test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please end having to restore artifact weapons!

elmoregemstoneelmoregemstone Member Posts: 372 Arc User
Its stupid, and boring! I dont want to have to run the same stupid mission 40 times for 1 stupid restore item per run.
To me its a cheap cop out on content. I havent finished my RD weapons because i need to run a portal mission 11 more times and havent touched it in a week because im just so sick of seeing that HAMSTER mission.
There has to be a better way, a more fun way.
I skipped all of the last mod because of this and that was way worse on the boring and stupid level.

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    The restoration is just another level of grind to make people come back every day. Will never happen. Actually, pray they don't come up with yet another layer of grind.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Comparing with the past, this is an "improvement".
    Elemental weapons: 100 big HE which you could not do that alone and you need to wait for the HE to pop.
    Twisted: 40 edemo run which you need to be in a 10 player party, get gold and with a key every time.
    Relic: Hmmm! I don't want to talk about that.
    RD: 40 portal runs is actually the easiest part because you always get one. I can solo that, do that whenever I feel like it, no need for party and no need for partner. Getting writing has random chance. Getting Focus besides daily is even worse.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Getting writing has random chance.

Not random if you fill the Security campaign task over and over again. Always drops one.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

Not random if you fill the Security campaign task over and over again. Always drops one.
    The AH has a high drop rate of them also ;)
  • Options

Thanks, I keep forgetting that because I usually don't have enough to contribute.

The AH has a high drop rate of them also ;)
    I did not even think about that because I did not even aware I can buy that from AH. Thanks.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    If you don't want to grind this out move onto the River District weapons!
  • Options
    reg1981 said:

If you don't want to grind this out move onto the River District weapons!

He was talking about RD weapon. :)
  • Options
    niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    You do not have to contribute to the ship to move the security task bar forward.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    niadan said:

You do not have to contribute to the ship to move the security task bar forward.

Yup, you can try to find guard posts to upgrade, and also just kill stuffs.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited April 2017

niadan said:

Yup, you can try to find guard posts to upgrade, and also just kill stuffs.
    Wait! I do kill stuff and small HE but I didn't notice the security bar moves at all. Or, may be it moved but I didn't see it. Finding guard post to upgrade is kind of hard and slow to move the bar.
  • Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Mobs from HEs, quests, dig sites, and guard post attacks don't count towards Security. And I think mobs that are attacking the moving merchant don't count also.
  • Options
    gater89gater89 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    and i want weaponsets with diffent stats...
    every set get crit... a real tank dont need crit
  • Options
    urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I must say I would rather not... that said this, time at least you could get what you needed for the process.

yes it was a grind but it was a sure thing

this was better than before

I would like to see the stats of the gear before you bought it...

Urlord
  • Options
    safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Why not just ask them to stop making new campaigns where we have to grind for hours, days, and weeks to get more urgently needed and utterly essential boons and shiny, new higher IL gear?
  • Options
    Why not just ask them to stop making new campaigns where we have to grind for hours, days, and weeks to get more boons and shiny, new higher IL gear? By the way, if you do not immediately acquire the said gear, you will be shunned and looked down upon by Faerun at large. They'll still let you in the gates of Neverwinter, but don't expect any free meals.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    If you play this game, and give a hoot about what people think, then perhaps you are taking it too seriously?

I just recently switched to Bonding stones/companions (makes life much easier), and couldn't have cared less about people not liking my choice of gear. I DPS's/stayed alive well enough to pull my weight.

Just be yourself (as long as yourself is a Dwarven GWF with spiked armor).
  • Options
    litaaers said:

If you play this game, and give a hoot about what people think, then perhaps you are taking it too seriously?

I just recently switched to Bonding stones/companions (makes life much easier), and couldn't have cared less about people not liking my choice of gear. I DPS's/stayed alive well enough to pull my weight.

Just be yourself (as long as yourself is a Dwarven GWF with spiked armor).

Dwarves rule, elves drool.

All the other races are just fooling themselves.
  • Options
    Hamsters tell dwarves what to do. They're the real power behind the throne. Even Bruenor must pay homage to them.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I'm getting pretty tired of lanolin runs. Who am I kidding? I don't farm lanolin. The restore process is just a new AD sink for all us old-timers who know how to refine and have the resources to make it quick.