test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No New Weapons In Professions System

doublea2015doublea2015 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
Yes I would like to have no new weapons put in professions, no need for you to pass out newer weapons with same type of format as last mod/update, also profession system isn't not the way to go for obtaining weapons, also this update that's coming is literally 6 months to late, so putting the newer weapons in the professions system is not only annoying but UNFAIR to the community and to those whom do not do profession slave work, ontop of that not to mention the 10s of millions of AD that it would take to get to rank 25 professions not including the millions to craft the weapon and then you cant even sell the weapon, wtf type of mess is that come on iv been a gamer with this company for like 6 or 7 years now and this looks like another fail maneuver to me, honestly would be Better for the Game and better for Guilds and Alliances to have the weapons put in the Stronghold Vendor were the old ones were for higher cost of fangs and higher cost of seals and a newer type of Seal for those only, No Professions items should be required for these new SH weapons, reason being 3-6months from now they will be outdated again with a newer mod/update, Better for Alliances and Guilds due to the fact everyone will be Farming together more effectively to reach a common goal instead of everyone off doing their own thing, this would also increase player base and in long run make Cryptic/Arc more money due to higher player base, If your still going to put the weapons in the Profession system atleast make sure you can Sell the weapons on Auction house and make sure its Craftable for a decent price not this millions of AD Sinkhole, thought we did not want the profession system ruling the auction house lol when I see stuff from Mod 8 masterwork armors still at 2-3mill AD on certain items, that's uncalled for and needs to be adjusted so prices are like that from crafting items, all that does is ruin the game.

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I am not going to bother responding to this wall of text, except to comment that it doesn't take 10s of millions to get to 25.

It does take a lot of AD (or a humongous amount of work) to get to Mastercrafting Rank III, which you need for the new items, but that's a different thing.

However, you are right that the new mastercraft system is flawed, but the real problem is totally different.

I had originally looked forward to being able to craft myself a new set of armors, but as things are, that would be pretty pointless, considering the quality of the items sold by the Mysterious Merchant for nothing more than guild marks. Why spend millions of AD making something that is inferior to equipment you can simply buy?

As for the masterwork weapons, well, the base stats are the same as for the relic and M11 weapons, but Mastercraft weapons look like they will be BiS, if a whole 5-man group is using them - for a solo player, Relic or M11 weapons have a better bonus.

Considering how expensive the weapons will be, I just don't think many people will bother.

There is one tiny category where it may actually be worthwhile to make the Masterwork gear, and that's for the PvP rings - the replacements for the Rosegold items. PvPers that want every single edge, no matter how small, might actually want those.

Overall, though - sorry - the new masterwork gear is doomed, due to bad design.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

I vote that you use periods and paragraphs.

+1
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Profession need a "Upgrade Weapon System" and "Epic Upgrade Weapon System".
    How this work:
    "If anyone get a weapon / armor / ring / belt / neck drop, in Profession System they can use this to craft a powerup version that item. And for rare drops, rare crafts."
    "In epic levels, players can be upgrade all of epic equipaments (for each proffesion) until 3 times, or change one type of equipament for another if they have all appropriate materials (for exemple "15k Black Ice, Remodaz Eye and Yeti Leather for change an epic ILV 110 Belt for an Black Ice Belt" or "10x Rare Metal, 50x Rare Solvent and 5x Ultra Rare Aqua for change an Ring+4 for an Ring+5), and can craft too more artifacs equipament (Owlbear Leather Belt of Intelligence, Twined Rope of Dexterity, Sash of Charisma, Owbear Cloak maybe, Twined weapons maybe, etc). "
    "In Masterwork, players can be craft advanced (no lore / boss) artifacs and artifacs equipaments, and craft / change (no Relics) ILV130 equipaments (for exemple: "99x Periods, 3 Blood Ruby, 3 Rare Masterwork Metal, 3 Aqua Fortis to craft an blue /purple Lantern of Revelation" or "change an Old Castle of Never Equipament for an usable Restored Equipament" of "use Old Castle of Never Equipament as component to craft artifacs equipament" or "change an Dragonflight / Lionsmane gear for another Dragonflight / Lionsmane gear").

All itens make on this (except changed >+4 Rings and stronghold itens and legendary itens) can be selable in AH.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I had originally looked forward to being able to craft myself a new set of armors, but as things are, that would be pretty pointless, considering the quality of the items sold by the Mysterious Merchant for nothing more than guild marks. Why spend millions of AD making something that is inferior to equipment you can simply buy?

The mysterious merchant can sell armor and weapon ?
    I tought he would only sell components to mastercraft...

I wish i was in home and had game access to take a look on those, can you link me any forum post about it
    (even if you cant tks in advance)

• Options
    edited April 2017
    rafaelda said:

Uh, no...he does not sell anything mastercraft-related - just armour pieces and Great Hall ornaments.

Example:

As for the armours, they change regularly, but the two items above are:

• Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    adinosii said:

rafaelda said:

Uh, no...he does not sell anything mastercraft-related - just armour pieces and Great Hall ornaments.

Example:

As for the armours, they change regularly, but the two items above are:

Tks man !!!
  • Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    So where can one find this elusive Mysterious Merchant? Or is that in the upcoming changes please?
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

So where can one find this elusive Mysterious Merchant? Or is that in the upcoming changes please?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10469413-developer-blog:-stronghold-structures

last part of the writeup.

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    For those curious about the merchant, here are two more items it might sell:

The Mysterious Merchant is not cheap to summon, though -if I remember correctly, the main cost is 60.000 Gem resources.

• Options
    callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    adinosii said:

For those curious about the merchant, here are two more items it might sell:

The Mysterious Merchant is not cheap to summon, though -if I remember correctly, the main cost is 60.000 Gem resources.

Yes but aren't the item levels on these items mentally good?

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Yes but aren't the item levels on these items mentally good?

Keep in mind that the item level on any piece of equipment you can own now will be multiplied by 3 under the new system.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia