test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Solo Que??????

kaithedragonbornkaithedragonborn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
The NW DEVs stated that they are doing this god aweful SOLO que to get info about PVP, so I'm interested in what you DEVs have learned? Here is what I learned:

Combat HRs are way over powered. Just check how many kills they have versus other classes.

Executioner TR have way to much going for them with shocking execution and courage breaker, I mean holy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> courage breaker is aids.

GFs got nerfed? Can't tell they are still burst damageing the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of other classes, they are still doing way to much damage to be a "TANK" by definition.

GWFs are getting owned in SOLO que, I mean GWFs are quiting left and right, and NW DEVs you could at least mention the class is being worked on I mean give the PVP GWFs some kind of hope.......

CWs need a defense boost or a damage boost, just my opinion. I'm playing one and it's really awesome since giving up on the GWFs, but if the CWs had a bet more tankyness to them they would be doing better in the SOLO que CWs dealing combat traps plus GF is hell.

DCs are great although I would like to see the DC get a rework.

Pallies did great

SW did good in my opinion, they are broken with that curse <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but not the worse thing in DOM ATM but still did good.

Also learned that the SOLO is terrible, it's sniped by Premades and not a true SOLO que experience, due to queing up and having teammates who only what their daily AD and don't even wear gear, completely ruining DOM. DEVs I would love to see the results of your data collection our at least a breakdown of what you learned and how you plan on fixing or addressing any thing that you learned.

Comments

• Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    -Que syncing should be frowned upon and have a system where every time you play with a person on your team its less likely to put you on a team together. Hopefully with some kind of timer like at reset in the morning it resets.

-Apply a basic tenacity requirement of 2k. Which would easily be achieveable.

-As basically the last pvp gwf in the game it would be great to know what you have planned like kai is saying its pretty much me and a ton of pug GWFs that can't hit anything and that get 2 hit by everything in the game.

-Combat hrs are stupid. You can't buff every class by giving it piercing damage that was just a bad decision.

-Can you possibly make ONE MOD where the GF and TR arent the kings? Kind of tired seeing the same thing where they both can one hit you even if you are a maxed GWF at 3800 tenacity and 175k hp. C'mon thats not balanced.

Solo que is FUN though so I hope you keep it out or at least consider keeping it up permanetly I hate playing 5v5s because its boring and you don't want to let people down especially as a GWF or SW. Please let us know what you found out and what you plan on doing.

-Gwfs need a Buff (pretty much the last pvp GWF on xbox)
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Its funny how some of the people that complain about this syncing business will sync a whole team though. You can tell because its all people from their alliance all on their team at 6 AM in the morning US time. The hypocrisy is real.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    rschragerrschrager Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 59 Arc User
    As annoying as people queue synching to 'fool' the solo queue has been - and like anyone else who pvp's regularly, I've seen it 100 times - the only alternative I can think of adds time to the matching system, and I'm not sure I'd like that much more than I like encountering premades in a "solo queue". Right now, with a limited number of people pvp'ing, the matching system says 'need a tank, need a tank, need a tank... ah, there's a tank' and assigns him to the team. Instead, it would have to accumulate a much larger group of people until it had several of each class to choose from, randomize them in a way that was no longer 'first come, first serve', and then build teams. If you had 1000 people pvp'ing every night you wouldn't notice much of a difference (aside from a bunch of people cursing because their attempts to fool the system weren't working anymore), but with barely enough to keep 2 matches going simultaneously, getting matches started would take a major hit.
  • Options
    toporoktoporok Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    (DCs are great although I would like to see the DC get a rework.)

Faithful dcs are are way overpowered gift of faith needs a serious pvp nerf. Righteous Dcs are way underpowered right now, we can not kill any other class with equal gear or higher, our damage needs a serious boost I would gladly give up using astral shield if I could survive long enough to kill any decently geared pvp player, This weekend was great for testing out both AC and DO, neither made much difference in K/D ratio , I used combinations of every offensive encounter,nothing made a difference. Sitting in astral shield and hoping for help was the only way to kill geared players. I hope we get treated like the Ranger and Guardian fighter during our class balance
  • Options
    indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I didn't play solo Q this time around, but i will say it made the premade Q waaay better. It filters all the soloers into 1 playlist, while letting the 5 mans run into each other, creating some truly competitive matchs.

Solo q isn't perfect, maybe it would be better to name it a "Solo PvP Q" with all 3 gametypes rotating in randomly, this would cause the other game modes to feel less dead (looking at you siege)
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • Options
    nickjdowenickjdowe Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited December 2016

-Que syncing should be frowned upon and have a system where every time you play with a person on your team its less likely to put you on a team together. Hopefully with some kind of timer like at reset in the morning it resets.

-Apply a basic tenacity requirement of 2k. Which would easily be achieveable.

-As basically the last pvp gwf in the game it would be great to know what you have planned like kai is saying its pretty much me and a ton of pug GWFs that can't hit anything and that get 2 hit by everything in the game.

-Combat hrs are stupid. You can't buff every class by giving it piercing damage that was just a bad decision.

-Can you possibly make ONE MOD where the GF and TR arent the kings? Kind of tired seeing the same thing where they both can one hit you even if you are a maxed GWF at 3800 tenacity and 175k hp. C'mon thats not balanced.

Solo que is FUN though so I hope you keep it out or at least consider keeping it up permanetly I hate playing 5v5s because its boring and you don't want to let people down especially as a GWF or SW. Please let us know what you found out and what you plan on doing.

-Gwfs need a Buff (pretty much the last pvp GWF on xbox)

You're not the last one Trent.

*edit. I just wrote a paragraph here and all it posted was the first sentence..

Trent if you want to talk GWF hit me up on Xbox. I'm Botis Surgat.
  • Options
    nickjdowe said:

You're not the last one Trent.

*edit. I just wrote a paragraph here and all it posted was the first sentence..

Trent if you want to talk GWF hit me up on Xbox. I'm Botis Surgat.

Pretty much am though these days lol. there may be like 1 or 2 that I see everyonce in a while they basically all went rogue or hunter this mod which is so sad.

Q syncing solo que should be looked down upon. Dont play with them when the solo que goes away just to make a point... they could stop this is if they implemented some kind of system.

But the hypocrisy needs to stop. Don't claim you like to fight competitive games and look down on people that sync que then go and do it yourself it just makes you look bad. I only did it once to snipe a certain person back but after 2 games of syncing and not getting them because they got offline and ran away I broke it up, so I wouldn't kill the whole solo que pvp community.

It needs to be truly solo or just dont play. Stop trying to exploit. Stop being a loser.

-Gwfs need a Buff
  • Options
    The q synch is ridiculous and we all know who's doing it. Nothing we say will deter these people from doing it. Console is toxic, full of entitled little punks that would probably only reply with "u mad bro?" The same vile players that complain about how empty the PvP community is, and how the devs can't seem to get it right, are the same players who jump on every exploit, and in my opinion, share in the blame. It's really no different than any other MMO PvP, people will always look for the advantage. It's just that this game does a really HAMSTER job of patching these exploits quickly or taking proper measures to insure that they don't go live. If I were a conspiracy theorist I would say they do it on purpose to get all the whales to shift with each new exploit. If Not then I would think we'd all be using Feytouched/Negation/Elven Battles for 5 mods. There wouldn't have been a Bilethorn, Shadowclad, Terror, Plaguefire switch each update. In short, toxic players + inept game designs = poor solo q experience. We can argue all day on who should burn at the stake.
  • Options
    @clonkyo1

That video seems very informative and contributed greatly to the conversation of how Solo Q improves PvP for the solo player, aswell as premades. I look forward to more meaningful insights from B̶e̶t̶a̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ PC players such as yourself.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
  • Options
    @clonkyo1

My theory is the population on PC is so small you only see the same 10 people in dom. Also it sounds like some people took the extra time and effort to match up with their friends in solo q. Oh well it happens.

Console (yes i have a BiS char on Xb1 and PS4) is an entirely different situation and to be quite honest i never said that solo Q would improve the experience of PvP for solo players, i said it made it better for premades to find other 5 mans which is fun. Campfire games are boring :(
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
  • Options
    kaithedragonbornkaithedragonborn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    SOLO Que is BS can't wait to get back to running real dom. See you guys out there happy hunting.

- Kai The Wicked
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    "courage breaker is aids."
    I don't think anyone could describe it better, at all, ever.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    Oh ffs the reasoning was so simple. When soloQ is up mixedQ gets pretty much empty, which means that if you syncQ 2 premades in mixedQ during soloQ, they will 99% face each others.
    Basically, soloQ turns mixedQ into a premadevspremade queue. Which is what players like Lancer asked for.

So now i'm reading about how this time soloQ is plagued by syncQ troll groups that are, basically, premades created exploiting a flaw in current soloQ. Lol.

I have the screens of my match history on my HR during mixedQ and soloQ. Will post them. Basically i went from 20 games in a row vs some sort of premade and trade caps, to 50-50 win-loss and way more fight.

But i'm not surprised that the small PvP circle of PvP guilds is trying to exploit the hell out of soloQ to stomp there too.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Solo que isn't solo que if you sync que people. Dont pretend you dont do it certain person I know. hehehe. =D
  • Options

Solo que isn't solo que if you sync que people. Dont pretend you dont do it certain person I know. hehehe. =D

So as I've stated, I am against q sync. It's not what solo queue was supposed to be about. Having really harshly criticized players that abuse the solo queue, it has come to light that there's another reason groups are doing it. I was invited to a party where there was 10 players looking to have a randomized Dom match because it was more fun than making 2 groups of 5 man locked teams. Unfortunately, this only worked like 3 out of 5 times. It was fun, no one knew who would be on their team and soon as the match started you had to adapt. The other 2 games that didn't work out, actually did work out in the end because they landed in a match against 2 other guilds doing the same thing and it scrambled all of them up. Match went 1000-980. The only problem I see with this is that if you were a 2500 ilevel player and you landed in one of these matches... You were toast. Because these were all top tier PvP players dead set on fighting other top tier players.

With this new information, I still hate players that sync queue in order to pug stomp, but I won't paint them all with the same brush. In the end, the underlying issues are still the core issues that need to be resolved. It's not the fault of Solo Queue or even Queue Sync.. It's the huge difference between a BiS PvP player vs a PvP noob trying to get his gear so he can be competitive later. Domination can be very unforgiving to people just trying to get their feet wet in PvP.
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @clonkyo1

Once again you refer to the minority of players still on PC. On Xb1 and PS4, BiS players are quite bored with pugstomping and most Q in search of other competitive premades. Sorry your experience on PC has been less then ideal but you don't speak for the majority of the community, which unsurprisingly is found on consoles these days.

Also the leaderboards work, but only when Qing as 5 and playing an even amount of matches.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
  • Options
    @clonkyo1

I mean sure, leaderboards are pretty spiffy if you really care for your record. I'm 126-0 on Pg1 but if we had 10 great dom players online i'd gladly Q into eachother for some sweaty dom, but that's rarely the case for LGPG on ps4, however on xb1 they spend 80% of their time organizing inhouse 5v5s because the rest of the community hates the idea of a loss on their record, as you said.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Some players don't like the idea of facing premades because in mixedQ for most players it ends up in a no-contest that forces the teams to either trade caps or spawn-camp.
    Some players already stated that what's important is the chance for a team to fight back. Cause experience is built through FIGHTING. While "some players" already wrote that experience, for them, is built through "winning". Which makes no sense. You can win even in a cap.trade match.
    Some players also already explained, and said how it can be seen in-game, how on their non-BiS but geared main, they usually either stop fighting/attacking when facing low-gear toons, or just focus the more geared enemies, often more geared than them.
    Some players also already wrote how they soloQ on their low-gear/low-boons alts during the event.
    Some players, also based their arguments about balance on a "not my fault" when talking about premade pugstomping.
    Other players, tried to go beyond the "not my fault" and find a way to obtain better team balance.
    If premades on PC are so bored of stomping, they can better PMvsPM, as explained, when soloQ is up, just by going to mixedQ and syncQ there. For example, my GWF main didn't even set foot in the last 2 soloQ events (3 total so far). I tested the events on a 2.6kish HR with half boons. Facing 3k-4k toons. And it was fun, even if the last soloQ seemed less balanced, as many players noted. Because obviously, as stated other times, there are other issues too in PvP. But it was still better than soloQ, at least for my little HR.

Players supporting soloQ do so because it's something that can help improve PvP and may be bring back players.
    And the reason is that the difference between exped PvPers and normal players is more than just iLvL.
    PvP has, however, multiple issues. What soloQ supporters say is that, simply, soloQ takes away one of the issues.
    Some players based their "balance" arguments on the fact that, in their opinion, they are superior players with true knowledge and better experience. They say they are better then the rest of the players so it must be true.

But it's true that there are some players who are interested only in stomping other players. If the stomping does not come from gear gap and they can say it's not their fault ;-)

• Options
    @clonkyo1

No i think its relevant because i'm a real tryhard who enjoys competition, i have more than an average of 20 dom games under my belt :p

@pando83

I agree with most of that wall, especially with premades using mixedQ during solo Q to get better games.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited December 2016

The NW DEVs stated that they are doing this god aweful SOLO que to get info about PVP, so I'm interested in what you DEVs have learned? Here is what I learned:

Combat HRs are way over powered. Just check how many kills they have versus other classes.

Executioner TR have way to much going for them with shocking execution and courage breaker, I mean holy HAMSTER courage breaker is aids.

GFs got nerfed? Can't tell they are still burst damageing the HAMSTER out of other classes, they are still doing way to much damage to be a "TANK" by definition.

GWFs are getting owned in SOLO que, I mean GWFs are quiting left and right, and NW DEVs you could at least mention the class is being worked on I mean give the PVP GWFs some kind of hope.......

CWs need a defense boost or a damage boost, just my opinion. I'm playing one and it's really awesome since giving up on the GWFs, but if the CWs had a bet more tankyness to them they would be doing better in the SOLO que CWs dealing combat traps plus GF is hell.

DCs are great although I would like to see the DC get a rework.

Pallies did great

SW did good in my opinion, they are broken with that curse HAMSTER but not the worse thing in DOM ATM but still did good.

Also learned that the SOLO is terrible, it's sniped by Premades and not a true SOLO que experience, due to queing up and having teammates who only what their daily AD and don't even wear gear, completely ruining DOM. DEVs I would love to see the results of your data collection our at least a breakdown of what you learned and how you plan on fixing or addressing any thing that you learned.

What a load of tosh... I ran the solo queue every day for the 7 days it was on, for at least 4hrs at various points during each day. I did NOT once come across any type of pre-made. Also being in a large Alliance with 5 Guilds at Rank 20 I did not see any kind of chat/talk to even try to go in to solo with a pre-made.

In fact I fought and killed, also got killed, at the hands of various Guild Mates and Alliance members fairly often.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    davidagaldodavidagaldo Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    toporok said:

(DCs are great although I would like to see the DC get a rework.)

Faithful dcs are are way overpowered gift of faith needs a serious pvp nerf.

Are you trying to 1v1 the DC? I have not seen a DC last long with three 3.8K+ toons hammering at it. From what I've seen, each toon has an ability or rotation that sets it apart and paired in the right comp increases the difficulty to campfire the opponent(s). Can't win every solo que.

Guild: Spectrum
    .. Teucer (HR) / Maximus Decimus (DC) .. GT: ApexDemon
  • Options
    @wdj40

Thats because we play on console not PC. All the next level griefing takes place there, and surprisingly both the xb1 and ps4 communities have chilled out alot.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
  • Options
    crowdsourced#3904 crowdsourced Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    I learned that they need to solve the gear gap
  • Options
    @crowdsourced#3904

If u were BiS and everyone u played with/vs was BiS, what would be the real issues with PvP?

Its not the gear/boons :/
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR