test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Neverwinter Maintenance - Complete

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Neverwinter will undergo maintenance on 12/8 at 7AM PT for roughly two hours.

When is that in your timezone? Click Here!

Patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10303543-patch-notes:-nw.70.20161025a.15
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Lots of good fixes here. Uhm, I can't help but wonder about this though:

"Powers can no longer be swapped while on a khyek."

This is not a good change, and also seems rather pointless to me. I can't even see tiny bit of logic behind it. At all. I can change powers in combat, but not on a boat? Please.

So if I'm fishing, and decide to play a PvP match, I have to travle to shore to switch powers first, so I can be sure I'm not stuck at campfire for a portion of the fight for the first node, switching powers? QoL degrading much?
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    @nitocris83 - typically these posts are made sticky until the maintanence is done. This serves to ensure it's visible but also provides a visible place for you to provide updates should the maintanece need to be extended (normally don't as an edit rather than reply). Thx :)
  • Options
    ragnoir3ragnoir3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
    Thank you for the Timezone link Nitocris, appreciate it. However, the time of maintenance on the launcher still incorrectly states the UCT as 14h00 when it should be 15h00.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Absolution no longer resists Everfrost Damage.
    Bane now properly builds Action Points.
    Circle of Power now properly builds Action Points

Do they build divine energy? Do all Paladin abilities build de properly? Because all classes are practically swimming in action points but at certain encounter setups paladins end up with near zero divine energy generation.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    "Caer-Konig: New characters created via Knox's Adventurer Recruitment Order now start at the proper side of Caer-Konig."
    What about existing characters who travel there from outside of IWD? It's a minor bug but annoying.

Also you made some fixes to the queue system, but aren't addressing the broken invite function in context menus?

Also please please make it so that boats don't drain all of a DC's Divinity. Running dailies is challenging enough without having to start from scratch on each ice floe or ship.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    This is only posted on the PC side but the XBox servers are down too. Are the OP changes going to arrive on xbox?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    emilemo said:

Absolution no longer resists Everfrost Damage.
    Bane now properly builds Action Points.
    Circle of Power now properly builds Action Points

Do they build divine energy? Do all Paladin abilities build de properly? Because all classes are practically swimming in action points but at certain encounter setups paladins end up with near zero divine energy generation.

True, it's common to not take certain skill combinations due to the impact on Divine Call. I'd suggest they change it so DC is gained via taking damage too otherwise it's yet another reason to not use Sanctuary - but I suspect that'll get ignored too.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,098 Arc User
    pitshade said:

"Caer-Konig: New characters created via Knox's Adventurer Recruitment Order now start at the proper side of Caer-Konig."

What about existing characters who travel there from outside of IWD? It's a minor bug but annoying.

I much prefer starting at the travel gate rather than the dock.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,233 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    greywynd said:

pitshade said:

I much prefer starting at the travel gate rather than the dock.
    Same here. I consider that as an improvement instead of a bug. Although it may not make much sense to the story line, I prefer that for the game play.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    aftershafteraftershafter Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    So, a month now with the Earth Weapon set bonus not working... Will the fix be a Christmas present for us, at least? ;)
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    A bug-fix only patch... so don't say it never happens people. Even if it's never enough for you :expressionless:
  • Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User

A bug-fix only patch... so don't say it never happens people. Even if it's never enough for you :expressionless:

I agree that this is a good start. They only have 100000000 more bugs to squash, so I'm pretty sure that they will jump right on it with another bugfix patch next week or sooner. :D