test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rothe Valley quest - boss is invisible

hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
I just did The Edge of the Underdark quest in Rothe valley and Prince Sarkon'Iss was completely invisible. He still had collision so I could bump into him, but I could neither see nor target him. I had to rely on my Quickling companion to take him down (good thing I didn't have a healer summoned!)

I also noticed earlier when I was doing the Cathedral of Madness quest in the Chasm that floor traps were repeatedly appearing and disappearing (the saw traps in the part where you fight the thief lieutenant. I wonder if the phenomena are related.
Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

Comments

• Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    I also had this happen (going through old deed quests with alts). Since it was a TR (and a level 70), I was able to drop smoke bomb repeatedly to kill him off, but new players or properly leveled characters would have a really hard time figuring out this quest. I thought it might be related to my older pc with old graphics card, but perhaps not.
  • Options
    ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    Speaking of a related and also slightly unrelated topic - I have the same problem in FBI. The red areas and my Hallowed Ground kept appearing and disappearing.. was a bit hard to dodge ice in the last boss that way and I end up just moving alot and dodging at random intervals when the boss seems like going to cast ice!
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @terramak I've seen at least one new player asking if this boss was supposed to be invisible. They also had to rely on their companion to kill him.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    In SVA, sometimes the manticores are invisible. By looking up at the ceiling and back down, they become visible. Don't know if it will work for you, but you can try it

• Options
    whithor#4503 whithor Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I had the same problem as hustin1 to kill Prince Sarkon'Iss, having as a companion a Battlefield Medic, being unable to kill the boss. But, I tried again using a Wayward Wizard of rank 25 as a companion and, after an exciting and hard combat, I was able to defeat him.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Preview patch notes include a fix for this bug.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia