What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

BIS Weapon Enchanment for HR

2»

Comments

• Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    did anyone actually try trans light in pve?
    i heard some combat hr can do a lot of damage with it.
    i only tested it vs dummies
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    spend a lot of time with it on Preview runs great vs mobs I think with PG fix it might be top for Combat I really like the vorpal for boss fight. with preview I have orange relic weapons and orcus set and lightning preforms well in Spell Plagued but the boss fights vorpal still is king on combat
  • Options
    wizardlvl80#5963 wizardlvl80 Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I saw a dude yesterday, trapper with Bilethorn enchantment he did pretty decent damage but I'm sticking with my trans dread. Still seems to be BiS for trapper.
  • Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    I use a dread and Im a trapper.
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User

I use a dread and Im a trapper.

Me too :)

It is one of the only Enchants to actually improve things like Thorned Roots.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    for combat vorpal then dread but dread all the way with trapper
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    I am back to PvE since PvP is dead. I agree, the extra crit severity trumps the weapon enchant damage offered. Vorp/Dread are our primary enchants.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    masterclown61masterclown61 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    Hey guys,

Since we have only 1.1k weapon damage at maximum and again since we dont have multiproccers, it is not good to use changed enchants. I myself tried t.plague with my sw combat, which also procs blade storm even if it is low damage, the best place it performed was a boss battle where it was 7% of my overall damage. The downside of that enchant is, when someone else having it, ur debuff will just have no effect and the effectiveness of the enchant will lose against vorpal/dread.

T. Terror also procs blade storm but only deals non 0 damage when u stick to ur enemies, a.k.a boss fights, but the debuff is under capped debuffs list which makes it a questionable enchant.
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    PVE, Dread for trapper, vorpal for combat, and fey for PVP, or u can use dread or vorpal there too, if youre min/maxing then ask someone for ACTs and stat distribution.
  • Options
    david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    hi guys,
    can someone tell me if for combat, new weapon enchants proccs can activate flurry?

i have read above weapon enchants procscan crit now, is that 100% confirmed?

im thinking in flaming and terror, well lightning too
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @david2060 Flurry is activated upon encounter use, weapon enchantments shouldn't play any part in its activation.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    david#2060 david Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    dmcewen said:

@david2060 Flurry is activated upon encounter use, weapon enchantments shouldn't play any part in its activation.

sorry guys was typing from my smartphone in a hurry , I asked just the opposite (lol).

My concern is if flurry proccs make weapon enchant proc back (im thinking in flaming, terror, lightning...)

Ty dmcewen for your fast reply
  • Options
    Something is multi proc'ing the lightning. After playing around with a hybrid build and boons yesterday, went back to full trapper but with a few different boons than I normally run and while standing idle the chaining was active also my companion seemed to assist. I noticed the same effect during my AD farm last night, figured I was not alone running the lightning, but I was.

I will look at my set up later after work.
  • Options
    baggdaudibaggdaudi Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I'm full trapper. Used a trans lightning and it does good AOE but is horrible in boss fights. Dread is better all around. The only way I see other weapon enchants work is If your specced into skirmishers gambit (because of diminishing returns on crit severity) and your the only dps getting buffed to 150k+ power by 2 DCs and a pally. Then Maybe other weapon enchants have a chance to outweigh dread in dps.
  • Options
    Quite aware of the influence of a Dread, but presently I am only off my normal dps numbers by roughly 10-20 mil. Let me point out, I am not running a PvE build, don't have r12 (two r10 and a r9) Bonding, and pugging. If I chase down Viv gear I'm sure I could raise my PvE dps bar but I am PvP minded. 160-210 mil in ETOS is common when I was spec'd PvE.

The Lightning is not on par when tackling a single boss, but not off by much. It works on the Spider boss because of the adds that cycle in, should easily be able to do 40-60 mil. One more thing, I am not using AotS.

The point of my earlier post was multi-proc'ing the Lightning, it should not be... I signed on last night but did not investigate. Went to bed early.