test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dragonborn Legend Pack

slyslepkava#8596 slyslepkava Member Posts: 41 Arc User
The Dragonborn Legend Pack is still not in the zen market. This must be a bug, since it is in the zen market on PC. The same goes for the Knight of the Feywild Pack and the Heirloom Pack.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Could @Strumslinger or another mod respond in regards to this oversight?

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    The Dragonborn pack and Heirloom Pack is in the PS Store market.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ravenskya said:

The Dragonborn pack and Heirloom Pack is in the PS Store market.

I'm aware of that. It should be in the zen market, as it is on PC.

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Right now, it is only available in the PS Store. I have no knowledge of any plans for it to make it to the in-game Zen Market, but that is not to say that there aren't plans.
  • Options
    I appreciate the response! I just wanted to bring it up in case it isn't being discussed. I believe non-paying players should have a shot at unlocking every perk that paying players can. I realize that we can unlock the metallic ancestral dragonborn race, but that is not the same thing, nor does it include the same items as the pack. I know in the grand scheme of things, my beliefs aren't only a small piece of the puzzle, but I thought it would be good to start the discussion.
  • Options
    Can this be moved to general discussion? I feel this topic is relevant due to current conversations about key changes, and the possible reasons behind keeping the Dragonborn pack behind a PSN only paywall.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

I appreciate the response! I just wanted to bring it up in case it isn't being discussed. I believe non-paying players should have a shot at unlocking every perk that paying players can. I realize that we can unlock the metallic ancestral dragonborn race, but that is not the same thing, nor does it include the same items as the pack. I know in the grand scheme of things, my beliefs aren't only a small piece of the puzzle, but I thought it would be good to start the discussion.

Most welcome and I agree! As a PS4 player myself, I do hope to see this available through in game means as well.

Can this be moved to general discussion? I feel this topic is relevant due to current conversations about key changes, and the possible reasons behind keeping the Dragonborn pack behind a PSN only paywall.

Sure thing! Done!

• Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User

Elaborate?

Because I know for me personally, I'll pay money for it .
    But not $75.
    30% off Sale, minimum, and I'll think about it.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Elaborate?

Because I know for me personally, I'll pay money for it .
    But not $75.
    30% off Sale, minimum, and I'll think about it.
    No problem! The PC player base is currently in a frenzy due to proposed changes to the end of dungeon chest and key interactions. Currently, you can peak into the chest, and chose not to use a key if you don't like the contents. This seems like a fair balance currently due to the very low drop rate of good items you'd actually want from the chests. With the changes coming, every time you look into a chest, you will use a key, regardless of what is inside. Some players see this as a money grab to get players to purchase more keys from the Zen market. I'm not sure about that, but that's the story.

How it correlates to the topic of the Dragonborn Legend Pack? I believe that the Dragonborn Legend Pack was put behind a PSN paywall to force, for lack of a better word, players to pay real cash for the dragon race, as opposed to being able to farm for it themselves, or worst case scenario, purchase third party AD and use the AD to buy the pack. With the current implementation, they ensure that they get paid. You could call it a money grab, however I don't think it's that sinister. However, on PC, the pack is in the Zen market. The precedent for the pack existing in the Zen market already exists. .

Again, I believe this relates to the "key crisis" due to the level of player feedback. There will likely be tweaks to what they had originally planned with the key implementation due to the level of emotion/outrage players have expressed.

The absence of major packs from the PS4 Zen market has largely flown under the radar. I believe that we should bring it to the attention of the developers that we DO wish to have the pack in the Zen market. The currently implementation is likely to never change if we simply ignore it, so I think it is important to start asking questions. Where is the pack? When can we expect it? We could have them considering it, at the very least, and let them know we are interested in it.

Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting we hop on the dev bashing bandwagon that has emerged because of the key changes, I just want to bring this topic to the Cryptic's attention.

Sorry if there are errors here or above...super tired!
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    If you want the Dragonborn race play the lottery with the Glorious LB as there are the metallic race option if you get a legendary pack.

As for PC vs PS4. We need to compare PS4 to XBox1 as both are console and maybe it is not cryptic but Sony and MS making that call. Don't forget Sony and MS make some money off the items in their stores and therefore Cryptic may have a contract forbidding them to sell specific items in the zen market to ensure that Sony also makes a small profit off some more desirable items such as the packs that offer quite a bit, like the Dragonborn pack.

I bought the packs as they offered a good return for my investment in them with mounts, companions, and even bags. It is why I had no issue paying for them with real world money.

If you really want to play as a dragonborn, save up 20-30 million AD and buy the metallic dragonborn race.
  • Options
    rudakusrudakus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    It was available on Xbox zen store, along with the north pack and the heirloom pack, when i stopped playing over there and moved to ps4. I assume it still is.
  • Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Thanks Sly.

Yeah, regarding the key change upcoming.
    If that truly is their intent, it's a stupid move.
    I won't be buying keys, I'll simply stop making them.
    And most likely stop running that content. Or run it far less.
    Which will eventually lead me to most likely stop playing when I run out of things to do.
  • Options

If you want the Dragonborn race play the lottery with the Glorious LB as there are the metallic race option if you get a legendary pack.

As for PC vs PS4. We need to compare PS4 to XBox1 as both are console and maybe it is not cryptic but Sony and MS making that call. Don't forget Sony and MS make some money off the items in their stores and therefore Cryptic may have a contract forbidding them to sell specific items in the zen market to ensure that Sony also makes a small profit off some more desirable items such as the packs that offer quite a bit, like the Dragonborn pack.

I bought the packs as they offered a good return for my investment in them with mounts, companions, and even bags. It is why I had no issue paying for them with real world money.

If you really want to play as a dragonborn, save up 20-30 million AD and buy the metallic dragonborn race.

You're singling out a part of my argument that wasn't even there. This seems to be happening a lot. "If you want to play the Dragonborn race, save up AD". I never indicated that I wanted to play the Dragonborn race, but that I expressed interest in having the whole pack, among other packs, made available.

I disagree with the second part. Neverwinter on PS4 is in its infancy, and we need to look to the precedents (I keep using that word, I need a thesaurus) set by PC to get a clearer picture of what we are missing. It is why people are still going bananas over the owlbear cub. It is coming, they just want to know when! The rest of the paragraph has some good points, and it is why I wanted to ask the question...because no one knows.
  • Options
    So, we got the Feywild Pack! I think that bodes well for the future of the Dragonborne Pack. My best guess is that if they did release it, it would be some time after Black Friday. It could, however, be released as part of the Black Friday deals....but that seems a little too optimistic.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

So, we got the Feywild Pack! I think that bodes well for the future of the Dragonborne Pack. My best guess is that if they did release it, it would be some time after Black Friday. It could, however, be released as part of the Black Friday deals....but that seems a little too optimistic.

Hopefully in the future.

I honestly thought that the only thing in the zen market for the Dragonborn pack was the Dragonborn race and not the full package. If the PC has the full pack, than yes it should be added in due time.
  • Options
    buddyva#2754 buddyva Member Posts: 28 Arc User

The Dragonborn Legend Pack is still not in the zen market. This must be a bug, since it is in the zen market on PC. The same goes for the Knight of the Feywild Pack and the Heirloom Pack.

How much Zen is it on the Zen Market for PC?
  • Options
    nubmaker#5754 nubmaker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Pack is useless, artifact is junk. If your gona put money into the game, buy something else, like a zen mount, convert some ad and buy a good artifact or some coal wards and what not.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

7500 Zen. Which is where they get the 75 dollar price in the PSN store. There is absolutely no way that the pack is worth more than a brand new ps4 game...but I assume they get away with charging this price because people can farm the Zen on their own to acquire the pack. Like stated by Nubmaker above, the pack isn't AMAZING, and that amount of AD could go a long way.

These are the contents of the pack, from the wiki.

Dragonborn race--- account unlock
    1 Character Slot --- account unlock
    Dragonborn Ceremonial fashion --- each character on account
    Dragonborn Warrior fashion--- each character on account
    [Heart of the Red Dragon] artifact--- each character on account
    [Ring of the Dragonslayer] --- each character on account
    [Dragon Hoard] --- each character on account
    [Dragon's Hoard Enchantment]--- claim once
    5 Greater Dragon Glyphs--- claim once, dissipate
    [Draconic Enchantment, Rank 8] --- claim once
    Bahamut Regalia--- claim once
    Race Reroll Token--- single use

The Heart of the Red Dragon has regeneration as one of its 3 stats, along with power and defense, which limits its usefulness.
    It's kind of like the Cleric Sigil...without the awesome active, which is power, defense and incoming healing bonus.

All that said, I will probably still get the pack.

• Options
    buddyva#2754 buddyva Member Posts: 28 Arc User

7500 Zen. Which is where they get the 75 dollar price in the PSN store. There is absolutely no way that the pack is worth more than a brand new ps4 game...but I assume they get away with charging this price because people can farm the Zen on their own to acquire the pack. Like stated by Nubmaker above, the pack isn't AMAZING, and that amount of AD could go a long way.

These are the contents of the pack, from the wiki.

Dragonborn race--- account unlock
    1 Character Slot --- account unlock
    Dragonborn Ceremonial fashion --- each character on account
    Dragonborn Warrior fashion--- each character on account
    [Heart of the Red Dragon] artifact--- each character on account
    [Ring of the Dragonslayer] --- each character on account
    [Dragon Hoard] --- each character on account
    [Dragon's Hoard Enchantment]--- claim once
    5 Greater Dragon Glyphs--- claim once, dissipate
    [Draconic Enchantment, Rank 8] --- claim once
    Bahamut Regalia--- claim once
    Race Reroll Token--- single use

The Heart of the Red Dragon has regeneration as one of its 3 stats, along with power and defense, which limits its usefulness.
    It's kind of like the Cleric Sigil...without the awesome active, which is power, defense and incoming healing bonus.

All that said, I will probably still get the pack.

I want it too. Thanks for the info!
  • Options
    nubmaker#5754 nubmaker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    ..you will be fairly dissapointed..j/s lol
  • Options
    edited November 2016

..you will be fairly dissapointed..j/s lol

Nah, we already know what is in the pack. The contents are a bit disappointing, but the race unlock is worth 2500 Zen in my book, and the Race Reroll token is valued at 2000 Zen, a character slot is 250 Zen,...and the rest I will value at 0 Zen.

So, 7500 is a bit much....especially if you believe, like I do, that the Race Reroll token should be a bind on character item in this pack, and offered to every character on your account, or should not be included in the price of the pack if it is for one character.