test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The insane grind with SKT+SoMI

Comments

• Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    Points made. The grind is as stated, insane.
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    Grind is too much. Especially the boons, which, when compared to other boons, aren't really that crazy. A nerf on requirements would be highly appreciated.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I don't play as much as i did before, and I don't even collet my daily keys any more. I skipped mod 10.5 entirely to avoid grinding. For now, I decide to pug old dungeons for fun.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    As always, it's too much RNG gate on drops for what you need to get the new gear, loot tables that make your chances far too low, and this time no one's even running the big HEs in SOMI because players hate it. It's a total failure.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I dunno about that but i still see 2-3 BHE instance at low 5+ at peak hour weekends. Although turtle moult drop rate is low but its still doable. I gotten 26 so far. Gonna get my main hand on next reset ( 39/40 reclaimed rune ). i think more than enough time to get another 14 moult for my offhand by next week :)
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Im fine with my Elemental Dragonflight gear. B)
    Post edited by flambridge on
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited November 2016

As always, it's too much RNG gate on drops for what you need to get the new gear, loot tables that make your chances far too low, and this time no one's even running the big HEs in SOMI because players hate it. It's a total failure.

I agree about the low drop rate but would have to disagree with the suggestion that no one is running the big HEs in SoMI. I've had no problem hooking up with runs since the patch on Thursday that fixed their respaun rate, even when I wasn't looking. I have to admit to being surprised by this but little floatilas of boats running between the three Big HEs is now far from uncommon. NHad you been talking about Bryn Shander, Lonelywood and Cold Run that would be a different matter >:)

• Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    I honestly have no idea how people with social lives and jobs can make any meaningful progress in mod 10. This game seems playable only by bots.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    emilemo said:

I honestly have no idea how people with social lives and jobs can make any meaningful progress in mod 10. This game seems playable only by bots.

I've got 8 chars. Only made it as far as the first boon on 2 chars. This campaign is way too damn boring, it's unbelievable.

I don't want to farm endless HEs for campaign resources! THE OTHER CAMPAIGNS DON'T DO THAT @#$%!
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    There are three approaches to this new mod and the grindfest.

1. buy all of the zen stuff play 1 toon. Maybe 2. max ever again. Then do it.
    2. Skip it all, ignore the mods, wait for better days.
    3. Leave the game, find something that fits better.

When mod 10 first dropped, I was in category 2, ... then the weapon release came, its clear that if you dont get these weapons at least on your DPS, then you will no longer be viable in game as a DPS option.

So I have moved to 3.. I will log in , get the rest of my VIP, do the double AD and christmas events.

I will continue to test other games.. downloading Warframe now.. will play TERA at some point.

ITs is clear and obvious that we , who are not willing to do this, isnt enough to offset those who give the company money.

This looks like a clear targed money grab for the consoles, and as stated by myself a few times, console releases might have been the worst thing ever for the PC side, we have lost and lost and lost so much due to them.

Cwards/pwards.. gone.
    Gateway ... gone.
    New monetization schemes , implemented to capture a different market.. implemented.

Oh well.. it is, what it is at this point, many of us tried, we have failed.

The company decided this is the new direction.

I would just tell most of you, take a look , you might be surprised what else is out there, its better to move on then to yell at the players here, they can do nothing in the end. No need to argue any more, even a 10% scaleback wouldnt be nearly enough to play like we are used to playing. It would have to be in the neighborhood of 50-60% .. and we all now its not happening.

• Options
    I have 15 days left, I will take the time to say thank you to all the best players Ive seen. My guildies , who are just the best guild in game .. period... its not even close.

I will participate in double AD, do double RP.. just for kicks and clear out a the RP I have saved, do the winter festival.

During this time, I will be downloading and trying many other games.. there are better fits for me personally, but I dont want to leave on a negative tone.

the players and community as a whole, are just filled with some of the greatest people I know.

• Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User

There are three approaches to this new mod and the grindfest.

1. buy all of the zen stuff play 1 toon. Maybe 2. max ever again. Then do it.
    2. Skip it all, ignore the mods, wait for better days.
    3. Leave the game, find something that fits better.

When mod 10 first dropped, I was in category 2, ... then the weapon release came, its clear that if you dont get these weapons at least on your DPS, then you will no longer be viable in game as a DPS option.

So I have moved to 3.. I will log in , get the rest of my VIP, do the double AD and christmas events.

I will continue to test other games.. downloading Warframe now.. will play TERA at some point.

ITs is clear and obvious that we , who are not willing to do this, isnt enough to offset those who give the company money.

This looks like a clear targed money grab for the consoles, and as stated by myself a few times, console releases might have been the worst thing ever for the PC side, we have lost and lost and lost so much due to them.

Cwards/pwards.. gone.
    Gateway ... gone.
    New monetization schemes , implemented to capture a different market.. implemented.

Oh well.. it is, what it is at this point, many of us tried, we have failed.

The company decided this is the new direction.

I would just tell most of you, take a look , you might be surprised what else is out there, its better to move on then to yell at the players here, they can do nothing in the end. No need to argue any more, even a 10% scaleback wouldnt be nearly enough to play like we are used to playing. It would have to be in the neighborhood of 50-60% .. and we all now its not happening.

Dure I hear ya. But let me tell you, as crappy the as Neverwinter business model has become (and it has) I still ended up back here. I own: GW2 + Heart of Thorns, Champions Online lifetime, ESO, Marvel Heroes, Diablo 3. Ive tried the Asian side of things: Tera, the Russian side: Skyforge, more of the western side: Wildstar.. All respectable games but they are all missing something and that something is mostly in the combat system. Especially GW2 and ESO are gorgeous games with massive, persistent worlds but I hate the combat.

What really grinds my gears with Neverwinter is that Im fine with paying money - 1st, they need money to stay operational, 2nd I'm more than happy to pay for entertainment - but they dont want my money. For example where are the sexy armor transmutes for sale? Those bloody devs are trying their hardest to push me away.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    Guys we lost.. there is nothing else for us to do.

There is no reason for us to continue to pound it out.

Branch out from mmos, they are my favorite too, but I keep hearing tera is good, though the download file is huggggeee..

• Options
    vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Just like you silverkeit, I'm here more for the community then anything else really. I will grind this out, I'll do what is needed, but paying things to get it? Nah, this module is not something I endorse. We had some kind of balance before this module came out, but after it, I fear they have taken a turn to a path we refuse to follow. Fishing and HE's, a great day to spend my time off from real life....pfff.

Gonna unlock Svardborg tomorrow and see what this "new" Chest loot is all about.
  • Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    The big gate for me is the Dragon Turtle Moult. To date, in multiple hours of HE grinding, I've had exactly zero drop for me.

None.

I did get one Evermelt Spring Water, but that's been it.

As a DC, it feels way too much like IWD, in that we're expected to heal, yet no one really needs healing, so no Great Successes for us.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I find that i have better luck with moult after i accumulate all the success reward and spam them all at once without looking after my 30 HE run session compare to opening them one by one after each HE.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    cdnbison said:

The big gate for me is the Dragon Turtle Moult. To date, in multiple hours of HE grinding, I've had exactly zero drop for me.

None.

I did get one Evermelt Spring Water, but that's been it.

As a DC, it feels way too much like IWD, in that we're expected to heal, yet no one really needs healing, so no Great Successes for us.

People need to get it through their head that RNG is not affected by this.

Drop rate between my DC and CW has been virtually identical.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    ijonumijonum Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    @kvet my buddy is pretty hyped for Crowfall - I'd be, but I'm being turned off by the toonish graphic style and they have a race that is A BLOODY HAMSTER (<- this is working as intended :D)
  • Options
    warhammer has been a fun distraction.. combat is fun and easy to pick up. However, its not very in depth world or anything, but for a easy side game while we are all looking, this isnt a bad option.

I will probably pick up tera in the coming days, as soon as I figure out how to do 33 gb download in one swoop.. (my isp resets once a night, so when I start the download to do overnight, it never finishes!)

Pantheon looks good , but its not here yet.

Nov 3rd is another closed better for revelation online. Im hoping for a freebie slot this time.

I will tell you guys something, you cant just keep logging in and effect change, if you leave, maybe they will change it, then we can come back to a better neverwinter, but at this time, our feedback is not worth much.

• Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User

warhammer has been a fun distraction.. combat is fun and easy to pick up. However, its not very in depth world or anything, but for a easy side game while we are all looking, this isnt a bad option.

I will probably pick up tera in the coming days, as soon as I figure out how to do 33 gb download in one swoop.. (my isp resets once a night, so when I start the download to do overnight, it never finishes!)

Nov 3rd is another closed better for revelation online. Im hoping for a freebie slot this time.

I will tell you guys something, you cant just keep logging in and effect change, if you leave, maybe they will change it, then we can come back to a better neverwinter, but at this time, our feedback is not worth much.

I tried Tera, Vindictus, Blade and Soul, Aion, you name it..., but NW combat is completely another level. I just came back. But I'm not going to give them money anymore if they don't change direction.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options

I tried Tera, Vindictus, Blade and Soul, Aion, you name it..., but NW combat is completely another level. I just came back. But I'm not going to give them money anymore if they don't change direction.
    When you are using those combat action for HEs and Fishing.. then there is really no difference is there? By staying, you are basically silenetly implying that there current work is acceptable at a certain level.

My suggestion is basically, find something at least for awhile that is a distraction.. Stop playing , stop purchasing. It is the only time they notice feedback.
  • Options
    guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I wont give Money anymore and will skip this Mod 10-10.5 as well.
    Looks like these guys wants to push away all their customers.
    INSANE GRIND.
    Why don't just outright sell their new Shiny OP Weapons..
    20 Millions for each.(40k zen) ( an average Legendary Mount)($400 Dollars)
    I would rather save for 20 millions than grind for 3 months.
  • Options
    sjk2603sjk2603 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    You get 1 blue mark and 1 purple mark in each of the 3 chests evertime you complete Master SVA. Legendary Marks are only RNG. So to get new weapons to purple requires only 5 completions of Master SVA
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    sjk2603 said:

You get 1 blue mark and 1 purple mark in each of the 3 chests evertime you complete Master SVA. Legendary Marks are only RNG. So to get new weapons to purple requires only 5 completions of Master SVA

What do you get in the three chests in Standard SVA ?

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    qexotic said:

sjk2603 said:

What do you get in the three chests in Standard SVA ?

Same thing just you can't get legendary marks.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    mod 11 or mod 12 we will be farming meteorite stone with a whale space ship XD gl everyone, btw Check Forsaken World im having a Blast with it