test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The insane grind with SKT+SoMI

vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
edited November 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
THE GRIND FOR THE NEW GEAR IS INSANE!!!!

Let me try to explain a bit more. Your goal is to get to vivified gear (BiS) and new weapons (BiS) without spending AD or ZEN.
Your first goal is to get into FBI. Let's assume you managed to push your IL to that magical +3.1k. All you need now is the Everfrost resistance.

First for the unlock you will need a lot of Voninblood. Le't assume you will get that while doing daily and weekly tasks. Then you will also need to run HE's in Bryn Shader to get that one pair of boots. To restore them you will need 25 Lanolin. The amount of HE's you have to run to achieve this will probably be close to 100 if not more to get all the Lanolin.

After that you are still not ready for FBI and you need to buy some gear to enter it, or (since our goal is not to buy it) unlock the whole campaign and get those reinforcement kits/shirt/pants/boons. Plus food from SH and a potion. (I haven't done the complete math, so a bit of guessing). That will get you into FBI, where you will (probably) just strip your gear so that you are more balanced out.

Assuming you managed to get past these obstacles you are entering FBI. You finished maybe 10 or more of them (average time will probably be 1h) and you finally got a second piece of relic gear (if you are lucky and got the one that you want). Now, let's not forget the amount of keys you had to create to try and get that gear piece (20k Voninblood for 10 keys). Then you realize that that piece also needs Lanolin and Voninblood for it to be restored. So back to running those 100 HE's. Now go back to those 10+ FBI's, to get another piece, then back to HE's for Lanolin and Voninblood...see where I'm going with this.

Now assuming you have 24h to play daily, you also managed to push through the SoMI campaign and you got your unrestored MH and OH. To restore them you need some stuff that can be found in treasure maps and some stuff that you have to create from Professions. EDIT: And 50k Voninblood, totally forgot about that.

Let's split that up in two parts:
Treasure maps - You get them by fishing. Every 10th (if you are lucky) will get you a map which you have to search online where it's located (time saver). Now those maps don't guarantee you a thing you need for your MH/OH restoration. So you will have to do a lot of treasure hunting (actually FISHING) to get everything you need to restore those items. If you are lucky some Lanolin will appear with them. I'm gonna assume 24h in total of fishing to get everything.
Profession items - Now, if you look a bit more closely you will realize that you need MORE Lanolin to create those items. What?!? Yes, back to those HE's. This time probably around 200 more HE's to get all that Lanolin.

And just when you think you are done, BOOM, this is all first step. To get to Vivified gear you will need more items to vivify the gear.
To upgrade you MH/OH to blue/epic/legendary level you will need a SPECIAL kind of Marks. Yes, you heard me right, SPECIAL, which you will (I assume get only in the new skirmish.

You probably lost me (and the interest for the game) waaaaay back at the beginning of the post. But for those who are still reading. If you want that vivified gear to keep being maximized, you willl have to get a daily amount of Voninblood to keep it at tier 3.

It's just INSANE.

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    vida44 said:

And just when you think you are done, BOOM, this is all first step. To get to Vivified gear you will need more items to vivify the gear.

As much as the rest of the grind is kind of crazy vivifying is just 10k vb and some restoration mats that you get from a weekly quest for completing the new trial.

On the other hand the difference between the twisted weapons and relic weapons is about 3-4 times as large as the difference between the difference between the elemental fire weapons and the twisted weapons.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    acro33acro33 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    When I learned how much work was required to get the relic armour set... I just gave up on it. I'm determined to restore the weapons though, but I've already spent about four million AD simply from buying most of the stuff needed to restore them (can't be arsed to grind HE's that may or may not give me something I need and none of the seven treasure map locations I've been to have given me anything that'd help with restoration).

In this case, a serious nerfing of the grind would be totally called for.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Games which fail to introduce entertaining content use grind instead. Simple as that. In the end nobody is forcing us to get neither the weapons nor the armor. Id rather skip this whole mess of a mod and pile up my AD.

PS: The main problem in Neverwinter is that any gear but the latest is completely irrelevant. You start a new character and as you level up you dont really go thru different sets of armor, you just use whatever blue stuff drops. You dont try to get black ice armor or if you pvp burning armor for example. You just speed run to 70 and save up for whichever is the latest pvp/pve armor. That kinda sucks. No transition making all old zones obsolete once you get your boons. The miserable RP rewards they put in Shar or DR have yet to make me go and do quests there again. This game is nothing but a combat system cosplaying in D&D clothing and Im still here cause I like said combat system.. :|
    Post edited by emilemo on
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I've drawn the line with mod 10.5. I've tried to motivate myself to run the new zone content, but frankly it took me three days to do one set of daillies - too boring to do in one session. I've now got 20 days of VIP left, which I'll log in to get my key daily, but after that I'm history. Only collecting the keys in case I come back some time in the future, which if they keep adding content like 10.5 will not be soon.

That's one 4.1k and seven 2.5k+ toons I've invested a lot of time in that will be shelved. Quite annoying.
  • Options
    blu3armyblu3army Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    Hi all, i dont usually post on forums, but things got out of hand totally. I`m gonna say upfront i`m p2w player so i wanna make that clear at the start.
    I got my gear from FBI, arms, armor and boots, i actually stoped at farming helm piece, and i wanna say i`m totall gear freak, i like good and new gear and that says alot.
    Second, restoring vivified gear wont be a probem `cause i actually farm voninblood 2 times a week 1h and i`m good, BUT, now to the weapons.
    I restored offhand yesterday it costed alot, so now i have 8 days untill mainhand, i got all necesery stuff except daily thingies, and restoring is not a problem for me, but cmon, 15 marks per piece for restoring to blue, how many keys are we are going to need to get it to purple, `cause i`m gonna stop there 3 slots are fine and dmg is good. I dont` know, it is as OP said insane.
    I personaly do not see much options for f2p players obtaining this weapons in some time, maybe even to next mod, unless they are willing to spend so much time fishing and searching for map, it all came to this. Mindless hours of fishing then got to AOS to rng the marks, i remind 30 marks per OH and MH for blue, then purple, that is alot of keys....I totally understand people that have given up on new stuff and skiping the mod, i just wanted to give my 5c as a p2w player and a beta player on this topic, i agree once more, it`s more then insane...

Greetings, Unforgiven GWF THC.
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I m not a fan of voninblood. i wish they add a zero behind each voninblood reward. Though consider my class as HR, i dont need the armor but only the weapon. So not much grind for me. Just need spent 1 or 2 hour a day in SOMI and wait for a fix to HE. Got plenty of time to gather other material till the runic thing filled since u can only get 3 of them a day anyway.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    blu3army said:

Hi all, i dont usually post on forums, but things got out of hand totally. I`m gonna say upfront i`m p2w player so i wanna make that clear at the start.
    I got my gear from FBI, arms, armor and boots, i actually stoped at farming helm piece, and i wanna say i`m totall gear freak, i like good and new gear and that says alot.
    Second, restoring vivified gear wont be a probem `cause i actually farm voninblood 2 times a week 1h and i`m good, BUT, now to the weapons.
    I restored offhand yesterday it costed alot, so now i have 8 days untill mainhand, i got all necesery stuff except daily thingies, and restoring is not a problem for me, but cmon, 15 marks per piece for restoring to blue, how many keys are we are going to need to get it to purple, `cause i`m gonna stop there 3 slots are fine and dmg is good. I dont` know, it is as OP said insane.
    I personaly do not see much options for f2p players obtaining this weapons in some time, maybe even to next mod, unless they are willing to spend so much time fishing and searching for map, it all came to this. Mindless hours of fishing then got to AOS to rng the marks, i remind 30 marks per OH and MH for blue, then purple, that is alot of keys....I totally understand people that have given up on new stuff and skiping the mod, i just wanted to give my 5c as a p2w player and a beta player on this topic, i agree once more, it`s more then insane...

FYI mainhand takes 40 reclaimed runes so you're looking at another 13 days after you restored the offhand.

Is it confirmed that epic/legendary upgrades require 5 of each mark?

Even then my main problem is the arcane brotherhood chest. In the first place it means doing dailies for the whole goddamn mod AGAIN. Then they time gated Assault in such a way that you're passing on seven keys by the time you've unlocked it. Then you get one key a day which means no matter how much you farm the other two keys you are going to be stuck on the arcane brotherhood rewards.

Then the loot is terrible. Anyone that has bothered grinding the HAMSTER out of these weapons and needs the marks has no need for the RP. It's going to save me a bit of AD but otherwise when I look at the rewards I see BtC rings, lots of bound RP I don't really need, and a few chase artifacts. In the end most of what I'll get out of every run is a peridot, some seals, and a few marks. It's almost insulting that they didn't at least guarantee one piece of salvage. They're all uncommon drops so this could run into the same problem FBI has where you run a dungeon and all you get is some seals and a small amount of RP.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    And after all this grinding, mod 11 or 12 will introduce something else that is better, or at least equivalent. Given how much blowback this mod has gotten over the grind, they'd be foolish to make it as difficult to obtain.

THIS is the main reason I'm ignoring the relic gear (armor an weapons). I'm
    Betting that I can wait a few months and get something basically just as good or better in an actually fun way.

In the meantime, my VIP clock is ticking down... down... down.... And my wallet remains firmly closed.
  • Options
    kvet said:

And after all this grinding, mod 11 or 12 will introduce something else that is better, or at least equivalent. Given how much blowback this mod has gotten over the grind, they'd be foolish to make it as difficult to obtain.

THIS is the main reason I'm ignoring the relic gear (armor an weapons). I'm

Betting that I can wait a few months and get something basically just as good or better in an actually fun way.

In the meantime, my VIP clock is ticking down... down... down.... And my wallet remains firmly closed.

Weapons are clearly meant to be BiS for at least a year so that's just wishful thinking.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    kvet said:

All it's going to take is another publisher to drop a F2P game with comparable combat and movement mechanics and a moderately good story and Cryptic's Neverwinter team will be in serious trouble.

Agreed. I keep looking. . . and hoping. I think that there are a lot of games that "do it right" in terms of monetization. I have no problem with Cryptic wanting to make money; we all like to get paid. My problem lies with the way that it has been implemented in this game. That, and the seemingly never ending grind to keep us here (for now at least).

I liken Mod 10/10.5 to Highlander 2 - no one liked it and went back to watching the original over and over.

I guess I should grind Sharandar as I can at least get power points in there ;)

I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    blu3armyblu3army Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    urabask said:

blu3army said:

FYI mainhand takes 40 reclaimed runes so you're looking at another 13 days after you restored the offhand.

Is it confirmed that epic/legendary upgrades require 5 of each mark?

Even then my main problem is the arcane brotherhood chest. In the first place it means doing dailies for the whole goddamn mod AGAIN. Then they time gated Assault in such a way that you're passing on seven keys by the time you've unlocked it. Then you get one key a day which means no matter how much you farm the other two keys you are going to be stuck on the arcane brotherhood rewards.

Then the loot is terrible. Anyone that has bothered grinding the HAMSTER out of these weapons and needs the marks has no need for the RP. It's going to save me a bit of AD but otherwise when I look at the rewards I see BtC rings, lots of bound RP I don't really need, and a few chase artifacts. In the end most of what I'll get out of every run is a peridot, some seals, and a few marks. It's almost insulting that they didn't at least guarantee one piece of salvage. They're all uncommon drops so this could run into the same problem FBI has where you run a dungeon and all you get is some seals and a small amount of RP.
    I`m sorry my bad on that one i did not calculate it good enough ty for correcting me, and no it is not confirmed about the marks, i`m simply stating that 30 marks for both MH and OH is already too much as it is. I`m sure we will need less marks for epic, well i`m hoping so as i cannot know untill i upgrade to blue :smile:

I agree on everything you wrote bellow that. It`s a mess.

Unforgiven GWF THC
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Like many, I await the end of my VIP, I will attend the double RP and winter festivals, just because we are talking about alot of in game currency you can chew through.

But I will not grind out these items, nor will I sit in a boat for hours fishing, its just too much for me..

I know this just sounds like complaining, but Ive actually given up really tyring to get it altarted. I feel bad, I will miss the community and I will miss my guildies, I just hang around as I continue to try out other games.

It doesnt even have to be free to play per se.. but I will not spend thousands either. It has to be a reasonable form or entertainment to me.

Most of the players I know from year 1 are no longer playing the game, nor do I blame them, I saw this coming at the start of mod 10 and that was was I was so negative and adamant that it change, but of course, instead of changing it, they doubled down on it in 10.5.

Its not just the grind, it they way they expect you to get stuff. Fishing and HEs are simply not content I am willing to do anymore, its not really playing a game in my opinion.

I got 5 toons in EQ 1 to original level 60.. and I found that grind to be about 100% more fun.. that including a exp penalty for dying.. and yet it was just more fun , grouping up and killing things.. then it is on this moronic and terrible designed mod 10.

This is by far the lowest point in the game I can think of. This is worse then mod 4 waiting for dragon and mod 6.. broken game.

Mod 10, grind level is beyond anything Ive seen in other mmos Ive played, of course I skipped WOW after i played for a few months.. wasnt my thing, but if this is how WOW level of grinding is, I wouldnt play that either.

We didnt come to neverwinter for your massive grind and gating walls. We came for your action combat system.

However, that is not at all enough to keep me, when the compat system is used for fishiness and hes. Then its worthless anyways.

You made a mistake and you doubled down on it.. gratz
  • Options
    thevaliant#9250 thevaliant Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    I have refused to do the 10.5 content, I'm not interested in fishing. It's not D&D to me. Nothing heroic feeling about sitting in a boat and fishing. I will play the old content until I decide what to do next. This is the opposite way for a game to grow, in my opinion. This is a way to take a basically fun game, and put rewards for boring activity. Bad job in game design. Starting to feel like I need to move on to something else...

The only hope I see is for them to notice that enough people refuse to do it. That and loss of people investing in the game. There is no F2P anywhere, btw. SOMEONE is paying. When those people stop, goodbye game...
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    There is no need getting the new weapons/equipment, think about it:

Weapon set:
    New set:
    - The weapon damage increase from the new weapons is 14,5%.
    - The overcharge from new set gives 10% damage for 10 seconds.

Twisted set:
    - The bloodlust power bonus gives around 9,5% aditional damage for dps classes and tanks near that as well in most situations;

But:

Your output damage is is based on weapon damage and power base damage, like so: (weapon damage + power base damage) * multiplicators(according to the dev that said this this was made so when a player caries a trash weapon but it's fairly high level the output damage is not tottally dependent on the wepon), meaning a 15% weapon damage increase will NOT be a 15% damage output.

30 seconds cooldown on the damage boost, i tried this set and i know both defencive and offencive boosts make part of the same cooldown, but i dont remeber if cooldown starts as soon as bonus end or starts, but lets assume the cooldown goes down when the damage bonus starts, that means 1/3rd of the time the bonus is up, so about a damage boost of 3,3% (if you are a very skilled player abble to keep always damage boost up);

Adding the overcharged bonus with the extra stats from the new weapon set, we get around the same boosts, leaving only weapon damage increase wich will be dependent on class, rotation etc.

Equipment:

About the EF requirement for the new content both from mod 10 and 10.5, i've seen player get in FBI and switch equipment back to "normal", yes it helps and it's advantageous but in most cases it's not needed.

What low cost option can be this module:

First of all get a master's trowel and excavator's potions, it will be worth the ad over the weeks and will also buy you some patience :smiley:, it may seem not worth at first, but it is.

-2 dusk pieces;
    -Get vivified boots (boots can be restored at lowered costs because main reagent is given to you, still the lanolin investment is worth);
    -1 frostborn piece, that will help with EF resist and geting more relics (stats similar to elemental drowcraft);
    -1 Elemental drowcraft equipment, to reduce damage from demons;

On "regular" content, use the dusk set, drowcraft piece, vivified boots;
    On mod 10+ content switch the drowcraft piece to Frostborn (or if you decided go for the FBI equipment 3 set for 10% more damage, much more costy but that's up to you)

How to deal with EF damage:
    Pants/Shirt set;
    New Kits for Shirts/pants with 5% EF damage resist each witch wont sell for much;
    New EF damage resist potion;
    Boons;
    Makos ring;
    Stronghold EF damage resist food;

For the new content:

Giant overload enchants(both offencive and defencive);
    Dragon overload enchants for the turtle in FBI;

Get this and you wont have a problem.

• Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Most of the players I know from year 1 are no longer playing the game, nor do I blame them, I saw this coming at the start of mod 10 and that was was I was so negative and adamant that it change, but of course, instead of changing it, they doubled down on it in 10.5.

Its not just the grind, it they way they expect you to get stuff. Fishing and HEs are simply not content I am willing to do anymore, its not really playing a game in my opinion.

Sadly, I'm in the same boat. Every time I try to do this new mod, I am bored to tears. I can't say it's the grind, it's just moronically designed and boring. I knew there was a big problem when I started doing some chores to procrastinate doing the dailies in the new mod. Just can't do it.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Ive recently rediscovered my low lvl/low IL alts and Im just running low level content. Its not as profitable as fishing(lol) but its way more fun. I get to diversify my gameplay by using forgotten alts which is a nice change of pace from just grinding on my main. I get to make some AD and ultimately I get my game fix for the day without subjecting myself to the mess that is mod 10.

Win for me, loss for Cryptic because I wont be spending money to speed up the climbing of the mountain of grind that is mod 10.
    If you devs ( @panderus , @asterdahl , @mimicking#6533 ) had given me a nice set of transmutation items (for example the old Profane PVP armor) in the Zen store you would have gotten some cash from me but you didnt. Instead you gave us what you gave us. Your mistake. So, after all, I am having some fun in mod 10 but ironically not what you intended.
  • Options
    kalindra said:

kvet said:

One other point - Cryptic better hope another F2P game doesn't come out with an overall as good or better gameplay mechanic as Neverwinter has. People generally aren't playing NW because the content is good - they're playing it because mechanically the movement, world interaction, and combat is (arguably) the best in the F2P genre.

Well, I think the performance, content and mechanic of DCU is indeed better; but it's probably the wrong genre for most.
    If you can live without free world travel and plot, Vindictus may be something for you.
    Ive tried DCUO many times, always uninstalled after a day or two. The movements seemed weird to me as a fan of action combat. Also I couldn't stand the visual and sound effects associated with combat. Neverwinter's combat is indeed best in the F2P market but its also better than many buy to play and even sub games. Only reason Im still here.
  • Options
    nimrosnimros Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Like a lot of you I am just ignoring most of mods 10 and 10.5. I tried fishing for 10 minutes, that was long enough for me. Utterly pathetic. My highest character is 3053 ilvl and so is not high enough to do FBI. I think I have only one or two of the new boons, so my frost resistance isn't high enough either. I refuse to spend trade bars on gear to do one dungeon (Kessell's Retreat all over again).
    Lately I just log in to run CNs and ELOLs for loot and to get the Shard (haven't seen one yet).
    Also been on the lookout for new games, but as mentioned the combat in other games just doesn't compare. I have quit and come back several times to this game, as others just don't measure up in controls.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    DCUO (DC Universe) isn't entirely free to play... like ESO, new DLC requires purchase so only the base game (unlike ESO) is free. This rules DCUO out for me.
  • Options
    My guildie @crizpynutz went researching and here is his result:

So you were talking about the grind introduced in Mod10 and Mod10.5. I wanted to expand on it a bit, just using SOMI (Mod10.5)

Campaign Tasks = 214 Runic Pieces & 13,150 voninblood
    SOMI Campaign Boons = 110 Runic Pieces & 65,000 voninblood

So far at a maximum of 5 Runic Pieces per day you need 324 Runic Pieces for the campaign tasks and boons - which if you do your dailies EVERY day will take you 65 days (minus any weekly quests.)

The Weapons will take another 50,000 voninblood, 5x blue reagent, 8x blue fishing reagent, 60x Reclaimed Rune (5 per day max for dailies), 2 Epic HE Reagents, 2x Epic Crafting Reagents, 40 Dragon Turtle Moults in order to simply restore them to green

If you need to use the Create Frosted Glyph campaign task to refine those weapons then that will cost 35 Runic Pieces and 2,200 voninblood for each Glyph (7 days minimum of doing dailies.)

This is AFTER you have done FBI, finished SKT campaign, does not include the Relic Armor (or Vivified) nor the remainder of getting the weapons past green. This campaign essentially is at a minimum more than a 3 month effort for the BiS and rich crowd in the campaign. It will be much longer for everyone else.

Have a nice day fishing!
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    vida44 said:

If you need to use the Create Frosted Glyph campaign task to refine those weapons then that will cost 35 Runic Pieces and 2,200 voninblood for each Glyph (7 days minimum of doing dailies.)

Frosted glyphs are just overload enchantments, you can check on preview.
    vida44 said:

So far at a maximum of 5 Runic Pieces per day you need 324 Runic Pieces for the campaign tasks and boons - which if you do your dailies EVERY day will take you 65 days (minus any weekly quests.)

You can skip Supply the Elk Tribe if you don't plan on getting greater resist kits. That would put you at 62 runic pieces to get unlock the trial. Boons are terrible past the 4th boon in SKT and most people are skipping them.
    vida44 said:

This is AFTER you have done FBI, finished SKT campaign, does not include the Relic Armor (or Vivified) nor the remainder of getting the weapons past green. This campaign essentially is at a minimum more than a 3 month effort for the BiS and rich crowd in the campaign. It will be much longer for everyone else.

Refining the weapons is basically the one part where Cryptic did well. Anyone that actually finishes the weapons will be able to easily get them to legendary and probably just with RP that drops from maps and the trial.
    vida44 said:

The Weapons will take another 50,000 voninblood, 5x blue reagent, 8x blue fishing reagent, 60x Reclaimed Rune (5 per day max for dailies), 2 Epic HE Reagents, 2x Epic Crafting Reagents, 40 Dragon Turtle Moults in order to simply restore them to green

Reclaimed runes are 3 per day.

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @urabask thx for the info. I almost thought of making that Glyph. Can you show me the tooltip?
  • Options
    foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    I am skipping the whole module 10 -10.5 about the grinding, just doing the weeklies. The boons are bad, and u dont exactly need the new weapons and gear. so skip it, do HE runs from time to time and wait for future gear, they said weapons will always be outdated eventually. the drops from HE apparently sell for some decent AD on AH.
  • Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    urabask said:

You can skip Supply the Elk Tribe if you don't plan on getting greater resist kits. That would put you at 62 runic pieces to get unlock the trial. Boons are terrible past the 4th boon in SKT and most people are skipping them.

Refining the weapons is basically the one part where Cryptic did well. Anyone that actually finishes the weapons will be able to easily get them to legendary and probably just with RP that drops from maps and the trial.

Reclaimed runes are 3 per day.

In terms of the Supply the Elk Tribe, I'm not making decisions for others, just simply stating IF you want to FINISH the campaign and all the steps, which many typically like to do, that's what it will take. Yes, you can skip some steps if you want to leave unfinished tasks and boons. I agree with your assessment of the boons past the 4th and stopped there as well to hoard more voninblood. Still, IF you want to finish it all....

In terms of the getting the weapons to Legendary, you still need the new Marks from the Svardborg Trial to upgrade them to Legendary. Sure you can get RP easy enough, I probably have more than I need already, but that is only part of the process. These are RNG from the Trial chest, hopefully Thomas Foss makes good on his statement that we will see the improved drops in that chest otherwise, you can watch all that RP sit in your storage until you get the marks you need.

As for the reclaimed runes, you are correct, so essentially 20 days for one weapon there.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

In terms of the Supply the Elk Tribe, I'm not making decisions for others, just simply stating IF you want to FINISH the campaign and all the steps, which many typically like to do, that's what it will take. Yes, you can skip some steps if you want to leave unfinished tasks and boons. I agree with your assessment of the boons past the 4th and stopped there as well to hoard more voninblood. Still, IF you want to finish it all....

IMO this kind of sensationalizes the grind while ignoring the worst parts of it when you present it as a 2+ month grind for just SoMI. The worst part is that you essentially had all these long introductory quests for each zone then you had to grind campaigns for weeks. SKT had a bunch of intro quests for each zone then you ground dailies and weeklies for about six weeks. This was bad but the way you could take the quests and go grind HEs for lanolin and complete enough that you were just turning them in made it bearable. That made dailies take around 5-10 minutes a day and weeklies you could spread out throughout the week.

Then SoMI hits and there's 90+ minutes of intro quests before you can even start the campaign. Then you start the campaign and all the quests are on opposite sides of the map from each other and have nothing to do with the HEs. So you have to dedicate about 30+ minutes per toon just for dailies. On some days I reset my profession tasks, do dailies on my three toons and have no time for anything else.

About the only upside is that the weekly is so terrible that you can skip it because you'll be capped on storm giant reputation
    just from running HEs.

As for the reclaimed runes, you are correct, so essentially 20 days for one weapon there.

It's 20 days for both the offhand and mainhand. The mainhand takes 40 runes and the offhand takes 20 runes.

In terms of the getting the weapons to Legendary, you still need the new Marks from the Svardborg Trial to upgrade them to Legendary. Sure you can get RP easy enough, I probably have more than I need already, but that is only part of the process. These are RNG from the Trial chest, hopefully Thomas Foss makes good on his statement that we will see the improved drops in that chest otherwise, you can watch all that RP sit in your storage until you get the marks you need.

This is just moving the goalposts. RP was the big gate before, now the marks are. It's arguable to what degree since we don't know how many legendary or epic marks we'll need or the rate at which they'll drop.

I8r4ux9.jpg