test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Constantly getting dc'd for the past few hours

Comments

• crysis#8003 crysis Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Really hope this gets sorted out lol miss my daily neverwinter fix
  • garibaldricgaribaldric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Having same disconnection issues most weekend have tried other games they seem fine tried VPN think its server end issue. like rest u hope sorted soon.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    pity, this thread went down to "technical support", people maybe won't find it here.
    the problem is drastic, still makes neverwinter unplayable for me.
    at the moment i cannot get beyond the entry screen and this page loaded very slowly.
  • shakhashakha Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hello

From today, since morning I have the same problem as you. There are no opportunities to play. Still, the message "server not responding"
  • phargynphargyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    Same here,.. from UK,... can't stay logged in long enough to invoke, professions,.. as another said,.. even collect VIP key... ={ Not happy will be submitting a ticket for key,.... =/
  • phargynphargyn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    Same here,.. from UK,... can't stay logged in long enough to invoke, professions,.. as another said,.. even collect VIP key... ={ Not happy will be submitting a ticket for key,.... =/
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    If you are playing from the EU you might want to try to select the EU Proxy in the options of the launcher. The time to load the launcher might still take ages, but once you are in you are in the game. Transitioning to another zone might break the connection if something has to be patched (Weirdly enough, the design of this game was made by a genius so that even loading the launcher relies on very heavy data transfer for advertisements).

This way I was able to get the VIP key, do professions and even play a bit. Transitioning to Icewind pass tried to patch 100+ files, leading to a transfer of 0k/s. Basically stalled. This leads me to the assumption that the patch server does not respect the proxy settings.
    May the bytes be with you!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Malaysia here using US proxy. Got occasional lags but no disconnects whatsoever.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    could be regional problem, most seem to be from the Uk, and use the same ISP. I'm with virgin media as well and have had problems for the last 36 hours.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
    there are people from belgium and central europe as well, it's not only a virgin media problem.
    i tried EU proxy twice, took a long time to get past the first screen. then it was slightly better than before, but still unplayable with long "server not responding" episodes followed by DC at some point.
    i made a mistake: there is a EU-proxy patching server and another EU-proxy game play server. i took the first one by mistake, that's why it was practically same feel as without proxy.
    EU-proxy game play server feels much better, i stayed in game for about 5mn now without "server not responding" -- feels playable, lets see how it goes.
  • razor4lpharazor4lpha Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    For me the EU1 proxy was still unplayable - heavy lags, SNR, disconnects (less though).
    Then a few hours later the EU1 proxy got disabled for a while.
    Tried US1 - constant 120sec long SNRs.
    Back to EU1 a few hour later, SNR - disconnects again, just as bad as without proxy.
    I know a few more outside the UK with the same problem - I'm not from the UK either - and our ISPs are not related to each other.
    EU proxy game play server seems to solve my problem. it's very very (!) slow at login and error prone at character change but game play works -- only 2 short "server not responding" in the last hours.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Rubber banding like a mother. Disconnects constantly since Friday evening. U.S. x1
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • mkgnr159mkgnr159 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    now Monday morning here in the ul and yup still the same damn snr and disconnect probs
  • daccura#4102 daccura Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    At least the PC masterrace has a chance to play - RIP console gamers :(
  • luks707luks707 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    In the UK on virgin media also and experiencing same problem. Switched on proxy both for patch and gameplay and it seems to be improved but this is still ridiculous. I believe it was showing me as using EU2. However I can only select EU or US so no idea how I ended up on 2. Perhaps luck?
  • shakhashakha Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Hello

I have the same problem as the others. Since yesterday it is impossible to play. Continuous disconnected.
  • ohms66ohms66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    ilmenira said:

i made a mistake: there is a EU-proxy patching server and another EU-proxy game play server. i took the first one by mistake, that's why it was practically same feel as without proxy.
    EU-proxy game play server feels much better, i stayed in game for about 5mn now without "server not responding" -- feels playable, lets see how it goes.

Where is the setting to choose an EU proxy game play server?
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    In the UK, last night I chose the US gameplay proxy, below patching proxy, and slow launch but it ran sweet, no lag - frame rate was high too ... this morning, I cannot even get the launcher to run past login
    ohms66 said:

ilmenira said:

Where is the setting to choose an EU proxy game play server?
    Nevermind, I am blind. Will give it a try.
  • hermione#7016 hermione Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Also having these problems. coincidentally from UK and Virgin Media too
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Still same problems here in the UK, I also happen to be with Virgin Media. I've also tried switching to the EU proxy server with no improvement :(
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Sa,e problem here. Im from germany. Since yesterday evening rubberbanding, lags, dcs. Switched proxy. Didnt helped.

• neorticbxlneorticbxl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same here in Belgium, trying now with game proxi eu
  • beargogglesbeargoggles Member Posts: 11 Arc User

If you are playing from the EU you might want to try to select the EU Proxy in the options of the launcher. The time to load the launcher might still take ages, but once you are in you are in the game. Transitioning to another zone might break the connection if something has to be patched (Weirdly enough, the design of this game was made by a genius so that even loading the launcher relies on very heavy data transfer for advertisements).

This way I was able to get the VIP key, do professions and even play a bit. Transitioning to Icewind pass tried to patch 100+ files, leading to a transfer of 0k/s. Basically stalled. This leads me to the assumption that the patch server does not respect the proxy settings.
    May the bytes be with you!

Thank you for the instructions. Game is still having trouble conecting now and again but once I'm in it's at least stable and I can play.

Here's hoping they will find a proper solution for it soon though esp for those still having trouble. :(
    I now have both the patch and game servers set to EU proxy in the Cryptic launcher. The game takes a little longer to load up and ping is a bit higher but the game is stable and dungeons and skirmishes are playable, albeit with the occasional lag spike. In a couple of hours I have only had 1 dc when loading the character select screen.
  • garibaldricgaribaldric Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    Just like to thank whoever sorted this ,im now good to go. Just played past 10 mins now full joy.
    edited November 2016
    the website is fast again right now, i wonder if anybody did anything about it... :-))
    mysteries upon mysteries...

edit: i mean, the website is more or less in the same condition for us as the server without proxy... but i wont switch back to "no proxy" right now...

secure is secure
  • dragonsbloodsdragonsbloods Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    we may never know either the truth or the full story, I am ingame currently, but will remove my proxy settings shortly to test if its back to normal - and thanks where appropriate, particularly with the proxy workarounds, this stuff is generally above my paygrade :)