test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Campaign completion tokens should be changed!

thatguy321654987thatguy321654987 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
Campaign completion tokens are great. I really want to buy them for my Alt's. But here is the problem, they are for a single character only. Which means my 3 or 4 alts that i play, would either have to grind or buy to complete the campaigns. Basically the way it is now i would need to waste a large amount of money, or a large amount of time to unlock these boons for all my characters. And while it's fun to play other toons in neverwinter, i would rather spend the bulk of my time improving my main rather than unlocking boons.

Here is what i propose. Make it like mounts.

Once a campaign is completed on a character, a new service is unlocked that can be purchased. This new service will complete that campaign for all your toons. This way it gives incentive for new players to complete campaigns, and rewards older players who have already put in the time to finish their campaigns. This will also improve sales for these services as this will greatly increase their value.

Or, just lock them until a character has completed a campaign, and reduce their price to 300 or something. Because come on, i play 4 characters. So if i wanted to unlock all the boons for my 3 alts, i would have to spend 40x4 x 3= ha $480 just for unlocking boons. Now say i played more than 4 characters. + the grind to gear them up = no thank you. I don't mind spending a one time fee of $40 to end some grind. The game is fun. It is worth that money. Just make it so, and it is yours. But having to buy or grind for something, over and over is not fun and = will not do. IN that case, i will just keep doing what im doing, playing my main and only use my Alts for AD collection.

Comments

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I refuse to buy unlocks unless they are account wide. I made a post on this last year.
  • Options
    xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    I like the idea alot. I would love to see a modest fee to unlock campaigns for alts once one character has finished it and a huge fee (like the 40 it is now) be just for people that have money to burn and want to skip a campaign. They have to do somethigng. Sadly, with every mod, I am forced to reduce the playtime on my alts. not because I dont enjoy them but because the amount of time needed to obtain all boons is intimidating (especially full tiamat boons) on one toon let alone for someone like me who has one of each class.

Please @mimicking#6533 help make neverwinter Alt friendly again.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    some are unfair for some alts i have. i tried to get "tiamat" unlockable for my main, since he is still on last 2 boons, and able to get unlockables for my alts since none of them did main questline in WoD, just barely enough to unlock prison, so, my main wont get Tyranny as unlocked.
    seem it like those devs want players to give up in frustrations.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    While I agree, I doubt that would ever happen. You're talking about taking $$ out of their pocket. I don't foresee them ever doing something like that unless the game population shrinks to alarming levels.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I can't imagine someone spending $50 for each of their alts to unlock, say, Dread Ring. I have 3 alts. That would be $150 for just ONE campaign--that I've already completed. No thank you.
  • Options
    nnrudsernnrudser Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Why not just play the game? If you are impatient, or only want end game content without the time sink, then you have to pay for it. I don't see a problem with that.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Frankly, most of them aren't worth it because the way the game is designed now, the older campaigns can be completed with very little actual time invested, and you gain a lot from playing through instead of skipping it. Thaum stones from Sharandar, marks and other RP from DR, equipment/salvage from Underdark. IWD has less to offer but can be finished off really casually. Only ditching the Linu grind for ToD is remotely tempting (but unavailable if you've done everything leading up to it).

But I also won't buy them because $40 for one campaign for one character is ludicrous. Unfortunately, players do buy them at the current price point and structure (see all threads re: "which campaign completion should I buy if only getting one?"), so Cryptic is unlikely to change them further than the price reduction that already took place.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,220 Arc User
    The tough one (WoD, SoMI) you can't buy. The easy one (Dread Ring, Sharandar) is not worth to buy.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

The tough one (WoD, SoMI) you can't buy. The easy one (Dread Ring, Sharandar) is not worth to buy.

You can buy a WoD campaign completion. That's the ToD one.

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    They wouldn't release for SKT until another 2 mods or so anyway.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    thatguy321654987thatguy321654987 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 39 Arc User
    nnrudser said:

Why not just play the game? If you are impatient, or only want end game content without the time sink, then you have to pay for it. I don't see a problem with that.

The problem is that it's too expensive to pay for these unlocks. I do play the game. On my main character. But i also have alts that need boons. Who has enough time to complete each campaign over and over for alts? I can't do it, it would take hundreds of hours of grind, months of hard work. That is not fun. This is a game, not a job. It's too expensive to pay for each alt. I would feel more inclined to purchase these unlocks, if i knew that it would be for account wide and i bet other players would too.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I run my main. After that, if I have time and inclination, I do on my alts.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    nnrudsernnrudser Member Posts: 14 Arc User

nnrudser said:

The problem is that it's too expensive to pay for these unlocks. I do play the game. On my main character. But i also have alts that need boons. Who has enough time to complete each campaign over and over for alts? I can't do it, it would take hundreds of hours of grind, months of hard work. That is not fun. This is a game, not a job. It's too expensive to pay for each alt. I would feel more inclined to purchase these unlocks, if i knew that it would be for account wide and i bet other players would too.
    You missed the point of my post. I have 9 characters. I'm planning on running at least 8 through all of the content I can. I don't mind playing Sharandar that many times. I accept that if I want the rewards I will either have to play with each character or purchase it on each character.

You sound like you'd buy a level 70 character because you don't want to "grind". What is the point of playing the game if you don't have time to play the game?

To reiterate my point in case you missed it again. IF you want to skip content you HAVE to PAY for it ON EACH CHARACTER! That is the price you pay for not having to play the game.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    People don't want to buy campaigns to skip content (for the most part). They want to buy campaigns so that they can skip content they have already played, so they can play the end game (what most people strive to get to) with a different class/character. There is a difference.

People want to play content, but unfortunately, content here means repeating the same thing day after day after day after day....doing this on a single toon is annoying. Doing it on 3-4 toon s is akin to torture. Any more than that and I'd say you need to see a doctor ;)

That said, tons of ideas have been expressed about this, so I'm not going to bother rehashing it.
  • Options
    gush331gush331 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'd be happy if you've already completed a campaign once, your alts should have the time gated elements removed in all but the latest 2 campaigns. Getting 20 completed tasks (first 5 than 15) in the Maze Engine (for example), should not longer take 20 days - if you've already completed the campaign.

But yes, as the post above me mentioned, so many ideas, from so many players have been expressed over and over and over (kinda like the daily grind :smile:
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    genies are dropping like flies to me on daily vip lockbox key XD