What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

@rgutscheradev the dev posted underdark +5 rings drop rate increased 10x

2»

Comments

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I did quite some farming with friends after the key changes. While in the beginning it was quite lucrative, now I go for the RAD and everything else is so rare, that you cant count on it. IMO there has been an decrease in droprates.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    I might be teared and feathered for saying this,
    but I think most drop rates did stay the same since keygate.
    Leg. marks in mSVA seem reasonable. Not good, but reasonable.
    Gathering the 30 leg marks certainly today is much more expensive than before. I think these changes did prevail.
    There are new items since the patch (The Blackthorn, Jarl's Gaze, etc.) which drop. You can see one in at least every second run, even most of the time it's not into my bag.

Not so the +5 rings. In the first week I saw one legendary ring drop in nearly every edemo run. Every fourth run or so even two legendary rings.
    But today, they are back to every 5th to 7th edemo run there is one legendary ring.

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Nothing got reverted. The drop rates should still be at the new (10x higher) rate unless there's a bug.

Are other people seeing this? That is, did other people see the rate go up, and then go down again?

Keep in mind that these are very small numbers, and so it's hard to get good probability estimates from casual observation. Which is why I'm definitely interested to know if other people have seen the same thing (so that there's more data).

I've gotten barely any +5 rings. I got 1 +5 ring the week of key changes grinding Throne of the dwarven gods. Nothing at all since.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Nothing got reverted. The drop rates should still be at the new (10x higher) rate unless there's a bug.

@rgutscheradev
    I have to believe you that the changes have not been reverted - as in actively changing the values back to the state they were in the first place.
    Nevertheless, they might have been "adjusted" or "adapted" to give us a better playing experience (like more incentive to play and buy keys for the dungeon chests)

Also, it would not be the first time in the history of Cryptic that changes were accidentally undone by one of the following patches.
    You do have a history of bringing "features" back to the game over time.
    How many time have you fixed the doors in CN, or "fixed" the PoM skirmish?

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Not so the +5 rings. In the first week I saw one legendary ring drop in nearly every edemo run. Every fourth run or so even two legendary rings.
    But today, they are back to every 5th to 7th edemo run there is one legendary ring.

I agree with this 100%! In total I've pulled 5 +5 rings since release. 4 before the changes and 1 after them. The 1 after the changes was my FIRST run after them. Since then I've done over 100 demos with no more rings. Not sure I've pulled any +4s in those either... Also 4 of my 5 +5 rings are pvp rings for a pve player so they sit in the bank.

Last night we did 5 edemos and 3 ndemos in a row. 1 guy pulled a + 5 ring. That's 80 chances for a ring and it was on the final run he pulled it. My self, I pulled nothing more than +1 & +2s.

Those 80 chances may not seem like a lot, but factor in how many times we've all run that raid since our last good drop and you start to see some significant time spent in that raid. You want to reward us for playing the game so please do!! Set a ceiling on the drop rate so after so many runs we are guaranteed a +5! If you pull one sooner than the ceiling reset the counter...
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    @urabask

It's not anecdotal if real testing was done. 6 hour farms, daily, since the drop rate change. Same skirmish, pulled roughly 5 Energon Companions per hour (as well as artifacts, companions, and mounts but for the sake of recording the frequency of drops I'm using the Energon only as a measuring stick). This went on until the following patch that lowered the cost of Legendary keys in the Zen store. THAT WAS THE EXACT MOMENT THE ROLL BACK HAPPENED TO DROP RATE.. NOT THE LOOT TABLE. The loot table update is still there. Mounts, companions, artifacts are still in the loot table, however the drop rates on these items have absolutely been dialed back. Way too many people noticed it and all agree on the exact moment it happened. Underdark rings, Greater SKT rings, relic gear, and Superior Marks were the most noticeable items effected by it. This isn't the first post where this has been discussed.
  • Options
    saeri#0665 saeri Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    The loot chat/announcement is currently broken and/or inconsistent on Xbox. It worked the first 1-2 weeks after they key change. High value loot (or anything) have not been showing despite some remarkable drops for some players. We only find out about it when players link it on Group/Zone/Say chat or when we are on voice chat with guildies. This could be factoring in to player's assumptions that the loot drop chances have changed.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    nickjdowe said:

@urabask

It's not anecdotal if real testing was done. 6 hour farms, daily, since the drop rate change. Same skirmish, pulled roughly 5 Energon Companions per hour (as well as artifacts, companions, and mounts but for the sake of recording the frequency of drops I'm using the Energon only as a measuring stick). This went on until the following patch that lowered the cost of Legendary keys in the Zen store. THAT WAS THE EXACT MOMENT THE ROLL BACK HAPPENED TO DROP RATE.. NOT THE LOOT TABLE. The loot table update is still there. Mounts, companions, artifacts are still in the loot table, however the drop rates on these items have absolutely been dialed back. Way too many people noticed it and all agree on the exact moment it happened. Underdark rings, Greater SKT rings, relic gear, and Superior Marks were the most noticeable items effected by it. This isn't the first post where this has been discussed.

This is why it'll remain anecdotal evidence. The drop rate for superior marks never had an announced change until mod 11. You're basically trying to say that the devs increased the drop rate (and never announced it) then nerfed it then increased it again.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    If it makes you feel better, take SMs out of the discussion and the rest still holds true. And no I'm not saying they went up, then down, then back up... The drop rates went down and never came back up.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    nickjdowe said:

If it makes you feel better, take SMs out of the discussion and the rest still holds true. And no I'm not saying they went up, then down, then back up... The drop rates went down and never came back up.

If it makes you feel better in the post you responded to I admitted as much but you were too busy to read that.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    @RGUTSCHERADEV Any word on if this is being looked at/has been fixed?
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    @rgutscheradev

I have noticed another change with this. Was something adjusted or fixed? I'm now seeing proper rewards dropping for myself and other members of the run. After a year and thousands of runs I pulled a Brutality +5 today and the same run a guildy pulled another +5.

We did 3 runs, those 2 +5 rings dropped however other rewards dropped as well which is something that I haven't seen happen in a few weeks or more!

This is how things were when this change went live. It was much more common to see drops of rings and other items. It stopped and just since this post seems to have come around.

For testing purposes I have been hosting guild and alliance edemo runs because if something drops it'll get shared with the group as to who got what. In a pug run you never know unless the reward notify is working correctly.

I understand that it's all RNG based but something WASN'T right...
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    The thruth is i've ran over 30 demogorgons for either a impenetrability +4 or +5 and all i've seen was a +3 and no +5 of any kind, a trade store would be awesome.

• Options
    The number of Legendary keys I've spent on the second chest in CN just to get a +1 ring was enough to make me stop running that dungeon altogether. The temptation is too great and the reward is so bad. When I have a Greater Demonic I'll run it once if my friends force me to, and I'll pull another +1. It's that bad. Though I have pulled a few Starry Panthers from the epic chest.
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    This is what drives a wedge between the players and cryptic, we get half an answer, our ears perk up thinking we're going to get resolution, and then radio silence again for weeks with no answers.