What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

super annoyed

2»

Comments

• Options
    anarchjackanarchjack Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    A lot of this complaint stems from pugging and/or running with players who don't know their class and what stats they need. While Player skill is a factor, none of the 1600 dungeons remotely qualify as having hard mechanics. In other mmo's there are fights with a lot more mechanic hoops to jump through for bosses. So best advice, learn your class, know what stats you need for said class, and be able to learn basic mechanics.
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User

A lot of this complaint stems from pugging and/or running with players who don't know their class and what stats they need. While Player skill is a factor, none of the 1600 dungeons remotely qualify as having hard mechanics. In other mmo's there are fights with a lot more mechanic hoops to jump through for bosses. So best advice, learn your class, know what stats you need for said class, and be able to learn basic mechanics.

Well Lostmauth can be a pain, more jumping and evading in there than actually fighting. Feels more like Super Mario when the left door opens. Plus you have to learn about standing on the pentagon etc midway through the main boss fight etc...as well as splitting the scorpions. Lots to know if it's your first run

• Options
    garbaush#5740 garbaush Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I use the mic I talk strategy with whoever will listen. Im a hr combat paragon path. I know my role. That could be an issue if the others don't. I do everything im "supposed" to do. Just not doing tyranny until a it's a Lil easier or I get everything for every other campaign. .. which im pretty darn close to doing. Minus bryn haven't really gone there yet. "Frost damage gear" soon though.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Well Lostmauth can be a pain, more jumping and evading in there than actually fighting. Feels more like Super Mario when the left door opens. Plus you have to learn about standing on the pentagon etc midway through the main boss fight etc...as well as splitting the scorpions. Lots to know if it's your first run

Lostmauth is the only area where my game constantly freezes up and only on him. I gave up trying to play that dungeon just for that fact.

Know your role is very common in MMOs. The other thing is players thinking I'm a healer as a DC or GF. Both roles offer the support role and the DPS role. Just because I can heal, doesn't mean I am setup to heal.
  • Options
    slyslepkava#8596 slyslepkava Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2016

Lostmauth is the only area where my game constantly freezes up and only on him. I gave up trying to play that dungeon just for that fact.

Know your role is very common in MMOs. The other thing is players thinking I'm a healer as a DC or GF. Both roles offer the support role and the DPS role. Just because I can heal, doesn't mean I am setup to heal.
    Most DCs can heal nicely with the uber heal nuke that is empowered Bastion of Health. This is, of course, in another world where teammates don't run away from heals like their coconuts are on fire. Unless people are new, when they pick up a DC, they know what they are getting....some clutch heals here and there, but not enough to rely on if you are a dps who can't self sustain or avoid the red, and some great buffs.
  • Options
    slyslepkava#8596 slyslepkava Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    Double Post! Might as well add something...Lostmauth is my least favorite dungeon. I like the platforming, but I hate being juggled during the Lostmauth fight. I want to play the game, not spend half the time face down in CC hell.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Funny Lostmauth is my favorite dungeon
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    choss#6733 choss Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Lostmauth is just a pain in the butt. Although I'm learning if you stick near your healer and just be very aware of when you need to move you're fine. Noticing most of the epic dungeons themselves aren't difficult it's just learning the mechanics of the boss fights and the environment.
  • Options

Lostmauth is just a pain in the butt. Although I'm learning if you stick near your healer and just be very aware of when you need to move you're fine. Noticing most of the epic dungeons themselves aren't difficult it's just learning the mechanics of the boss fights and the environment.

Yeah - sorry about dragging you into Lostmauth 20 minutes after joining the guild... It would have gone much better if we had brought our own tank. That poor random was really not holding up to the tanking part well. He seemed to get the logistics, just didn't have the stats quite yet to hold up to the scorpions/lasers.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    Oh no worries like I had said it was my second time there. The experience was good and it went smoother than my first run. I think now that I know to really focus on positioning near the healer and to keep moving around the scorpions I'll be fine.
  • Options

Oh no worries like I had said it was my second time there. The experience was good and it went smoother than my first run. I think now that I know to really focus on positioning near the healer and to keep moving around the scorpions I'll be fine.

For not being in the chat with us, you did really well - we weren't sure what to expect and didn't know if you had been in there or not.

Key things to remember with eLoL (especially if pugging)
    1) Don't step in the scorpion poo
    2) focus on 1 scorpion even if the tank is tanking both
    3) lostmauth is a jerk, DPS should focus on armpits and stay far far away from the tail. Front end gives you AOE's that you can see and dodge - back end gives you a one way ticket deep into the lava
    4) in the opening part with the golumns etc - you don't need to kill everything, just 3 golumns and 1 group, so you can dodge the other groups.
    5) that dragon riding guy (first boss) gets real upset if you kill his pet before him - always kill the dude before the dragon if you can.

I think I was healing in that run so my bad for not keeping you up better.

• Options
    Also for #5, it opens the door, so if you die you can come back and kill the pet.
  • Options

Also for #5, it opens the door, so if you die you can come back and kill the pet.

It can also let in the group your random aggroed as you all went through the door- suddenly that battle can get MUCH more interesting

• Options
    Also a note of frustration with pugs is the total lack of paying attention, especially in a dungeon like valindras tower where you need to pay attention for those soul caskets to spawn. Got stuck on valindra last night with a group that just refused to pay attention when those popped. The dungeon mechanics aren't even hard, people just really need to pay attention
  • Options

Pugging is part of a MMO design. I think you become a better player when pugging as you have to make up for the slack of others and if you play a support role you have to play to a higher level to keep other alive as healer and tank. IMO, everyone should pug content to improve; this way when you go out and play with pre-formed groups you are a better and more experienced player.

I personally like pugging, in DCUO it is how I was able to form my league and get it to a decent enough run to have to groups running 8 man content at the same time time. Over all I would state that pugging is definitely what allows the casuals to play games like NW and get the social interactions they seek in a MMO.

• Options

Also a note of frustration with pugs is the total lack of paying attention, especially in a dungeon like valindras tower where you need to pay attention for those soul caskets to spawn. Got stuck on valindra last night with a group that just refused to pay attention when those popped. The dungeon mechanics aren't even hard, people just really need to pay attention

Yes that is part of the issue. The other part is that this game you can go from a fresh level 70 to a IL 3K with money if you buy all items through the AH. That is where this game is failing IMO. I like games where you have to actually work for towards best gear; however, PW is smart as they are making money off those willing to pay to get best IL quicker and I have no problem with that design if it keeps the game open as F2P and with new content. The players that don't play the character from level 1 to IL 3K miss out on a lot of things and simply don't have the skill one would have from playing the character and grinding for the gear they need.

• Options
    time4tiddytime4tiddy Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    One thing I'm not sure anyone mentioned yet is AP. I think most people struggling at their first epics have completing ignored the AP stat and aren't doing very much damage, and definitely not enough to kill enemies quickly enough. It's very easy to be 2k+ with less than 20% AP and see all of your hits deflected.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    @garbaush#5740 it's been a couple of weeks since your last post, how are you doing now?

If you're still having issues can you post your stats and gear? Don't forget to scroll down on the stats screen to see your Damage Reduction stat as it's primary to GF survivability.

Also, it'd be useful to know which feat tree you went with - I'm guessing Conqueror. The importance of the right feat choices are often underestimated by players on their first character and can really make or break your game play.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    dungeons aren't the only way to get your ilvl up. doing demonic encounters and the two demonic skirmishes are good way to get double slotted rings which help. Joining a guild with market four can help you get at least t1 gear. if you have vip you can get your daily key which gets you tradebars. these can be used for gear too. you also want at least level 7 enchants to start with (you'll want them higher later) join a good guild. this game is structured for people to be in a guild.
  • Options
    umarachnea#5673 umarachnea Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    A bit late to the discussion, but here's my 2c for what it's worth:

1- iLvl is a lock requirement, not recommendation. I think they should add a recommended level although not sure it will make much of a difference.

2- As already mentioned, the item level is not an indication of stats. Sure, many times it will mean that player has gone through the proper content, but I've run CN with a tank who had just switch to healadin. Stats were all wrong, and he was dying at the trash mobs before the bosses even.

3- PUG's can actually be a great place to meet people who are really good at the game and make friends. My first CN clear came from a PUG, and I'm now friends with the tank. (I'm a buff DC).

4- Try and reach out to good players in a pug. maybe add them as friends. The more you surround yourself with skilled players the easier time you have.

5- Tyranny boons are a pain for sure... you could either buy the completion or, if you have VIP, open resurgence lockboxes. These can drop Genie's gift, which you can then turn in at Well of Dragons for campaign currency which is the best place to exchange them. 4 dragon sigils alone are great.

6- Push yourself in tough situations to learn the limits of your playstyle. It's been my experience in pug's (as in most MMO's) that dps don't really focus on avoidable damage. I tend to switch to a heal just to try and compensate even though I'm specc'd for buff/debuff.

Considering you're in a guild now, I sure hope you've been clearing those dungeons a lot more often.