test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2x Enchants & Runes Weekend

p3zzl3p3zzl3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
I believe this is happening on PC this week/end.

Can someone clarify what it exactly is, what it effects and what I should be trying to achieve with this based on the 2xRP coming up in a month?

I've got a couple of cache's that drop Marks, Refining stones and Blood Diamonds - would these therefore drop double this week?

Also, does this therefore apply to the Wardens insignia bonus and Dragon Hoard Enchantment drops as well?

Cheers
Pez

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    It says "Enchantments and runestones" - that's all that will double, not restoration materials like marks and refining stones.

I think there is one exception though - boxes that have a chance of dropping a Bonding Runestone will still just drop one, not two.

Basically, you will get double the number of enchantments and runestones from things like Stronghold HEs, from random drops or from opening boxes that contain them.

I have been collecting such boxes since the last event of this kind - have close to a thousand in my inventory. This includes the enchanted coffer made by Leadership profession. The marks it drops will not double, but the enchantments and runestones will.

This also includes Abandoned Gear and Spoils of War, dropped by the Quartermaster Enchantment - each one can contain a Rank 7 Enchantment or runestone, and doubling their numbers can be quite significant.

There are also some packs that drop from Lockboxes that may contain enchantments....if they do, just keep them and wait for the 2x event.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • p3zzl3p3zzl3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Hmmm, so worth looking in to the Feywild enchants then.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Ah, sorry.... forgot that.... campaign tasks that award special enchants will still just return one ... I think.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • p3zzl3p3zzl3 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Sorry, wasn;t being clear on my side. Was refering to the enchants that increase teh % chance of a drop of a Enchant :)
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    And save up your Steward's Incentive chests to open for 2x Enchants. Because, well, it will double them.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,350 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    weapon/armour enchantment will not be double.
    Bonding runestone will not be double.
    The possibility of dropping enchantment/runestone will not be double.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Yes, Feywild Enchantment will start dropping 2 enchants instead of the normal 1 when it procs during this event
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2017

weapon/armour enchantment will not be double.
    Bonding runestone will not be double.
    The possibility of dropping enchantment/runestone will not be double.

On the subject of campaign tasks, the tasks that grant Draconic enchants double (or sometimes give one Draconic and one Black Ice). Crafting Dragon Hoard or Fey won't give two, btw.

Gigantic enchants don't double from campaign tasks.

This is because the doubling effect is told specific categories of items that are valid. For whatever reason, Demonic and Gigantic enchants are not included in those categories even though other triple-stat enchants are.

Certain other lockbox items like Tenebrous enchants also do not double if you obtain one during this event.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia