test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3 defense slot companions?

brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
edited February 2017 in The Guard Barracks
Are there any NON defender companions with three defense slots for bondings?

What I'm looking for its 3 defense slots for bondings on a companion that doesn't taunt.
Post edited by brick#6890 on

Comments

• Options
    xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Priestess of Sehanine Moonbow is a leader companion. 3 defense and has a crit chance enhancing ability.
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    fawn, lizardfolk shaman....

theres quite a few:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Companion

just hover over each name and sort by what you want.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    How well does the priestess proc bondings?

Thanks for the link grinah.

Looking at the kite shield, doesn't seem to have threat producing abilities or taunts. Do all defenders just have it, or do some not steal agro?
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Looking at the kite shield, doesn't seem to have threat producing abilities or taunts. Do all defenders just have it, or do some not steal agro?

Dancing Shield might not list its taunt but it has one.

The problem isn't going to be bondings, it's harder to find a comp that will proc mount bonuses like protector's camaraderie.

Pewter golem works for that but the bonus is bad and it doesn't have a debuff.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    xs13red said:

Priestess of Sehanine Moonbow is a leader companion. 3 defense and has a crit chance enhancing ability.

Good point.

By the way, I find it hilariously ironic that you reccomend the Seahnine Moonbow Priestess and play a SW on XBone...
    urabask said:

Dancing Shield might not list its taunt but it has one.

The problem isn't going to be bondings, it's harder to find a comp that will proc mount bonuses like protector's camaraderie.

Pewter golem works for that but the bonus is bad and it doesn't have a debuff.
    Aye, the Golem is pretty good.

Tbh, you might not need 3 defense slots. I'm fairly certain you can get away with using the 2x defense slot comps like Rust Monster or Harper Bard, both of which do not aggro enemies.

• Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Yeah but jeez that rust monster is gross
  • Options
    xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Main is a warlock, also have TR, CW, DC, AND GF. Was looking at getting it for my GF for helping others out. My warlock is only about 50%crit playing with more power.
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    xs13red said:

Main is a warlock, also have TR, CW, DC, AND GF. Was looking at getting it for my GF for helping others out. My warlock is only about 50%crit playing with more power.

The joke was that if a SW uses TC whenever the Sehanine Moonbow is on the field, everyone dies.

• Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    https://two30.github.io/neverwinter-bonding/?1,1,0,1,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,3,3,3,0,3,3,3

two30 made a fancy tool for helping you pick bonding companions. For the link I posted, I put in presets that should sort non-defender companions with defensive slots to the top.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    xs13red said:

This companion provides a .5% increase in crit for each companion level. At level 40 that is a 20% increase to all group members within 20' of you. I currently have mine at blue for a 15% crit. She does ZERO damage from what I can tell but she does a debuff and the crit buff.

The debuff is enemies have a reduction in their chance to crit by 1% her a her level. Meaning you can reduce critical damage to your ability to take damage. She process this debuff/buff every 6 seconds and it last 6 seconds. Her other ability is she turns invisible causing confusion to enemies.

If you are a group player and are playing a support role this is the companion I recommend getting or the Harper Bard. Both are really nice for support players that want bonding companions.
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    xs13red said:

I ran her for a while, I noticed, maybe somewhat subjectively that when I ran her with Silvery 12's in Offense slots I was getting a really good crit buff but when I tried swapping them for radiants the crit buff was very noticeably iffy.

Also, not sure if it's been fixed or not, but certain SW builds interact poorly with her, causing your team to wipe or at least killing the tank. Better to ask someone who mains an SW for clarification.

As @RJC9000 mentioned the Rust Monster is a nice pet for GF, folks have tried to explain how damage mitigation isn't as attractive as it might sound using math, but my brain isn't wired to accept math input :p

However, it does have an ability that increases damage to an enemy and this ability isn't the usual 5 second buff/debuff you get with most pets, it lasts for 30 seconds.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I ran her for a while, I noticed, maybe somewhat subjectively that when I ran her with Silvery 12's in Offense slots I was getting a really good crit buff but when I tried swapping them for radiants the crit buff was very noticeably iffy.

Recovery does work on companions. Their ability tooltips are not dynamic so you'll never see them adjusting with stats, but a companion with high recovery will be able to use its long cooldown abilities more often than one without. So your experience is entirely reasonable.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    Intellect Devourer all the way. 3 defense slots and is a striker.

Bonus points if you name him Pinky.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    aaramis75 said:

Intellect Devourer all the way. 3 defense slots and is a striker.

Bonus points if you name him Pinky.

You meant Brains... :)
  • Options
    ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    leperchaun(controller) has two def slots, not what you asked for but a stand in for anybody interested that can't get their hands on one of the others, and has aoe dmg resist active power
    im actually the gwf carry