test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wild Hunt Rider 'ninja' fix?

mattmonroemattmonroe Member Posts: 56 Arc User
Just curious what this actual fix was, as there are mixed ideas about it. I have guildies that are claiming a cooldown was added to it in between procs, whereas my understanding was that prior to the fix there was a bug that allowed it to stay up all the time (for CW's?) so they just fixed that portion, thus not really affecting it for HR usage.

It still procs on gushing wound, is there any reason to not continue to consider this one of the BiS companions for HR's? (specifically combat HR's)

Comments

• issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Now it can not activate again until its active bonus expires first - therefore its active for less than 50% combat time as trapper and highly dependent on RNG now. Imo its not worth using it now for any build except for trapper hr since other potential companions trapper could use are bugged and not working anyway.
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • forums700forums700 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    This is yet another piece of information that really has me wondering what a good set of companions for a trapper is right now.

Wild hunt rider now seems to have an internal cooldown and the duration no longer appears to stack up. So as the previous poster said, it's a lot worse than it used to be. Possibly not worth using even on a trapper, except maybe in boss fights?

According to the HR bug thread in this section, most archons do not improve root damage. Which for some trapper builds would mean they might be contributing as little as half of their indicated bonus depending on the type of fight, party size and rotation being used. Has anyone tested to see if the archon damage bonus applies to gushing wound and careful attack?

I'm not clear on whether the slyblade kobold provides a damage bonus against monsters that can't be CC'd with roots. Are bosses hit with weak grasping or thorned roots considered to be rooted? Or does boss CC immunity mean that the damage bonus from the kobold just doesn't apply to them?

Lastly, also not clear on whether or not the siege master increases damage from roots. Would be very glad to hear from someone who has done testing about what they've observed and the details of the tests they did.

The fact that so many companions and other things like the fire damage bonus from wheel of elements just don't work with roots is pretty annoying, especially when tool tips say nothing about these exclusions. It's hard to make good spending decisions when the information being provided by the game is flat out wrong.

Thanks.
  • mattmonroemattmonroe Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    isssssho said:

Now it can not activate again until its active bonus expires first - therefore its active for less than 50% combat time as trapper and highly dependent on RNG now. Imo its not worth using it now for any build except for trapper hr since other potential companions trapper could use are bugged and not working anyway.

I'm not sure I understand. So it's active for 5 seconds, then it can activate again? Isn't that what it always and is supposed to do?
    It is what it is supposed to do, but it was bugged before so timer stacked - therefore you could have 3+ minutes of WHR buff active - and basically if you don't die it would nearly never expire during the dungeon.

THC
  • jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    The Wild Hunt Rider has indeed been fixed. Previously, it would pretty much 'multiproc', and it's buff - while still at the listed percentage - would have a very generous uptime. Like the poster above me has stated, it'd run into the minutes. Personally, I have - for the moment - abandoned the companion altogether, in favour of the Sellsword/Earth/Air/Fire/Siege Master combination.

While not ideal, as indeed it has been reported in the bug thread that the Archons' bonusses do not work with Thorned Roots - which, I guess, requires a new round of testing - I am currently at a loss at what else I could slot. The last time I tested the Slyblade Kobold, which is, admittedly, a decent while ago, the Slyblade didn't work *at all* for my Trapper.

Right now I'm at a point on my Trapper that improvements are improvements - at any level - are hell-a expensive for very little return. I'll be revisiting my companion loadout shortly, and I will run quite a few tests for each of the companions. Right now, the companions on my list of testing are:

1) Archons, barring Water Archon. Water Archon is a HAMSTER.
    2) Revisiting Slyblade, to make sure I didn't err when I last tested him.
    3) CritSev guys; reason being, if the Archons truely do not work with Roots, they might just - albeit very slightly - pull out ahead in total damage output. Of this, I am very sceptical, but Testing is Love. Testing is Life.
    4) Death Slaad Powerstone; This guy was once a powerhouse on bosses, because it procced very quickly through the application of Careful Attack. I remember it being a rather nice percentage of my damage output on Demogorgon. Just like the CritSev guys - Eryines (I can never remember the spelling) and the Cambion Magus - I am rather sceptical about it's value, but hey, it's not like I have anything better to do.
    5) The Young Yeti; Recently, his price on the PC has skyrocketed. While it's far more likely that the supply of Yeti's is dropping because very few people actually run the mini-event to get one, and therefor the price has gone up, it has made me curious as to his active effect.
    6) Siege Master; It stands to reason that when I test the damage boost of the Archons, Siege Master gets a look also.
    7) Our old friend, Wild Hunt Rider; This is actually pretty easy to test. While I fear his uptime on a dungeon run right now is pretty low, checking his uptime on boss fights is valuable.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what companion should get a look at as well, please leave a comment. I would ask that only the Active Effect of the companion be counted, as I'm not interested in switching out my summoned Sellsword any time soon. I often run with a crew that all have Sellswords/Con Artists/Rebel Mercenaries and a Dancing Shield, and she's valuable to me.

Also, I am aware Sume recently did a video about some companion testing. If you're interested, this is the video: https://youtube.com/watch?v=Zn0aLHzjDU8&t=1s
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    isssssho said:

It is what it is supposed to do, but it was bugged before so timer stacked - therefore you could have 3+ minutes of WHR buff active - and basically if you don't die it would nearly never expire during the dungeon.

I'm doing the same thing you are, we do not have the patch yet on console but I'm prepping for it now. In regards to Erinyes/Cambion you can calculate what their crit sev bonuses translates to pretty easily, using the 3rd graph on this site

http://janne.coreside.com/mechanics/crit-ca

For me, I have 196% base Crit Sev + Combat Advantage and using these calculations of CS + CA + 100% Crit Chance, 10% crit sev (Erinyes or Cambion) gives me 3.3% DPS bonus. Which is really good at this point End Game.

Besides WHR, I currently run Air/Earth/Siege/Erinyes. So again using the calculations above, if i drop WHR, adding a Cambion Magus (if i ever got one) would give me a 2.9% dps bonus, which again I believe would be best. I can't find any scenario that would be better, other than swapping in a sellsword and moving my air to active, which I can not properly outfit at the moment (no usable belt or swordknot). I do have a legendary con artist I could use, but I'm not sure how much I will lose out with that defensive bonding slot. Will have to play around with the numbers.
    edited May 2017
    Aside from sellsword / con artist / rebel mercenary which are imo best summoned compnion atm, you can use fire archon, air archon, erinyes, magus, siege master, wild hunt rider (as trapper), repentant dragon cultist as acitve depending what you like or need. Air archon didn't work with roots last time i checked and earth archon didn't work at all so I avoid earth one completely. Depending if you change companions for certain dungs its nice to use mage slayer for msp too. Also last time I checked yeti was still bugged but I guess I should check that again if the price skyrocketed on PC hoping for the best.

THC
  • kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Currently running Air/Earth/Fire/Siege/Erinyes; tried WHR and was thoroughly unimpressed, but was looking at the Sellsword because of her buff powers. All in all though I haven't found another combination of companions that produces damage as efficiently.
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
    isssssho said:

Aside from sellsword / con artist / rebel mercenary which are imo best summoned compnion atm, you can use fire archon, air archon, erinyes, magus, siege master, wild hunt rider (as trapper), repentant dragon cultist as acitve depending what you like or need. Air archon didn't work with roots last time i checked and earth archon didn't work at all so I avoid earth one completely. Depending if you change companions for certain dungs its nice to use mage slayer for msp too. Also last time I checked yeti was still bugged but I guess I should check that again if the price skyrocketed on PC hoping for the best.

What do you mean earth archon didn't work at all? Are you talking about for summoned or for active? I noticed a very large DPS jump when I added earth as an active.

I'm running an Air summoned, with Siege/Eearth/Erinyes/WHR at the moment.
  • david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Damm 2 weeks after I upgrade my 2 WHR in both HR and CW, they get nerfed.

One question, I see it proccing still from time to time, but the icon just lasts 2 seconds, not 10 as it should. ANy comment on this?

PD. Erinyes are right now better then WHR for combat, for sure? i got like 185 crit sev now.

• alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I don't see anyone talking about the repentant cultist why is that?
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I'd think mostly because getting one is so unlikely that it can't be deemed a must-have item. I believe it's fine if you happen to have one.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

I'd think mostly because getting one is so unlikely that it can't be deemed a must-have item. I believe it's fine if you happen to have one.
    It also (allegedly) used to be way better, when the buff scaled with your power stat. But that's long fixed.

And the fixed active +4% against enemies at >50% health (and another +1% for dragons) is OK, but not necessarily great compared to most other damage buff pets with bigger or more consistent buffs.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I really hope they fix the yeti, with that and my giants eye, I'll be enormous.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • ztj0kkerztj0kker Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Any thoughts on Paranoid Delusion for Trapper?
  • david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    and the new raptor, woulnt be a must have for anyone?
  • alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Ah yes but does cultist buff our roots though that's the deciding factor.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND