test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Relics vs aboleth weapons

Ok, so I have the relic weapons but they haven't been upgraded yet. It has been a struggle to get into svardborg queues everyone still wants 3.7 to 4k and I am only 3.2k. My question is are yhe aboleth weapons just as good for dps?

Comments

• Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    I have both sets at legendary and to be honest there really isnt that much between them. The stats they give are identical and only the set bonus differ on each set plus you get 3% frost on each of the relic weapons. My advice is that if you're struggling to get the wards to upgrade the relic set go for the aboleth set which is way easier to max out.
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I have relics at purple and am about to trade them in on Aboleth. The relics do 10% damage bonus on encounter use or 10% defense bonus if you roll, dodge, slip, duck or dodge. So on my TR, who rolls all the time, I am getting the defense bonus almost all the time...play-style issues I know, but Aboleth does 4% damage bonus and some other random thing, so rather than grind marks, I am trading in. The other stats are the same. YMMV
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    jason#2156 jason Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    Where do you trade them at?
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Personally going to use both n' SH 2.0 ones due to loadouts, Aboleth is good if the fight takes abit. :3
  • Options
    zacoria1405zacoria1405 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    One thing I really didnt like about the Aboleth set is the way they make enemies do some mad dance while you're fighting them. I prefer enemies not to be dancing while I'm trying to destroy them, but thats just my personal preference and for that reason mainly I favour the relic set.
  • Options
    diloul31diloul31 Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2017
    nm.
    Someone said the same thing before me ^^'
    Post edited by diloul31 on
  • Options
    sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Here is what I did with my relics: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Suns Tip/video/32262131
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • Options
    majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

One thing I really didnt like about the Aboleth set is the way they make enemies do some mad dance while you're fighting them. I prefer enemies not to be dancing while I'm trying to destroy them, but thats just my personal preference and for that reason mainly I favour the relic set.

While its fun to watch the Mobs and few bosses do the 'Funky Chicken' for you while you beat them to death with Aboleth, the dancing does effect their attack animation so be mindful. You won't see that Fell Troll wind up before he knocks you across the room if he's caught in the effect.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • Options
    ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

Here is what I did with my relics: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Suns Tip/video/32262131

Such a waste... :3 You do you, I guess.