test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Worried that GWFs are overperforming in PVE.

2»

Comments

• ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User

Na, most nerfs are based on forum complaints, showboating or player bug reports.

Doubt it. I see lots of people complaining GWF's damage but no nerf hit. We all complaining about Sentinel and Instigator not working for PvE but no rework. Unstoppable curse is still with us.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Na, most nerfs are based on forum complaints, showboating or player bug reports.

I agree.

Hence this thread. Ever since HRs got buffed with the addition of mod 10, pvp GWFs began a campaign of nerf threads aimed at removing the HR classes' newfound abilities to perfom effectively, after 3 mods of increasing uselessness.

There was no apparant willingness to "stop crying and adapt" no particular investigation on their part to the realities of the situation - that with comparable gear and team make up piercing and plantgrowth are not overpowered - and no consideration to what the outcomes would mean for the pve HRs, just a straight campaign of "HR OP, nerf plz." No consideration for the pvp HRs who after 3 mods of trapper or nothing, would be forced into a choice of respeccing back into a build that tbh, is ineffective anyway, or quitting pvp altogether.

Hypocrites.

Anyway. I don't want pve gwfs nerfed. This is a nerf thread, despite being carefully worded as were all the other "oh no, this isn't a nerf thread" posts concerning the HRs. At least I have the honesty to admit it as such.

Close the thread please.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • boothy#7543 boothy Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I think GWF is fine where it is.. if you step back and take a look at the classes, you would probably expect the big guy with the huge two-handed sword to do the most damage right?

I mean theres no real use other than damage, no cc ability.. just run in and whack-a-mole. CW HR SW all get to sit back and throw attacks, take little dmg, cc, utility/buffs and have very little to worry about other than the odd red circle to dodge (im looking at you twin fire scorpions!) The TR is a little more intricate.

But honestly if the GREAT WEAPON fighter cant hit the hardest who should?

P.S i main sw. And i do have a gwf. no salt intended
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    All this talk about utility and cc is so stupid imo. SWs dont offer much of anything to the party and still got a huge dps nerf. But i would prefer rather to nerf gwf buff the other classes so they are kinda equal again
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Playing a support class as main, I don't have any problem with the GWF.
    I use to focus on the overall performance of the team where the paingiver board is meaningless if everyone does his/her job.
    I often run FBI without GWFs: when properly built and when they know how to play, CWs, HRs, TRs and SWs are competitive and powerful enough to complete the dungeon in 45 mins or less.
    GWFs are one of the ingredient to have a performing team, they are always welcome, but they are not THE ingredient.
    I mainly cast Anointed Army to support the tank and the team in general: the benefit on a GWF is a plus.
    Think about Orcus as an example: the tank in front of him, I'm behind Orcus casting AA to support the tank mainly. As a melee class the GWF is there by default. I still see today many ranged players who don't know how to take benefit of AA or any buff in general and then crying because they underperform.
    A lot of players still don't know that a power buff DC has a limited buff range (BoB, WoL, AA) and they keep on playing as far as possible.
    My two cents, just to say that the picture is bigger than the paingiver board.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    This poll is senseless and i think it causes only flames. So many classes need balances/buffs/reworks, but i can read on almost every day some one claiming that GWFs should be nerfed/toned down etc.
    This is soooooo boring.

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    vida44 said:

And I don't know if you notice how "balance" works in this game. It's not balance actually, it's more like "we see you are all using this encounter the most, so we will nerf it, si that you can play this encounter from now on". It's actually forcing you to play as they want the game to be played.

True. Except that on this occasion an outcry from the pvp crowd directly led to PG being nerfed - not toned down but NERFED BY 50%. Jesus Christ PG is the only high-damaging encounter we have, ofc every freaking HR is going to use it. Everything else hits like a wet noodle.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

vida44 said:

And I don't know if you notice how "balance" works in this game. It's not balance actually, it's more like "we see you are all using this encounter the most, so we will nerf it, si that you can play this encounter from now on". It's actually forcing you to play as they want the game to be played.

True. Except that on this occasion an outcry from the pvp crowd directly led to PG being nerfed - not toned down but NERFED BY 50%. Jesus Christ PG is the only high-damaging encounter we have, ofc every freaking HR is going to use it. Everything else hits like a wet noodle.
    Guess I'm the only outlier here lol Most HRs will use PG. Me and PG isn't exactly good friends to play around with.

I'm done playing quiet. I'm gonna make noise all round until all classes gets their QQ they deserves, all in the name of 'balance'.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Closing this up as it's nothing more than a thinly veiled nerf request. If you want to post a balance thread, be prepared to back it up with facts and evidence. Thanks.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.