test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Devoted Cleric encounters not casting

Recently, I've done a respec on my DC following this build:

http://mmominds.com/2016/07/20/jareks-ac-righteous-pve-mod-10a10b-guide/

After I respec'ed to this build, I can no longer cast or "use" the following encounters: Divine Glow, Astral Shield, Daunting Light, Chains of Blazing Light, Sun Burst and - the big heal for a cleric - Bastion of Health.

I have gone into the pvp area in Protector's Enclave and used the dummies. While there, I slotted each of the above into the 'Q', 'E', & 'R' slots and was unable to get any of them to activate in any slot. Additionally, as you'll see in the images below, they have all become 'Personal' rather than ranged (as they should all be ranged for a Cleric). Furthermore, in one of the images below, you'll see that I can get Bastion of Health to appear, but only as a background image. It only showed up after I activated it and then brought up my character sheet.

I was told by the email support to place this information here so you can help me. As of right now, I have a broken cleric that is useless for nearly everything and a speedy answer/fix would be appreciated.

Just call me Enna...
Enna Backpetal Cleric
Enna F Backpetal Fighter

Twitch Me Baby One More Time

Comments

• Options
    heroinhero#9562 heroinhero Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Not related to clerics, but I made a post a few days ago with a similar problem with my Ranger.
    The skill Rain of Arrows does ont work at all.
    And a friend of mine who plays on the PS4, says that he has seen a few ppl saying the same. (on the PS4)
  • Options
    zhili666zhili666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    I have this exact problem on my DC also. A fix would be nice.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @panderus @terramak

No idea what's going on with affected characters, but a very serious problem.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    st0nef1ngerst0nef1nger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I believe this is similar to what I posted about on my CW here. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1225165/control-wizard-targeting-bug It appears that ranged AOE spells have been bugged. I also noted that my Bruenor's helm artifact (another targeted AOE) can't be targeted and therefore can't be used.
  • Options
    Question to the OP, do you have some encounters that can cast normally? What about your dailies?

The reasoning behind this question is that you said you recently respecced, and you are having problems with more powers than others have reported.

The report about Maelstrom of Chaos references adding a pip to it.

My conjecture is that the bug is possibly tied to assigning power points in some way, so players who have not respecced recently or assigned power points to a power they use a lot would not be affected or not have noticed. Just an idea though, without more information.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2016
    Nice cross-link to the Control Wizard power, that does seem similar / relevant to this issue. Great screenshot suite in this report, as well as the description of how this state was reached and the functionality / symptoms of the issue once it's active.

I don't have an immediate hypothesis or recommendations for how to work around the issue, but off the top of my head, this could signal an issue with the respec system or the keybind system (the factor that makes me think that is "The targeting reticle on targeted AoE powers shows up while in Cursor mode"). In the latter case, there's a remote possibility that the build currently on the Preview shard could address the issue, but I'm not sure how probable it is.

We'll look into the issue. Thank you!
  • Options
    backpetal#6044 backpetal Member Posts: 16 Arc User

Question to the OP, do you have some encounters that can cast normally? What about your dailies?..

All other encounters work normally. Dailies are fine as well.

DEVELOPERS:

I have respec'ed again. I decided to add points slowly and see where/when the problem started. After adding a point to Sun Burst, I tried it on the dummies and no luck, it would not cast. The same for Chains of Blazing light with having used only 10 points total (other points in Encounters/Class Skills/Dailies that are known to already work). I hope this helps you resolve the problem quickly because my Cleric is useless at the moment. Thanks!
    Just call me Enna...
    Enna Backpetal Cleric
    Enna F Backpetal Fighter

• Options
    zhili666zhili666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    Well, today's patch didn't fix this problem. My DC is useless at the minute due to this bug.
  • Options
    Another thread that might be about a related issue, but without helpful details

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1225365/is-mighty-leap-broken

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    We looked at this character and found that it's totally true - your ground-targeted AOEs aren't working at all. It seems to have something to do with respeccing. We haven't worked out the exact problem, but we're looking into it. One of the QA folks noticed that the powers started working again after resetting keybinds to default. Can you give that a try to see if it fixes your character while we look into the root cause?
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    miasmat said:

We looked at this character and found that it's totally true - your ground-targeted AOEs aren't working at all. It seems to have something to do with respeccing. We haven't worked out the exact problem, but we're looking into it. One of the QA folks noticed that the powers started working again after resetting keybinds to default. Can you give that a try to see if it fixes your character while we look into the root cause?

what about the char getting stunned or getting max stack on edemo and the ecounters go grey intead of appearing locked with chains over them? have u fixed that @miasmat
  • Options
    backpetal#6044 backpetal Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    miasmat said:

Genius. ALL encounters are working properly now. Thank YOU! Give the QA person a big pat on the back for me :)

Enna

Just call me Enna...
    Enna Backpetal Cleric
    Enna F Backpetal Fighter

• Options
    st0nef1ngerst0nef1nger Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I can also confirm that this fix works for my CW. Thanks so much.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,462 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I just ran into the same problem on my HR, and I didn't respec. I didn't change my character in any way. I can attack in melee mode, but none of my ranged attacks are working. As above, my targeting areas (RoA, Cordon, Thorn Ward) only appear if I press Alt to go into cursor mode.

I did notice two other strange things: when it happened, my screen shake strangely turned back on (I keep it turned off), and my "double-tap to roll/sprint" turned off. Did you guys recently change the internal keybinds structure? It's almost as if it's a struct misalignment issue.

Oh, one other thing: holding down the mouse button isn't repeating my attacks anymore. Maybe that will also help track it down.

A-ha. I managed to fix it by clicking "Load UI" (I keep my UI settings saved just in case).
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    My Astral Shield sometimes appears but most of the time dissapears when i put it down, especially in heavy combat. Not sure if it is actually working or not.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    tantalictantalic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 8 Arc User
    My divine oracle did epic svardbord quite a few times and at a certain point many of the slotted powers bugged and can no longer be used. These include astral shield, bastion of health, daunting light, divine glow and divine armor. These powers no longer work in any slot. If I select other powers that I have enabled I can use them in those slots so it is not a keyboard issue. For example of I pick healing word in slot Q it works just fine but if I put bastion of health in slot Q, E, or R it doesn't work. Please take a look at this as it has severely affected my gameplay. I have also done a respect, reload and file checks and it didn't fix it. Radiance@tantalic In addition sir my other alts are not affected at all and I have a CW that has done epic svardborg quite a few times with no issues.
  • Options
    mandrake#9558 mandrake Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    this problem when you use /bind ctlr+q ... ctlr+e ... ctlr+r ...
    reset your keybind to defaults