test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: Storm King's Thunder: Sea of Moving Ice

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
Patch notes for the Sea of Moving Ice update can be found here:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/playstation/neverwinter/news/detail/10358343

Comments

• Options
    bigrong49#7420 bigrong49 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Thanks devs, you just made 24 people from my guild quit the game awesome!
  • Options
    xbenny78x#1750 xbenny78x Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I put at least $100 in a month. I was a serious player and serious supporter until today... A lot of my friends are quitting this abusive money trap.. Just broke my Paladin.. :(
  • Options
    lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I've only noticed one issue. I completed a normal dungeon and went to open a chest, but the key got consumed when I just wanted to check what's inside. I couldn't back out. So does the keys get consumed now on epic dungeons as well? I wanted to do epic to get an artifact, but I don't wanna waste my key. I won't be doing epics anymore, unless I can check what's in the chest before deciding to use my key.

I've also noticed that no one in my guild and alliance were on today. I think you scared them away.

I like that the keys are now in separate bag.
    Post edited by lordmanik on
  • Options
    zieth#2890 zieth Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Am starting to think that the devs hate paly tanks, the nerfs just keep piling on.
  • Options
    crymsonkyng#1923 crymsonkyng Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    While still on the fence about a number of issues, after 5 CAN runs yesterday, my group pulled 2 Orcus shards, an epic mount, and a very decent item lvl 150 helmet. The drop rate seems to definitely been improved, and some of the loot is solid. Unsure of how this will work out long term however.

Oh and the SW and OP in my guild and alliance are very salty. Thankfully myself and my guild leader(SW) could afford an owlbear cub, but for those who can't, and especially low/mid item level players, you guys have put them in a very precarious spot. Much harder for SW to compete dps wise, and OP having a harder time tanking Orcus.
  • Options
    crymsonkyng#1923 crymsonkyng Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Should mention that some in the guild and alliance quit as well. I'm hopeful that the drop rate stays the same, with perhaps more BOE items. And for the love of God, BALANCE the classes. Even with an owlbear cub, gwf at same item levels/bondings will still kill me dps wise(they kill most others as well).
  • Options
    CNx6 and Demo x 1, I got the same old trash in 6 out of 7 runs, I think the results need to be consistently better. All three of the decent things I got in the good run are account bound, 1 was a death slaad I will try out on an alt, one was a belt of wisdom but I'm already running a valindra's belt, so I can't use it, the last was a sudden crit +5, which is a great ring, but it's replacing a +4 and I'll have to make a jewel kit for 100k + supplies for it.

At this rate I'd have to spend $3.00 a day on keys as I can't make more than one greater demonic per day, I can't really justify spending $100 a month on keys for this game. Whatever happened to the key price drop the devs stated when they first talked about this change? Forget the .50 cents off, I think they need to make it 20 keys for $3.00.
  • Options
    cortown715#2691 cortown715 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Screen shake turned off doesn't save.when starting the game again,its turned back on.
  • Options
    shadowprince#9366 shadowprince Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I cant justify spending money on this game anymore. I spent money on lvling my SW and they take 50% of my dps away. As a dps class its nice to get out dps by a gwf thats 1000 item lvl than you. This is with the owl bear too...im just about done and i think most pally and SW are done. Waiting for a balance would take months. Only thing justifiable is a CLASS reroll tbh...if u cant beat them join them. Heck ill instantly go gwf master race...
  • Options
    thegrimner#3435 thegrimner Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    lordmanik said:

I've only noticed one issue. I completed a normal dungeon and went to open a chest, but the key got consumed when I just wanted to check what's inside. I couldn't back out. So does the keys get consumed now on epic dungeons as well? I wanted to do epic to get an artifact, but I don't wanna waste my key. I won't be doing epics anymore, unless I can check what's in the chest before deciding to use my key.

I've also noticed that no one in my guild and alliance were on today. I think you scared them away.

I like that the keys are now in separate bag.

They called peeking a bug. So they "fixed" it. They said they'd do more loot and listen to our feedback. But when the preview version came, people noticed the drops were nowhere near good enough to make the change more fair. They said they were listening to that as well, just as they pushed those changes onto the PC, PS4 and XBOX live servers and completely going silent at the almost unanimously negative feedback.

They were not very honest, in conclusion.

• Options
    lordmaniklordmanik Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    Had fun these past few months with this game, now it's time to move on.
  • Options
    fatkidhatchets#8425 fatkidhatchets Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    I love the changes to paladin. Sooo powerful now! Like for real, I main a pally and these changes have been great.
  • Options
    fatkidhatchets#8425 fatkidhatchets Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    Oh and I love the new chest drops. Olks really have no idea how awesome yall have made the game.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Broke several areas of the game:

-Can't enter underwing
    -Lowbies cant enter some areas of Neverdeath
    -Keys consumed on chests that won't open (if the scoreboard pops up while you are about to open the chest - it eats you key and the chest becomes inoperable)
    -Opening both chests in a dungeon shows both chests having the same exact stuff in them - when you get to your inventory only one of each item is in there. Over 20 minutes later stuff appeared in my inventory - I can only assume it was from the other chest. Still missing the items from chest the second time this happened.
    -had to restart bryn shandar on three of my characters
    -Now would be a nice time to rethink how long it takes to make a key - if it takes 24 hours to get the daily quests to get the junk to make the key - it shouldn't take another 20 hours to make the key.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    fear#0647 fear Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    l have no idea why so many palys quit the game when they found out what changes were being done to their paly. I believed in my opinion that this Mod 10.5 update was a buff for my paly NoFear. It turned out to work in my favor but i had things backwards. I thought my PvP loadout was going to get a bigger buff compared to my PvE loadout. Its only been a few days so who knows what will happen on the upcoming days...?
    PS4 Characters

NoFear
    Fearious
    Britney Fears
    Fearless
    Fearing
    GlitchedFear
    Feared
  • Options
    homunculu#4524 homunculu Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    So, these are my numbers with mod 10.5:
    LANOLIN
    Lonelywood, 1hour farming, 18 encounters = 1 lanolin;
    Cold run, 1 hour farming, 12 encounters = 0 lanolin;

TURTLE MOULT
    1:15h famirng, 12 encounters = 0 turtles;
    1 hour farming, 8 encounters = 1 turtle;

MAP IN A BOTTLE
    2:30 farming, 10 bottles, half of them with fishes, 1 lanolin and some refinement stones.

IDK if ARC wants me to leave the game, because, thats probably what I'll do, every day I see more people leaving the game. I know mmorpgs r about farming, but fair farming, and not mindless and ridiculous farming. I'm a very active player, imagine players that can only play at weekends, or players with more then 1 char. I used to play others mmorpgs, and when a new mod cames out people that have been inactive use to come back, but in this game its the opposite, active players like me gets frustrated with the low dropping ratings and simple leave the game.
This discussion has been closed.