What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Plant Growth

2»

Comments

• Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    PvP combat, wondering if you lay a plantgrowth down first, then fox/boarcharge someone prone into it... that they'd eat all the ticks after the delay... follow up with at wills...

That's almost worth respeccing to find out.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    That's exactly how you would get the most out of the broken PG.
    Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Lol, sorry, there's been a lot of irritating GFs in PvP of late, and a trapper really can't put much of a dent in them.

Also been wondering if it's worth putting 15 points into trapper, as a combat HR, to get weak roots on critical hits. Couple that with crushing roots and a high crit chance (i.e. not taking skirmishes gambit) to produce a stunbot combat build... Nasty feeling you'd lose a lot of damage and survivability though. Still, I do have a bunch of respecc tokens from the wintefest event.....
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

PvP combat, wondering if you lay a plantgrowth down first, then fox/boarcharge someone prone into it... that they'd eat all the ticks after the delay... follow up with at wills...

That's almost worth respeccing to find out.

Thats actually what most noob Combats hr do, what they don't seem to know, it's that using 2 encounters at same time cancell all the buffs so you end up dealing no damage, if you want to make a combat hr, record this in your mind: DON'T USE 2 ENCOUNTERS IN A ROW
    Also plant growth get's lessened damage by critical strike resistence, so you won't be 1 shotting bis players as you may think
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Awww. Okay, just destroy my dreams whydon'tcha.

I guess I've been playing my TR alt too much. Was hoping for a one shot HR equivalent. ☺

On a side note, really wish we could have a dual spec system, whenever I spec for pve, I miss combat pvp and slaughtering people, and whenever I spec for pvp, I miss trapper pve and blitzing the paingiver. And these days, you really need 2 different weapon/armor enchants for the two. At the moment I run trans dread and trans soul for pve, and those don't really map over to the pvp meta very well. PvP needs a trans elven and a perfect vorp or trans fey. At best I could sell my mainly vanity-inspired t.soul, and get one of those, but both would be a real pain to acquire, especially these days, where, forgive me, pvp is such a niche pastime in neverwinter.

Anyway, I get the encounter/at will, encounter/at will etc. bit, to take advantage of the capstone, but doesn't that hit the problem of your target simply outhealing you most times..? I want my target dead, and dead quickly, especially since I only ever soloqueue, and don't have anyone to rely on but myself.

I think also, pvp-wise, HRs suffer from not having a really fun skill. I also pvp on my no enchant TR, and my no enchant cw, both about 2.5k and despite their lack of il compared with my 4k HR, they are more fun. The TR because SE. My CW because repel. Ok so I die a bunch and generally run around like a headless chicken, but still, blowing people around the map, and oneshotting people out of their socks is fun. The HR, okay, as full-on combat, can tank a node, and kill most people who are sub-bis, but... not fun. Back in mod 2, with rubberband roots and aimed shots etc... Was a blast, but since then, meh, always just hard work, plus or minus broken mechanics.
    Post edited by jonkoca on
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Awww. Okay, just destroy my dreams whydon'tcha.

I guess I've been playing my TR alt too much. Was hoping for a one shot HR equivalent. ☺

On a side note, really wish we could have a dual spec system, whenever I spec for pve, I miss combat pvp and slaughtering people, and whenever I spec for pvp, I miss trapper pve and blitzing the paingiver. And these days, you really need 2 different weapon/armor enchants for the two. At the moment I run trans dread and trans soul for pve, and those don't really map over to the pvp meta very well. PvP needs a trans elven and a perfect vorp or trans fey. At best I could sell my mainly vanity-inspired t.soul, and get one of those, but both would be a real pain to acquire, especially these days, where, forgive me, pvp is such a niche pastime in neverwinter.

Anyway, I get the encounter/at will, encounter/at will etc. bit, to take advantage of the capstone, but doesn't that hit the problem of your target simply outhealing you most times..? I want my target dead, and dead quickly, especially since I only ever soloqueue, and don't have anyone to rely on but myself.

I think also, pvp-wise, HRs suffer from not having a really fun skill. I also pvp on my no enchant TR, and my no enchant cw, both about 2.5k and despite their lack of il compared with my 4k HR, they are more fun. The TR because SE. My CW because repel. Ok so I die a bunch and generally run around like a headless chicken, but still, blowing people around the map, and oneshotting people out of their socks is fun. The HR, okay, as full-on combat, can tank a node, and kill most people who are sub-bis, but... not fun. Back in mod 2, with rubberband roots and aimed shots etc... Was a blast, but since then, meh, always just hard work, plus or minus broken mechanics.

Just make more than 1 Enchant :) I have made myself. a Trans Shadowclad for PvE and i have a Trans Elven in my PvP gear etc (Trans Dread works decent for both but only if you stay a Trapper)... 3 sets of Legendary/Mythic equipment too. Once you have R10 runes and legendary equips its pretty easy to make another set.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Lol, at the moment all my ad is going on lockboxes, I want a giant eye from the Tbar shop next mod.
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    jonkoca said:

I have only had a select few of OPs out heal. All others melt. Even BiS Combat HR's that don't get the first hit (or two) and miss popping their Lion. Same for a trapper, get the first hit and maintain a lock, can get the kill before the game ends. :)

I have not PvP'd for nearly a month since discovering how easy it is collecting resources for the relic weapons.

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    I have seen people using the Imperial Rod to stop enemies in PG range, or going FG, TR artifact, GW from nowhere and then PG/split strike melt you.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    Does flurry proc off each tick of gushing..?
  • Options
    hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Flurry shouldn't proc off from massive bleeds from Gushind Wound since Flurry activating during power execution from tray. Flurry is similar in execution like Shepherd's Devotion, Artificier Influence, Artificier Persuasion or Cavarly Warning.
  • Options
    alliera7311alliera7311 Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    Yeah that PG delay is very noticeable and I dont think that was part of the deal in the fix. I understand that the ticks were ticking to fast. They fixed that but at the same time broke it with that 2 sec delay before the frist tick even goes off. It's literally the only thing that doesn't instantly hit. It's bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
    Guild: TLO GH 20
    Main: EMERALD LEGEND
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User

Yeah that PG delay is very noticeable and I dont think that was part of the deal in the fix. I understand that the ticks were ticking to fast. They fixed that but at the same time broke it with that 2 sec delay before the frist tick even goes off. It's literally the only thing that doesn't instantly hit. It's bull HAMSTER!

Funny thing is, if your Plant Growth does crit, Lostmauth instantly procs. You just have to wait another 2 seconds before Plant Growth actually starts ticking.

The whole thing just feels like a shoddy fix to me. First they bugged it - where it was sometimes missing one or two ticks - and then they tried to fix it by taking the bugged version and adding a tick at the end of it. Result: We still get a Plant Growth that's delayed, and is still missing a tick sometimes (on PC).
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    Yeah, since I've started pvp'ing again, the delay on PG has become a real pain in the rear.

The devs have said they know about it, that it is a bug... why are they dragging their feet over this..? How hard can it be..?
  • Options
    raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Yeah @jaegernl I've noticed missing ticks as well. It doesnt happen everytime but it does occur, on xbox.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    jonkoca said:

Yeah, since I've started pvp'ing again, the delay on PG has become a real pain in the rear.

The devs have said they know about it, that it is a bug... why are they dragging their feet over this..? How hard can it be..?

This is pure speculation but, I think, for a part, the problem was the obscene or perceived obscene effectiveness of Plant Growth combined with Piercing Blades in PvP. I'm not much of a PvP player myself, but even for me the uproar over Plant Growth and Combat HRs was noticable. Recently, with the advent of 'bug growth', this seems to have died off a little.

Now, if this has to do with Plant Growth itself, or rather that people have learned to treat Combat HRs differently from their Trapper nuissance friends, I don't know. I certainly won't claim that this is a case of PvP outcry ruining it for PvE, as I've always found that a rather hilariously inept scape-goat, but the drop in complaints would've been welcome to someone in the Dev team.

In the end, though, I think the biggest culprit is incompetence. They tried to fix it, but they failed. And then, every time someone suggested fixing bugs, someone from management came along and cracked their whip shouting 'NEW MOD NEW MOD'. The mind-boggling list of broken stuff on the HR that's been around seems to point that way. Just look at @hawkend 's latest thread. We've probably only scratched the surface there, as our community is small, and the group of people testing stuff is even smaller.
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    Sure I think you're probably right. However I think also much of the initial uproar was generated by surprise that suddenly in mod 10, HRs went from being a joke in PvP, to a being real threat again. After a certain period of getting used to the idea, things quietened.
  • Options
    armwaldarmwald Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    I only PVE and although not the most effective I can live with the delay on PG. What I cannot get a handle on is Cordon targeting all over the place and not criting from distance. After a boss fight all I see is green circles all over the place. Really messes up the rotation.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED ON ALL PLATFORMS NOW
  • Options
    dmcewendmcewen Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    I feel the complete opposite, I can deal with cordon but not plantgrowth. We lose too much dps with the 2 sec delay.
    Guild: Ruthless
    Character: Vendetta
  • Options
    kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I keep re-slotting CoA/PG, thinking that this time I will learn to deal with it's issues; I always end up dropping it pretty quickly.

Please fix, it was one of the HR's best powers.
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • Options
    I still use PG as a trapper, not very many alternatives. It still is great for boss fights, it's just almost worthless fighting mobs.
  • Options
    dmcewen said:

I still use PG as a trapper, not very many alternatives. It still is great for boss fights, it's just almost worthless fighting mobs.

Depends on the content, for me. If it's T1 and T2, I generally stick with Constricting/Longstrider/Hindering. Stuff'll be dead before the first hit of Plant Growth ticks anyway.

I do switch in Plant Growth - for Hindering - when facing bosses and in some parts of FBI. It's still great damage provided the monster lives long enough.
  • Options
    david#8871 david Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    **yawn
    Guild: The Nation - XBox
    Teucer (HR)
  • Options
    I just don't like running GW when fighting mobs, it slows the fight down.