test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stronghold Encounters respawn broken?

imathilimathil Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
Since the last patch for Sea of Moving Ice we have noticed in our Stronghold that the encounters do not regenerate. Timed it with a SINGLE T2 encounter on the map for 14 mins, blank map for 4 mins then a SINGLE T3 on the map for 14 mins. 45+ mins before a T1 encounter, a single encounter, was respawned on the map. Can anyone else verify they are seeing this on their Stronghold map?

Imathil
Storm of the Phoenix

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I can't confirm anything about the exact behavior, but there are many complaints about SH HEs being not right in some way.

Failure to respawn may explain reports of the small HEs being missing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    We'll add our voice to this - smaller HEs such as Beasts & Devils DO NOT seem to be dropping with any regularity - is this WAI from last patch or is it broken?

I've opened a ticket tonight after a barrage of woes from Guildies about the inability to generate the much needed Influence!

Glad [in a weird way] that it's not just us!
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• kieranmtornkieranmtorn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    The small HE's in stronghold aren't promptly spawning on completing them. I did 2 small's (all that were present in instance) and a large HE and in the time for me to complete (solo) Giants among the Dead, no small HE's spawned.
  • arrowgon#3496 arrowgon Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    We are experiencing the exact same thing. We have been trying to run influence and the last time we saw a t1 was over an hour ago. The most we have had on the map at any given time is two t2s and one t3. We noticed this started right after the release of the Sea of Moving Ice.

***UPDATE*** We did some testing on the guild map and found you can complete T1 heroics one time and then have to leave the guild map and come back; coming back resets the T1 HEs. It appears there is no spawn timer attached to the T1s once they are completed and can only be reset by leaving and coming back to the map. In order for this to work, every member must leave the guild map. We tested this on 4 guild maps in our alliance to ensure accuracy.

We have also noticed another bug in the guild roster. When you open the guild roster, select 'Show Offline Players', however over a players name, a large black box containing an xml. style format appears w/ different log in times and days. It used to be it showed you the last time that player logged in. Is this on purpose?
    Post edited by arrowgon#3496 on
  • covawarmagecovawarmage Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    thank you for the advice, getting everyone to leave and then come back got the encounters back but this is very time consuming, hopeful this was not done on purpose and a more permanent fix is underway

-Cova, Founder of Wraithguard
  • commanderandercommanderander Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 93 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone,

I've investigated this and found the issue with small HE's not respawning. Higher rank HE's do not have this issue and will continue to respawn after they're completed.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes (I know because I'm usually running the small HE's at night for inf), and I'll be working with our production team to see how quickly we can get the fix pushed out.
    Sean "Commander Ander" McCann - Content Designer
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Hi everyone,

I've investigated this and found the issue with small HE's not respawning. Higher rank HE's do not have this issue and will continue to respawn after they're completed.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this causes (I know because I'm usually running the small HE's at night for inf), and I'll be working with our production team to see how quickly we can get the fix pushed out.

That might be true in the Strongholds but on the SKT maps there's an issue where large HEs stop spawning (along with various issues where some of them are unable to be completed. e.g. NPCs in Refugee Rescue will stop moving if you go through it too fast. Backs Against the Wall sometimes will get stuck and stop spawning waves of mobs). I haven't even see a large HE in SoMI yet. Chat is full of people looking for them and the restoration materials are sitting at ridiculous prices on the AH as a result (600k for frozenfar mistlteoe and evermelt spring water, 50k for Turtle Moult).
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    i can confirm BHE in SOMI are NOT WORKING
  • arrowgon#3496 arrowgon Member Posts: 33 Arc User

Hi everyone,

Hi Commanderander,

Any update on timeframe for the fix to come out? We have a lot of guild members who have stopped running influence because of this. Thank you.