test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

how to unlock chat system

chronic1986chronic1986 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
So just started this game, but i cant chat or do any trading through the AH. It says i need to do 5 quests or so?

how and when can i do do these quests?

Comments

• Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    This was enacted to combat gold spammers, and is still one of my biggest pet peeves about the game. I wish they would reverse this decision, it is awful for new players. :(

You need to complete at least 3 of the lower level deeds/campaigns in order to use the trade, auction house (transactions over 1000 ad), chat, mail and send friend requests. You only have to do this on your first character, all new characters on the account will be fine.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/List_of_quests will give you a list of the quests in each area. Do three of these chains/storylines. (it says you need to complete these particular named quests, but to get to them, you have to do the rest of the chain anyway)
    • Chain: Return of the Crown Quests to complete: The Trail of the Crown, Cornering Karzov
    • Chain: The Tower District Quests to complete: Returning the Pain, Fists of the Warband, Into the Cloak Tower
    • Chain: The Plague Tower Quests to complete: Troubled Times, The Plague Tower
    • Chain: Blackdagger Ruins Quests to complete: The Sea Caves, Bloodying the Bandits, Grimstorm Keep
    • Chain: Neverdeath Quests to complete: Dragon Attack, Opening the Way, The Clockwork Tomb
    • Chain: Helm's Hold Quests to complete: The Underscar, The Being from Beyond, The Sanatorium
    If you've out-leveled the areas, there won't be any marker from the quest-givers anymore. Follow the list of quests from the wiki or talk to everyone with yellow names until someone gives you a quest.

I hope this helps. Welcome to the game, hope you unlock stuff soon. :)
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    Honestly, if this "new player experience" has been implemented when I started to play I probably would have found some other game to go play. I have never seen a game be so hostile to new players as Neverwinter currently is! :disappointed:
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    chronic1986chronic1986 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

tnx alot Blackwidow. Was starting to despair ;p
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    During the last 2x XP weekend, I farmed some bags for my storage alts. They were all overlevel for Blacklake, but the primary quest givers were still showing quest icons. The side quests were not appearing however. Makes me wonder if the quest lines to unlock chat are protected against outleveling? I didn't think to check while doing Benign Eye stuff in Tower District and I wasn't overleveled for Neverdeath.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    locrianollocrianol Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    OK, I see this is over a month old, so flame away...
    Being new to this game, coming over from STO, I had no clue what I was doing. So yeah I'm way over leveled and can't seem to find anyway to complete these. If I create my "second" toon....Can I use it to unlock, then just delete it? I really don't want to build a second toon before I figure out what I'm doing....Or does it only unlock from the first character?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Chat will unlock via any character on your account. Being overlevelled for an area doesn't mean the quests are gone, just the indicators. The Wiki functions very well as a walkthrough for the early levelling areas.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User

Chat will unlock via any character on your account. Being overlevelled for an area doesn't mean the quests are gone, just the indicators. The Wiki functions very well as a walkthrough for the early levelling areas.

As part of the QoL improvements they really should add an option to allow the displaying of the quest indicators over NPC heads even if you are over the level requirement... especially given how easy it is to outlevel areas!
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    During ths recent 2x XP event, I took some storage alts through the quests to get the baga from Blacklake Benign Eye and Neverdeath. I used those otherwise worthless XP tomes and got to the point where Neverdeath was in reach meaning that Hall of Justice vaults and Blacklake were over leveled. Knox of course shows quests regardless, but the Karzov quests were still showing up, both Private Hawthidon and Zoey Fargo were displaying the quest markers. Elmira, Hazel and Penny, who offer side quests, did not gave visible markers, making.me wonder if the Chat enabling quests have been protected from overleveling now. I did not think to check the Tower District when I was there.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
This discussion has been closed.