test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cw frozen

begger#7985 begger Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Does frozen count as a rooted spell? The reason I ask I just got a epic companion that grates 5% more damage to rooted or stun enemies

Comments

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    If you mean icy terrain, then i would say it will count, Steal time should also count
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I would be hesitant to assume things are working as intended based on common sense / logical reading of the tooltip. Track record for new conditional bonuses in this game is pretty rocky.

I haven't done any testing so I don't know, but I think it would warrant trying this out on dummies before concluding one way or the other. I know for stuff like Spinneret armor (or the old HV CW armor) only a portion of what a normal person would consider "control effects" actually proc the abilities.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Only tooltips that say "controlled target" can be assumed to apply to rooted, stunned, frozen, dazed, proned, slowed, immobilized, and I am surely missing some variants. Even then, you may find exceptions which may or may not be bugs.

If your tooltip references a specific type of control, then you need to find corresponding tooltips of powers that it will actually work with.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

Only tooltips that say "controlled target" can be assumed to apply to rooted, stunned, frozen, dazed, proned, slowed, immobilized, and I am surely missing some variants. Even then, you may find exceptions which may or may not be bugs.

If your tooltip references a specific type of control, then you need to find corresponding tooltips of powers that it will actually work with.

Again, I would caveat this pretty heavily because tooltips throughout this game are pretty unreliable, especially when it comes to mechanics interactions.

Just because the tooltip leads you to believe it should work doesn't not mean it will. Unfortunately, there is no substitute for testing case-by-case.
  • backbite44backbite44 Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Yeah, the tool tip for the river district healing set doesn't specify "healing spells"... only "healing" but I'd bet money it wouldn't work on healing done by a SW... It probably should. ...
    Saved!
    Yeah, I should have included more about testing case-by-case in there. But you shouldn't go into using a companion that cites damage against stunned/rooted targets while expecting it to work against frozen ones.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited June 2017
    BTW: Unrelated to the OP's question but here's a thread to the testament of how poorly certain mechanics are at reflecting the tooltips. I point you to great research done on the GWF's Mighty Blade Feat which allegedly buffs AoE powers:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229997/mighty-blade-feat-and-aoe
    dupeks said:

BTW: Unrelated to the OP's question but here's a thread to the testament of how poorly certain mechanics are at reflecting the tooltips. I point you to great research done on the GWF's Mighty Blade Feat which allegedly buffs AoE powers:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229997/mighty-blade-feat-and-aoe

I've never cross-referenced the tooltips against that set of tests, but Lazalia's build ages ago stated that Mighty Blade applied to any power with a tooltip stating "burst", as opposed to "cone" or other descriptors that can still hit multiple targets.

Neverwinter Census 2017