test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

52 Master SVA runs in a row without a single Legendary lld mark.

promytheaspromytheas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
The title says is all.

The drop rate of this mark is less than 2% from my experience.

Did you miss a zero for it's dropping chance? It doesn't help if you put the zero in frond of the number .. just saying ...

Comments

• Options
    kallephi#0836 kallephi Member Posts: 281 Arc User

The title says is all.

Did you miss a zero for it's dropping chance? It doesn't help if you put the zero in frond of the number .. just saying ...

You running them without leaving the instance?
    Ly'saaera, Hellbringer Fury Scourge Warlock of Thieves World
    Hælja, Swordmaster Conqueror Guardian Fighter of Thieves World
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    The RNG has me thoroughly disgusted with this game. I joined during the 2nd closed beta on March 22, 2013 and have never received anything of significant value from a lockbox, :disappointed:

The grind for anything in this game is astronomical and has me completely exhausted. :tired_face:

I want the raid headpiece from FBI... but I've given up trying for it.

I want the legendary marks from Master Svardborg... but I've given up trying for them.

I want a couple +5 Underdark rings... but I've given up trying for them.

The fun has been drained from Neverwinter. It feels more like a job than a game these days.

I play games to have fun. If it's not fun. What is the point of playing it?

As most of you know, I spend almost all of my game time in zone chat and the Auction House. :smile: I find it more entertaining and fun than the game itself. Grinding in the game just makes me angrier the more I do it. Zone chat and the Auction House do not.
  • Options

The title says is all.

No i am talking about successfully completed runs, thus you leave the instance afterwards each time
  • Options
    Now the count is at 61 runs in a row without a Legendary lld mark ... This needs to be fixed!!!!
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User

Now the count is at 61 runs in a row without a Legendary lld mark ... This needs to be fixed!!!!

+1
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    I suspect they've made the drop rate of the legendary lld mark extremely low on purpose.

You see the brotherhood key (needed for the lld mark) is the only of the three keys that you are limited to one per day, by completing the daily quests. You can get the other two types of keys by completing heroics and by fishing, without any time restriction, its up to you how much you are willing to grind.

This is extremely important when we will no longer be able to save our keys by declining the contents of a chest. In other words in my case I would have spent over two months (60 brotherhood chest keys spent = 60 days of dailies) without a legendary lld mark to show for!!!

My only option would then be to buy tons of zen keys to open chests, unless I wanted to have a single chance of well below 2% each day to get one of the 30 legendary marks needed to upgrade your weapon-set to legendary.
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @ph33rm3
    *"The RNG has me thoroughly disgusted with this game. I joined during the 2nd closed beta on March 22, 2013 and have never received anything of significant value from a lockbox, :disappointed: "
    Hard to interpret this out of context. Itdepends on frequency of key use and definition of "significant value". Played since Mod 2 , maybe 30-60keys/month for 3 years (VIP included). Always got an occasional artifact , pet or mount of value. Suprised that you got nothing at all. Weird.
    *"The grind for anything in this game is astronomical and has me completely exhausted. :tired_face: I want the raid headpiece from FBI... but I've given up trying for it.I want the legendary marks from Master Svardborg... but I've given up trying for them."
    No argument about the scarcity of drops. But are we enjoying the content? Are we only running the content to get the reward? If so, there's no point.
    Suppose you got the raidpiece and all legendary marks today. Then what? Instant fun?

I wonder at what point enjoyment of the journey got lost. I have a vague memory of entering a dungeon just for the fun of an adventure and cooperating with teammates. If something nice drops from the chest, great. But I had a good time either way. Fun was not RNG dependent.

OP is correct that RNG drop rate is (generality) very low. Has our fun always been dependent on RNG?
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    @dread4moor you seem to have misunderstood my post. I still do Fangbreaker Island, Master Svardbord, Epic Demogorgon, Prophecy of Madness and other content the game offers. But I only do them for fun when the mood hits me. I have given up grinding them for the rewards. I have not given up playing them for fun.

Grinding content for a reward I am unlikely to ever see is NOT FUN.
    Playing content for fun and forgetting about the rewards is.

Now, when I do participate in the games content, I do it ONLY for fun and have no expectation of reward.

P.S.

Very little content in this game is fun right now. Most of the people I chat in-game with on a regular basis only participate in it because the almighty coffer requires it. Not because it is fun.
  • Options

@ph33rm3

*"The RNG has me thoroughly disgusted with this game. I joined during the 2nd closed beta on March 22, 2013 and have never received anything of significant value from a lockbox, :disappointed: "

Hard to interpret this out of context. Itdepends on frequency of key use and definition of "significant value". Played since Mod 2 , maybe 30-60keys/month for 3 years (VIP included). Always got an occasional artifact , pet or mount of value. Suprised that you got nothing at all. Weird.

*"The grind for anything in this game is astronomical and has me completely exhausted. :tired_face: I want the raid headpiece from FBI... but I've given up trying for it.I want the legendary marks from Master Svardborg... but I've given up trying for them."

No argument about the scarcity of drops. But are we enjoying the content? Are we only running the content to get the reward? If so, there's no point.

Suppose you got the raidpiece and all legendary marks today. Then what? Instant fun?

I wonder at what point enjoyment of the journey got lost. I have a vague memory of entering a dungeon just for the fun of an adventure and cooperating with teammates. If something nice drops from the chest, great. But I had a good time either way. Fun was not RNG dependent.

OP is correct that RNG drop rate is (generality) very low. Has our fun always been dependent on RNG?

Do you actually have fun repeating the same content hundreds of times? The fun diminishes over time by repeating the same content. Most people (myself included) wouldn't have fun repeating the same run over and over, you'd only run it if you are either helping a friend or aiming for a reward. I have heard several people declaring that they wont set foot back in SVA or FBI once the get what they are aiming for. Frankly it's sad but i can't blame them.
  • Options
    @promytheas "Do you actually have fun repeating the same content hundreds of times? The fun diminishes over time by repeating the same content."
    No, I do not. That was exactly the point. I would rather casually work through content and enjoy it.

That's how my friends and I felt about Mod2 and Mod 3. Dungeons were fun.

The rewards at the end were the icing, not the whole cake.
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I managed to get all my 30 marks in 6 days (farming 3-6 hours a day). I got kinda lucky on the last day when i first got mark nr 28 and then on the round after I got the last 2 i needed. :P

Only got one leg ring tho (wrong one ofc)

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    Needless to say that i still haven't gotten the legendary lld mark. I am hopping that the maintenance reset will fix the bug.

However from discussions I had with others I know that these marks do drop normally for other players, not surprisingly though the majority of these players have bought zen in the past and I have not ... coincidence? I wonder ...
  • Options
    Someday it may drop or it may not, I no longer care. I've lost interest in a game that I believe it probably has a rng system rigged against non zen buyers.

My only regret is that I've spent so much time in it creating two 4k+ characters and millions of ad in the bank. Ow well, better late than never.

I'll just be a casual player from now on. It was that simple ...
  • Options

The title says is all.

No i am talking about successfully completed runs, thus you leave the instance afterwards each time
    No.I ran around 190 msva, failed just once, I was never "forced" to leave the instance, I had to hit the door to leave the instance.

Anyway, if you are leaving the instance that's weird.

52 runs is insane. You could get the rewards from that Ild chest once to see if the drop changes.
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    I have absolutly no idea how the new artifact refinement works, never bothered in getting those weapons but what i did notice was that from lvl 59 to 60 the diference is minimal for the off hand assuming that your offhand doesn't directly affect your damage with weapon damage, so first of all refine the main weapon then ask yourself: "Why do i need a legendary off hand? Just for show off purposes or does it really have an impact?"

• Options
    edited December 2016

I have absolutly no idea how the new artifact refinement works, never bothered in getting those weapons but what i did notice was that from lvl 59 to 60 the diference is minimal for the off hand assuming that your offhand doesn't directly affect your damage with weapon damage, so first of all refine the main weapon then ask yourself: "Why do i need a legendary off hand? Just for show off purposes or does it really have an impact?"

Some people like to have the best available gear. Some people can't look at their gear realizing that they can get improved. Some people are perfectionists. I'm like that, other people are too, other people are different.
  • Options
    edited December 2016

The title says is all.

No.I ran around 190 msva, failed just once, I was never "forced" to leave the instance, I had to hit the door to leave the instance.

Anyway, if you are leaving the instance that's weird.

52 runs is insane. You could get the rewards from that Ild chest once to see if the drop changes.
    Currently it is actually 77 successful master sva runs in a row without a legendary lld mark drop. I had that thought too and took the contents of the chest about 10 times, just to test it, but still no drops.

However I no longer care about it. I want nothing to do with the RNG of this game anymore. Another very active NW player has moved on.
    Post edited by promytheas on
  • Options
    edited December 2016

I had that thought too and took the contents of the chest about 10 times, just to test it, but still no drops.

• Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Some people will say they ran 10 times and got all the marks they needed, others will say they ran something 500 times and are still not done. The RNG here is considered by almost everyone to be extremely streaky, even though the dev team won't admit it.

I don't think everyone should be able to get everything they want in 1 run. This game is designed with repetition in mind, due to short dungeon instances and skirmishes, so the drop rates have to be pretty rare in order to not give everyone everything too quickly. The problem is, that drop rate has to be some finely tuned due to the number of runs happening, that even a slight change makes something go from extremely rare to fairly common.

I think the simple solution is always to add seals or something to the loot, similar to what eDEMO does. You know that it will take a set number of Gold runs to get your twisted set - done. You could run MSVA a million times and not get what you need, because there is no finite barrier.

How about a simple solution: 5 Blue Marks can be converted into 1 Purple Mark. 5 Purple Marks into 1 Legendary. Numbers can be tweaked, but this seems like a fair trade off.

As far as Rings....if they were just a regular upgrade from 4 to 5, with a defense and offense slot, nobody would really care. The extra Offense slot is HUGE...and will make people run this content forever for them. Again, would it be that bad to be able to trade a legendary for a legendary token, and then say, 3 tokens allows you to legendary of your choice? Or to be able to turn in 5 +4 rings for a +5 version? Again, numbers arbitrarily dervied but....there needs to be a limit to the farm. Nobody should be running an instance 100+ times without getting SOMETHING of value...and since these dungeons provide VERY LITTLE of value without getting the big drop.....most runs end in getting NOTHING.....thats fun....
  • Options
    The count is at 83 runs in a row atm :P Lets see how far they are willing to take this joke
  • Options
    vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    Combining RNG with grind is a joke. The game is making us gamble our time for reward.

What happened to regular grind where you can plan how to achieve something?

RNG in grind is a farce, and should be stopped.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • Options
    @promytheas "I no longer care about it. I want nothing to do with the RNG of this game anymore. Another very active NW player has moved on."

K. So...

"I no longer care. I've lost interest in a game that I believe it probably has a rng system rigged against non zen buyers."

K. Respect for your conviction.

"My only regret is that I've spent so much time in it... Ow well, better late than never. I'll just be a casual player from now on. It was that simple ..."

K. We get it. RNG sucks and you quit. Noted.

"The count is at 83 runs in a row atm :P Lets see how far they are willing to take this joke"

Back so soon? You said you were quiting... 6 runs ago.

Look, bro, we ALL deal with the same RNG frustrations. Yours are not unique.

@oldbaldyone didn't just whine. He gave actual suggestions.

No hypocrisy. I'll give a suggestion:
    Allow end-campaign currency to be used to purchase the latest equipment upgrade materials. For example, maybe 4 Linu Favors per mark.

Now, do you have an original idea? A proposal? Or is this just a slow-motion "why I am leaving Neverwinter?"
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User

@promytheas "I no longer care about it. I want nothing to do with the RNG of this game anymore. Another very active NW player has moved on."

K. So...

"I no longer care. I've lost interest in a game that I believe it probably has a rng system rigged against non zen buyers."

"My only regret is that I've spent so much time in it... Ow well, better late than never. I'll just be a casual player from now on. It was that simple ..."

"The count is at 83 runs in a row atm :P Lets see how far they are willing to take this joke"

Allow end-campaign currency to be used to purchase the latest equipment upgrade materials. For example, maybe 4 Linu Favors per mark.

Now, do you have an original idea? A proposal? Or is this just a slow-motion "why I am leaving Neverwinter?"

Do not be mad at him , for being mad the RNG is so foolish .

Yes we all have the same RNG.
    In WoW you grind until you puke in order to get things like mounts , armor and weapons.
    The point is the hard grind that equals time and time equals money. Correct ?

I understand rolling a dice for getting a drop with 4 other players. And if you are lucky you will receive it.
    He is grinding and not receiving anything and have in mind it is not just 1 chest.
    It is 3 . Correct ?
    So the chances should be higher. Right ?
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options

K. So...

I didn't said I was quitting, don't be in such haste to flame, if you read what I wrote you'll see that I said "I'll just be a casual player from now on"
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    News update, the legendary lld mark finally did drop on the 84th run.

Is this good, for a player to have to go through a repetitive time-consuming non-fun process 83 times (it dropped on the 84th) without anything to so for for his/hers time and effort? This is a rhetorical question ... no need to answer ...

So the real question is: how do we fix the RNG?

Personally I would agree with people suggesting that luck should (if at all) be a minor variable of the equation that determines your rewards, or just reward us with exchangeable currency like seals. I'd rather have a steady progress than rely on luck. Keep the lottery for things such us the lockboxes etc
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Only 336 runs to go to have the 5 you need. :smile:
  • Options
    araneaxaraneax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 639 Arc User
    Yea...

No, thank you.

I am going to do it only if i am asked to help.

This is not worth my time or effort. It is stupid even more then getting an enchantment a freaking opal with 2 white ostorian relics in FBI and a salvage worth less then a white glyph. Please...

Are you freaking HAMSTER kidding me...
    d7d81448-df6b-48cf-94a0-cf1ba87d861a_zpsish6zr2v.jpg

• Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Currently over 50 successful runs and only one @ Ild Mark, 5 Stig, 8 Uvar.
  • Options
    dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

Currently over 50 successful runs and only one @ Ild Mark, 5 Stig, 8 Uvar.

I've probably run twice that, and I have 10 Ild, 4 Stig, and 4 Uvar haha. Guess I'm never getting legendary relic weps given the key changes they rushed out the door. God knows I'm not going to be fishing / zerging for hours just to get those last marks.