test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The state of the DC (It's the bubble situation all over again)

Comments

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    remember early mod 6, before perma-bubble OPs arrived. Every mob had a strategy. I can recall doing eCC runs and we would all wait before engaging a mob, dps focused on ranged, tank took the agro from the melee. Everyone in party learned their role for each mob. It took way longer, there were lots of deaths, but it was fun in its own way and reward game IQ.
  • Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    putzboy78 said:

remember early mod 6, before perma-bubble OPs arrived. Every mob had a strategy. I can recall doing eCC runs and we would all wait before engaging a mob, dps focused on ranged, tank took the agro from the melee. Everyone in party learned their role for each mob. It took way longer, there were lots of deaths, but it was fun in its own way and reward game IQ.

That's how I like to do dungeons, to respect people's role. I'm a dps GF, but when I'm running a dungeon and there's another tank, I always wait for him to pull the mobs, it's like a "respect" for his role.

These days I ran a FBI with a HR that pulled all giants three times, he didn't wait for the tank, all desperate to be top on paingiver, I just quit the dungeon saying I'm not capable of running the dungeon that way.
    Today, I ran a CN with 2 people desperate to be top paingiver because I was on top. I just let them pull everything and they died like 3 times each in 3 minutes of dungeon. One of them stopped running ahead, the other insisted, then this one started to blame aggro.

There are also strikers who use shift to run/dash/jump/dance/roll/whatever DESPERATELY towards the mobs without waiting for anyone, why? because they want to be top paingiver, they want to show they are awesome. As if I really consider someone good because he killed mobs before I had the chance to hit them.

And yes, there's also the "I'm a rock, I'm immortal" tank who aggroes the whole dungeon beliving he can tank 549,202,102 mobs at the same time without even waiting for the dps, or worse, the dc/op/healer/whatever.

I play neverwinter for 6 months only, but I've been playing other MMORPGs for 10 years. I wasn't here on mod 6 but I understand what you mean.

Yesterday I ran CN with a 2.2-2.4k GS group. And it was fun because I had to change skills, to change my tactics to fight Orcus, I had some challenge there.
    Two days ago I ran EGWD without a DC, I had to rely on a rotation specifically dedicated to the last boss because the dps was really weak, and it was fun, I had some challenge there.

I know I said FBI is a farming place for me and it contradicts what I just said about CN and EGWD. But man, I ran CN and EGWD for FUN. I didn't run it forced for the 80th time to get a single piece of loot with 0.0000298392839982389283% drop chance

In my opinion everything in this game is easy, aside from FBI and MSVA, which are easy with AA, but hard without AA in MY OPINION.

They should put more challenges in this game. Like Shamans giving other mobs immunities, so the dps need to focus on shamans first. Then a bard who buffs the group of enemies, so it should be killed first.
    They need to give us some challenges in a smart way, not big stupid hammers hitting you for 200k damage.
    Fights like Dragon Turtle, Ethraniev Marrowslake, Storvald and Drufi are awesome.
    But meh...you can just do a trick to hit turtle from behind without taking any damage. You can trick Drufi's Call of Winter to ignore her damage with AA, you can even trick her deeply making her close to a harmless boss.

But wait, you can't trick Ethraniev Marrowslake as far as I know.

EGWD is my favorite dungeon because it gives me some challenge. The mobs charge, jump, they buff, they call more mobs. It's something different from the hack n' slash the other dungeons offer us.

In my opinion we need more content like EGWD
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    This conversation is hysterical. First off no one can tell you what to run unless you pug FBI..which you should never do unless you're into getting kicked repeatedly in the sack. Also most of you are speaking in hypotheticals. Whenever you run FBI you have to seriously consider party balance and strategy. There's OPs and GFs out there running builds that can turn the entire squad into tanks, throw in massive debuffs from a CW and a DPS DC, and 1 or 2 competent DPSers with high Lifesteal and you won't ever need AA.

The fact is the majority of the community are scrubs, scrubs require AA. Skilled players do not require AA nor demand anyone uses it, but will balance out a party in order to get that same desired effect. Anyone running double AA spam groups is doing such in order to farm FBI/SVA. There's no glory in beating a dungeon 50x there's only grind/farm. This game has become an endless grind fest and let's be honest AA hides weak builds and allows Glass cannons to speed farm content. If that's not what you're into don't play with those people. Sitting on top of your high horses and calling out the community for taking advantage of 1 classes ability because you're too proud to utilize it is childish. I respect your willingness to avoid AA and build a DC other than what the current meta is demanding from your class but please do so quietly. Be above finger pointing.

As for the GWF vs FBI comments:

GWFs have something much worse to fear then trolls and Giants and that's LAG! My GWF is built to solo all content. I have videos of me soloing most dungeons with my current build. I do not require AA or a team for that matter. Once you have around 40% EFR FBI becomes very easy to run. THAT SAID..I still get one shot by boulders after I've long escaped the red circle of "eat this rock adventurer!" Call it lag, call it bad code, call it whatever. There's a lot of red zones in the FBI runs especially during the hill climb doing smaller pulls that even when avoided will still kill the tankiest of players for absolutely no reason. This can be extremely annoying when you're trying to run several FBI runs before your guild calls for Dragons or you have to get back to doing your Dailies for keys/boons/resources.
  • Options
    jeffsliderjeffslider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    nickjdowe said:

This conversation is hysterical. First off no one can tell you what to run unless you pug FBI..which you should never do unless you're into getting kicked repeatedly in the sack. Also most of you are speaking in hypotheticals. Whenever you run FBI you have to seriously consider party balance and strategy. There's OPs and GFs out there running builds that can turn the entire squad into tanks, throw in massive debuffs from a CW and a DPS DC, and 1 or 2 competent DPSers with high Lifesteal and you won't ever need AA.

The fact is the majority of the community are scrubs, scrubs require AA. Skilled players do not require AA nor demand anyone uses it, but will balance out a party in order to get that same desired effect. Anyone running double AA spam groups is doing such in order to farm FBI/SVA. There's no glory in beating a dungeon 50x there's only grind/farm. This game has become an endless grind fest and let's be honest AA hides weak builds and allows Glass cannons to speed farm content. If that's not what you're into don't play with those people. Sitting on top of your high horses and calling out the community for taking advantage of 1 classes ability because you're too proud to utilize it is childish. I respect your willingness to avoid AA and build a DC other than what the current meta is demanding from your class but please do so quietly. Be above finger pointing.

As for the GWF vs FBI comments:

GWFs have something much worse to fear then trolls and Giants and that's LAG! My GWF is built to solo all content. I have videos of me soloing most dungeons with my current build. I do not require AA or a team for that matter. Once you have around 40% EFR FBI becomes very easy to run. THAT SAID..I still get one shot by boulders after I've long escaped the red circle of "eat this rock adventurer!" Call it lag, call it bad code, call it whatever. There's a lot of red zones in the FBI runs especially during the hill climb doing smaller pulls that even when avoided will still kill the tankiest of players for absolutely no reason. This can be extremely annoying when you're trying to run several FBI runs before your guild calls for Dragons or you have to get back to doing your Dailies for keys/boons/resources.

I can agree with what you're saying, however, another reason as to why I'm also agreeing with all this talk about AA. We need to remember here, there's other types of healers here. I really can understand others frustration when a majority is like 'LF AA DC for FBI/ESVA, Pm me' It really just sets aside DO DC and shoot, even healadins. I rarely see healadins in parties now a days, outside of their own guild stuff of course. I rather in my view, people at least for doing sake, ask for a 'healer/debuff', specifically asking for 'AA DC', it's no wonder those who play/main DO DC's or Healadins hate how things are right now. I can look at it from my HR's perspective. When I join/make parties in my guild, I really can care less if the healer has AA or not, I really don't need it on that HR as you pointed out that 'scrubs require AA' but I like to watch the different points of views here and that's one thing I can talk about, it just ultimately shuns out DO DC's or Healadins (They're probably have to stick to strictly joining guild runs, depending on what guild they are in of course if that guild can care less about AA or not)
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    putzboy78 said:

rjc9000 said:

(Even if you see multiple ballz surrounding your character, you only absorb 4 hits and then the powershare is gone. The next AA casted overrides the powershare of the initial AA. Imo it's more efficient if one DC uses AA and the other HG).

Exactly why i use HG if i already see AA flower power circling me
    with hastering light, 2 clarics spamming AA is anough to reduce all cool time to 0 and gain tons of AP and damage.
    from my experince 3 DC that spam AA with hastering light will reduce all cool time and fill all AP in a few sec
    i dont see HG with the long cool time preform better.

as for AA itself, it was garbage for ages cause we had low power. now it put HG way behind.
    it doesnt mean AC is overpower, its more like DO is bad. and they will only notice it once they see no one is playing DO anymore. (and even then they most likely nerf AC then buff DO...)

i did severl CN runs with GF that were PVP spec in the past (it was common back then) every time we reach the last boss the GF died in few sec or was hidding somewhere causing wipe.
    one time after 10 try, we told the GF it won't work. he was pissed off saying its not fair a specific build can not preform. he forgot that this was the exact reason he chose PVP build.
    any way it happen, DO is not good for PVE anymore. the real question is why do you chose this path if its not good?
    if its so good why do you complain?

• Options
    jeffsliderjeffslider Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    plavia said:

putzboy78 said:

rjc9000 said:

(Even if you see multiple ballz surrounding your character, you only absorb 4 hits and then the powershare is gone. The next AA casted overrides the powershare of the initial AA. Imo it's more efficient if one DC uses AA and the other HG).

Exactly why i use HG if i already see AA flower power circling me
    with hastering light, 2 clarics spamming AA is anough to reduce all cool time to 0 and gain tons of AP and damage.
    from my experince 3 DC that spam AA with hastering light will reduce all cool time and fill all AP in a few sec

as for AA itself, it was garbage for ages cause we had low power. now it put HG way behind.
    it doesnt mean AC is overpower, its more like DO is bad. and they will only notice it once they see no one is playing DO anymore. (and even then they most likely nerf AC then buff DO...)

i did severl CN runs with GF that were PVP spec in the past (it was common back then) every time we reach the last boss the GF died in few sec or was hidding somewhere causing wipe.
    one time after 10 try, we told the GF it won't work. he was pissed off saying its not fair a specific build can not preform. he forgot that this was the exact reason he chose PVP build.
    any way it happen, DO is not good for PVE anymore. the real question is why do you chose this path if its not good?
    if its so good why do you complain?

Well just as @rjc9000 said, it's actually more efficient and that's why I like when if I get in a group with a DO DC, I know for sure it's all good for me to run that AA since the DO will be of course, using HG. I understand what you're saying with the cooldowns talk but they're talking in terms of the buffs there because as explained, AA doesn't stacked, If I cast one, then another DC casts like 3 seconds after, that dc will override my AA and hence my powershare. With AA + HG, that powershare + the increase HG gives to damage and defense, it's better that way since those two will work in great unity.
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Only to heat the fire.
    I saw a GWF tanking Orcus without much trouble and without AA, I saw a GWF even tanking Storvalds to some degree and not die from his Hits.
    Beside this, I am sure the nerf will come and eat that daily and I am very curious what SVA-, FBI-random runs will look like after it :) "Storvalds Sloughterhouse"
    Maybe the new setup for FBI will be a combo with a Tank, 2 buffer/dps, a DC to mitigate those onehits and an OP or templock to cure those parties in no time from "near-death", both of them dealing insane hps with a correct setup.
    That way it is near obsolte to run a striker, because you need maybe 3 hours to get into a party , lol.
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    Every build has a role to play. If you play DO DC you're a primary DPS/Debuff Cleric which means you need some other class or player to run mitigation. If I pick up a DO DC it means my party doesn't need a MoF CW but I'll need an Protection OP to fill the role of mitigation and additional power sharing. It's about putting together a balanced squad. Which is why pug queuing is terrible. Just because the game thinks my party needs a DC it doesn't specify which kind of DC my group needs.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Looks like I've been summoned by @jaime4312 to testify ;)

No, seriously, the good players don't need AA because they know what the hell they're doing. That's the whole difference. For a GWF it's all about footwork, you might not be able to dodge, but if you know the mechanics of the dungeon well enough, you know when that killing blow's gonna hit, and by the time it does you won't be there, you'll run to the side and continue tanking once it's over, rinse and repeat. Paladin's Shield of Faith is just as awesome, it's not broken but it can help deal with massive amounts of incoming damage. Healadins are great and right now, due to the AA bug, they're not being taken to dungeons very often, which makes me sad. But see, AA is gonna get fixed, then something else will be broken and allow the masses to run content trivially and rely on some other bug, it's not even a DC problem - it's a design problem period. It used to be bubble, and then it's going to be something else. As @jeffslider mentioned, along with @archangelzorak01 we often discuss how ridiculous the current situation is, how people have the audacity to just ask specifically for AA dc's and refuse to run without one, they're spoiled and for the most part - bad players. The good ones, as I said before, don't need AA, they don't rely on AA to succeed. It's one of the reasons we don't allow our guildies to ask for a specific class, ever. You want a tank? ask for a tank, not a GF, not a bubble pally, ask for a TANK. Same for a healer or buffs. Ask for buffs, you might get a MOF CW or a DO DC. There's so much pressure on DC's to be AA spammers right now, but that will go away and something else comes along. I believe in speccing into something viable, doesn't have to be the current meta, but as long as you're completing your role in a dungeon and your performance is adequate - in my book, you're doing well.

Let this AA madness go away already. It might remind the rich and spoiled they're actually not invincible gods and oh my god, gotta learn the mechanics. Dead DPS does 0 DPS.
  • Options
    lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    If I ask for buff, I'll tell that DO DC to respec AC haha
  • Options
    plavia said:

Many AC/DCs are not running hastening light. If it get to that point there is literally no difference in DCs, everyone will be running the exact same build because getting hastening light leaves you effectively no options in the righteous tree to qualify as a debuffer.

Further to that, since AA doesn't stack, but HG & AA stack, you get a ton of damage mitigation, debuff, and buff by combining your DO Right with your AC/DC. Optimally you can run AC/DC healer for heals and right DC debuffer/dps for damage and max debuffs since many debuffs don't stack. There is so many options, but ultimatly it doesnt matter. Anything in the game is doable with the right party composition. Buff/Debuff/DPS only means its faster, healers and tanks make it possible.

If I ask for buff, I'll tell that DO DC to respec AC haha

Please never have me in your party, your attitude does not deserve my aptitude.
  • Options
    ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @laurentio

I'm glad we would agree on certain aspects despite our initial disagreement. I find that most people tend to tweak a build to their playstyle so good for you that you have one which is customized. I hardly think mine would suit your style, nor yours suit mine. :lol:

Hopefully (Though I couldn't see it in the near future), DC would have a proper rework like a lot of us had hoped. Like you, DC also my oldest toon and main, I would love to see some fixes thrown in! As for the support role, I believe strongly that as long as you run with someone who knows what they are doing - support DC is still viable in current meta. But not all occasions, especially if you are among PuGs, that you have the luxury to do so.

@kallephi#0836

I have no doubt you know what you are doing - my explanations are there since I am not assuming you are aware of certain DC mechanics which are used rarely nowadays or the usage of CC in an fbi situation as you play a GF/SW.

I, for one, also know what I'm doing. Those are all valid suggestions which had been put to practice in AA-less fbi runs, as many others in this thread had explained to you too so I will not repeat. You are encouraged to run a fbi run with me if you still seek to put the "so-called theories" into "practice".

No offense to you either, but I think you had taken my previous 2liners too personally, I am by no means saying you are not a good player by your own right, but as @jaime4312#3760 stated, you might be unused to running without AA. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you opt to keep an open mind.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

@laurentio

I'm glad we would agree on certain aspects despite our initial disagreement. I find that most people tend to tweak a build to their playstyle so good for you that you have one which is customized. I hardly think mine would suit your style, nor yours suit mine. :lol:

Hopefully (Though I couldn't see it in the near future), DC would have a proper rework like a lot of us had hoped. Like you, DC also my oldest toon and main, I would love to see some fixes thrown in! As for the support role, I believe strongly that as long as you run with someone who knows what they are doing - support DC is still viable in current meta. But not all occasions, especially if you are among PuGs, that you have the luxury to do so.

@kallephi#0836

I have no doubt you know what you are doing - my explanations are there since I am not assuming you are aware of certain DC mechanics which are used rarely nowadays or the usage of CC in an fbi situation as you play a GF/SW.

I, for one, also know what I'm doing. Those are all valid suggestions which had been put to practice in AA-less fbi runs, as many others in this thread had explained to you too so I will not repeat. You are encouraged to run a fbi run with me if you still seek to put the "so-called theories" into "practice".

No offense to you either, but I think you had taken my previous 2liners too personally, I am by no means saying you are not a good player by your own right, but as @jaime4312#3760 stated, you might be unused to running without AA. There's nothing wrong with that as long as you opt to keep an open mind.

For the last time, I never said AA is needed or that AA is ok the way it is now, I even said it's overpowered.
    I will say again: AA helps avoiding some one-shots.

That also means I never said AA is the ONLY way to avoid one-shots. It's only one tool, and an easy tool, that makes you ignore some one-shots.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    from what i can remember

AC was not good when it came, AA was gone from all party memebers if u lose it and any damage remove it.
    at that time DO was better. only few PVP player chose AC cause you could reach 20% + deflect with annointed army and exaltation had a funny 1 sec immunity.

after some time they gave AA bit more durability (i think you could lose only one ball/sec at that time)

now you have the power buff for all to duration but its still only absorb 4 hits
    i try couple of time on ESVA casting it 5 sec before the boss do the "ring of ice" thing and it was wipe (srry for that but i wanted more statistics:) )

took them more than a year to make it usefull and now with increasing power, bonding and cheap companions it is strong enough to use it. and we complain AA is too much???

as far as i remember DC allways had something "usefull"
    astral shield with heal ticks, increaisng GF damage reduction and buffing the all party, buffing AP like crazy and now its AA.

*what does it means DO buffer? what skill DO have that AC don't have?
    as far as i see BoB alone is 15% power for all players and companions! and i dont see DO doing something similar

• Options
    edited January 2017
    Guess it is about prophecy of doom..if it was not bugged. In reality DO is better as DPS but significantly worse buffer due to AA.
    AA is OP, making content trivial or gameplay...
    If it get's nerfed into uselessness , DO with a fixed PoD would be superior. No matter what happens everyone will adapt and be bored after 1year again.
    Only thing wich will happen by sure is, that those random runs with "4k + , bonded, hdps" "strong group" etc. will be a 100% fail without AA. Most player go on dropping every red zone 100% into the RAID not moving an inch and kill my tank , wich runs KV to protect those player.
  • Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

No, seriously, the good players don't need AA because they know what the hell they're doing. That's the whole difference. For a GWF it's all about footwork, you might not be able to dodge, but if you know the mechanics of the dungeon well enough, you know when that killing blow's gonna hit, and by the time it does you won't be there, you'll run to the side and continue tanking once it's over, rinse and repeat. Paladin's Shield of Faith is just as awesome, it's not broken but it can help deal with massive amounts of incoming damage. Healadins are great and right now, due to the AA bug, they're not being taken to dungeons very often, which makes me sad. But see, AA is gonna get fixed, then something else will be broken and allow the masses to run content trivially and rely on some other bug, it's not even a DC problem - it's a design problem period. It used to be bubble, and then it's going to be something else. As @jeffslider mentioned, along with @archangelzorak01 we often discuss how ridiculous the current situation is, how people have the audacity to just ask specifically for AA dc's and refuse to run without one, they're spoiled and for the most part - bad players. The good ones, as I said before, don't need AA, they don't rely on AA to succeed. It's one of the reasons we don't allow our guildies to ask for a specific class, ever. You want a tank? ask for a tank, not a GF, not a bubble pally, ask for a TANK. Same for a healer or buffs. Ask for buffs, you might get a MOF CW or a DO DC. There's so much pressure on DC's to be AA spammers right now, but that will go away and something else comes along. I believe in speccing into something viable, doesn't have to be the current meta, but as long as you're completing your role in a dungeon and your performance is adequate - in my book, you're doing well.

Let this AA madness go away already. It might remind the rich and spoiled they're actually not invincible gods and oh my god, gotta learn the mechanics. Dead DPS does 0 DPS.

@rinat114 I'm glad the summoning ritual did work! :wink: I'm a decent summoner, am I not? Thank you very much for your post, it was a very good one, as expected! I totally agree with what you said, the AAA spamming build needs to go and it's also great the way your guild makes sure no classes are left out in dungeon runs.

Anyway, @kallephi#0836 I think I don't have much else to say, you should keep in mind or comment what Lia said, I think. Like you said it yourlsef, you contradicted yourself with your posts, for example. that if party members aren't using kv or dp you do need anointed army for protection but then you have stated that you don't need it. Also, one thing is to make things easier and another one is to trivialize content and enable players to ignore game mechanics and to forget about taking damage or dodging. Also, they way you used the word "mitigation" was kind of, emm, unique, first time ever seeing it being used that way on this webpage (never seen it on other ones either) and all others I've seena bout videogames and other things so I naturally understood it as everyone else or most people would do, as in, you know, "damage mitigation", "got it"?

With the current state of the game, one shots do need to stay otherwise even my cocker spanniel could solo fbi and msva. By the way, AAA isn't just overpowered, it is so broken that 20 secs bubble and superfray are pathetic jokes in comparison, at least the gave you either damage immunity or a hufe dps boost but not both things at the same time by themselves. Oh and again, because of AAA the dc is tankier than any op or gf (at least again a single, really strong enemy), it's absolutely ridiculous

I think we already stated our points of view so there's no need to carry on with this, I believe your definition of fun (because we all have one) is what makes you love AAA and despise one shots from epic dungeon enemies. Before I end my my post and my replies to you on this thread, I would like to state that my definition of fun in a videogame is real challenge, to have a hard time compelting all content as when something gets done it feels rewarding whether it's the just the first time doing so or the 99999999999999999th one, if something can be completed super easy and fast then it is going to bore me very much and I will most likely look for fun somewhere else.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

rinat114 said:

@rinat114 I'm glad the summoning ritual did work! :wink: I'm a decent summoner, am I not? Thank you very much for your post, it was a very good one, as expected! I totally agree with what you said, the AAA spamming build needs to go and it's also great the way your guild makes sure no classes are left out in dungeon runs.

Anyway, @kallephi#0836 I think I don't have much else to say, you should keep in mind or comment what Lia said, I think. Like you said it yourlsef, you contradicted yourself with your posts, for example. that if party members aren't using kv or dp you do need anointed army for protection but then you have stated that you don't need it. Also, one thing is to make things easier and another one is to trivialize content and enable players to ignore game mechanics and to forget about taking damage or dodging. Also, they way you used the word "mitigation" was kind of, emm, unique, first time ever seeing it being used that way on this webpage (never seen it on other ones either) and all others I've seena bout videogames and other things so I naturally understood it as everyone else or most people would do, as in, you know, "damage mitigation", "got it"?

With the current state of the game, one shots do need to stay otherwise even my cocker spanniel could solo fbi and msva. By the way, AAA isn't just overpowered, it is so broken that 20 secs bubble and superfray are pathetic jokes in comparison, at least the gave you either damage immunity or a hufe dps boost but not both things at the same time by themselves. Oh and again, because of AAA the dc is tankier than any op or gf (at least again a single, really strong enemy), it's absolutely ridiculous

I think we already stated our points of view so there's no need to carry on with this, I believe your definition of fun (because we all have one) is what makes you love AAA and despise one shots from epic dungeon enemies. Before I end my my post and my replies to you on this thread, I would like to state that my definition of fun in a videogame is real challenge, to have a hard time compelting all content as when something gets done it feels rewarding whether it's the just the first time doing so or the 99999999999999999th one, if something can be completed super easy and fast then it is going to bore me very much and I will most likely look for fun somewhere else.
    The time I contradicted myself was when I said I got some challenge in CN and EGWD and I didnt have challenge in FBI.
    But, no, this grinding fest (like someone said earlier) makes nothing fun at all. I'm really sick of FBI because I've ran it almost 100 times on my GF in 1 month and I still haven't seen the helmet.
    I need something to survive certain fights because of Knight's Challenge, it can be Knight's Valor, bubble, AA. Doesn't matter, I didn't state AA specifcally, but it's the easiest way.

The game doesn't offer any challenge, you need to find the challenge yourself, like doing dungeons with 2k people, doing FBI naked. This is clearly a flaw and bad design from devs, not our fault because we use AA.

You can't throw me rocks because I like AA. I like AA, a lot of people like it. But I agree it's overpowered.
    Liking AA doesn't make me a bad player anyway.
  • Options
    its the same strory every time. we complain on something that work rather then complain on all the things that don't
    soon will get a patch with 150 words explenation saying:
    after anlayzing the data...the best solution... now you will use it when its needded...

and will get 20sec cool time like HG.
    at the end all our daily will have this cool time reducing the impact of our recovery and AP.

why don't you complain that POD is garabge from day 1 and have HAMSTER feat?
    or that Bos 5% debuff feat is weak?
    or that hammer of faith do less damage than a encounter?

AA was uselss from start and only lately it became so storng.
    i admit it need to to fixed at some points. but stop calling for a nerf each time

you will be suprised how many low/new plaeyrs there are, and for them AA is real life saving.
    the DPS increase of AA exist only if you are well equiped with bonding + pet + tons of recovery and AP.
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Run FBI with a DO today: smooth and fast.
    The funny thing is that even with AA, many players (4k included) die like flies at eSVA and that's why they need it desperately.

Still waiting for the fix of the damage immunuty bug.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    plavia said:

AC was not good when it came, AA was gone from all party memebers if u lose it and any damage remove it.
    at that time DO was better. only few PVP player chose AC cause you could reach 20% + deflect with annointed army and exaltation had a funny 1 sec immunity.

The power buffing was not as significant under the old stat curve. There are many cases where HG still out performs AA in dps potential (i.e. power less than 30k, your party is not full of high bonding users, and when people are not standing within close proximity of each other). For a long time AA was primarily used for pvp because of the immunity. The general rule was AC for PVP DO for PVE.

DO still gets a DOT at-will which is very helpful, foresight, and of course the Hammers :)

• Options
    jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User

rinat114 said:

The time I contradicted myself was when I said I got some challenge in CN and EGWD and I didnt have challenge in FBI.
    But, no, this grinding fest (like someone said earlier) makes nothing fun at all. I'm really sick of FBI because I've ran it almost 100 times on my GF in 1 month and I still haven't seen the helmet.
    I need something to survive certain fights because of Knight's Challenge, it can be Knight's Valor, bubble, AA. Doesn't matter, I didn't state AA specifcally, but it's the easiest way.

The game doesn't offer any challenge, you need to find the challenge yourself, like doing dungeons with 2k people, doing FBI naked. This is clearly a flaw and bad design from devs, not our fault because we use AA.

You can't throw me rocks because I like AA. I like AA, a lot of people like it. But I agree it's overpowered.
    Liking AA doesn't make me a bad player anyway.
    Not throwing rocks at you, just letting you know my opinion. I stated I wasn't going to continue to reply because you may (if not already) take this personal and I don't mean to offend you nor upset you, if anything, I found your usage of "got it?" quite insulting to me as you used a word in a very uncommon way then expected me to understand what you meant, that's why I used the "got it?" as well on a previous post so you could notice I found it very mean.

AA is not simply overpowered, it's broken. No need to carry on on this thread, we know what our opinions are. Peace.
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    nickjdowe said:

PuG life yo.. Lol you guys all sound like you spend way too much time in zone chat or pugging.

For the majority of players, if running AA means you finish FBI in 35 minutes verses no AA and finishing in over an hour, you go with AA. Time management is real. With HE Farming, Dailies, Weeklies, Salvaging, SH Dragon Runs, on multiple characters you don't always have the luxury of doing things the "honorable" way. AA is what it is, get over it. If/when it gets nerfed the community will adjust. Until then creating boo hoo threads about AA is super lame. No one cares.

not true.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    plavia said:

*what does it means DO buffer? what skill DO have that AC don't have?
    as far as i see BoB alone is 15% power for all players and companions! and i dont see DO doing something similar

DO has two useful skills:
    Brand of the Sun - with the BYS fix this now keeps DoTs on target giving 10% increased damage from all sources
    Prophecy of Doom - lower DR on target
    It's the preferred choice for DPS DC's as they also get Terrifying Insight which increases their damage by 8%.

Sure they miss out on AA and the extra powersharing from BoB (if they choose the supporting feat) but they'll generally build everything toward the single goal of reducing enemy defensive capabilities.

Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    I think if they would bring AA into line with Divine Protector/ GF block all would be good. The most damage it should block is 75-80%, in my opinion.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

adinosii said:

I don't normally rant.

Honestly.

I do, however, feel like doing that now.

The reason is the number of players that seem to consider strategy and tactics to be completely irrelevant, and only rely on a broken/overpowered mechanism to get through content.

Yes, I am referring to the practice of basically "requiring" two AC DCs spamming AA to get the group through Svardborg.

This is just like the habit people had of relying on paladins with a "permabubble", where they did not even bother to get out of red zones, knowing quite well that the bubble would keep them alive, no matter what, so there was no need to "play properly".

Lazy, sloppy and annoying.

I practically never do PUGs, but If I did, I am told that I would not be welcome in a mSVA group. Why? Well, I'm a DO DC. I don't do AA - and I refuse to respec to a mode that encourages bad gameplay by relying on an overpowered mechanism....for me, that takes the fun out of playing.

I feel you. I too was once a DO because Brand was fun to use, but I liked Elf's Dragonheart build so much for the increased speed that I swapped to AC. Since I'm not one of those perma AA DCs, sometimes I get angry pugs who will pm me saying "why u no spam AA faster?".

I personally think the overall DC is fine, as apart from bugs, the DC is a pure support specialist, so it makes sense for them to have healing and strong buffs (but barely any DPS).

It's just AA which needs some tweaking.

Like the bubble, AA has made people so complacent that they don't bother trying to dodge. It has made for some frustrating experiences when I use Knight's Valor...

Worst of all, some of the lazier pugs don't realize that only 1 AA works at a time.

My issue with the DC is this, the class is a healer and buffer, support only class. I tried out a full DO build focused solely on damage without any real group buffs. End result, not that good.

Ran a few different pieces of group content to see how it played out and ran some solo content. Timed myself on the solo content.

I did not see any real significant increase in my damage in group content,. The solo content is where I wanted to see if the change would improve my runs.

Short answer, no. The buffing I get as a buffer/healer increases my stats enough to make the times basically the same. Sad really that the DC is a 100% support class and going full on damage does not really improve the solo content for us.

I would like to see a change in our paragon paths.

Virtuous - Buffing/Controlling
    Faithful - Healing - HoT / Burst
    Righteous - Damage

I mean some slight modifications and we would have a much improved class.

I personally dislike being forced into a buffer/healer role.

• Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User

The one shot took any kinda strategy out a while ago. Mobs in fbi can one shot tanks with one hit lol. Kinda making these things neccessary. The true fix would be to remove life steal from the game, then remove one shots. You'd have to work on healadins way over powered heals as well. It's not going to happen so we will continue with one shot but I suspect aa will be nerfed.

^ This. Ever since the one-shot mob started the need for mitigation over heals has increased. To make one more viable, you need to reduce the other. I agree re: life steal as well.
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited February 2017

I would like to see a change in our paragon paths.

Virtuous - Buffing/Controlling
    Faithful - Healing - HoT / Burst
    Righteous - Damage

As a meta, I would prefer:
    Virtuous: (improved) mitigation
    Faithful: Healer
    Righteous: buffer/debuffer.

I would not consider the damage as a main feature, but a consequence of being a buffer, amplified by artifacts, stats, equipment, etc.
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

My issue with the DC is this, the class is a healer and buffer, support only class. I tried out a full DO build focused solely on damage without any real group buffs. End result, not that good.

Ran a few different pieces of group content to see how it played out and ran some solo content. Timed myself on the solo content.

I did not see any real significant increase in my damage in group content,. The solo content is where I wanted to see if the change would improve my runs.

Short answer, no. The buffing I get as a buffer/healer increases my stats enough to make the times basically the same. Sad really that the DC is a 100% support class and going full on damage does not really improve the solo content for us.

How much effort/cost did you put into it? I ran as a DPS DO for about 6 months (haste until the nerf and a pvp build before that in mods 4-5). I recently respecced to AC Righteous buffer and the drop in my clearance times for solo content has been painfully extended. I almost fall asleep in my Monday Baphomet fights whereas previously I'd be in and out in 2 minutes.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    armadeonx said:

How much effort/cost did you put into it? I ran as a DPS DO for about 6 months (haste until the nerf and a pvp build before that in mods 4-5). I recently respecced to AC Righteous buffer and the drop in my clearance times for solo content has been painfully extended. I almost fall asleep in my Monday Baphomet fights whereas previously I'd be in and out in 2 minutes.
    AC righteous only surpass DO in dps when you have 3x r12 bonding while spamming AA.
  • Options
    I really would like to meet a pure dps DC , I never met one who was able to top classes like Hunter, Warlock, dps GF, GWF in all those years, mostly due to that class being forced to stay a supporter maybe?
    My own impression runnning my DC: great dps running trash, low dps on single target compared to strikerclasses, wich kills any interest in my case to focus on a dps spec. I don´t want to be a "Trash-Killer".