test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How is Pally in module 10.5?

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    jase2cool said:

jase2cool said:

Sorry was this a video about showing off how good a DC Anointed Champion / Anointed Army ?

WTF are you talking about? i've run CN more than enough times without the need to BO/AC-DC.
    As long as DPS doesn't play like... "look I'm a dumb muscle" CN is a cakewalk.
    The way I look at the video,
    Its all about DPS wannabe which no where match actual dps toons

1. you keep disturbing dpser rotation with RA
    2. no actual contribution on tanking its yeti who does the tanking also fail to use bane who is best party buff on boss fight
    3. reason you and party are still alive its due a good DC keep casting Anointed Army who blocking 4 attacks and a monkey

So conclusion is putting a monkey there probably does a better job, that's why people choose GF over OP like you
    Both sides have a point here.

MadWilly is pointing out that DPSers shouldn't need a bubble/Shield of faith if they understand red circles = bad, and thus, if your DPS players have a sense of self-preservation, you might as well add to the team's DPS to speed up the run.

Jase is also correct in that the video may not be the best proof as to whether the tankadin is viable or not in endgame, as parts of the bosses were tanked by the Yeti as well as having AA.

Personally, I feel that the Tankadin is just fine as a tank class (trying to DPS as well as those 4k GWFs/4k CWs is a different story), but people are overreacting and not willing to try experimenting with different ideas.

• jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

jase2cool said:

jase2cool said:

Sorry was this a video about showing off how good a DC Anointed Champion / Anointed Army ?

WTF are you talking about? i've run CN more than enough times without the need to BO/AC-DC.

2. no actual contribution on tanking its yeti who does the tanking also fail to use bane who is best party buff on boss fight
    3. reason you and party are still alive its due a good DC keep casting Anointed Army who blocking 4 attacks and a monkey

So conclusion is putting a monkey there probably does a better job, that's why people choose GF over OP like you

MadWilly is pointing out that DPSers shouldn't need a bubble/Shield of faith if they understand red circles = bad, and thus, if your DPS players have a sense of self-preservation, you might as well add to the team's DPS to speed up the run.

Jase is also correct in that the video may not be the best proof as to whether the tankadin is viable or not in endgame, as parts of the bosses were tanked by the Yeti as well as having AA.

Personally, I feel that the Tankadin is just fine as a tank class (trying to DPS as well as those 4k GWFs/4k CWs is a different story), but people are overreacting and not willing to try experimenting with different ideas.
    I understand everyone has preference on how to play his toon.. my point IF we enroll and join a party as a Tank we do our best to contribute as tank and not bring OP a bad name.

Fact is some people are given up hope on OP instead looks for GF as Tank.

What is upsetting is that MadWilly is pointing out that DPSers shouldn't need a OP but instead bring a monkey,
    Video clearly shows how that a AC DC if he brings a monkey can do the job.
    Also OP is a hindrance(out tank by yeti,minimal buff, insufficient dps)... the other 3 DPS can easily cover the DPS who he contributed ...another word "that party" can complete the run without a OP.... all they need is a monkey (with a GF probably far more efficient).

Unless I were to market my Protector OP as a DPS... tell other party members that i provide minimal protection , also my pet will tank for me and please to watch your feet to not step on red.. DC tried and went DPS and did that....we know how well that went

OP Tank are lost and rejected...now is struggling to prove useful as a viable tank

But I can assure you that OP Tank is still functional
    We just need to change and adapt into current situation below is a video clip on a OP Tank who works overtime as a Healer, Buffer and Tank all in one (No help from external buff) who completed CN with 4 dps (sorry it was quite lag back then when i capturing this video) but should be sufficient to prove my point)

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AuO6w-_Zbbem0UtKGglLIMRIW-Bu

• mtcoffeemtcoffee Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Thanks for posting a video of a pally actually face tanking him.
    It does lag a little, but you are running BO/TW/Bane correct? Passives are Courage/Wisdom?

honestly you tanking orcus doesn't look much different than my rotation currently.
    mtcoffee said:

Thanks for posting a video of a pally actually face tanking him.

It does lag a little, but you are running BO/TW/Bane correct? Passives are Courage/Wisdom?

honestly you tanking orcus doesn't look much different than my rotation currently.

welcome ,
    The encounter i used are Binding Oath/Cleansing Touch/Bane
    Passive are Courage/Wisdom
    jase2cool said:

rjc9000 said:

jase2cool said:

jase2cool said:

I understand everyone has preference on how to play his toon.. my point IF we enroll and join a party as a Tank we do our best to contribute as tank and not bring OP a bad name.

What is upsetting is that MadWilly is pointing out that DPSers shouldn't need a OP but instead bring a monkey,
    Also OP is a hindrance(out tank by yeti,minimal buff, insufficient dps)... the other 3 DPS can easily cover the DPS who he contributed ...another word "that party" can complete the run without a OP.... all they need is a monkey (with a GF probably far more efficient).

Unless I were to market my Protector OP as a DPS... tell other party members that i provide minimal protection , also my pet will tank for me and please to watch your feet to not step on red.. DC tried and went DPS and did that....we know how well that went

OP Tank are lost and rejected...now is struggling to prove useful as a viable tank

We just need to change and adapt into current situation
    below is a video clip on a OP Tank who works overtime as a Healer, Buffer and Tank all in one (No help from external buff) who completed CN with 4 dps (sorry it was quite lag back then when i capturing this video) but should be sufficient to prove my point)

Yep! People just gotta have faith is all.

Even with the bubble nerfbat, Paladins are a functioning class, you take blows for your team and protect your teammates with some team enhancing buffs on the side. Paladins is just no longer "press Bubble to victory".

• emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    mtcoffee said:

@emilemo

Ok, i think the reason why BO is not doing the full damage to the enemies is because its not piercing damage, so it gets mitigated by the enemy's DR. I noticed that in IWD and WoD BO was doing less damage than other zones. As you know, enemies in those zones have an additional 25% DR layer, so any damage taken is significantly reduced. Hence, BO does less damage since it gets mitigated. Also APierce does not seem to affect BO.

Also, the taunt lasts for about 3.5 seconds instead of 5 seconds.

So to clarify.

BO used to be a 2s Taunt. 8s Invulnerable. 50% Damage taken at end against our damage resist. (reflect damage isn't worth mentioning.

Now BO is a 3.5s Taunt. 160,000 overshield. Worst case an 80k damage hit that is unmitigated. (and again reflect damage isn't worth mentioning because it doesn't take into account the paladin's Arm Pen stat.)

Someone explain to me how the Paladin community isn't ready to burn down cryptic?

For protection paladin
    Justice's capstone is by far the best. Bulwarks cap stone is negated now because of the absolution change. And I am pretty sure no tanks are specing all the way into light.

So to be effective we have one feat path.

They nerfed 2 specific paragon path skills of the paladin. Gave absolution a change, but healadin will also have access to the new change too.

Meanwhile GFs have 3 viable lines. One for DPS, Buff, and Tank. Two Paragon Paths to create slight variations.

If there is a black friday sale, can someone explain to me why I shouldn't just Buy a 70 GF character, unlock all the feats, and start working on power points before this hits across all platforms?

I am definitely ready to burn down Cryptic

About your GF comment - the only reason not to jump into spending for another class is this: you never know when its gonna get nerfed. Best thing to do from a player perspective and knowing how things happen in this game is to stick to one class during highs and lows. You waste less money/time that way. Best thing from the company's perspective is for the players to spend for new classes, new items, new whatever as often as possible.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    rjc9000 said:

jase2cool said:

rjc9000 said:

jase2cool said:

jase2cool said:

We just need to change and adapt into current situation
    below is a video clip on a OP Tank who works overtime as a Healer, Buffer and Tank all in one (No help from external buff) who completed CN with 4 dps (sorry it was quite lag back then when i capturing this video) but should be sufficient to prove my point)

Yep! People just gotta have faith is all.

Even with the bubble nerfbat, Paladins are a functioning class, you take blows for your team and protect your teammates with some team enhancing buffs on the side. Paladins is just no longer "press Bubble to victory".
    I got faith, Shield of Faith that is
  • tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    "emilemo said:

I am definitely ready to burn down Cryptic

About your GF comment - the only reason not to jump into spending for another class is this: you never know when its gonna get nerfed. Best thing to do from a player perspective and knowing how things happen in this game is to stick to one class during highs and lows. You waste less money/time that way. Best thing from the company's perspective is for the players to spend for new classes, new items, new whatever as often as possible."

True, and thats the reason I havent changed yet. I rolled a lvl 70 GF on Preview and I have to say I prefer the playstyle of the Pally better, even with this nerf. So for now Im gonna try and make it work.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    null
    Can you tell me what's your companion? I don't remember seen it before.

I agree that if posting a video about tanking it should show the team being protected by the paladin, not the other way around. I once respecced my barely over 2k il prot paladin from justice to bulwark and immediately noticed less survability and pugged a cn anyway, we completed it no problem as the AC DC kept spamming anointed army, I didnt go down once even though that toon is a weakling.

Anyway, please tell me what companion did you use in that video, what slots does it have (offence/deffence) and what item slots it has as well, I am in the process of changing my gf's artifacts, enchantments, etc and need a good companion, currently trying to decide between con artist or shield maiden although I know the latter would pull aggro off me and that's irritating, it could be my deffence and recovery battery though.

And hey, it is the first time I see a paladin using the sigil of the guardian besides mine, that's a pretty good one! It's such an underrated yet handy item to have as main.
    edited November 2016
    Perhaps Im wrong or naive thinking this way but imo any class needs to be able to perform its role without external help like pets or items. In this case the Paladin should be able to tank and any item, like the GF sigil for example should be complementary not a must have. Same goes for having a handy AC DC around. What tank am I if I can only tank when AA is up? Heck a GWF could tank with a DC spamming AA. What if my party has a Devotion Pally instead? What if the buff we have is not AA but Hallowed ground?

Bottom line: a Paladin tank must have the tools to survive and protect its party regardless of party composition. If that's not the case dear devs then make all clerics AC and delete the devotion Op cause he registers as healer too.
  • omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The companion in the video is the Priestess Sehanine Moonbeam found in the Bahamut Pack.

I note more paladins post Mod 10.5 running prism again, how do you find this (Prism)to work in content with more than 5 in a party ?? for Protection and also for Devotion, thanks :)

The whole vow thing is a PITA for my devotion pally. A respec at my expense (BUMMER) seems to be in order soon, mainly for skill point redistribution on both Devotion and Protection for me at least.

I dont plan to abandon ship, I have played since day one of release, so far gone thru all of our "fixes" and still love my paladins, it is a bit daunting in respect to time and also ($$) for me and others it seems.

Thanks for all the input in advance, our community is very helpful, even if we feel like we want to be salty at times lol.
    Post edited by omgitszeph on
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~

the companion is the Priestess Sehanine Moonbeam found in the Bahamut Pack, I note more paladins post Mod 10.5 running prism again, how do you find this to work in content with more than 5 in a party ?? for Protection and also for Devotion, thanks :)

I never really noticed Prism in the 10 player or more content (EDemo/NDemo and Tiamart). I'm not sure if the Healadins can do their Burning Guidance loop with Vow and Bond, given how ... buggy... Vow has been.

You're asking how useful the Sehanine Moonbow Priestess is for a Paladin, both Protection and Devotion?

Personally, I loathe the Defensive slots, but they're passable on a Protection Paladin. Devotion doesn't really "need" the extra defense and I'd much prefer a Sellsword/Con Artist on a Healadin for the offensive slots (as well as a debuff).

She attacks really slowly, so if you're planning on using Protector's Friendship/Camaraderie, don't plan on seeing more than a stack or two unless you're on a prolonged bossfight.

The Crit bonus is really nice for your team, but last I checked, the Priestess will teamkill your entire team if a SW of yours runs Tyrannical Curse when the Sehanine Moonbow Priestess activates her crit bonus. It might have been fixed when TC no longer scaled with the SW's stats, but I am not sure.

• sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User

the companion is the Priestess Sehanine Moonbeam found in the Bahamut Pack, I note more paladins post Mod 10.5 running prism again, how do you find this to work in content with more than 5 in a party ?? for Protection and also for Devotion, thanks :)

I am still on mod 10 (xbox) and did not see changes to prism, it is supposed to only effect 5 players at a time (I think). I added prism when the bubble went away and I am very often the field medic for the run even if there are DC's. I have been able to play the role of both tank and heals with 4 dps in etos, elol and cn (they are the only ones I really run).

I run my protection pally in flight of the dragons with 20 people at a dragon and it seems to obey it's intended limit and does not cause any lag like it used to.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Today is the first day I have had to really play post 10.5 on the PC. Ran all my normal dailies and ELoL and I noticed something. For the normal dailies in IWD and Dwarven Throne no problems with BO at all. In ELoL I noticed my normal rotation may be part of the problem. Normally I use TW/BO/BL, tab 3 times then TW/BO/BL again followed by Shielding Strike until I can use my encounters and dailies. I noticed if my temp HPs (yellow HP bar) was less than about 50% when I hit BO it was almost a guaranteed one shot when BO expired against theTwin Fire Scorpions and Lostmauth. If I waited until my temp HPs were up to about 75% ( yellow bar made up 75% of my HP) no more one shots. Has anyone noticed something like this?

null

Can you tell me what's your companion? I don't remember seen it before.

I agree that if posting a video about tanking it should show the team being protected by the paladin, not the other way around. I once respecced my barely over 2k il prot paladin from justice to bulwark and immediately noticed less survability and pugged a cn anyway, we completed it no problem as the AC DC kept spamming anointed army, I didnt go down once even though that toon is a weakling.

Anyway, please tell me what companion did you use in that video, what slots does it have (offence/deffence) and what item slots it has as well, I am in the process of changing my gf's artifacts, enchantments, etc and need a good companion, currently trying to decide between con artist or shield maiden although I know the latter would pull aggro off me and that's irritating, it could be my deffence and recovery battery though.

And hey, it is the first time I see a paladin using the sigil of the guardian besides mine, that's a pretty good one! It's such an underrated yet handy item to have as main.

Thanks for your understanding

The companion i use is http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Priestess_of_Sehanine_Moonbow
    Currently mine are equip with Loyal Avenger Companion Gear

Sigil of Guardian is awesome, previously it was overshadowed by sigil of devotion, i still cant really decide on which one better i probably rotate among them, i only sigil of guardian at boss fight at the moment.
    edited November 2016
    swapilot said:

Today is the first day I have had to really play post 10.5 on the PC. Ran all my normal dailies and ELoL and I noticed something. For the normal dailies in IWD and Dwarven Throne no problems with BO at all. In ELoL I noticed my normal rotation may be part of the problem. Normally I use TW/BO/BL, tab 3 times then TW/BO/BL again followed by Shielding Strike until I can use my encounters and dailies. I noticed if my temp HPs (yellow HP bar) was less than about 50% when I hit BO it was almost a guaranteed one shot when BO expired against theTwin Fire Scorpions and Lostmauth. If I waited until my temp HPs were up to about 75% ( yellow bar made up 75% of my HP) no more one shots. Has anyone noticed something like this?

Think bout the new BO as a limited 50% Damage reduction .. It cant be depended as a tanking skill you will need to up dps to increase for more TW temporary life.. i personally found BL too slow to charge and cant move while charging ,i would suggest to use bane/smite for more efficient boss fight

IF you felt unsafe use Absolution it stacks well with BO
    How does absolution work?
    50% HP shield w/ 50% DR?
    If you pop BO then Absolution does that mean the Absolution burns off first? What if it's casted vise virsa? Could we use absolution to mitigate the damage from binding oath?
  • darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    mtcoffee said:

50% HP shield w/ 50% DR?

If you pop BO then Absolution does that mean the Absolution burns off first? What if it's casted vise virsa? Could we use absolution to mitigate the damage from binding oath?

There are 3 bars. SHIELD (Blue), TEMP HP (Yellow), HP (red) and they goes down in this order. First shield, when shield is over, temp hp, and where there arent shield or temp hp, you hp goes down.

Templar's Wrath is TEMP HP
    BO and Absolution are SHIELD

You can have 3 bars they do stack even if you cant see them because you have full of one bar. But if you have for example 30k TEMP HP and you use Templar's Wrath for 60K TEMP HP you dont get 90k TEMP HP, you get the biggest number. Same with SHIELD.

So, is useless to use BO (full SHIELD) and then absulution (50% SHIELD), is better to use one when the shield of the other is gone or near depleted. Absolution is only needed if you are low IL to tank Orcus for example. The part of using it in a friend is useless for me, you can target the enemy and absolution is used on yourself.
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Using either BO or Absolution with Cleansing Touch and Prism is also seems like a good combo, as some mentioned. The temp HP provided when maxed is good, though TW gives more. Im actually considering dropping Purifying fire for Prism on my feats. Dont know if the extra damage from PF is worth it over healing from Prism
  • oggycz#5356 oggycz Member Posts: 182 Arc User

Using either BO or Absolution with Cleansing Touch and Prism is also seems like a good combo, as some mentioned. The temp HP provided when maxed is good, though TW gives more. Im actually considering dropping Purifying fire for Prism on my feats. Dont know if the extra damage from PF is worth it over healing from Prism

I used Advanced combat tracker and damage of friend 4k pally from Purifying fire was about 2% after few dundeon runs. I do not use Echoes of light, because it can proc only max 4x per minute and have Beacon of hope instead. But I am Devotion Pally. I use Justice 1/0 1/0 1/0 0/1 0/1 1 and Light 1/0 1/0 1/0
    Svatá Prdelka
    game - Human/real life - ???
    OP 18k+ Devotion/Justice - Light
  • logandarkwaterlogandarkwater Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    karvare said:

Ran EToS last night with 2 PUGs. The first was rough as we had 4 DPS no healer. Killed a few times overall, once before final boss, a DPS dropped and a DC added. 1 more wipe and then win.

Second run killed 1 time. Boss fight long but no problems. OP healer.

Both times I was second in DPS. 2.7k Bulwark build, stone artifact MH/OH. Binding Oath helped keep me up, cleric was surprised I was still standing all alone. BO did not return large amounts of damage, not anymore than it use to. Still doesn't feel like an OP killer, just not as good for tanking as before.

Also, I could lose agro while it was active. That shouldn't happen.

My observations, be that as it may.

I have a 2.6 Justice build, and I noticed the same thing, big gains in dps running etos and elol and vt etc with all the new changes. I'm liking the challenges presented to us for tanking (everything short of Orcus or both Scorpoins in elol no problems), but also liking the increased dps from BO (probably a 25% overall increase in my dmg from before), I feel like the pally is starting to fit into a differernt niche than GF. Anytime I run a dungeon and a GF is in the party with similar iL, I almost always beat him in all categories. I'm also out dps'ing HR's and SW's who are at similar iL's more times than not. I'm also out healing dc's (mainly due to prism). If everyone is not seeing these gains as well then they're running the wrong encounters/dailies. Or have stats bumped up in the wrong areas.
  • omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    thanks again everyone, for all the shares, we will overcome and adapt as always :D cheers !!
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • swapilotswapilot Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    jase2cool said:

swapilot said:

Think bout the new BO as a limited 50% Damage reduction .. It cant be depended as a tanking skill you will need to up dps to increase for more TW temporary life.. i personally found BL too slow to charge and cant move while charging ,i would suggest to use bane/smite for more efficient boss fight

I couldn't agree with you more. The point I was trying to make, for my character, is it really matters now when I hit BO in the Boss Fight. I ran a couple Epics since my post, trying BO at 50%ish Temp HP and 75%ish Temp HP and what I found is at 50%ish if I use BO on the Boss it is almost a guaranteed one shot. If I wait to 75%ish before using BO on the Boss, I live to fight longer. Looking at the Neverwinter explantion of TW, that extra 25% Temp HP is about 110,000 HP, which is enough to live another day, for me, when using post 10.5 BO. Clear as mud isn't it? So for me, BO isn't really broken, I just have to smart about when I use it.

mtcoffee said:

50% HP shield w/ 50% DR?

There are 3 bars. SHIELD (Blue), TEMP HP (Yellow), HP (red) and they goes down in this order. First shield, when shield is over, temp hp, and where there arent shield or temp hp, you hp goes down.

You can have 3 bars they do stack even if you cant see them because you have full of one bar. But if you have for example 30k TEMP HP and you use Templar's Wrath for 60K TEMP HP you dont get 90k TEMP HP, you get the biggest number. Same with SHIELD.

So, is useless to use BO (full SHIELD) and then absulution (50% SHIELD), is better to use one when the shield of the other is gone or near depleted. Absolution is only needed if you are low IL to tank Orcus for example. The part of using it in a friend is useless for me, you can target the enemy and absolution is used on yourself.
    Shield is unlike TEMP HP,
    Upon casting BO and Absolution , Yes you will only able to see the biggest stack but however upon BO expired you will find Absolution shield stack still there therefore its a separate stack of protection

unfortunately unlike TEMP HP i were not able to see the total amount of shield i had,
    i will need further testing verify the mechanics on this encounters
    edited November 2016
    swapilot said:

jase2cool said:

swapilot said:

I couldn't agree with you more. The point I was trying to make, for my character, is it really matters now when I hit BO in the Boss Fight. I ran a couple Epics since my post, trying BO at 50%ish Temp HP and 75%ish Temp HP and what I found is at 50%ish if I use BO on the Boss it is almost a guaranteed one shot. If I wait to 75%ish before using BO on the Boss, I live to fight longer. Looking at the Neverwinter explantion of TW, that extra 25% Temp HP is about 110,000 HP, which is enough to live another day, for me, when using post 10.5 BO. Clear as mud isn't it? So for me, BO isn't really broken, I just have to smart about when I use it.
    If that the case you are very close..
    Chances are just some minor tweak you be able to tank it smoothly .. Try reduce Orcus damage output, use Bane and Aura of Truth. if possible up armor penetration to 60% if you yet to do so , by doing that you deal more damage which equal to more TEMP hp and Generating more Threats to hold aggro.
    Sounds like BO/Absolution could be a nice set up for pvp.

Has anyone ran or know of a tank pally running the Orcus set?
    Typically we are 100% health so the set bonus would kick in quick
    mtcoffee said:

Sounds like BO/Absolution could be a nice set up for pvp.

Has anyone ran or know of a tank pally running the Orcus set?

Typically we are 100% health so the set bonus would kick in quick

Not seen or tried but it would seems be worth looking into ,
    this would helps deal more damage which equal to more TEMP hp and Generating more Threats to hold aggro.
    jase2cool said:

mtcoffee said:

50% HP shield w/ 50% DR?

Upon casting BO and Absolution , Yes you will only able to see the biggest stack but however upon BO expired you will find Absolution shield stack still there therefore its a separate stack of protection

unfortunately unlike TEMP HP i were not able to see the total amount of shield i had,
    So would you take Absolution over Bane for a setup of BO, Templar, Absolution?
    edited November 2016
    emilemo said:

jase2cool said:

mtcoffee said:

50% HP shield w/ 50% DR?

So would you take Absolution over Bane for a setup of BO, Templar, Absolution?
    I uses Absolution at Fangbreaker Island non-boss fight i found it quite useful, for boss fight always uses Bane instead.

• darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    jase2cool said:

I did a fast test on this and seems that the shield of BO depletes first and then you have the shield of absolution (sometimes the shield of absolution is taken by the dmg generated from BO so you dont notice this). Is a bit confusing because both use the blue bar, and you cant see the shield HP as you said.

Need to confirm this by act, just ran a fast test, but the impression is that shield given by absolution is going down much lower (with the same enemy) than the shield of BO (tested both powers 1 by 1 not together), maybe it has his own DR and then the dmg is reduced by your own DR. So 2 layers seems possible.

I cant understand how some paladins cant tank any content in this game with this tools and templars wrath. More hp helps because both skill give 50% and 100% of your hp so more hp helps
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor