Options

no fbi no svarldblog

Comments

• Options
    spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    tom#6998 said:

btw arent u busy with guild stuff?^^

Jipp. Like you with your 5k ZEN GWF :D ( Just kidding).
    TBH: I really dont know what you mean with that "guild stuff". The guild where my main is gives me a nice place to play. Really dont know what you mean. Atm i´m more in "grind stuff" for new weapons and to prepare my GWF when cryp decides to nerf ( Sry..i mean rework..) this class. Why do you ask? Wanna help me in that "guild stuff"? And....erm...i think this is a bit to OT, dont you think?
    So. If you got any questions about "guild stuff" or you wanna help me in that "guild stuff" --> feel free tp PN me o:)
    Post edited by spideymt on

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    lfg works somehow with certain classes. My main is a 4k renegade CW. I have a 3.5k AC righteous DC and a 3.3k GF as alts. I could run dungeons 24/7 with the DC, less with the GF and I have to search for groups with the CW.

Some ppl complained, that I unlocked FBI and Sva with my CW, not with my DC. Everybody and his mom play DDs. Well geared and build DCs are the class in high demand right now.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Trying to post some advice here, but keep getting "message need to be approved" error. @ironzerg79 what's that about?
    I had a link to legit in there, could that be it?
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @spideymt what platform are you playing on?
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

@spideymt what platform are you playing on?

PC. I think your guild is playing on XBox. Am i right?

• Options
    Yeah shame that, we often have alliance members forming FBI groups in chat.

• Options
    Ok, I thought you were expecting others to start groups for you, as there seem to be a lot of those around. Sorry about that. :)

To answer your question, I have absolutely no idea when /lfg is best used for FBI runs, as I don't use it, mostly because whenever I see some idiot ask for 3k's for MC, I want to throw bricks at my computer so I can be spared from idiocracy.

However, check out http://nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com

If the usual ridiculously heightened demands in item level is why people won't respond to your request, this group of people might make life a little easier for you.
    It is not a perfect community, but it saved me from quitting the game for good in mod 4 or 5.

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Mr. @forumnamesuxs Looks like something happened and your post was submitted four times in rapid succession, so the spam filter caught it. Please let me know if everything looks good now.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    @ironzerg79
    Thanks!

• Options
    armadeonx said:

Yeah shame that, we often have alliance members forming FBI groups in chat.

Thx for this nice offer, but i dont need to form a grp in PE for FBI. I just wanted to say, that i very rarely see some one who trys that. I never had problems to run FBI ( or now SBH). But i can understand if someone cant finish FBI. It isnt that easy if you dont got a good guild/FL.

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    asterotg said:

lfg works somehow with certain classes. My main is a 4k renegade CW. I have a 3.5k AC righteous DC and a 3.3k GF as alts. I could run dungeons 24/7 with the DC, less with the GF and I have to search for groups with the CW.

Some ppl complained, that I unlocked FBI and Sva with my CW, not with my DC. Everybody and his mom play DDs. Well geared and build DCs are the class in high demand right now.

As a DC- I can say that it's probably because this mod is incredibly punishing to support classes, especially DCs who aren't spec'd for damage to be able to complete the dailies and finish everything without a massive feeling of frustration. GG on the damage dealers who wanted more difficult content in open world pve. Where does that leave healers who you now need?

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    Hence the need for dual speccing to be introduced

• Options
    devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    asterotg said:

For what it's worth, as a DC, my ideal group would ALWAYS include a CW. I'm honestly surprised you dont have an easier time finding groups as a CW then a DC, especially at the higher ilvl spectrum
  • Options
    tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User

asterotg said:

For what it's worth, as a DC, my ideal group would ALWAYS include a CW. I'm honestly surprised you dont have an easier time finding groups as a CW then a DC, especially at the higher ilvl spectrum
    you are talking about mof? its pretty handy in an endgamegroup but "ALWAYS" include? isnt that a bit exaggerated.
  • Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2016

asterotg said:

As a DC- I can say that it's probably because this mod is incredibly punishing to support classes, especially DCs who aren't spec'd for damage to be able to complete the dailies and finish everything without a massive feeling of frustration. GG on the damage dealers who wanted more difficult content in open world pve. Where does that leave healers who you now need?

It's not as easy topic.
    First of all: FBI.
    Many players don't see a lot of lfg activity for FBI in "common" channel like at PE. On the other hand, 3k+ dedicated channels are quite active to arrange groups to run that dungeon. As a DC I often receive request from my friend list to run it to the point that I've all 4+4 variations of the relic set (only restored the restoration set).
    As a suggestion, I recommend a stepwise approach: go 3.1K and then join some of these 3k+ channels, usually they don't have strict requirements. When you're there, you manage and improve your friend list accordingly.
    In my experience, I can tell that, when possible, I prefer to run it with groups that prefer to focus on interactions instead of brutal dps. My best run was with a buff DC+GF/OP +MoF CW + 2 DPS.

Concerning SVA: it has a 2.8k+ IL requirement to enter the normal one. You go there mainly to collect the new marks as it drops the blue marks and occasionally the epic marks. That means that it's possibile to upgrade the new set up to epic running nSVA. At epic (and not at legendary), the new set has all the enchantment slots unlocked and, generally speaking, it outperforms the previous sets (it may not be true for some specialized build/setup).

That been said, the real wall is given by the lanolins and the dragon turtle moults under the assumption that:
    - you hate grinding this module, but the perspective to have the new set/gear is strong enough to swallow the bad pill.
    - Artificing profession is already at level 25
    - You fish a lot for maps, you do your daily quests, you run some HEs to have at least one key for each of the 3 raid chests every day. In few words it requires a strong commitment in a overall structure of the module that many times it's not fun: motivation is hard to find and it's def. understandable.

Concerning the support classes, I see that they are requested a lot to run both nSVA/mSVA: just check the zone chat at SoMI map or your dedicated channels. Finding DCs/Tanks can be a hard task.
    The new raid is a proof of how unbalanced the distribution of the classes is in NW which is a result coming from the history of this game: I'm overloaded with requests to run whatever to the point that it was easy enough for me to collect all I need for this module.
    DPS classes are strugling more to find good groups because the mSVA mechanic is not trivial and this will be more visible when AA is fixed: brutal DPS will not be enough, while good coordination and many featuers from many classes will be needed to be succesful. Paradoxically this is a new scenario for NW where we spent the last years focusing on DPS and buff.
    For this reason mSVA requires strong healers if I look at the overall mechanic of the raid: without considering the current AA bug , imo at least two DCs are needed as a minimum,1 healer and 1 buffer and lot of mitigation.
    Furthermore the new set can improve a lot the quality of life for pure healer builds.

Finally there are a few options for this module: skip it or take it.
    There's a third approach: farm lanolins and moults to make AD for the future, even if you don't care about the rewards. Yesterday evening on PC, lanolins were at ~37k AD each and moults at ~80k each, meaning that there's a strong demand.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    Im dissapointed about svardborg...i dont think this is a real challenge...i thought it would be really tough. The only "tough" thing in svardborg is the enermous lag...
    Maybe its getting harder if AA is fixed. I hope so.

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

asterotg said:

My guild, my alliance and some channels I joined are farming SVH. This weekend I did some 20+ runs with my CW, one superior mark. While I was busy spending Zen and upgrading gear most of the time, I read the chats and listened in TS.

One friend was in a group of 9 ppl waiting for more then a hour to find a second DC. DDs are so desperate now, that they advertise their char like 'lfg mSVH classXY 4,2k IL with full R12 bondings. Super high dps, ask my mom. And cute to. I can sing and dance and am the center of fun at every party'.^^ Kidding somehow, but if I would have played a drinking game with a shot for every 'mSVH X/10 lfym need yAA-DC/s', I would have been drunk after 30 minutes.

BTW could someone explain the mentality behind '8/10 lf2m AA-righteous DCs min 3.8k IL'. Beggars cant be choosers. Even if you could choose, my DC has R12s in every offense slot, legendary gear, mystic artifacts, t.dread and all the stuff doing zero for IL (R12 bondings, mounts etc) and has 3.6k IL now. Should we slot R12s in support slots and get this stupid reinforcement kits (8x35= 280) IL, to make some ppl happy?
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    I give a Hamster about GS. If its enough to get to SV, ur welcome. You dont need to be a absolute BIS player or a rocket scientist to clear SVH. But unfortunallity still a lot ppl thinking that a high GS is high skilled....and that is not true.

• Options
    rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    asterotg said:

One friend was in a group of 9 ppl waiting for more then a hour to find a second DC. DDs are so desperate now, that they advertise their char like 'lfg mSVH classXY 4,2k IL with full R12 bondings. Super high dps, ask my mom. And cute to. I can sing and dance and am the center of fun at every party'.^^ Kidding somehow, but if I would have played a drinking game with a shot for every 'mSVH X/10 lfym need yAA-DC/s', I would have been drunk after 30 minutes.

So true. While I was looking for a tank and a dps for mSVA, for marketing purpose I advertised "lf2m 1 tank + 1 dps, we have 3 DCs". I was nuked by pms.
    asterotg said:

BTW could someone explain the mentality behind '8/10 lf2m AA-righteous DCs min 3.8k IL'

I suspect they have a lot of confusion (to be polite). The DC class is still unknown by many players and they simply look at it superficially.
    spideymt said:

Maybe its getting harder if AA is fixed. I hope so.

I suspect it will be harder.
    - no more protection when you perma-sit on the iced areas under AA effect. AA will disappear very fast -> all the players must be very careful when they have the red arrow on them, tanks and melee dps classes in particular.
    - tons of more everfrost damage: healers are welcome.
    - no more protection against the calls of winter: the team must ALWAYS cover the runes on the ground and hide behind the columns.
    - healers must be ready to cast HoT powers preventively when the orange arrow pops up.

Many players are not aware of the above: they simply ask AA without knowing that it works so efficiently because it's bugged.

In few words you have two divergent mechanics:
    - Move away when you have the red arrow or when you have to cover the runes
    - grouping when you have the orange arrow and HoT to be applied on time.
    + save the team mates when they are trapped in the ice spikes.

It will be an interesting choreography to be danced. Here some cases:
    - You're tasked to cover the rune (usually a ranged class), but suddenly you're trapped in the ice. Plan B needed.
    - The tank has the red arrow on him, he moves away while Storvald follows him because the tank takes the aggro, but all the melee classes follow the boss to attack him, till it ends in a massacre >:)
    Post edited by rapo973 on

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • Options
    This would be a verynice scenario, Oltreverso.

• Options
    devlin#3775 devlin Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    tom#6998 said:

asterotg said:

you are talking about mof? its pretty handy in an endgamegroup but "ALWAYS" include? isnt that a bit exaggerated.
    Sorry, maybe I worded that poorly. I mean in my "ideal" group, a CW is included. I honestly don't actually care what classes are in my group in an everyday kinda deal; just grab whoever is available/wanting to do "X". But if I was able to pick classes from the sky, a CW would indeed always be 1 of the 5. Thats all I meant; and so I am just surprised that a 4k CW isnt snapped up pretty quickly :)
  • Options
    Yeah the best composition atm seems to be: gf/op/dc/mofcw/gwf
  • Options
    Dont forget SWs. Some are pretty good :D

• Options
    I don't get the SW hate; with a decent build, an SW can dash out some pretty impressive damage.

@devlin#3775
    Most likely because there are so many.

• Options

I don't get the SW hate; with a decent build, an SW can dash out some pretty impressive damage.

Absolute sign.

• Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

I'm 4k il... and I doubt I will ever do fbi related maps... I am burnt out on gathering voninblod, building ever frost resistance, begging for parties, burnt out on collecting fish, burnt out on not having bag space to collect fish, burnt out on changing game mechanics, burnt out on random bugs that break my enjoyment, burnt out of new refinement items.

The pleasure of challenges and the thrill of completion just don't exist anymore. It all feels so.... repetative.

Bonding are a complete joke... pre mod 6 items had their set bonuses removed, Weapons and armors that is.. why do they allow the super power of bonding's but remove the armor bonuses of old sets.

If anything is game breaking its bonding's plus companions plus rings that allow one player to take a boss down solo In less than 40 seconds.

I feel the voice we once had, and all the work we put in to this game has been done for nothing, because so easily all that we work for and save are taken away from us without proper justification.

I lost trust, faith, and hope in this company.

This is exactly my sentiment 100%.. I cant just keep doing this HAMSTER.. been playing mmos since eq1.. eventually every game has a limit, where your like.. WTF.. not doing that HAMSTER.

As you refuse to content, its so much easier to just say.. eff it, has to be another game out there.

Let me tell you a secret.. there is always another game.. sometimes its a lenghty search, but eventually something else comes around.

They did perfect grind level with underdark, this is where there mark shoudl be..

you can justify it as many ways as you want, but its simply a boring amount of nothing to ungate stuff atm.. and you have to mulitply it by every toon.

This is the first big sale I havent purchased zen for, I simply will not reward a company for making things like mod 10 and 10.5 grind and gate levels to the extreme boring factor of 100.

• Options
    spideymt said:

Dont forget SWs. Some are pretty good :D

sure SW are good as dps but i was talking about best.
  • Options
    If you think you wanna play only the best classes, your Cryps best costumer. Play what you like, not whats maybe the best.