test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Owl Bear Cub Companion not activating Infantile Compensation

uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
edited April 2017 in Bug Reports (PC)
Good Day All!

I recently discovered an issue with my Owl Bear Cub. I looted a green (lvl 25) Owl Bear Cub from a dungeon chest (bound to account/bound to character on equip) not to long ago and decide to upgrade to purple and use it as an active companion on my Oathbond Paladin. While looking at different enchants to give to him I noticed that my Owl Bear Cub was not activating Infantile Compensation on non critical hits.

I then made him idle and then put it back in an active companion slot, Infantile Compensation still didn't proc. I made it my summoned companion, Infantile Compensation still did proc. This is not working as intended.

I then logged in my main that has a lock box version of the companion. I made the Owl Bear Cub one of my active companions and it was activating Infantile Compensation on non-critical hits for my main. This is working as intended

As I believe that this is reproducible on other companion's looted from dungeon chest I believe there is a bug or something else that does not work with these companions.

Players beware that if you upgrade one of these companions that they may not be activating abilities correctly or at all. If you suspect that you have dungeon chest companion it maybe worthwhile to mention it in this post as it might help the developers find out where the problem is.

@nitocris83 @terramak please look into this.

Thanks again for all the support :) !

Comments

• Options
    uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    I just released my error here. I was using a setup were my encounter powers don't do any real damage therefore would not crit and also would not proc Infantile Compensation on non-crit hits.

Swapped my powers around and my pet was activating infantile Compensation. So it was in fact my fault for not reading the Owl Bear Cubs tool tip correctly.

Apologies for the post @kreatyve or one of the other moderators could you please close this thread.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Closed at OP's request.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.