test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is there anything useful I buy with Alliance Supplies?

I got my first Alliance Supplies today and checked out the Gauntlgrym Supplier Dwarf. It seems he only sell level 1 equipment. I bought one dagger and sure enough, it is useless. I don't understand the point of selling daggers that do 12-15 points of damage at that level.

Comments

• Options
    spainchaud#6210 spainchaud Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    OK. So in theory what I have is not totally useless. From that post, I still have no idea how to use it. I have been playing this game for only 2 weeks. I have found a lot of stuff in this game that is not very intuitive. This is one of them.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    In the menu options of your gear, "change appearance" is one of them, which allows you to pull up an interface to make your gear look like something else so you can customize your look.

Often, this is not a priority for new players who are more concerned with getting good gear in the first place.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mattsacremattsacre Member Posts: 330 Arc User
    Transmutes are "free" appearance changes. You click the item the transmute refers to (dagger? then click your dagger on character sheet), choose the item "appearance" and drop the transmute into the slot. Preview it! If you like the new look then accept it. Now that will be whatever you changed's new skin you loose its look when you change to a new upgrade in gear. If you want to change somethings look without a transmute, it isn't "free" it costs a item you want to change the look from /AD to change it to that items look. The higher the items, level, the greater AD cost.

Most players don't worry about the transmutes because they are constantly upgrading their gear as they lvl and thus losing the old look/transmute at upgrade. Transmutes are usually end game player things, since they are going to retain that gear for quite some time.

Oh and the "stats" on the transmute? Ignore them, they don't add or subtract dmg or anything to the changed thing, it's just a item skin change.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    mattsacre said:

Transmutes are "free" appearance changes.

the transmutes in this maze engine campaign store are not 'free' transmutes.. they will set you back 5k ad for each piece you change

that is 20k ad to change the 4 bits of your armor to look like the set you buy from the store..

'free' transmutes will say so on the tooltip
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    spainchaud#6210 spainchaud Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Thanks guys.

I never care about the looks, especially daggers. They are either on your belt, or moving too fast to see.
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,095 Arc User
    Say that about the Dragon Bone Swirl and Whirl.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.