test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spellplague Caverns epic dungeon..3.1k iL requirement ????

2»

Comments

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2017

Because they are end-game dungeons. And end-game does not mean once you have the reputation or campaign requirement to unlock them, but instead when you have the "stats" for them, which is intrinsically tied to your iLvl.

Point is, there are enough dungeons for lower level players, to help in the leveling and gearing up process. So every new addition will and should be considered end-game. Having a 3.1K requirement does not mean you will be able to clear it easily anyway.

Take FBI as an example... while a team of 3.1-3.2K players can certainly finish it, it will not be a walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination..

So anyone still below 3K should be focused on farming everything they need to get their iLvl beyond the 3K point, and they've got enough ways to do so... none of which, incidentally "require" you to spend any money.

Currently there are only 2 dungeons that qualify as end-game: FBI and Svardborg. and Sva not so much... so yes... more end-game dungeons please.

I guess you missed the post the other day from a player that wants all the players q'ing for NSVA to stop that & start q'ing for MSVA... because he can't get the marks he needs.
    Well the only difference between nsva and msva is that you can't re-enter msva when you die. So the difficulty is about the same you just have to not screw up on the mechanics.

2k players have other dungeons to play and tbh at that ilvel they are going to be STRUGGLING to get thru the dungeons they have available to them still. it isn't pay to win to level up further. when I am NOT trying to run the new dungeons (because you need to wear frost gear for that) I am about 3900 ilvel with 3 r12 bondings adn a legendary pet. I've bought stuff in game before but none of it has to do iwth my ilvel. it's entirely grindable. the only thing that a player needs to accomplish what I have is the will to do so and the time.

2k players have so much HAMSTER to do besides dungeons that I don't see why it's really even that high on their list of things to do. I had my boons (aside from the last few on ToD) all done before I even bothered doing dungeons.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • thornbr1ngerthornbr1nger Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    The people who complain about how long it takes to get geared should have played finally fantasy 11. It used to takes 3-6 months just to get to maximize level. Drop rates on major gear were like legendary ring drops pre key changes. That's IF your linkshell (guild) could get the claim on a mob that only appeared once every 5-7 days with a 3 hour spawn window and took an alliance of EIGHTEEN GEARED end game toons with very specific jobs. All the while competing for claim against 3-600 people some of whom were running claim bots in dragons aeyrie. 3 party bard rotations, MP conservation, DELEVELING because when you died you LOST XP. As far as people leaving, the game only started to die when they lowered the difficulty of it and wouldn't drop PS2 support. The difficulty of it is what brought the community together.
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    urabask said:

Because they are end-game dungeons. And end-game does not mean once you have the reputation or campaign requirement to unlock them, but instead when you have the "stats" for them, which is intrinsically tied to your iLvl.

Point is, there are enough dungeons for lower level players, to help in the leveling and gearing up process. So every new addition will and should be considered end-game. Having a 3.1K requirement does not mean you will be able to clear it easily anyway.

Take FBI as an example... while a team of 3.1-3.2K players can certainly finish it, it will not be a walk in the park by any stretch of the imagination..

So anyone still below 3K should be focused on farming everything they need to get their iLvl beyond the 3K point, and they've got enough ways to do so... none of which, incidentally "require" you to spend any money.

Currently there are only 2 dungeons that qualify as end-game: FBI and Svardborg. and Sva not so much... so yes... more end-game dungeons please.

I guess you missed the post the other day from a player that wants all the players q'ing for NSVA to stop that & start q'ing for MSVA... because he can't get the marks he needs.
    Well the only difference between nsva and msva is that you can't re-enter msva when you die. So the difficulty is about the same you just have to not screw up on the mechanics.

2k players have other dungeons to play and tbh at that ilvel they are going to be STRUGGLING to get thru the dungeons they have available to them still. it isn't pay to win to level up further. when I am NOT trying to run the new dungeons (because you need to wear frost gear for that) I am about 3900 ilvel with 3 r12 bondings adn a legendary pet. I've bought stuff in game before but none of it has to do iwth my ilvel. it's entirely grindable. the only thing that a player needs to accomplish what I have is the will to do so and the time.

2k players have so much HAMSTER to do besides dungeons that I don't see why it's really even that high on their list of things to do. I had my boons (aside from the last few on ToD) all done before I even bothered doing dungeons.
    That wasn't exactly my point. Every time I go to WoD there are 6 - 7 players begging to get into a Timat run. When I first hit lvl 70 I was sooper excited to get strong enuff to get into Timat. Then I got in & gave up after 12 runs in a row scrubbed when 1/2 the instance quit after the first head. Demo managed to avoid the new mod drop off because so many players boycotted mod 10. Players decided to settle for the twisted weapons. Now mod 11 drops, & one week in we have players complaining that they can't get enuff players to run the mod 10 content to complete their progression. If the devs are going to enforce the IL limits on endgame content, there are gonna be a lot of players that can't get in before the next mod drops & the content become un-runnable.
  • thrilla#1991 thrilla Member Posts: 16 Arc User

The people who complain about how long it takes to get geared should have played finally fantasy 11. It used to takes 3-6 months just to get to maximize level. Drop rates on major gear were like legendary ring drops pre key changes. That's IF your linkshell (guild) could get the claim on a mob that only appeared once every 5-7 days with a 3 hour spawn window and took an alliance of EIGHTEEN GEARED end game toons with very specific jobs. All the while competing for claim against 3-600 people some of whom were running claim bots in dragons aeyrie. 3 party bard rotations, MP conservation, DELEVELING because when you died you LOST XP. As far as people leaving, the game only started to die when they lowered the difficulty of it and wouldn't drop PS2 support. The difficulty of it is what brought the community together.

We don't live in the early 2000s anymore, games like that and Vanilla WoW don't exist. Hardcore players and elitists are outcasts and not considered the main market at all. As soon as they distinguished themselves from the rest of the general population, the suits realized 90% of the gaming population were casuals, and they were the dominant market.

Now all publishers and developers are catering to casual players who can only put in 2 or less hours every other day. There is no way any new player who is also a casual-paying player is going to reach anywhere above 2.8k at best for at least half a year. That is way too much time to waste for anyone who's looking to just advance through content at a steady-casual rate and be able to participate in new content too.

• umarachnea#5673 umarachnea Member Posts: 126 Arc User

....Do you really expect a new casual player to be content with grinding eToS and eLoL their entire duration of stay in this game? I'm 99% sure you have no idea how hard it is for a new player to gear towards 3.1k in this game without research or guidance.

Funnily enough, your iLvl is NOT intrinsically tied to your skill as a player - where it really matters.

Why would it be the entire duration? because they are casual? There are loads of thing that can be done...

Now I appreciate you leaving that 1% out there (seriously) because I meet those criteria. I am on PS4, mostly casual, and I am still 3.6K, which I only achieved because of friends and guildies. I did the research. I asked for guidance. Sat there watching when eToS/CN/GWD etc.. were a daunting task to finish...

I know how hard it is, the struggle is real... that discussion however becomes about having ways to allow new players to the game to catch up more efficiently, and be able to access the latest end-game content.

I am also in no way suggesting that there should not be lower level versions of end-game, that provide appropriate rewards... 2.5K FBI? Sva? sure... why not? if this helps newer players improve their gear enough to access end-game... I am all for it.

The essence of the problem ultimately, is not within NW because content is locked behind iLvL (which I agree 1000000% is NOT tied to your skill, which matters most), it is within people. just people. Too many people out there (in all mmo's and walks of life) who will exhibit elitist behavior, or nit-pick, or etc....good or bad, i leave that up to the individual to decide.

Finding a good guild, willing to help and support, a group of like minded people with whom you can run, all of these go a long way towards helping you speed up the upgrade process.

From a game point of view, we need more end-game content... which typical to this game, is based on iLvL...

@wintersmoke yes, I missed that, and frankly I'm glad I did. I touched on that above though. That's about people, and a dash of other little things maybe...not gating :smirk:
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I would be fine and we'll with anyone being able to enter the dungeons.

However, since the dungeon locks up and new players can't join after so many people enter and leave.

I would rather take my chances with players that have stats than those without.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

We don't live in the early 2000s anymore, games like that and Vanilla WoW don't exist. Hardcore players and elitists are outcasts and not considered the main market at all. As soon as they distinguished themselves from the rest of the general population, the suits realized 90% of the gaming population were casuals, and they were the dominant market.

Now all publishers and developers are catering to casual players who can only put in 2 or less hours every other day. There is no way any new player who is also a casual-paying player is going to reach anywhere above 2.8k at best for at least half a year. That is way too much time to waste for anyone who's looking to just advance through content at a steady-casual rate and be able to participate in new content too.

Actually this game has tons of well geared players, that alone disproves your statement.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    :3 This post made me chuckle... lol But, yes I would preffer the IL gate stay(shoud be higher if they counted things that don't have IL. ;P) I don't want to have a 2.8k or anything near that in ESP, or FBI. Quite frankly they'd be pointless to have in the group and be kicked by my group leader in seconds. :T Aye, and enough about money you don't have to spend anything it be a high IL, hell I know some people who started playing 1 week and the next they're already 3k, just depends where you put your priority and wheither or not you put the time in. Then again seeing a full group of 2k's get one-shot a single enemy would be quite a nice video. c:
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    taking the *hamster* lol

the whole reason it's entirely and easily possible for a higher tier 2k player to out kill and survive an lower tier 3k player is because ilvl around there doesn't make much difference, probably a huge reason some classes beg and plead for other classes to get a nerf :^)

to go from 2.8k sva to 3.1 fbi/sp is about 4k worth of points divided up into different stats, not much. set bonus, like having orcus or not plays far greater of a role, or having good mount insigs or not, boon choices, etc..
    im actually the gwf carry
    edited February 2017
    another thing that sounds weird and gives credence for higher ilvl just wanting to cheese, arguing that you went through the grit and grind to get where you are so you know it's tough and takes time, then not wanting to take an extra 5 mins to finish a dungeon or trial due to an higher amount of lower ilvl characters present or not wanting to take a second before hand to say, "watch out for (x) attack it will kill you". it's elitism
    Post edited by ragequittingdc#8599 on
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    What pisses me off the most about all of this. The servitors at the final boss were meant to attack you...

YOU KNOW WHAT THAT WOULD HAVE MEANT FOR THE EPIC VERSION!? We'll never experience that now.... since we got a rehashed one....
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited February 2017

another thing that sounds weird and gives credence for higher ilvl just wanting to cheese, arguing that you went through the grit and grind to get where you are so you know it's tough and takes time, then not wanting to take an extra 5 mins to finish a dungeon or trial due to an higher amount of lower ilvl characters present or not wanting to take a second before hand to say, "watch out for (x) attack it will kill you". it's elitism

Most people don't listen. Ask the 2K OP to stop throwing mobs around when there is plenty of AoE to make short work of them, they just keep doing it. Or ask people for more debuff skills cuz my IV GF is getting one/two-shotted by orcus, no one does it b/c they think their 2K DPS is more important, or they dismiss me as a poor tank since they see other SM GF with 1K less iLvl having no problems tanking orcus, or they don't even have one point in those skills. I don't even say anything anymore. I just leave.
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I cant even compare bunch of bad 2k to number of bad 3k I have met during my pugging skrimishes/t1. Mostly 3k player does know what he is doing because he worked on his shiny gear and got enough experience during that process. Most low 2k players (or under) I have met were fresh people, without bondings or even augument. They had no high boost from guild boons because most high end guilds have req on iL or fee. None of them will allow fresh or non fresh 2k sneak into.
    High end means high end. You need to work for it like everyone else did. Rule is rule.
    200_s.gif

A- The willingness to help or guide people has nothing to do with the game itself, but with the people. There is no running away from elitists.... or lousy attitudes... it's just there, you disregard, and move on... find players willing to help out.

B- Skill is way more valuable than iLvL. Yes... same as build, set bonuses, bondings... etc... there are so many things that come into play. I've played with 4K who added less to the group than a 2.8K of the same class. No one is arguing that.. but the only way to find out, is basically going through it. So most will rather skip it all together and take their chances with the higher geared players when doing end-game content.

C- 3.1K is not exactly up there. 4.3K being where you can reach, there's 1K+ still left to go. So the gating is not excluding 90% or more.

Ultimately, a new player joining the game should not be requiring access to the latest content, but rather improved catch-up mechanics... And in either case, they've got enough dungeons to go through on their way to 3.1K that they should be entertained, just like we all were... until such a point they reach the ilvl for the newest and latest content.

Besides, it's not like they have to do the mote thing anymore.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

taking the *hamster* lol

the whole reason it's entirely and easily possible for a higher tier 2k player to out kill and survive an lower tier 3k player is because ilvl around there doesn't make much difference, probably a huge reason some classes beg and plead for other classes to get a nerf :^)

to go from 2.8k sva to 3.1 fbi/sp is about 4k worth of points divided up into different stats, not much. set bonus, like having orcus or not plays far greater of a role, or having good mount insigs or not, boon choices, etc..

I see this argument a lot from people that say there should be no IL requirements. The first time I really encountered it was with the introduction of Tiamat when queuing was entirely random.

I ran it many times back then and the reality of the situation was a team dominated by low IL players always meant a fail whereas a team composed mostly of higher IL players completed it with no problems.

Generally speaking, a players investment in their IL is also reflected in their investment in companions and mounts so yes whilst it's theoretically possible that someone has a lot of points in these areas but less on their character, it's most often not the case unless it's an alt, they know the game v. well and had spare gear & companions. As such, the effective stat gap is up to triple the amount you've stated.

The other point is the time investment. For a first character, the time it takes to go from 2.8k to 3.1k is usually 6-12 weeks. This time is often spent in T2 dungeons and is where a player really starts to learn how to play their class/build. Does this always translate into a player being better than someone else? No of course not, but it does usually mean they are better than they were.

I play a multitude of classes and the difference in DPS between say, my 3k CW and 2.5k GWF is very noticeable. Even though the GWF class is generally a better straight DPS, my investment in the CW clearly shows. Better bondings, higher Weapon Enchantment with legendary Twisted Weapon set, levelled up artifacts, all the right companions at the right levels etc.

The last point is that IL requirements are generally set too low for the content. The amount of times I've seen a team of lower 2k players getting wiped in Valindras is actually funny. A team of 2.5k players in ETOS take forever to DPS the end boss down, even if I'm pugging on my pally so (most) of them don't die, I generally end up top on all charts (except player death count lol) because their DPS is too low.

Lets get away from talking about exceptions, they are entirely misleading. As it stands, a team of 3.1k players in FBI have a hard time so it's entirely arguable that the req could've been set higher!
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • waywardwizard#4349 waywardwizard Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I'm usually one of the first people to get angry over blatant cash grabs however item level of ~3000 is not that hard to achieve. Rank 7 enchantments are kinda abundant these days so upgrading to 9s or even 10s shouldn't be out of reach for a free player. Upgrading Artifacts to legendary is also relatively easy thanks to the many sources of RP. Keep in mind Wards and Reinforcement kits also give you some room to increase item level.. And finally being a totally free to play player is fine, in all honesty tho getting at least VIP is neither expensive nor extreme. Support the game you play, supply your playing with VIP keys and privileges.
    Post edited by waywardwizard#4349 on
    @armadeonx

don't get me wrong here, I am actually 100% for an ilvl cap increase despite my not seeing eye to eye with the concept itself. my issue is with the gaming communities way of doing the content not matching up with the devs idea of what ilvl can complete the content. all I see in game are people requesting overgeared players to do the dungeons/trials, and on the forums, there also seems to be a swaying in this same direction. maybe the devs have it wrong and a group of 2.8k 28% efr players have no possible way of doing sva and need to be carried. :

as far as tiamat goes, I wasn't around during the release of the module, I'm relatively new, and so I did a little googling so I'm not just running my fingers. when the module was released, the level cap wasn't even 70, and elemental evil didn't get released until almost half a year later, so how did tiamat ever get beaten by anybody during this time period?

I won't get too deep into anecdotal claims, but personally that is not my experience in game. from what I can tell you, it's usually a matter of looking at a combination of a players artifacts/gear/class to get a feel of how much they understand and how they invested into their character. still however, I think a simple my word vs yours arguement is pretty fruitless. what I can do for you and others who may be interested, is post screenshots of the type of things I see in game in regards to the type of players and builds I finish and/or dont finish dungeons with and their corresponding ilvl, as well as screenshots of the elitism in the chat box in the somi zone.

A difference between 2.5-3k is greater than 2.8-3k tbh. In a dps case for the former, we are most likely talking about a a lesser weapon enchant vs trans. that alone makes that a weak arguement imo, you could just as easily grab 10 gold and switch all your bondings/weapon enchant despite not having having twisted set or what I'm assuming would be a few epic archons.

Valindra really depends on doing the mechanics and knowing your class at lower ilvl. the higher the ilvl just means the less you need to do them. it taking longer and not being doable are entirely different things. etos is no question alot tougher, but again, doable. I carry in these dungeons all the time and usually it's just a case of not knowing the mechanics of them. Newer and lower ilvl players just need somebody to show them the ropes. watching some lowbies get one shot by driders and mini bosses is part of the fun for me at times, because I know they didn't see it coming. pick them up, keep pushing, and by the time you reach the first phase spider they realize you need to be more cautious.

I don't want to appear biased either though, because I get plenty of fail pugs with low ilvl players. then I have to remind myself some people just don't have the patience required to get good in nw. alot of people that pick up nw are little kids too. in the end, as I said, I'm all for an ilvl cap increase on all the t3 content if it truly cannot be done by the current cap base. that way atleast it's fair. you could call it salty, but when people are zone shouting they need people for the content and they are either: 1. lower ilvl than you and/or 2. not as well equipped as you and the same class, you send them a message for an invite, then they ignore you and keep shouting until somebody 500 ilvl higher pops up, it is like a smack in the face and it is elitist gaming, IMO

........I don't want to appear biased either though, because I get plenty of fail pugs with low ilvl players. then I have to remind myself some people just don't have the patience required to get good in nw. alot of people that pick up nw are little kids too. in the end, as I said, I'm all for an ilvl cap increase on all the t3 content if it truly cannot be done by the current cap base. that way atleast it's fair. you could call it salty, but when people are zone shouting they need people for the content and they are either: 1. lower ilvl than you and/or 2. not as well equipped as you and the same class, you send them a message for an invite, then they ignore you and keep shouting until somebody 500 ilvl higher pops up, it is like a smack in the face and it is elitist gaming, IMO

If we are strictly looking at the doable side of things, I can tell you that yes, FBI and normal Svardborg are both doable at the minimum required levels, and maybe even FBI at 2.8K... the Skill requirement however, jumps drastically. And with the argument of casual gamers forming 90% of the base, and that many people in fact believe they are skilled and know everything.... that is a tough sell.

(side note: I was helping a DC AC Righteous understand power sharing, and he kept insisting that he doesn't need power on himself he gets it all from his companion... doesn't believe in the forums, but the 4.3K DC who told him... that's an upcoming cleric, 2.8K or so, who is using outdated information... and still wouldn't listen)

So their requirements are decent enough I guess, in that they are not excluding players who should be able to finish the dungeon,
    but sadly it does not offer a good recommendation for smooth and successful runs.

The only way you can mitigate elitism is by forming groups or alliance, or thread, where people willing to help others can meet, and collaborate... won't eradicate it, won't even stop it... neither will changing ilvl requirements. Sad...
  • thornbr1ngerthornbr1nger Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Your absolutely right games like that don't exist anymore. That's why you see arguments like these in the forums. Their used to be hard mmos for people that wanted that and easy ones for people who wanted that. It's hard to have a single game that does both. It's the same thing as the pve affecting pvp and vice versa arguments.

In my opinion I don't like it when things are super easy. You get all your gear real fast and then what do you do? Sit around in the forums and complain or go play a different game. I personally prefer having an investment in my toon and things to look forward too. Both short term AND long term goals.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    @ragequittingdc#8599

when tia was first released tia was level 60. it is harder now than it was then. there was gs instead of IL then and it was people with a higher gs at the time who were beating tia. people going in with a low gs had a similarly hard time.
    edited March 2017
    @umarachnea#5673

I guess I'll just have to wait but that's fine, x2 refine today for ps4 and I'll be jumping my ilvl up a few points, so it wont matter anyway. It makes me want to start my own guild actually, so I think I will take your advice once my ilvl is high enough. sometimes this is dungeons and dragons and sometimes it's highschool.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    So is the ONLY requirement to get in that you have 3100 IL? Or is there some other doofy requirement like 62% rain resistance that is going to require 7 years of digging for nuggets of blah with a 40mil AD tool out in a farm land to make some nugget shoelaces that lower your stats but protect you from the rain - just to be able to walk into the door of the dungeon?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

So is the ONLY requirement to get in that you have 3100 IL? Or is there some other doofy requirement like 62% rain resistance that is going to require 7 years of digging for nuggets of blah with a 40mil AD tool out in a farm land to make some nugget shoelaces that lower your stats but protect you from the rain - just to be able to walk into the door of the dungeon?

That's called the long campaign.

Other than that, once you have the 3100 Ilvl, campaign task and your team with those requirements?

You can enter eSP.

• asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    I live these arguments. There are the mysterious 2k players outdpsing 4k players with skill and build, demanding to play with the 4k players.

Here is my opinion. If you really think, that your dps is significant, you dont know anything about this game, if you are playing anything but the main DD in your party. If you want a fast run, look for a party leader, who looks for MOF CW, GF, OP, DC and adds DDs. If you want to know, if your party knows what is what, look at the companions used, not the bondings. IL matters AA DCs share their power. Guess who has more effect, the one running with burning set, flail snail and +40k power or the one with 3.1k IL and 20k base power.

Yes, there are some highly skilled players, who outdps similar geared and build ppl by miles, even if the other guy has 1k IL more. You see them sometimes. What I see on a daily basis is my 3.8k DC or my 3.7k GF doing 2-10 times the dps of 2-3k DDs, running AA or ITF.

What I hear are ppl complaining about me bothering them, when I suggest the use of more effective skills. They claim, that they know how to play, when obviously they dont. 'Best' player in this department was a 2.5k CW who insulted me in a VT run. While standing in front of the door, after he and the rest of the PuG party died, he ranted on, that I would be a useless idiot, if I cant solo Valindra with my DC.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.