test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cloaked Ascendancy Owlbear Patch Notes: NW.75.20170306d.9

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
This build is on the Owlbear test shard.

Release Notes

Combat and Powers
Boons
  • Stronghold Boons: Treasure Hunter now properly activates the "double Masterwork Profession resources" effect at Explorer's Guild Rank 6, increased from Rank 2.

User Interface
Sword Coast Chronicle
  • Heroic Feats of Heroism now properly display in the Portobello's Game campaign. (This was hotfixed, and is now integrated into the build.)

Performance and Stability
General
  • An attempt at addressing a client crash in the graphics / lighting system has been made. This crash had an ID of: 102628068

Update on some high-priority reports
Uncommon quality Watler Companion doesn't give bonus Accreditation
  • A fix has been made internally, and we're about to begin the testing process.
Getting locked out of River District dig sites for longer than one hour
  • An attempted fix has been made internally, though reproducing this issue has been difficult. We're about to begin the testing process.
Heroic Encounters stall in the Reinforcement phase
  • Our QA team has been testing this, and has narrowed in on a semi-consistent repro case. We hope this information should be sufficient to allow our design team to address the issue.
Shift-clicking Arcanic Focus in the Loot UI does not add it to the inventory.
Loot from end-of-instance chests in River District dig sites is not granted if others interact.
  • Our QA team is still attempting to reproduce this, but has not yet succeeded. More information would be appreciated!
  • EDIT 4/6: We found repro steps internally, it is indeed an issue with multiple players interacting for loot, rather than shift-clicking in party chat (which would show those symptoms if someone in party got impatient and decided to loot for themselves).
  • Until we get a fix in, I strongly recommend going with the current community etiquette in these dig sites and making sure only one person is looting at a time.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @ontheleftcoast#2086 Not sure if the recent edit helps, but tagging you in here for the update.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ontheleftcoast#2086 ontheleftcoast Member Posts: 120 Arc User

@ontheleftcoast#2086 Not sure if the recent edit helps, but tagging you in here for the update.

Thank you for tagging me, I was able to use this information and can confirm it does work. Getting players to go one-at-a-time takes some doing but they will for Arcanic Focus. Any ETA on a fix?
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @terramak this issue has been a little faded out but it's imo one of the most important in the game, guardian fighter protector brench cap feat not reducing the 20% damage on the opponent but only 5%, specially now with loadouts coming out.
    also not so important but not redundant as well:
    The artifact class features on HR blade storm and aspect of the pack are not working.

• Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    The artifact class feature for aspect of the pack only works if you put 3 points or less into the power. Once you increase the power to 4 points, the artifact offhand doesn't work.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    The Arcanic Focus (really, all end of dig site loot) issue is assigned to a team member, but hasn't yet been resolved. I'd love to get a fix out very soon, but I can't guarantee it.

Iron Guard feat's lack of stacking effect is filed internally thanks to the reports of folks here. Sadly, no ETA on a fix.
    Blade Storm and Aspect of the Pack: These aren't yet filed internally, thanks for bringing them up. I'll make sure they get written up early next week, but I can't give an ETA on a fix there.
  • Options
    terramak said:

The Arcanic Focus (really, all end of dig site loot) issue is assigned to a team member, but hasn't yet been resolved. I'd love to get a fix out very soon, but I can't guarantee it.

Iron Guard feat's lack of stacking effect is filed internally thanks to the reports of folks here. Sadly, no ETA on a fix.
    Blade Storm and Aspect of the Pack: These aren't yet filed internally, thanks for bringing them up. I'll make sure they get written up early next week, but I can't give an ETA on a fix there.

Tank you! About class features, i mentioned this in HR rework and more recently DC, some of them are set to a stat that stat being 150 points only, is there any secret behind this and i need to keep looking for it or they just never where scaled?

• Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @terramak "Iron Guard feat's lack of stacking effect is filed internally thanks to the reports of folks here. Sadly, no ETA on a fix."
    Thank you for responding to this repeated query.
    Follow-up question... please explain the priority ranking process that resulted in a buff to GF Supremacy of Steel (least used of all GF dailies) granted higher priority to the only reason to play a Protector: a working, stacking Iron Guard?
    And, as @treesclimber said, Loadouts will make the already weak Protector class completely irrelevant without the Iron Guard stacking. Thanks for your responses and effort.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    galaxy1045galaxy1045 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Aaaan another week without fixing the MH/OH refining problem.

Refining OH/MH is still a known issue since DECEMBER.
    Would you, @terramak , care to fix this or is this a "don't care" issue as it only costs players more RP which they should buy from the ZEN store?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1226185/offhand-rp-bonus
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1229858/op-refining-off-hand-giving-only-1-8kk-rp
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1229775/umm-i-thought-off-hands-were-always-double-refinement

• Options
    My vision on the forums is admittedly rather limited and inconsistent - there are only so many issues I (and other team members) can see and notice, and it widely varies depending on how heads-down I am on other tasks. As a result, this is my first time (to my memory) hearing about the "OH / MH refining problem."

"Always Double Refinement" ignores 2x RP weekends, so that hopefully the timing shouldn't be a concern. The folks in those threads have a good hypothesis in the idea that it's a categorization issue, the off-hands having a "Weapon" tag instead of an "Off-hand" tag.

I don't envision this being fixed rapidly, unfortunately, but I'll make sure it gets in the system and we'll see.

From some time spent reading the threads, here's what I could piece together, but it was difficult getting direct data from the reports. Which of these sounds most accurate to you?
    • When refining any Off-Hand Artifact Weapon into any other Off-Hand Artifact Weapon, the same-slot bonus is not added to the refinement total.
    • When refining Demogorgon / Twisted Off-Hand Artifact Weapons into any other Off-Hand Artifact Weapon, the same-slot bonus is not added to the refinement total.
    • When refining any Off-Hand Artifact Weapon into any Off-Hand Artifact Weapon from Sea of Moving Ice or later, the same-slot bonus is not added to the refinement total.
    I'll make sure folks investigate this regardless, but it'd be good to know where to look first.
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    terramak said:

My vision on the forums is admittedly rather limited and inconsistent - there are only so many issues I (and other team members) can see and notice, and it widely varies depending on how heads-down I am on other tasks.

I am going use that statement as an opportunity to point out a bug found in the mirage weapons. It could be quite serious. It obviously destroys feytouched+mirage, but also could make lightning+mirage BiS (purely speculation) for some classes.

EDIT - https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229906/mirage-weapons-bug
    helps if you actually paste the link into your comment (facepalm)

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    edited April 2017

On Another Note, there is a lot of controversy about your new version of stronghold weapons, mostly because your putting the weapons and offhands in the profession system, I for one think that you would be better off putting the weapons in the stronghold vendor like the older model weapons except for higher cost of course, you do have to realize not everyone in this game can afford to spend 10s of millions of ad on your profession system for weapons that will be outdated within 6months or less, so they need to be easier to obtain, also if you do put them in the profession system they need to be Sellable on auction house, not bind to account or bind on pickup, this would be more of a FAIR solution instead of sticking the shaft to everyone with the profession system again for the third or 4th time now in a row, Stop using the SAME FORMAT!!!

The binding was confirmed as a bug and mastercrafters will be able to sell them.

Moderator edited out mild flame-bait.

Post edited by kreatyve on

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited April 2017
    terramak said:

My vision on the forums is admittedly rather limited and inconsistent - there are only so many issues I (and other team members) can see and notice

I have a question that isn't really a bug report and maybe needs to be flipped to the art department. Much of the new equipment that rolled out with the key changes was altered in appearance with the Cloaked Ascendancy (thus my memory is refreshed by the console players just seeing it for the first time). Anything below the waist was removed (basically? skirts and whatever else) and all the items which came with a built-in sleeve lost those. Was this intentional?

As players have appreciated the bits that were removed, the switch was often viewed with disappointment. On the other hand, for anyone who has built a look around the new skirtless, sleeveless appearances would probably not be thrilled to have them changed back.

Long-term, it would be really cool to have show/hide options for armor "parts" available to us, if that's what's going on with these changes behind the scenes.

Items like the Historian's Regalia are not going to look very good with the permitted bracers from most classes except wizards, so having sleeves attached, which disabled the appearance of whatever bracers you had, made sense.

On a somewhat related note, anything templated off Drizzt's cloak can show up either with or without a hood attached and I have absolutely no idea how this works. I sort of thought dyeing the item might made the hood vanish but have seen screenshots where this doesn't seem to be the case.

And cloaks being hidden while mounted still blows.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited April 2017
    terramak said:

My vision on the forums is admittedly rather limited and inconsistent - there are only so many issues I (and other team members) can see and notice, and it widely varies depending on how heads-down I am on other tasks. As a result, this is my first time (to my memory) hearing about the "OH / MH refining problem."

"Always Double Refinement" ignores 2x RP weekends, so that hopefully the timing shouldn't be a concern. The folks in those threads have a good hypothesis in the idea that it's a categorization issue, the off-hands having a "Weapon" tag instead of an "Off-hand" tag.

I don't envision this being fixed rapidly, unfortunately, but I'll make sure it gets in the system and we'll see.

From some time spent reading the threads, here's what I could piece together, but it was difficult getting direct data from the reports. Which of these sounds most accurate to you?

• When refining any Off-Hand Artifact Weapon into any other Off-Hand Artifact Weapon, the same-slot bonus is not added to the refinement total.
    • When refining Demogorgon / Twisted Off-Hand Artifact Weapons into any other Off-Hand Artifact Weapon, the same-slot bonus is not added to the refinement total.
    • When refining any Off-Hand Artifact Weapon into any Off-Hand Artifact Weapon from Sea of Moving Ice or later, the same-slot bonus is not added to the refinement total.
    I'll make sure folks investigate this regardless, but it'd be good to know where to look first.
    None, i gave my twisted set into my mirage set and got 4X in both off-hand and main hand and the main hand was refining half when put in the off hand as refinement. So basically all working fine except that they were taken as 2X RP out of a 2XRP event or any indication on the mirage set as being always double refinement.

EDIT: ^ GWF ^
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• Options
    Probably best to specify classes that appear to be working correctly for off-hand 2x refinement vs. not. Some are not working.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

"Always Double Refinement" ignores 2x RP weekends, lol well this is wrong too because I have refined weapons on a 2x RP weekend and behold 8x refine happened

You probably crit. My understanding is that crits can happen with weapons, but very rarely. If you actually saw an "8X" indicator float up when doing it, that would be a bug.

In regards to the person asking an priority of bugs, they have stated before that they prioritize things in some cases simply by figuring out what gives them the best bang for their time. if they can fix 5 little bugs for sure, that trumps in some cases 1 big bug they might be able to get fixed. With the amount of turnover and how much programmers love messing with other peoples code (not), I can imagine its rough.

I still think a better test server process in general could be implemented. You have the players available that will test these things, so long as you take into account that they don't want to have to spend hours grinding things that are known to work, just to get to things to test (IE Masterwork, guild halls, instances, etc). That, and give people more than a few days,.
  • Options
    The UI shows 8x, but you don't actually get 8x RP. I had mentally dismissed that one as a display bug. If you actually received an 8x multiplier, then you would always get a legendary item back from using a matching legendary during 2xRP, and you don't. Therefore, it's only a display bug, because of math.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    terramak said:

If I insert my oathkeeper MH into my oathkeeper OH I get 4x the value of the MH. (2x RP from always RP, 2x from matching typ - this leads to the assumption that the oathkeepr OH and some other OH are tagged as MH)
    If I insert my twisted OH (probably an other OH as well) into my oathkeeper OH I get 2x value (from 2xRP for weapon, but no 2xRP for matching type)
    the 2xRP weekend might not help as the 2xRP bonus (weapon) is already active. We are missing the "matching type" bonus as some relic OH "weapons" (shields, talisman) are labeled as MH.

the picture in the 1st post shows it in a very nice way:
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1229775/umm-i-thought-off-hands-were-always-double-refinement

the numbers (3.7kk, 1.8kk) should be the other way round. It also apears that the regular "2xRP" is already active, else we would only see 900k RP.

* When refining Demogorgon / Twisted Off-Hand Artifact Weapons into any other Off-Hand Artifact Weapon, the same-slot bonus is not added to the refinement total.

not always true, GWF twisted sword knot did yield 3.7kk into abolethic OH.

* When refining any Off-Hand Artifact Weapon into any Off-Hand Artifact Weapon from Sea of Moving Ice or later, the same-slot bonus is not added to the refinement total.

This one wins IMO, but I have rather limited data. I guess, but can not be sure, that it is not true for all classes.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
This discussion has been closed.