test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's too bad Zen Store sale was turned off an hour early

xz8xxz8x Member Posts: 9 Arc User
You missed out on tons and tons of last minute zen purchases from PSN like mine and several of my guild mates'.

Checked the zen market real quick to see how much zen I should buy and discovered the 40% off was gone.

Not purchasing zen now. You might even say it was canceled 3-4 hours early if you could server down and maintenance...

Comments

• zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    I would swear I looked at it and it was still up a half hour before 10PST. It was definitely still up after maintenance.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    We were able to look at the code and it seems that the sale triggered ON an hour early which means that it also triggered OFF an hour early. We believe the culprit may be daylight savings time but since we aren't positive, we don't want to turn the sale back on in case it shuts down again unexpectedly (I would rather avoid riots during my first couple weeks here!)
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Nevermind. Retracted :)
    Post edited by oldbaldyone on
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Experience has taught PC and XBox players that events often have problems toward the end and it's usually best to not wait.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • xz8xxz8x Member Posts: 9 Arc User

We were able to look at the code and it seems that the sale triggered ON an hour early which means that it also triggered OFF an hour early. We believe the culprit may be daylight savings time but since we aren't positive, we don't want to turn the sale back on in case it shuts down again unexpectedly (I would rather avoid riots during my first couple weeks here!)

Hi Julia, glad to hear you found the bug at least. Didn't mean to come off rude with this post if I did. I was just disappointed. I worked a pretty laborious (Christmas tree lot) 40-hour Friday through Monday shift and only had a little time here and there to even enjoy the event. At nights I found myself falling asleep while playing multiple times so most of my in game time was spent using my RP stuff and leveling my gear and selling stuff on the market. Set my alarm and everything for an hour before the end of the sale so I could buy some zen and use it in the store. I was doing some quick window shopping before I bought the Zen and discovered there was no more discount.

Spent most of what I made during this event in crafting 4 QM r9s and 1 QM r10 for my girlfriend and I. She's a farming machine and had like almost 200 QM bags which we were able to open with 10.5% before the event finished for her and her 3 artifacts are at epic or legendary now. She was also able to use the r6s rewarded from those to get a bunch of my r7s and r8 enchants ready to upgrade so I guess all is not lost. I'm kind of rambling here now but I was really looking forward to buying some Zen for the store sale after such a long and exhausting week.

Not much you guys can do obviously without risking hours of downtown if it crashed.

Honestly though just some in-game mail to acknowledge and apologize for it would go far. Throw in a bound item (mark of potency or greater mark of potency) and I'm sure the fervor would die down quick. That's more or less m just me back-seat CMing though so take it for what it's worth.
  • foundverdict#2141 foundverdict Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Indeed it was turned on hour early and turned off an hour early, but how long were the servers down DURING the event? I planned to purchase some things in the morning before I left for my day duties, but nope, lost the opportunity. Note that this was four hours before the event was told to be ended. I bought zen from the exchange at a higher price last night in order to accomplish this. Isn't this the slightest bit unfair?