test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Any Defense against objective theives?

marcm713#3446 marcm713 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
Is there a way to defend against the guys who swoop in as you are clearing final monsters and steal the objective? IE Sharandar - Vital Sap. They swoop in while you are still clearing the last of the aggro redcaps and take the objective? Or is this a case of "suck it up princess...that's the way of the world."

The only thing I've been able to do to slow them down is make sure the fight is centered around the objective, but that isn't always successful. They just sit there trying to claim it while you clean up the remaining monsters.
Totally freaking weak play IMO.
Thanks for any tips.
Mc

Answers

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    The best defense for quests where you really find you're having trouble with getting griefed is to change instances, or do them on a day when they were not offered. A lot of the early campaigns are most efficiently completed by collecting dailies and running them in rounds every few days or even once a week anyway.

The vital sap one always bothers me a little when people complain about it, because there is no excuse for having to fight more than 4 powries and witherers per tree, and everyone should slot sufficient AoE to simply waste them... every class can do this; yes, even support. They are squishy weak mobs. If you're pulling in more mobs than that, be more careful in your approach (don't run through extra packs), and don't engage when there's a patrol close by, or kill the patrols first as they won't respawn all that fast.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Sadly this isn't the only griefable quest:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1223762/pc-ps4-xbox-feedback-stealable-or-griefable-quest-objectives

What Becky says is true, especially on regards to changing instances. Doing it on off days works is even safer but not always convenient.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    yep. It doesn't just happen in Sharandar. Well of Dragons as well. Granted the little redcaps don't take much to defeat but some of these folks are quick to swoop in. WOD fights can take my OP a little more time giving the DB's a little more time to get the objective.
    Thanks for the input on doing it on off days. That seems like the most sure way to get it done cleanly.
    Mc
  • Options
    trieper47#8124 trieper47 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Bring the fight to the objective to make sure they will draw aggro of the enemies you're fighting while trying to poach it. So satisfying watching nubs go down then spam their help button after getting dusted by Dragon Cultists/Thayans in WOD or Polar Bears/Barbarians etc in IWD. After I killed everything - I just take the objective and move one - leaving the nub poacher for dead!
  • Options
    Tieper,
    I have done that. It's really fun watching them after you get the objective....and then leave them with the monsters.
    Mc
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There is a another way to protect yourself against ninjas, if you don't mind waiting. Find an objective where the guards are slain and item has already been taken. Plant yourself next to it and wait for it to respawn. You should be able to finish the 'casting time' before the guards aggro on you. I have done this successfully on the captive dwarves in Dwarven Valley 'Dwarf Stew' quest and it worked like a charm.
    Should work on other quests as well.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother