What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How is Pally in module 10.5?

124»

Comments

• Options
    tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    As I said in another thread, tanking is still possible, just not as efficient as a GF. At lower ilvls, a paladin might be forced to use both BO and Absolution just to tank very difficult content like Orcus or FBI. Thats 2x encounter slots dedicated to tanking abilities that in reality, only benefit the Paladin.

Meanwhile the GF can slot KV and ITF and provide bonuses for itself and the party/allies. How is that fair?

Except for auras, bane and now CoP, most encounter powers for OPP dont provide any benefits for the allies. Bane is good, CoP change is decent (great if buffed party dmg) and some auras are good, some arent. Still, OP buffs are not up to par.
  • Options
    jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User

jase2cool said:

Shield is unlike TEMP HP,
    Upon casting BO and Absolution , Yes you will only able to see the biggest stack but however upon BO expired you will find Absolution shield stack still there therefore its a separate stack of protection

unfortunately unlike TEMP HP i were not able to see the total amount of shield i had,
    i will need further testing verify the mechanics on this encounters

I did a fast test on this and seems that the shield of BO depletes first and then you have the shield of absolution (sometimes the shield of absolution is taken by the dmg generated from BO so you dont notice this). Is a bit confusing because both use the blue bar, and you cant see the shield HP as you said.

Need to confirm this by act, just ran a fast test, but the impression is that shield given by absolution is going down much lower (with the same enemy) than the shield of BO (tested both powers 1 by 1 not together), maybe it has his own DR and then the dmg is reduced by your own DR. So 2 layers seems possible.

I cant understand how some paladins cant tank any content in this game with this tools and templars wrath. More hp helps because both skill give 50% and 100% of your hp so more hp helps
    Absolution
    I did some further testing and managed to confirm a few important points

1. Absolution stays till its depleted, the SHIELD stays even its taken its out from your skill tray .
    2. May have multiple Absolution active , may have one Absolution cast on each party member

My view on using Absolution
    Its a awesome preparation encounter, before entering a big fight cast it on yourself / self and each party member.
    Its a ideal encounter to use if Damage resistance is below 60% .

Therefore if your OP have hard time surviving try Absolution and cast it at yourself before entering any fight try keep it up all the time.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

As I said in another thread, tanking is still possible, just not as efficient as a GF. At lower ilvls, a paladin might be forced to use both BO and Absolution just to tank very difficult content like Orcus or FBI. Thats 2x encounter slots dedicated to tanking abilities that in reality, only benefit the Paladin.

Meanwhile the GF can slot KV and ITF and provide bonuses for itself and the party/allies. How is that fair?

Except for auras, bane and now CoP, most encounter powers for OPP dont provide any benefits for the allies. Bane is good, CoP change is decent (great if buffed party dmg) and some auras are good, some arent. Still, OP buffs are not up to par.

I Agree on that... but...
    There is no point on crying over spilled milk or loose HAMSTER ...
    I doubt the Dev will do anything bout it, that's why i did not join in to the #OPMUSTFALL thread.

Fact is we OP still are in demand in Fangbreaker to some we are still known as better tank than GF,
    I been to many adventures, where GF will step aside w/o me saying to let me take charge and tank.

I dare to say so far no GF has out tanked me in Fangbreaker Island.

lets just move on, wake up, face the reality and work with what we still have here.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    jase2cool said:

jase2cool said:

Upon casting BO and Absolution , Yes you will only able to see the biggest stack but however upon BO expired you will find Absolution shield stack still there therefore its a separate stack of protection

unfortunately unlike TEMP HP i were not able to see the total amount of shield i had,

I did a fast test on this and seems that the shield of BO depletes first and then you have the shield of absolution (sometimes the shield of absolution is taken by the dmg generated from BO so you dont notice this). Is a bit confusing because both use the blue bar, and you cant see the shield HP as you said.

Need to confirm this by act, just ran a fast test, but the impression is that shield given by absolution is going down much lower (with the same enemy) than the shield of BO (tested both powers 1 by 1 not together), maybe it has his own DR and then the dmg is reduced by your own DR. So 2 layers seems possible.

I cant understand how some paladins cant tank any content in this game with this tools and templars wrath. More hp helps because both skill give 50% and 100% of your hp so more hp helps
    Absolution

1. Absolution stays till its depleted, the SHIELD stays even its taken its out from your skill tray .
    2. May have multiple Absolution active , may have one Absolution cast on each party member

Its a awesome preparation encounter, before entering a big fight cast it on yourself / self and each party member.

Therefore if your OP have hard time surviving try Absolution and cast it at yourself before entering any fight try keep it up all the time.
    Sounds great in theory but what are you slotting Absolution over? Keep in mind the only hard fight in CN is the last one. So which encounter shall Absolution replace? BO? Bane? Templar? As great as it may sound on paper slotting Absolution is not worth it unless it can reduce the boss dmg against you better than Bane. At best Absolution can be used by lower IL Paladins vs trash mobs who are cc immune and cant be stunned by BL.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    emilemo said:

jase2cool said:

jase2cool said:

Absolution

Sounds great in theory but what are you slotting Absolution over? Keep in mind the only hard fight in CN is the last one. So which encounter shall Absolution replace? BO? Bane? Templar? As great as it may sound on paper slotting Absolution is not worth it unless it can reduce the boss dmg against you better than Bane. At best Absolution can be used by lower IL Paladins vs trash mobs who are cc immune and cant be stunned by BL.
    Against Orcus slotting in Absolution over Bane if the OP DR is below 60% (Most cases not possible to keep all 3 stack of Bane up at all times.lets put us in the scenario where the Orcus damage reduction(Bane) and DR (Absolution) bonus are more or less equal, lets say average of 20%-30%) therefore the difference is bout gaining extra 50% SHIELD HP instead of 20%-30% party DPS buff. I would say keeping the tank alive is much more important than party DPS buff.

I would say use Absolution IF the OP has problem surviving in most cases against single target Bane rules

As for trash mobs its normally don't matter much on which encounter to use what is important is taking Radiant Champion feat in Justice tree ( I would suggest try not use RA it would normally only makes ppl hate us more)

Radiant Champion
    Your very presence inspires your allies. When you have at least 2 other allies within 30' of you, all of you gain 5/10/15/20/25% more movement speed and 1/2/3/4/5% Cooldown Reduction.

Its not as good as GF ITF but we do have some movement buff
    Post edited by jase2cool on
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Another point for me personally, I'm aiming at getting my DR to 95% with companion procs. I've just got an Angel of Protection which will provide me with an extra 13%DR with a goal of getting bondings from r10 to 11 next week.

With a further 5% DR (companion skill) I'll be able to negate 85% of Orcus's damage output. Using Shielding Strike, I should be down to taking very low damage to my temp health without having to use BO at all which I must admit, has been something of a goal for me for a while.

This 2xRP I'll get my armor ench to trans (Fireburst) which deals burst damage plus a DoT appx every ~20-25 secs, helping with aggro gen as well as added damage. If this goes as intended I'll use TW, Bane, Smite. The reason for Smite is that on top of the 15% damage debuff (3 secs) and extra DoT it also generates Divine Call and AP gain.

With an average of 2 strikes of Bane plus a 50% uptime on Smite debuff I'll be very interested to see how much damage I take.

I doubt I'll have aggro problems (trans lightning) but if I do I'm going to try changing aura of Courage for Radiance for added threat gen.

Note on the Angel of Protection: I'm giving it a +4 Ring of Sudden Defence to compensate for proc delay on entering combat.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    armadeonx said:

Another point for me personally, I'm aiming at getting my DR to 95% with companion procs. I've just got an Angel of Protection which will provide me with an extra 13%DR with a goal of getting bondings from r10 to 11 next week.

With a further 5% DR (companion skill) I'll be able to negate 85% of Orcus's damage output. Using Shielding Strike, I should be down to taking very low damage to my temp health without having to use BO at all which I must admit, has been something of a goal for me for a while.

This 2xRP I'll get my armor ench to trans (Fireburst) which deals burst damage plus a DoT appx every ~20-25 secs, helping with aggro gen as well as added damage. If this goes as intended I'll use TW, Bane, Smite. The reason for Smite is that on top of the 15% damage debuff (3 secs) and extra DoT it also generates Divine Call and AP gain.

With an average of 2 strikes of Bane plus a 50% uptime on Smite debuff I'll be very interested to see how much damage I take.

I doubt I'll have aggro problems (trans lightning) but if I do I'm going to try changing aura of Courage for Radiance for added threat gen.

Note on the Angel of Protection: I'm giving it a +4 Ring of Sudden Defence to compensate for proc delay on entering combat.

Interesting concept,
    I do want to know how this turns up, please do keep us posted .

I also do want to know a few things for the Angel of Protection

1. Does Angel of Protection use heal when you are at full HP?
    2. How often Angel of Protection trigger protector camaraderie?
    3. Protective Ward: Summoner takes 5% less damage do this ability has a cool down?
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Have anyone test the cycle of power? Will the damage buff share to team members
  • Options
    oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    I am trying Young yeti as companion instead of Fire archon. I have slightly less power in combat, but my DR is boost up to about 90%. Yeti fairly quickly proc companion gift too.
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    jase2cool said:

armadeonx said:

Interesting concept,
    I do want to know how this turns up, please do keep us posted .

I also do want to know a few things for the Angel of Protection

1. Does Angel of Protection use heal when you are at full HP?
    2. How often Angel of Protection trigger protector camaraderie?
    3. Protective Ward: Summoner takes 5% less damage do this ability has a cool down?
    I haven't really tested it yet but from what I've researched the ward has no cooldown, I'll report back when I get the time to test it. Same goes for q's 1 & 2 xD
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    Angel of Protection sadly only comes into action - and procs the bondings - if she can apply a heal. It really is one of the last companions that's terrible at proccing Bondings.

Have you considered the Minstrel? I've not personally tested him myself, nor have I found information on his damage debuff. If you're looking for ways to lower your incoming damage - albeit only reliable when facing a single target - it might be worth taking a look.

Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
  • Options
    salmistrasalmistra Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    helric9 said:

Make a GF.
    OP are dead, all they do GF can do better.

I play a paladin. It's worse than before, but ...
    Aura of Courage raises all damage party members by 15 - 25 percent - testing Advanced combat tracker.
    Aura of Wisdom increased recharge speed party members by 25 percent
    Fets Aura of gifts increased power party. with my paladin 7 - 11k in combat

Paladin is very good buffer.