Options

People hitting black portals on demogorgon

13»

Comments

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    armadeonx said:

There are guides available you just have to research them - there are a few on these forums, use the search box at the top of the page.

Yes there are guilds available but this game and its communication tools are a bit behind the 8 ball compared to other MMO games. Also, PSN chat is a joke as well.

I liked what DCUO offered in that game for chat system. You had instance chat typically 2, 4 or 8 players. Than you had group which was up to 8 players. Than you had player created chat, I seen one with over 500 people in it. Than you have League chat which for me I had 20+ players at one time on and talking it up.

The text system did not require a player to hit enter twice to submit their text. I forget that often in NW and don't communicate due to this when I tried to communicate to the group. The voice chat fails due to really bad feedback on my mic. I tested it out in PSN chat, DCUO and other games and I have no issues.

For a multi player game the system we have to communicate with others is dated, clunky and time consuming to get your message across. I like voice chat and would love a robust voice chat system in NW. The lack of a good communication system in this game is the main reason why I am not as active as I was after the game launched.

I like this game and want to play with more players in a guild but without a good voice system in play, I'm not going to stick around or play all that much.
  • Options

I don't know why but people HAMSTER up in Demo to black is incredibly annoying, so many players are furious when this happens (me included). The thing is that when you go into a high Raid, you should look up what to do first. Then 9 people are furious because you were lazy to look up a guide, or at least a short description. It's so annoying.

But people doing it on purpose in Master Demo ... That drives me mad.

There are not that many videos for this game about what to do and what not to do. The game needs a guide section here on the forums. That could help new players out, or solo Vets out who avoid multi player content due to a lack of knowledge of the dungeon mechanics.
  • Options
    thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    The portals are the Gold run killers. If you have the deeps then burning him is best. But even then I have seen the one genius who manages to launch him into a black portal and give him a full bar back. If I had a zen dollar for every time I have read "Purple only", "Yellow Portals only", and "No companions at the blue dragon" I would be maxed out right now.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    "No Defender companions at the Blue Dragon"
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    osea101#6331 osea101 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Can we start handing out bans for people who troll demo already? Most of these trolls seem to be germans for some reason.

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User

Can we start handing out bans for people who troll demo already? Most of these trolls seem to be germans for some reason.

Funny, the majority of the ones I see are a totally different nationality than that - and a lot of them are from the same guild.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    ravenskya said:

Funny, the majority of the ones I see are a totally different nationality than that - and a lot of them are from the same guild.
    You also forgot most also don't need to run the instance. Most already have the Twisted Weapon set, 145 rings and have over 3.1K IL.
  • Options
    bdugbdug Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    It's pretty simple.

Mdemo: high lvl grps put together in chat. Any trolls will be replaced swiftly. Golds will be a plenty. (I farmed my set in 2 days.)

Reg demo: it's reg, all you need is bronze to get good rings. Sure currency is lower on bronze, but you aren't in demo for currency now are you?

Never go into 10 man content with a queue grp and expect to do well, especially when it really doesn't matter.
  • Options
    osea101#6331 osea101 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    bdug said:

It's pretty simple.

Mdemo: high lvl grps put together in chat. Any trolls will be replaced swiftly. Golds will be a plenty. (I farmed my set in 2 days.)

Reg demo: it's reg, all you need is bronze to get good rings. Sure currency is lower on bronze, but you aren't in demo for currency now are you?

Never go into 10 man content with a queue grp and expect to do well, especially when it really doesn't matter.

So the only point of reaching silver or gold is for better currency pay out? It has no effect on which rings you receive, not even on skirmishes like Throne?

If so I can finally stop raging lol.
  • Options
    thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User

bdug said:

It's pretty simple.

So the only point of reaching silver or gold is for better currency pay out? It has no effect on which rings you receive, not even on skirmishes like Throne?

If so I can finally stop raging lol.
    But aren't you guaranteed a "free" ring when you get gold?

• Options
    bdugbdug Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    @osea101#6331 1 of my 2 legendary rings from throne was a bronze run. Ranking does not affect quality.

@thrill#1417 maybe? I honestly never pay attention to the drops unless I see purple.