test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Neverwinter Team Would Like YOUR Feedback

nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
said the email with a survey button.

Hey, they really are interested I thought.

Yeah, interested in how to sell more lockboxes it seems as that's the only thing the survey asked about.

Sigh.

Comments

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    lol..

you thought they cared about anything else?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Ok, so I checked if I got this survey, and I had, and I answered it as sincerely as I was able, but it lacked adequate space to express some other feedback I consider important with regard to the almighty lockbox, assuming we take the stance that they are a necessary evil or whatever.

A ) Don't EVER charge your customers a dollar and give them something in return as completely worthless and useless as the Symbol of the Cults, EVER. Even the trashiest of trash vouchers or relics or profession junk or low-value runes has a use, even if the return on your key is pretty bad. But something that you might as well immediately discard? Total BS. Weapon transmutes were almost as bad, particularly since so many of the elemental ones are unforgivably fugly.

B ) Legendary profession tools might as well not exist, for all the good they've done players. Don't tout something from a lockbox as a QoL improvement if it might as well never have been implemented for all practical purposes.

With regard to the question of whether lockbox contents have gotten more or less exciting over time, there was nowhere to elaborate on WHY someone would feel this way. I said they had stayed the same, and this is because interest in the grand prizes is highly individualistic. I don't like the manticores and would be happy to never see one again, but I might feel very differently about the next thing. I really did love the lions. Improving the lesser prizes like companion and profession packs has been a welcome change, but... I can't really say it's "exciting". A profession pack is still a ho-hum profession pack, even if it does have better drops in it than the profession pack you got in a Feywild box.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    I haven't gotten this survey yet, maybe it will come to me at some point later on. Can't imagine they're going to get much positive feedback on lockboxes though. Would love to know - like with the PvP tests - what their methodology is for this survey. Did they just dream up some questions, or did they have an actual methodology? That is - what is the actual question they want to answer? I'd asked @panderus this about the Solo Queue tests, but he never actually gave a straight answer, so I'm sure we won't get one about an emailed survey. It really feels like they don't actually have any overall methodology to anything, that instead they just sort of do stuff as they think of it. As if the whole company has no long-term memory...
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Anything but the Ostorian Relic boxes, though I know a guildie got the Symbol of the Elements before I returned. So anything but that and the Relics.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    LOL collect all of them? I'm still using the EE set :). And you know what? I don't feel like I'm lagging behind at all.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Well, haven't seen any survey email either, wondering if they have a certain procedure on how to pick their test subjects...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i am sure they picked brown-noseds yes men folks.
  • Options
    litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    wylonus said:

You live to hate people, places and things, don't you?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Typically, email blast systems allow you to do segmentations based on a lot of criteria. In this case, I would guess it's one of two things. I'll say now, it's unlikely they cherry picked recipients - this is a company that allows bugs to reach production that disconnect everyone in an instance when one person turns on a quest and can't be bothered to update boilerplate that mentions the Gateway.......

So, 1: geographical. In particular, if there is some privacy or data protection rules that make sending a survey to a user in a particular country questionable, they might segment out that or those countries.

2: random sub-segments. This is when they set their overal segmentation, remove blocked users (opt-outs, hard bounces, etc) then apply a random cut - say... 20% and send only to that group. They might do this because they didn't want to send 1 million emails, but 200k seemed more reasonable (or less costly depending on their provider and contract).

Anyway, no- you can safely bet it's not sent to personally identified individuals. You are not a unique snowflake, but rather you are mearly a collection of metadata. :smile:
  • Options
    doctorhiggsdoctorhiggs Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    black friday sale 2016 was great, lot of great stuff esp coales. wards. i read 6 month vip used to be 50% off and this year it was 40% off, still a good offer. a agree with the pessimitic views on lockboxes. on youtube, someone opened a thousand lock boxes. and not one of them had a legendary mount. that's really bad odds. i wish they would publish the odds of getting legendary, epic, rare,... with those lock boxes. also those percentages to upgrade an enchantment or item seems wrong. i went through a lot of preservation wards to upgrade sometimes. any one else had that problem?
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    The survey says....

My issue is how anti-social this social game has been. I try to talk to people in chat and cannot because they are "chat locked". I do a LOT of giveaways to new players in this game. Without being able to identify who is actually a new player or a botter it is very difficult without the ability to simply TALK to them. Most send back positive comments. From the simple Thank you to the more often now, Why did I get this stuff from you? It is great but I don't understand. I assume some might not speak English and have even more difficulties.

Before someone tells me it is simple task to unlock chat. No it is not simple. You will have completed Helm's Hold or Neverdeath Graveyard and your first character in the game will be a messed up level 30ish who wasn't able to ask about artifacts, builds, quests, etc.. Even if they are accepted by a guild they cannot use Guild Chat either. How more messed up does this social game have to get?

wb-cenders.gif
  • Options
    Litaaer, no i dont hate anyone except spammers and scammers, i am just being humorous, not really target anyone, if anyone bothers or insulting, i just ignore them. we all need a good laugh once in awhile, it is a good medicine for our tired souls.
    i love to travel to exotic locations and try local cafe if i am rich.

sandu, i feel your concerns too, programmers but double-edged for newer players to put up with no-contact until late levels until too late for advices or get mentorship just to prevent botter/seller spams. they are losing no matter how much effort they did.
    they just get new free account to reroll throw aways or burn accounts, and very rarely often use stolen accounts.
  • Options
    blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    wylonus said:

Well, I got the survey, and I am none of those things.

I clicked on it, tried to answer the questions, and honestly couldn't finish it with any good conscience. Which lockbox did I find the most exciting? Uh...none of them. Which did I like the least? Definitely the one that gave me a collection of Symbol of the Cults. I mean, really - I get my vip key each day, prior to that I think I once purchased a ring of keys on a 40 or 50% off sale. I don't get excited about lock boxes. Any answers to any of these questions would lead them to point to their statistics and say "See, x% of our players are excited about insert lockbox name. Let's do more of those!"

I hate leading questions that use terms like "excited" and "look forward to" as part of the question. If it were a true survey, the questions would have been more specific - such as "Were you 1. excited 2. neutral 3. unhappy to see named lockbox offered?" This was purely "Which one were you most excited to see? Least excited to see? Why?" Bah, Humbug!
  • Options
    i just got survey too, not much options either, not much to give them details.

lol, please dont take my previous quote seriously about brown-noses, it sound funny. if you seen it and read it, just laugh and move on, or would you rather read boring posts?
  • Options
    sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Havn't had this survey either but it's interesting to see them trying to potentially improve on something that gives everyone a headache.

That said, somehow I doubt this survey is going to help the players in any tangible way - they're looking for more ways to get us to part with money for a chance (very very small chance) at a nice item.

I'm one of those silly people who spends regularly on lockboxes (its my only gambling fix) and I've heard some people suggesting the chance of a legendary item is something like 0.02% - from my own experience I believe this isn't far off the actual chance mark.

I suppose we shall see what changes, if any, they implement where the lockboxes are concerned.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric