test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to fix MSVA and mod 10 weapon grind before mod 11

ultimatefgt123ultimatefgt123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 96 Arc User
edited January 2017 in PvE Discussion
With the change to dungeon keys making grinding MSVA near impossible I propose a simple fix to enable players to finish mod 10 before mod 11 starts in a few weeks:

Allow blue and purple marks to be refined into orange marks. allow them to use the refining point gems that are for the relic weapons to do so.

As it stands people have a ton of these otherwise useless marks and stones in their inventory and a terrible drop rate for orange marks - this is a super easy and simple yet elegant solution to the biggest problem with MSVA and mod 10 and does not unnecessarily punish those with bad luck on the RNG..

Comments

• Options
    namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I think implementing a way to refine marks would be more effort than is worth. They should probably consider making the marks guaranteed drops after mod 11 is released. Then some people might grind it. Otherwise, the mod 10.x areas will be so barren they might as well delete the mod to save on dev upkeep.
  • Options
    hastati96hastati96 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I dont see a reason why the devs should change anything with the esva weapons. The chance of a legendary mark is quite high. Also devs said that the upcoming weapons should be a "weaker" version of the esva weapons. Similar to twisted and elemental weapons so actually the esva weapons should be more difficult to get (M11 weapons are really easy to get).
    I think most of you just want to skip the grind. A lot of people already grinded the marks so why should the devs make a shortcut for people who dont have them yet? Strong gear requires a certain amount of grind.
    Nero - Palacetamol - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    kydavi#1678 kydavi Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I have no problem with the grind, I want some grind in my game, what I hate is what defiantone99 mentioned; running the new content has become the realm of the super-high IL; if you are sub-4K DPS, no one wants you, no matter how well built and run your character is. I have had the content unlocked since date able and yet have barely been able to make any runs, so there is no grind because I can't ever get a damn team together because my stats don't GUARANTEE the fastest run humanly possible.

The game should not be about catering only to the those with the time/money to build max level characters. When farming runs, which are easy with half dozen or more toons, are beginning to call for IL minimums for invites, then something is seriously wrong.
    kydavi

Main: Nidara Devilspawn- Ranger
    Alt: Aradin Coldblood- Fighter
    Alt: Lucrezia Vileborn- Warlock
  • Options
    araxelvenaraxelven Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited February 2017

I have no problem with the grind, I want some grind in my game, what I hate is what defiantone99 mentioned; running the new content has become the realm of the super-high IL; if you are sub-4K DPS, no one wants you, no matter how well built and run your character is. I have had the content unlocked since date able and yet have barely been able to make any runs, so there is no grind because I can't ever get a damn team together because my stats don't GUARANTEE the fastest run humanly possible.

The game should not be about catering only to the those with the time/money to build max level characters. When farming runs, which are easy with half dozen or more toons, are beginning to call for IL minimums for invites, then something is seriously wrong.

This is what people wanted from this mod.

Before: Waaaah, everything is so easy, the new CN is a joke. Give us harder and longer content.

They did.

Now: The new stuff is too hard, need to be 4k, etc...

I have no problem with the SKT content being for high-end players, and rewards being hard to get. Newer players have nine mods's worth of content and another one on the way to prepare for SKT.

However, there is a limit to the grind, especially since participation in SVA is bound to decrease. Having to run that trial 150 times and buy ton of keys to get the marks is ridiculous, and I agree that should be changed. There should be at least a 25% chance of getting each mark in every chest.
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    I really don't understand the whole blame the "Elitist's" deal. The general complaint by a person who states that they can t run the content because of their item level or lack of high level bondings or some other item. Lets step outside of the game for a second.. about 20 years ago I got paid crazy money for contract work as a software developer.. why? because the market was not flooded with developers. I got hired for jobs writing in languages that I didn't even know.. why? because, again developers were not abundant.. now lets look at today, since there are SO MANY developers in the market, job posters no longer just look to see if you can code, they want specific items for you to have knowledge on. That helps them minimize the influx of resumes.. now back to the game.. in this game, like all others, MOST of the people who play want to be the damage dealer.. the game is flooded with people who want to see their names on the top paingiver chart.. what the game is lacking in support classes (true tanks, healers, palys, MOF's...).

When SOMI hit, my main was a Rouge. He had full Umbral gear for PVP, was 4.1K, had Shadow Demon with R12 bondings and could hold his own in PVE and getting on the paingiver chart usually was not a problem. I also had 2 GWFs (one for PVE and one for PVP), a CW, 2 warlocks, a GF and a Paly... all above 3.5k except for the Paly.. I stripped the stuff off of the Rouge and built up the paly (you know the Paly, the super nerfed, bubble no longer good, can't hold agro, not as good as a GF at tanking class). I have NO problem getting into FBI runs, mSVA runs or any other runs for that matter because people want the Aura gifts and the protection and the tanking for their DPS builds. My paly supplies my Rouge and other toons with AD and loot and soon to be a legendary set of relic weapons for my Rouge. Too bad you cant transfer the legendary rings from mSVA, I have 7 of them.

TLDR; look to where the demand is and try fill that need (in this game and in life), you will find that you will then start complaining about not being about to do anything else but the stuff you can't get into now.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    The chance of a Superior Mark of Ild has proven very low. ~100 runs and only 1 so far.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

The chance of a Superior Mark of Ild has proven very low. ~100 runs and only 1 so far.

You need to give up. You are just wasting keys.
    I have. I mostly just run FBI now for equipment RNG. Waiting on the new weapons to see if they are better than purple relic.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    Ditto to @defiantone99
    It has nothing to do with us being lazy as @hastati96 suggested.
    I've run at least 80 SVAs, DO all my dailies and weeklies and still none of the final Marks. I am lazy if I complain about that?
    We don't mind a grind provided the content is fun/challenging and the reward is certain (or at least reasonably frequent?.
    The relic weapons grind fails the second of those criteria.
    @defiantone99 's ideas (guaranteed drop of random Superior Mark). Is reasonable.
    The OP's idea is also reasonable.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Im sorry, but as a person who asked for some more diffuclt content to run (for the grind we already did) I dont remember one of us asking for MORE grind.. we just wanted some new content that had higher gear checks.

well they did that, then added the most embarrassing amount of grind level possible..

Some people did it, some people left, some people are hanging around waiting for it to be a distant memory in the game.

If you did it , kudos.. you deserve it, you got to be super Beast mode over those who didnt for a few months..
    if you left.. well your not reading this anyways..
    I worked on getting 15 r10s to r11, making a trans lighting and a few other things while i waited, for the worst ever mod to be dumped to the frozen oceans depths..

As we move foward, I hope they can just forget the aweful implementation and ESPECIALLY gating at this level and we can play the game again.