test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

mod 12, why the wait for test server

doublea2015doublea2015 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
yea naw this aint cool you guys talking about releasing a new mod with new dungeon and you don't even give us a full 2 months of testing on test server before you release another mod with as much bugs as you still currently have yet to be fixed, so iv asked for this in the past, please make sure your putting that new mod on test server 2-3 months prior to its release so your community has plenty of testing time to find as many bugs as possible so that can be fixed before release... ontop of you need to go back and fix all the previous bugs before bringin out this new mod, this not only save you guys some headaches but us headaches as well, thank you please correct this.

@terramak @nitocris83 @strumslinger

Comments

• Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    Announcing a new mod 4 weeks beore it is ready to test (6 weeks before launch) is uncool. The Launch announcement should be when the playtest was available yesterday. In other words, get the playtest ready the day before the new mod is announced. It's nice to have the 'skip all the new content' button, but give the players time to go through the entire mod and find all the bugs.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    We didn't get enough testing time for the HR/SW/DC. Just want something competent done for the TR...
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    ghoulz66 said:

We didn't get enough testing time for the HR/SW/DC. Just want something competent done for the TR...

IDK DC is the only class that has had a good balance pass. You've probably got a 75% chance they're going to ask TRs to bend over and take one for the team because they don't have the resources to do a proper balance pass.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User

Well Us customers should have a say in your release dates as well we the ones that put money into this game and help keep it running so don't we get a say?

Yes. You can either play or not. That is pretty much the extent of it.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

Well Us customers should have a say in your release dates as well we the ones that put money into this game and help keep it running so don't we get a say?

I pay to play. Not to be their QA tester. The release schedule is their issue. If they take too long to release something, or release a POS, then they lose customers.
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Due to licensing, our announcement had to coincide with Wizards of the Coast's announcement. In addition, preview builds can only go up when they are stable enough so their release schedule is always tentative until the day of. The live release of a product is established months in advance and is very difficult to change due to publishing reasons. Trust me, we would love extra time to test and incorporate feedback but it's the nature of working with multiple other companies on a a product.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    urabask said:

ghoulz66 said:

IDK DC is the only class that has had a good balance pass. You've probably got a 75% chance they're going to ask TRs to bend over and take one for the team because they don't have the resources to do a proper balance pass.
    DC was already in good shape to begin with. Even then it was still done poorly.

TR is plagued with so many problems now. It needs a lot more attention than what the DC got. A lot more days of testing and feedback for a class left with problems for years.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Due to licensing, our announcement had to coincide with Wizards of the Coast's announcement. In addition, preview builds can only go up when they are stable enough so their release schedule is always tentative until the day of. The live release of a product is established months in advance and is very difficult to change due to publishing reasons. Trust me, we would love extra time to test and incorporate feedback but it's the nature of working with multiple other companies on a a product.

Well could you please confer with Wizards and tell them the best way you can your customers are requesting more time for testing before a release, atleast 60 days would be a improvement due to you guys need more time and we need more time, some time is better then none or little to none and having that extra time will help you guys out in the long run and make things more suitable for Us and you
    Make sure you tell them doublea2015 is doing the asking. THEN they'll change their tune!! /sillynessoff

What makes you think Julia has a direct line to Wizards? You probably have a better chance of emailing them with your 'request/demand'.

Either play or not, pay or not. Its all you any of us has for a 'say'.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    edited June 2017

Well I can't agree on that.. I have played games, and there where cases, that new update/expansions where postpone due QA team decision. In other words, QA team though that game is still not ready to go live, and release data where changed.
    Sure it where angry players, some managers also where not happy. But staff come with simple solution. They provide some small boost event and all where happy.. I think players prefer less buggy mod rather than getting it quickly and got disappointed. :)

p.s sorry for late respond..
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    ghoulz66 said:

urabask said:

ghoulz66 said:

DC was already in good shape to begin with. Even then it was still done poorly.

TR is plagued with so many problems now. It needs a lot more attention than what the DC got. A lot more days of testing and feedback for a class left with problems for years.
    Every DPS class thinks this about their class. There are still TRs that can carry in T3s.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    urabask said:

Every DPS class thinks this about their class. There are still TRs that can carry in T3s.

I think every player complains about own builds. . DC complain about its performance. Same goes for GWF, GF, TR, HR, OP, GF, Sw.
    The only ones who do not complains are ones which builds are abandoned.. as example opressor CW build. No one complains about it, because no one plays with such build.. :)
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    As mod 12 is now on the test server, this thread is closed. Please test the game and leave feedback in the proper feedback threads! Thanks!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.