test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Seducer: Alluring Guide to Scourge Warlock (Multi-Loadout Mod 11)

2»

Comments

• Options
    daccura#4102 daccura Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    @stathisjoestar
    Very nice that you compared these two and applied it to your setup which will give most benefit. I am looking forward to Multi-Loadouts and if it hits here on console I definetly come back here to check the updated informations.
  • Options
    stathisjoestarstathisjoestar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Important note on Murderous Flames:

I've been prompted to check Murderous Flames again. Upon testing on dummies the feat gives exact numbers, an extra 30% of Killing Flames' damage. That is not the case though during dungeon runs, as ACT numbers prove so; the feat's damage gets closer down to ~22% rather than be exactly 30%. I tested it out and these are the 2 additional mechanics of Murderous Flames:

1) Murderous Flames gets 30% of Killing Flames' base damage (at first), and then gets buffed seperately from Killing Flames, upon the effectiveness you had when Murderous Flames hit. This suggests slight changes in their damage, but nothing wrong here.

Example 1:
    -> Killing Flames: with 10% effectiveness (from Helltouched); you deal 1100 (1000) damage.
    -> Murderous Flames: with 15% effectiveness (from Helltouched and Infernal Wrath); you deal 345 (300) damage.
    In this case you did 345 damage instead of 330, due to the 5% rise in effectiveness at that very instant.

2) Murderous Flames suffers from 75% effectiveness against level 73 mobs !!!

Example 2:
    If the mob was level 73 and you had 10% effectiveness (from Helltouched):
    -> Killing Flames: you deal 1100 (1000) damage.
    -> Murderous Flames: its (300) base damage would be reduced by 25%, down to (225) damage! Then it would get buffed by 10% and finally deal 247 damage.

Comparing these findings: Killing Flames did 1100 damage; Murderous Flames was supposed to do 330, but eventually dealt 247 damage.
    In the end, we tried so hard and got so far, but Murderous Flames dealt 22,5% of Killing Flames' damage instead of 30% of its damage. It got reduced by 25%.

All in all, it is true that Murderous Flames will kinda underperform during the endgame. Keep in mind that it is still a quite valuable asset for our PvP loadout and single target loadout. It accounts for a small but respectable percentage of our damage; note that it contributes in Creeping Death and Infantile Compensation (Owlbear Cub) damage as well, upon ACT inspection.
    Be sure to provide any analysis from ACT numbers or your opinion on Murderous Flames, as it is sure to help. :)

@jaime4312#3760
    Post edited by stathisjoestar on

You may win a thousand fights, but you can only lose one.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Quite a few times I've been asked about Seducer's choice of attire. A Warlock has to look dandy and menacing in order to inspire awe to his comrades and strike fear into the heart of his foes.

PvE:
    -> Cowl: Rohini's Mask
    -> Longcoat: +3 Smiting Leather Tunic
    -> Wristguards: Gloves of the Nefarious Theurgist
    -> Pigaches: Boots of the Nefarious Theurgist

PvP:
    -> Cowl: Hood of Fate
    -> Longcoat: Elemental Tunic of the Black Earth
    -> Wristguards: Gloves of the Nefarious Theurgist
    -> Pigaches: Boots of the Nefarious Theurgist

She sleeps with those:
    -> Pact Blade: Pact Blade of Primal Fire
    -> Cloak: Maelstrom Cloak
    -> Belt: Mawcram's Belt

Keep blazin', stay amazing! B)

• Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User

Important note on Murderous Flames:

I've been prompted to check Murderous Flames again. Upon testing on dummies the feat gives exact numbers, an extra 30% of Killing Flames' damage. That is not the case though during dungeon runs, as ACT numbers prove so; the feat's damage gets closer down to ~22% rather than be exactly 30%. I tested it out and these are the 2 additional mechanics of Murderous Flames:

1) Murderous Flames gets 30% of Killing Flames' base damage (at first), and then gets buffed seperately from Killing Flames, upon the effectiveness you had when Murderous Flames hit. This suggests slight changes in their damage, but nothing wrong here.

Example 1:
    -> Killing Flames: with 10% effectiveness (from Helltouched); you deal 1100 (1000) damage.
    -> Murderous Flames: with 15% effectiveness (from Helltouched and Infernal Wrath); you deal 345 (300) damage.
    In this case you did 345 damage instead of 330, due to the 5% rise in effectiveness at that very instant.

2) Murderous Flames suffers from 75% effectiveness against level 73 mobs !!!

Example 2:
    If the mob was level 73 and you had 10% effectiveness (from Helltouched):
    -> Killing Flames: you deal 1100 (1000) damage.
    -> Murderous Flames: its (300) base damage would be reduced by 25%, down to (225) damage! Then it would get buffed by 10% and finally deal 247 damage.

Comparing these findings: Killing Flames did 1100 damage; Murderous Flames was supposed to do 330, but eventually dealt 247 damage.
    In the end, we tried so hard and got so far, but Murderous Flames dealt 22,5% of Killing Flames' damage instead of 30% of its damage. It got reduced by 25%.

All in all, it is true that Murderous Flames will kinda underperform during the endgame. Keep in mind that it is still a quite valuable asset for our PvP loadout and single target loadout. It accounts for a small but respectable percentage of our damage; note that it contributes in Creeping Death and Infantile Compensation (Owlbear Cub) damage as well, upon ACT inspection.
    Be sure to provide any analysis from ACT numbers or your opinion on Murderous Flames, as it is sure to help. :)

@jaime4312#3760
    @stathisjoestar

Thank you very much for doing that ACT testing :)

Your statement, at least the one regarding MF vs level 73 enemies does match what I was going to comment here so thanks for saving me that up xD It is good to see I was right though, 22% was what I was thinking of after checking combat logs :smile: (I'm a console player so no ACT for me ;_;)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but MF some times doesn't seem to proc at all regardless of enemy level. Some times I would hit an enemie and MF wouldn't appear on combat log at all, it happens often enough for it to be noticeable.

I do second your statement though, even if underperforming it still is a decent damage boost and it does in fact proc owlbear cub :smile:

Guys I wonder if a human SW (maxed devastating critical and blood pact of cania) could in any way match the dps of tiefling/dragonborn that take the aforementioned feats in the traditional ways. Could anyone with ACT test that out?
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    Well, I tested Feytouched again with hellbringer. During a CN run, the damage from the fey weapon procs was about 2%. But the problem with that is the fey buff proc. It procced only 3 times during the whole ~12 minutes run. It procced the first time I hit a mob, then it only procced again the very few times we had a long time out for a bio break or whatever. My guess is that PoP is making it bug and not proc during extended periods. A rogue buddy tested fey on previous runs, and he had exact the same issue if he used smoke bomb, but had the buff up full time if he didn't use it. Since they might have similar proc mechanics, it's probaby what causes it. I'm guessing many other dots may cause that problem, since I have a friend that had this issue with his DC but had it working perfectly with his GWF. In his case he suspected divine glow.

This bug really sucks because fey is great in many aspects for multibuilds, even aesthetically it is great.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Feytouched bug:

Great thanks @naoqueroforum for pointing out this bug.
    Our Green Circle of Love (aka Pillar of Power) is not working properly with Feytouched weapon enchantment.

Feytouched is activated normally upon an encounter use the first time. But thereafter, if Pillar of Power is active you cannot gain Feytouched buff again; this is not only affecting prolonged fights (eg. boss fights with Hellbringer), but also in-between mob fights, as we are applying Pillar of Power at every mob group.

Up-times:
    Pillar of Power buff: 15 sec
    Circle on the ground: 17 sec
    Feytouched buff: 20 sec

How to bypass this bug:
    -> Do not refresh Pillar of Power upon cooldown.
    Activate just 1 PoP every 20 sec. Check your buff bar by your character's portrait; the moment Feytouched buff expires (after 20 sec), then you'll activate a new PoP!
    Pillar of Power buff lasts 15 sec, and the Circle visual fx lasts 17 sec. During important boss fights we'll be fighting with Soulbinder Fury, but for those boss fights that we had to (or wanted to) stick with Hellbringer Fury, we'll have:
    75% up-time of Pillar of Power buff: +24% damage (plus 10% DR debuff)
    ~100% up-time of Feytouched buff: +18% damage

Alternatively,
    a) if you're too focused on the boss battle to mind the buff bar, you can just notice when the Circle visually fades (after 17 sec) and at that moment count "pop 1. pop 2. pop 3" while you continue with your rotation (without activating a new Pillar of Power). Then after those 3 full seconds (2,5 sec actually) have passed, re-cast any encounter and regain Feytouched buff.
    b) or if you missed the Feytouched buff by having an active Pillar of Power somewhere, you'll have to wait through all of PoP Circle's remaining seconds (up to 17 sec) and count for 3 more, in order to be able to get Feytouched buff again...
    Note: Hey, it's not stupid if it works. ;)

This is helpful for stationary fights, but from a mob group to another you'll want to re-cast Pillar of Power at every good chance to make the most of its 24% buff, plus 10% DR debuff and Owlbear procs. There will be situations that you'll be able to rotate between the 18% Feytouched buff or the 24% PoP buff, as well as situations you'll be able to have both.

Sadly, this is a hard hit to Warlock's dps since I consider Feytouched the most suitable choice. Feytouched's 18% buff can match Vorpal's and Dread's 50% and 75% Critical Severity bonus, since buffs are multiplied directly with the rest of the factors, while Critical Severity has to be added first with Combat Advantage. Feytouched works amazingly for Soulbinder too, personally I don't even have to use Essence Defiler with the flow of Soul Sparks from Hadar's Grasp and Immolation Spirits, especially with help in my cooldowns from a DC or OP.

On the bright side of things, just knowing how this bug works, you can save a great deal of damage from being wasted, by planning Pillar of Power carefully; otherwise by knowing about this, it will be easier for you to settle with our two other great choices: Vorpal or Dread.
    Make sure to spread the word about this bug among the Warlock community, I'll also post it on the Bug section; any ideas on how else to cope with this bug or thoughts on our alternative choices are welcome. :)

• Options
    It's pretty sad having to resort to this workaround, but thanks for pointing it out. @stathisjoestar

At least they took the time and effort to make sure warlock's bargain soul link damage doesn't proc weapon enchantments anymore in today's patch. In pvp it could have been a source of damage. Is this skill still insta suicide button in many (pvp)occasions?
  • Options
    ppwojtekppwojtek Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Guys if you could choice... What is better mount power +4k Crit or Power ?
  • Options
    terrasight#2000 terrasight Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    ppwojtek said:

Guys if you could choice... What is better mount power +4k Crit or Power ?

Depends on your build in my opinion.
    Personal I stack more crit on me and more power on companion so I go with a +4k crit mount.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    @ppwojtek
    Yeah it depends on the build. :)
    If I were you, with 80% Critical chance or less I would go for the +4k Critical mount!
    +4k Critical would provide you with a solid 10% Critical chance. And Fury is benefitted greatly by High Crit builds.

On the other hand, with great power comes great 'diminishing returns'. With the +4k Power mount instead:
    If you had 0 Power, you would receive 10% damage increase; but if you already have 40k Power, you will receive 5% damage increase; for 60k Power, you will gain a 4% damage increase.

Seducer (with 112% Critical Severity) does x2,1 times her damage (~53% damage increase) upon a critical hit in PvE (and x2,6 her damage with critical and advantage; ~62% damage increase). Personally, I aim for 90% Critical chance in-combat, without Sudden Ring of Precision equipped.

I can't point a Golden Ratio between Power and Critical, but to me guaranteeing that you'll always have that 50% damage increase is more important than a constant 5% damage increase.
    I'd suggest you to first aim for a high Critical chance and after you reach your goal, then boost your Power all the way. ;)

• Options
    ppwojtekppwojtek Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    My companion now buff myself to 50k power and 29k Crit which is 97%~ And i run with +2k Power mount. I can put one more power enchant into my companion and then change mount power to crit but if doesn't matter ill stay with power i think. thanks for response
  • Options

@ppwojtek
    Yeah it depends on the build. :)
    If I were you, with 80% Critical chance or less I would go for the +4k Critical mount!
    +4k Critical would provide you with a solid 10% Critical chance. And Fury is benefitted greatly by High Crit builds.

On the other hand, with great power comes great 'diminishing returns'. With the +4k Power mount instead:
    If you had 0 Power, you would receive 10% damage increase; but if you already have 40k Power, you will receive 5% damage increase; for 60k Power, you will gain a 4% damage increase.

Seducer (with 112% Critical Severity) does x2,1 times her damage (~53% damage increase) upon a critical hit in PvE (and x2,6 her damage with critical and advantage; ~62% damage increase). Personally, I aim for 90% Critical chance in-combat, without Sudden Ring of Precision equipped.

I can't point a Golden Ratio between Power and Critical, but to me guaranteeing that you'll always have that 50% damage increase is more important than a constant 5% damage increase.
    I'd suggest you to first aim for a high Critical chance and after you reach your goal, then boost your Power all the way. ;)

I didn't get what you meant by the constant 50% damage increase? From having only 10% extra crit chance? The "diminishing returns" that power suffer from, also affect critical.

I would consider this. If you have 100% critical severity but 0% crit chance, a 10% extra critical chance means 10% more damage. But if you are already at 90% crit chance, an extra 10% more critical chance is ~5% more damage, similar to the extra power if you are sitting at around 40k power. The difference is that there is a hard cap for crit which doesn't happen for power, so 4k crit increase at 100% crit chance is 0% extra damage as opposed to ~4% more damage from 4k power if sitting at 150% extra damage (~60kpower). Since power isn't capped, this perceived "diminishing returns" might seem more obvious. Most of the time power will be at a higher point of "diminishing returns" with all the buffs from your party, but you also have to consider that you may be reaching 100% crit chance at some point, and any extra crit chance after that is basically wasted, while your extra power will still benefit you, no matter how little it might be.

So keep that in mind as well. Check what you are going to equip at endgame and see how far it gets you in critical chance. Don't forget pots and all other buffs that might affect you.

Oh, and doesn't dark revelry take the mount power into account?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    @naoqueroforum
    I get what you say, truthfully I'm not a math expert and I usually let intuition guide me. ;)
    What I meant is that raising the probability of a critical hit to a point that it makes a difference, is more imortant than 'diminished' damage increase. It may be the fact that Critical Severity gives less in damage increase the more you raise it (it also gets added with Combat Advantage, meaning even less), and so does Power. But I'm checking here the probability, the Critical Chance only, a 'Yes or No' condition to whether the damage increase will happen or not.

75% Critical Chance means you'll get a critical hit 3 out of 4 times.
    Reaching though that sweet 90% Critical Chance means you got a critical hit 9 out of 10 times!
    3/4 and 9/10 are all the difference in the world as I see it, since it will be the probability of few numbers.
    Every first hit from a mob fight to another is now almost sure to be a critical; that's very important since all the mobs will be lighted up with Lesser Curse (from All-Consuming Curse); all mobs from the very beginning will be suffering from Creeping Death while you continue the rest of your AoE rotation. Further Critical hits (which will be far too often) will offer (let's say) double damage; that damage boost (that is guaranteed to happen too often due to probability) will be repeated in Creeping Death as well.

That provides us with a (determinant) high chance of: burst damage, lesser curse spread, creeping death's repeat of burst; that's how you kill mobs in seconds, and not with (again, let's say) 5% damage increase.
    Probability is tricky, I believe reaching 85-90% Critical Chance is more crucial here.

I don't take Critical Severity into account here; it's 3 out of 4 times to do over x2 times your damage OR 9 out of 10 times to do that same damage. Chance is what I wanted to highlight previously.

400 critical = 1% critical chance
    but 400 power = less than 1% damage increase
    (eg. with 0 Power = 1% damage
    40k Power = 0,5% damage
    60k Power = 0,4% damage
    120k Power = 0,25% damage)

Getting to 85-90% on Critical Chance (eg. from the +4k Critical mount) is a solid increase stat-wise and dps-wise, or so I want to believe. ;p

Edit: Yes, Dark Revelry will take into account the Mount bonus of +4k Power.

• Options
    drizztfohldrizztfohl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    What artifacts, other than your primary ones (devoted and WoE), do you use with these builds?
  • Options
    jiubiizeekkjiubiizeekk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 144 Arc User
    Can you fix your tiny pic pictures????
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    @drizztfohl
    For my HB Fury loadout my secondary Artifacts are:
    Wheel of Elements/Lantern of Revelation/Sigil of the Controller
    I don't consider them BiS for my build, but the stats I favor are Power and Critical.
    (That extra Penetration from Lantern might come in handy with Mod 12 :p)

@jiubiizeekk
    If there is a Guide on "Uploading pics for (training) dummies", I certainly need to read it! :# I don't have the (basic) knowledge on how to upload an image on Vanilla forums properly; I just did some Html stuff I know of. I'll nudge a community moderator to explain me how to, and re-upload (edit) the images.
    Edit: I re-uploaded the Boons images in a greater size; I hope they're more readable now.

@deldrach
    I would be reluctant in adding Critical Severity on my PvP SW, instead of Feytouched's raw damage buff and essential enemy debuff. Critical strikes are underperforming in damage in PvP.
    (This may have to do with Critical hits being mitigated by both Critical Damage Resistance and Armor Penetration Resistance; which is a point made in @bvira 's thread about Tenacity)

It is true, as a Hellbringer you'll skip Feytouched's 18% buff (maybe far too) often. Personally I'm trying Vorpal in PvE and switch to Feytouched in PvP for the time being; I hope this bug issue gets fixed.
    Your party members may use Feytouched enchant as well, and get to debuff the enemy's damage; but I'd still rather have Feytouched's debuff by myself and try and use Pillar of Power carefully for the Feytouched's buff.
    Feytouched on a Hellbringer PvP loadout -and when combined with Pillar of Power- would make you sturdy enough and lethal as well (if you don't randomly spam PoP).
    Feytouched on a Soulbinder PvP loadout -combined with Borrowed Time (off-hand effect) and (possibly) Blades of Vanquished Armies- will get you extra sturdy as well (the Feytouched's buff wouldn't bug on the Soulbinder loadout either!); plus you could get 14 Soul Sparks from Hadar's Grasp upon crit, if you chose not to slot BoVA or WB (or KF).

• Options
    drizztfohldrizztfohl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 66 Arc User
    Perfect! Thanks! How about enchantments for offense and defense?
  • Options
    etelgrin said:

Hey,

Generally I'm not sure the bug with Feytouched is as major as people claim it is. To me I don't open rotation with PoP, so when I cast anything else (it got to hit the target to put the debuff and put buff, exluding PoP though because its bugged like you pointed out) I proc Feytouched and the cast PoP and anything else. But to be fairly honest I didn't pay as much attention if my buff remains or if it fades afterwards.

However I switched to Frost and I'm fairly happy with it, there are occasions where my damage seems higher, maybe it is because the enchantment is working and triggering properly. I also found out a couple oddities with it, specifically when it goes on cooldown you can literally see procs of Creeping Death on the opponents and the Frost weapon enchant damage too. It isn't too great but the thing is, we sort of aren't anymore a "hdps" of course we do DPS, we can buff, we can debuff, but we are not GWF or GFs for that matter.

The bug with PoP and fey is not whether you use pop as opener or not. The problem with PoP and fey occurs when you have an active PoP hitting foes by the time the fey buff should finish. If that happens, you will trigger a cooldown on the fey buff but without triggering the actual buff. You will only be able to get the fey buff again if at the time the bugged cooldown is about to finish you don't have any active pillars dealing damage to a foe. It's not hard to check the bug on a dummy for yourself in case it isn't clear yet. Just hit it with any power that activates the fey buff, then when it is about to finish, cast PoP next to it and watch your fey buff disappear. After that you won't be able to trigger the fey buff for a while.

I think I will check what you said about the frost enchantment. Never bothered testing it because we don't proc enchants that well (Holy A, Lightning, etc). I'm hoping for a good surprise now. Anything above 7% total damage sounds unbelievable to me.
  • Options
    Yeah, I know what you mean about adapting to the new mod. I have been kind of away from the game since the new mod started, only getting in to pray and hit my balls. I think I will be able to do some dungeons today so I will try to test every path again, see if anything changed by proxy or stealthily and we have a new way to deal damage now. Like who knows, BG and HW proccing from soul bonding, necrotic damage dealing more damage as the target's HP diminishes and soul puppet dealing piercing damage :)
  • Options
    seamus72seamus72 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hi and thx for the guide @stathisjoestar . What the artefacts for Hellbringer Temptation, Wheel of Elements is the first ok but others ?
  • Options
    david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Thanks for the guide, it worths reading a lot.

But its missing the temptation build image, which im very interested in. Whould you please check it out?

Thanks
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User

Thanks for the guide, it worths reading a lot.

But its missing the temptation build image, which im very interested in. Whould you please check it out?

Thanks

And what kind image u require? Templocks role, is to moderate field, with healing, some buffs and debuffs and dps.

p.s @seducer38,
    I updated my guide/build.. care u check it. maybe u find something good for own builds :)
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221720/pc-mod-12-hellbringer-temtation-build-guide-hades-edition/p1?new=1
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    hi need some help with a dudes i thinking make loadout perma dailly, overload TC on FoP or BOH. But i dont know if will be fine for DPS and how much recovery and action point gain will need for make that ?