test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [3/9]

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Neverwinter on PC will undergo maintenance tomorrow 3/9 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours for a server restart and an issue fix.

Comments

• Options
    therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    That's how I like to see the maintenance message. :-) Can you perhaps disclose the nature of the issue fix? You know that we all are hoping for a fix for the Arcane Focus...

And a request to make the maintenance perfect: in the announcement for the last live stream you added a link "What time is this for you?". It would be very, very nice if you added it for every (future) maintenance announcement thread as well. Thank you very much.
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    The issue cant be mentioned since its an exploit and they dont want to advertise it.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

That's how I like to see the maintenance message. :-) Can you perhaps disclose the nature of the issue fix? You know that we all are hoping for a fix for the Arcane Focus...

I am very much afraid that they do not consider this an issue that needs fixing. When M11 first went on preview, the Arcanic Focus requirements were much lower and it took people only 2 weeks of very intensive playing to get everything they needed for restoration.

This caused screams of outrage from players who felt that as they had "worked hard" for their Relic weapons, everyone else who wanted weapons that were almost as good should have to to suffer through extensive grinding as well.

So, the requirements were raised from 25 to 85, and (possibly) a limit of 3/day was put in place.

Obviously such a limit would be bad news for anyone who misses a day, or those who almost only play on weekends (even if they put in the same total effort long-term as someone who plays every day), and if you are in that group, then...well, sorry, it sucks to be you.

On the positive side, the has allowed me to deduce the "secret" company position on the Arcanic Focus issue. (Originally posted in the Preview section - just repeated here).

"The Arcanic Focus requirements and drop rate are working as intended. We want to ensure that the average player needs to spend all his playing time for 8 weeks to grind for this resource, long after he has everything else he needs to restore the weapons. This is in accordance with our policy of discouraging players from playing multiple alts, as multiple active alts would just encourage people to spend money in the game to gear those alts up and making money is completely against our corporate policy. We also want to reduce our player numbers a bit and do what we can to make sure that people do not recommend the game to anyone. Our research has shown that extensive, boring grinding is a good way to accomplish that goal."

I will be happy to be proven wrong, of course...but this is what the total silence on this issue is suggesting.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @magenubbie Since you had trouble finding this, I'll tag you in it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    not even any ingame messages saying the servers were going down in x minutes. I saw several people questioning if it was even happening this week.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    b0rkch0pb0rkch0p Member Posts: 383 Arc User

not even any ingame messages saying the servers were going down in x minutes. I saw several people questioning if it was even happening this week.

I clicked refine on a Rank 9 azure.. when BOOM.. I yelled "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" lol.. Guess I'll wait 2 (well we all know it could be 4hrs) till I know the outcome
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Generally these get ignored because people don't pay attention to the lockbox spam, but I'm getting Julia to look into it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    bacchus#3827 bacchus Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    First I knew of this, I was in fiery pit and poof, game gone...then when I tried to log back in I saw the tiny red writing saying there's maintenance today
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited March 2017

First I knew of this, I was in fiery pit and poof, game gone...then when I tried to log back in I saw the tiny red writing saying there's maintenance today

There's maintenance every Thursday. Occasionally they switch it to Tuesday but that's mostly for mod launches etc.
    kreatyve said:

Generally these get ignored because people don't pay attention to the lockbox spam, but I'm getting Julia to look into it.
    This isn't true. We had people in guild/alliance chat wondering if maintenance was happening.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    kreatyve said:

a lot of people also generally don't ignore them though, and they were the ones who were asking. I'm also one of the ones who don't.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • Options
    damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Is it not a good time to mention that we could do without this nonsensical spam and get actual important admin messasges in REd may be?
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

kreatyve said:

Is it not a good time to mention that we could do without this nonsensical spam and get actual important admin messasges in REd may be?
    I had already forwarded that feedback, lol. Cause I totally agree. But I do believe that there was some sort of mixup this morning, with the number of people commenting that there wasn't a message, I believe that there wasn't one.
    Let me fourth, fifth or whatever number it'd be that there wasn't one. I was paying attention because I'm in Europe and used to the time on the launcher being incorrect and having to watch for the announcement in game instead. I had just been running through Barrow Demolition - which I thankfully managed to finish despite the annoyingly persistent bug - and got out into Ebon Downs again, when it went down. Due to the often messed up times on the launcher I was watching for those messages to see if it was now, or in an hour that maintenance would begin.
    So I can say with some certainty that they were never there.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    Well, we certainly hit the mother-load of lag last night.