Piercing in PVE

2»

Comments

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

lirithiel said:

divectore said:

lirithiel said:

I prefer PG over TC as I use Wild Hunt Rider which seems to proc off PG every so often (better on DoTs). I'll really only use TC/StS on Tia and maybe dragons but I just find my whole rotation goes smoother with PG even though it has a rather long CD. It also means I can get in more TS which is a load of damage in itself.

For melee HR, throw caution is a 25% more damage for 8 seconds, it's like hidden daggers.
    You say 25%? I thought it was only 10%.
    45% damage bonus with feat but leaves you with 15% damage resistance debuff while it's active.

No feats will be 40% damage bonus, 20% damage resistance debuff.
    Shoot, well there goes PG. Hello TC again! Thx for the clarification.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    When you say "for a melee HR" doesn't throw caution buff ranged encounters too..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

When you say "for a melee HR" doesn't throw caution buff ranged encounters too..?

I mean you can use it while being archery, but you won't get the benefits from combat feat, plus it requires to be at 15 range from a enemy, so by the time you get close and then back up to get the bonuses from archery feats, you will already waste half of the buff, for that matter longstrider shot would be a better option

lirithiel said:

divectore said:

lirithiel said:

I prefer PG over TC as I use Wild Hunt Rider which seems to proc off PG every so often (better on DoTs). I'll really only use TC/StS on Tia and maybe dragons but I just find my whole rotation goes smoother with PG even though it has a rather long CD. It also means I can get in more TS which is a load of damage in itself.

For melee HR, throw caution is a 25% more damage for 8 seconds, it's like hidden daggers.
    45% damage bonus with feat but leaves you with 15% damage resistance debuff while it's active.

I don't know how you get those numbers, it's a 15% increase in damage base + 5 from combat feat, so 20% increase in damage, and your damage resistance is debuffed by 25% base, reducing 5% each rank for a total 10% damage resistence debuff at rank 4, combat feat reduing it further 5% it's not working at all. so you still take 10% damage,
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    divectore said:

jonkoca said:

I mean you can use it while being archery, but you won't get the benefits from combat feat, plus it requires to be at 15 range from a enemy, so by the time you get close and then back up to get the bonuses from archery feats, you will already waste half of the buff, for that matter longstrider shot would be a better option

lirithiel said:

divectore said:

lirithiel said:

I don't know how you get those numbers, it's a 15% increase in damage base + 5 from combat feat, so 20% increase in damage, and your damage resistance is debuffed by 25% base, reducing 5% each rank for a total 10% damage resistence debuff at rank 4, combat feat reduing it further 5% it's not working at all. so you still take 10% damage,
    Oh. It increases damage dealt from Throw Caution, not a damage buff. My mistake.