test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Double astral event

redrivers#2655 redrivers Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited February 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Xbox player, curious if you guys have a double astral on the calender. I'm bursting at the seams with purple gear.

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    No.. nothing..

There is no intrinsic reason for them to give us another one.. frankly economy is sort of fine on PC atm..
  • Options
    A good reason would be that everyone is accustomed to them and plan around them. IMO not giving us double astral and not addressing us about it is going to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> alot of people off.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    I have played this game since mod 3. There were only twice 2xAD happened. That is less than once per year in average. I don't know how people can accustom to that.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Oh xbox has been receiving alot more than that

We have had probably 4 in the last year
  • Options

Oh xbox has been receiving alot more than that

They have different economy and their Zax rate is not the same as PC's.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I am aware
  • Options

I am aware

Then, you know why xbox has more 2xAD.
  • Options
    I was not aware that you guys have had only 2 since mod 3.

Suppose I'll have to start salvaging and keep the characters stocked up for if and when it does come
  • Options
    On Xbox everybody sort of expects the double astral. Save up a couple months then salvage it all. Rinse, repeat. It has been that way since I started playing.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Maybe so on XBone. Not so on PC. Very rare.
    No help to me, personally. I've already reached the "rough AD singularity point": rough AD daily income>daily AD daily refining limit :(
    Wish we could trade rough AD.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I have played this game since mod 3. There were only twice 2xAD happened. That is less than once per year in average. I don't know how people can accustom to that.

I been playing actively since mod 6 and we had two by mod 7 and one just recently. They stopped doing them after removing AD from leadership but they would've had to do none between mod 3 and 7 for your numbers to be close.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

I been playing actively since mod 6 and we had two by mod 7 and one just recently. They stopped doing them after removing AD from leadership but they would've had to do none between mod 3 and 7 for your numbers to be close.
    If I remember correctly, the first time they did that was right after they remove AD from leadership.
    The last time they did that was just a while ago.
    Was there one in between? May be but I don't really remember.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    lets be honest.. they wouldve done no extra ones.. if people didnt harp all about them.
  • Options
    tassedethe13tassedethe13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User

Xbox player, curious if you guys have a double astral on the calender. I'm bursting at the seams with purple gear.

Do you know that we had to wait more than 1 year without any double AD event? Good luck !
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    After Beta there were quite a few 2xAD events, probalbly to get players to "buy in" and have "a lot of value" bound in the game.
    The ZAX was, as far as I remember, around 300-350 AD/Z when we had more 2xAD events.
    Making an 2xAD event while the ZAX is close to 500 is probably not the best idea.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    The Xbox ZAX was under 300 yesterday, it will be interesting to see what they do. Every time they try do something to inflate the exchange it ends up falling back down over time.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    urabask said:

Yes. They did do none during that time frame. PC had one double AD event in early beta, one as a community reward, and one in last year's Jubilee. As far as I recall, that's it.

Console players are likely in for a wakeup call. Double AD events are run in order to inject AD into your economy. Due to early exploits on the PC platform which injected a ton of AD, we've had very few of these events and will likely continue to see them next-to-never.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

Console players are likely in for a wakeup call. Double AD events are run in order to inject AD into your economy. Due to early exploits on the PC platform which injected a ton of AD, we've had very few of these events and will likely continue to see them next-to-never.

One of the guests during the Mod 11 launch live stream confirmed that double AD on PC will be few and far between.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

One of the guests during the Mod 11 launch live stream confirmed that double AD on PC will be few and far between.

He must be destroyed....
  • Options
    Xbone zax has been under 300 for the last few days what is pc at?
  • Options

Xbone zax has been under 300 for the last few days what is pc at?

• Options

They don't want us to make Astral diamonds anymore. They nerf the salvage and remove many of the Double AD events. They claim it's to protect the market but the ZAX was at 400 before the Salvage nerf

They did not claim it is to protect the market when they did the blue gear salvage nerf. They did not remove many of the Double AD events in PC neither because there was next to none (only 2 or 3 happened in last few years).
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I started shortly after level 70 came to be, I remember 3 I think...