test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Emergency Maintenance [11/8] - COMPLETE

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited November 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Neverwinter will undergo emergency maintenance today at 5PM PT for roughly two hours to fix the camera zoom issue with khyeks.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Post edited by strumslinger on

Comments

• empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    So much for being able to play tonight :(
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Somehow, I don't think this is the real reason. This does not seem to be something you can't wait for the morning (the usual "quick" action) and have to do that in OT.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • A warning on the launcher would've been nice. Five-minute warnings are not cool, guys. :(
  • empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User

Somehow, I don't think this is the real reason. This does not seem to be something you can't wait for the morning (the usual "quick" action) and have to do that in OT.

ya this doesn't seem something you would want to rush out a fix for it that quickly either. The shake doesn't seem to be near as bad as the blizzard effects in bryn shandar on release of SKT which they didn't do emergency maintenance on. That was much worse than this.
  • sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    frankly it was making me seriously sick to my stomach, i nearly puked
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    It's really really bad when it happens, I only had it very very very rarely, but it would make the game unplayable if it didn't stop. Still.... I demand 20,000 voininblood for everyone!! :)

Andy nice livestream earlier. Thanks.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    Yes they need to get that fixed and the HEs in the stronghold fixed.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    It's making people physically ill, so yes, the sooner they fix it, the better.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Great, I was getting headache from it. Quest line is kinda long itself and this constant zooming was making it much longer and painful than it should be...
    200_s.gif
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Oh well, I guess I won't have to suffer the bad camera -- but I won't be able to play either. :/
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• hannes#6947 hannes Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    zajojajo said:

2 hours ? jesus christ guys plsss faster

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Can someone explain why the login server is down to fix camera zoom? All notifications are gone from the calander on the launcher page... Just seems to be more than meets the eye..
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Please fix 'bug' with fishing. Make it optional please.
    Half an hour fishing in HE zone and got 100 points... really?!
  • okeepheokeephe Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    'A warning on the launcher would've been nice. Five-minute warnings are not cool, guys'

They started at 1/2hr, you can't ask for much more.
  • sonji#4352 sonji Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    Hopefully they fixing the paladin vow skill cause that was bull. half my rotation relys on that skill and not being able to cast it for a full min if its on and the mob dies is Bull if you ask me
  • okeephe said:

'A warning on the launcher would've been nice. Five-minute warnings are not cool, guys'

They started at 1/2hr, you can't ask for much more.

And that would be relevant if I was logged into the game at 7:30 (eastern). But I was not. I logged in at 7:55 and got a message that they would be doing maintenance in five minutes. It was just an unpleasant surprise that would've been avoided with a message on the launcher for the people who weren't playing at the time. *shrug*
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I for one am happy they are fixing it and fast. I logged in as soon as the green light popped after the patch and took me all but the last few minutes to get thru the intro stuff to new zone. I had to take so many breaks as the zoom in/out constantly was making me sick.

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    No this is a real issue. The rapid zoom in and out made me want to vomit. Thanks for the fix!
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    So how did something like this not get caught in preview? Not that it matters much. I'd ready given up on the new content after just reading the forums. Only thing I'm upset with is not being able to do my daily dungeons and invokes tonight.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    The last time I was in preview it was not doing the shaking etc. So it was probably something they did from the last build on preview and when it went to live.
  • beargarbeargar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    They also need to fix the DC's chains graphic bug, Anointed Army and ancient Warding. Anointed Army is giving 100% damage reduction and Ancient Warding isnt working at all.
  • cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User

So how did something like this not get caught in preview? Not that it matters much. I'd ready given up on the new content after just reading the forums. Only thing I'm upset with is not being able to do my daily dungeons and invokes tonight.

Feedback on preview was sparse. I'm not sure if that is reflective of the lack of excitement for more stupidly high Voningrind or if folks have given up, I didn't even bother.... Giving feedback that is ignored mod after mod, you realize donating precious time to people who are getting paid to ignore is a waste.
  • beargarbeargar Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Also FBI chest should give Lanolin.
  • sonji#4352 sonji Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    beargar said:

They also need to fix the DC's chains graphic bug, Anointed Army and ancient Warding. Anointed Army is giving 100% damage reduction and Ancient Warding isnt working at all.

Ya that and the Vow for pallys. i use mine regularly both in solo and in boss fights, now the animation doesnt work right its hard to see and if something dies, or you use the new cancle feature on it, the skill wont actually cast right it gives the animation of casting takes the time like its casting but goes to instant cool down and no effect.

If something aint broke dont fix it please. OP and DC were both working pretty well. IK the pally Vow was working perfect and honestly i dont see the need to turn it off. after all its a vow to the paladins god saying that is my monster i am killing it for you. once you make that oath, a paladin would not be able to cancle it without cancleing himself and what he is. so personally put it back to the way it was.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

beargar said:

Ya that and the Vow for pallys. i use mine regularly both in solo and in boss fights, now the animation doesnt work right its hard to see and if something dies, or you use the new cancle feature on it, the skill wont actually cast right it gives the animation of casting takes the time like its casting but goes to instant cool down and no effect.

If something aint broke dont fix it please. OP and DC were both working pretty well. IK the pally Vow was working perfect and honestly i dont see the need to turn it off. after all its a vow to the paladins god saying that is my monster i am killing it for you. once you make that oath, a paladin would not be able to cancle it without cancleing himself and what he is. so personally put it back to the way it was.
    Add HR's Thorn Ward (it's a non-mob targeting AoE encounter but it auto-cancels itself pretty often during fights) to the list.

• pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Thorn Ward mostly seems to cancel if you move while casting it. It however doesn't go into cooldown in this case.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    pitshade said:

Thorn Ward mostly seems to cancel if you move while casting it. It however doesn't go into cooldown in this case.

It's the same thing when I'm standing and cast. I have 2 DoTs to cast: Split the Sky, Thorn Ward. Split the Sky has problems with casting range after I stop moving.
  • voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    It must be more them just a zoom issue. I feel like the entire zone is killing my graphics, in particular figthing graphics which seem to have changed.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
This discussion has been closed.