test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Turned Reactions On [Similar to Reddit]

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
I've turned on reactions on the forums, which means you can now Promote, Disagree, Agree, Like, and LOL at a thread or post. Please only use it respectfully so that it helps us all get a snapshot of how a post or thread is going. For example, Disagreeing on maintenance threads is not useful :p .

Tell me how you feel about this new system by reacting to this discussion post. Also, should it stay? Should it go? If it goes, will there be trouble? (points if you know the reference).

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    strum pls let me know the devs are aware BIG Heroic encounters are broken in new zone?
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    Very well done, nice one Andy
  • Options
    imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    What about dislike if we don't like the patch notes though since disagree is not an option
    @strumslinger
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

What about dislike if we don't like the patch notes though since disagree is not an option

@strumslinger

I think they'll get the point if there are 100+ disagrees on the OP in a patch thread.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    This is nice and all, but any chance we can get the forums fixed? Having the links to the various subtopics restored and last post information actually current would be a welcome return.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

This is nice and all, but any chance we can get the forums fixed? Having the links to the various subtopics restored and last post information actually current would be a welcome return.

A lot of that is Vanilla's doing. They are working on it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Tell me how you feel about this new system by reacting to this discussion post. Also, should it stay? Should it go? If it goes, will there be trouble? (points if you know the reference).

Wild guess, a slight reworking of the lyrics to The Clash single 'Should I stay or Should I go' from way back in 1982 ? :)

• Options
    trivialrage#6656 trivialrage Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Don't get used to this, they will nerf it shortly.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    *Hovers over the thread about dungeon keys*
    *Hovers the dislike button*
    *Internet breaks*
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    This feature will most certainly work as well as on the reddit...​​
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Let it stay. I like this feature instead of being a keyboard warrior.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    I strongly disagree with the addition of this feature. The point of a forum is to discuss stuff, not to be a popularity contest and although the intention of this feature is not to be a popularity contest, that is how it will end up being used. I will not be using the agree/disagree/like/lol buttons as a result of this.
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    A few thoughts:
    • The likes or disagrees are shown as a tiny number. A reader only notices them if he or she makes a conscious effort to check.
    • The only ranking system seems to be in the "Best Of..." link (http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/bestof/everything). However, the bestof comments are shown out of context, so I doubt many people will bother using that aggregation.
    • Because the system isn't anonymous, I'll probably only use this to give a thumbs-up to good posts. I doubt that I'll use Disagree because even if a comment warrants it, I don't want the drama.
    • I wonder how long it will take before a troll goes through someone's post history and Disagrees every comment.
    • edit: The likes or disagrees are only shown for logged-in users.

Post edited by two30 on
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    While "agree" could replace any number of "+1" posts, it is less visible, so I'm not sure users will want to see feedback they consider important, but already expressed by someone else, relegated to a tally.

As for the reference, I'm an aging punk rocker. I think you'd have to take my card away or something if I didn't know it.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 186 Arc User
    rapo973 said:

Good job.
    Many times a one-click reaction is better than 1000 words.

I see it vice versa, a click can never replace a good argument, it is what I always try explain to my pupils: please give reasons why you like or dislike something, otherwise your feedback is useless.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Default CSS

Modified .Reactions .Count{font-size: 100%;}

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    kreatyve wrote: »

It's not really like Reddit, as it's not moving things up and down. It's more like Facebook.

Not what I meant. The feature will eventually be used to "downvote" and troll people, regardless of the stuff they post. Also negative comments about the state of the game will receive a lot of agreement. I personally would at least scratch the disagree button. It only supports negativity.​​
  • Options
    More notes:
    • You can unlike a comment by clicking Like a second time.
    • Hovering over a reaction button shows the 10 most recent users who made that reaction (sorted with the most recent at the top).
    • Strumslinger can react to his own comments, but I can't react to my own. Administrator privilege I suppose.
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    reminds me of facebook and those weirdos that are liking their own posts and comments. Maybe I should try that and like everything I say, then I agree to myself and then I Lol at me for being a genius.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I'd be fine with just the Like and Lol. I think Like and Agree are used interchangeably even though they have different inferences.

I don't think it's necessary to have a Disagree option. You never see someone saying " -1 ", this is where discussion is promoted by people 'vocalising' their differing opinion and if someone is going to disagree with something I'd prefer them to articulate it.

I also think lots of Disagrees can have a negative impact on users input. Previously a person would get maybe a couple of people disagree by posting, but someone getting a ton of Disagrees would probably intimidate them into silence.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox