test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I wonder if . . .

silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
edited December 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Those players that paid millions of AD for the Sgt. Knox companion are still playing? I've never seen one in-game so I'm assuming that they've either quit or were collectors. Wasn't the top bid something crazy like ~30million AD?
I aim to misbehave

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I didn't follow the bidding beyond mild curiosity so I do not remember what they went for. I know that someone official (don't recall who) mentioned it was an experiment in removing AD from the economy but not as successful as they'd hoped. Duh. Most moneybagses aren't going to be parted from their AD for anything that doesn't give them MOAR POWER. A vanity companion with a garbage active bonus wasn't going to cut it, especially not in the era of the augment when this ran.

But... I HAVE seen somebody with it summoned, at the winter event one time. I have no identifying details, but they were fairly obviously a player more interested in collecting companions than getting equipment, because I recall their gear was horrible. Either that or it was an auction alt and their plan to make a fortune via resale of Knox backfired.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Pity the people who won Mako never actually used him. I'd have him out even if bondings got removed.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    This is the original announcement for those that can't remember or weren't here at the time:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7003513-event-preview-rhix's-bargains:-sergeant-knox
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    From a collector's standpoint - It would be really nice if there was a way of completing the collection. Too many promos or limited release that have not returned makes it almost impossible to get these.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    silence1x said:

Those players that paid millions of AD for the Sgt. Knox companion are still playing? I've never seen one in-game so I'm assuming that they've either quit or were collectors. Wasn't the top bid something crazy like ~30million AD?

I know who made that top bid, haven't seen him in the game for a year or so I think. (Not on my friends list, but I used to see him around)
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    If they want to sink AD out of the economy they should put a 50% off sale on all items in the wonderous bizzare and let it run for 3 months along side monthly 2x rune/enchant and 2x RP weekends.
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    kvet said:

If they want to sink AD out of the economy they should put a 50% off sale on all items in the wonderous bizzare and let it run for 3 months along side monthly 2x rune/enchant and 2x RP weekends.

They might need to stop VIP from getting the additional 25% off for Rank 12's.... though I sure wouldn't mind a 75% discount on SMoP's! :)

@samaka#2511
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10287833

maybe they bring an equal system for nwo.
    it would be an ad sink and people would have a chance to catch up on old promotional items. (and rant about crappy rng)
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    They'd need to add a 0 since AD is much easier to obtain, but yes they should definitely do that.

On the VIP thing. Yes - it would also allow people to feel they got their money's worth for VIP. Many will buy SMoPs for sale later, the long term effect will be drastically lower refinement cost for not just 3 months, but likely another month after the sale ends until the excess smops work their way out of the system. This will make players HAPPY. (Which perhaps is the one reason they won't do something like that)
  • Options
    l0th4ri0l0th4ri0 Member Posts: 589 Arc User
    kvet said:

This will make players HAPPY. (Which perhaps is the one reason they won't do something like that)

In the words of the Canadian Minister of Mobile Gaming: "Nonono! The game has to be 'just barely fun', that way the players can pay you to make it MORE fun!"