test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

super annoyed

Why do you have epic dungeons set 1600 il if you go with the suggested team 1healer and tank with 3 dps.. You get wiped every time. Why not just set the req higher. So frustrating watch 2k+ il plauers getting wiped over and over again. And yes using the correct strategies and communication. Fix that please. Hate to leave this game but can't get anything I need to make it to the next "level/tier" for boons. Wtf

Comments

• Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    What char are you playing?
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    garbaush#5740 garbaush Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Ive got a hr at lvl 70
  • Options
    osea101#6331 osea101 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    It is indeed stupid. There is no way anyone below 2000 IL can survive those dungeons. I am 2600 and I struggle.

Also, why aren't the mob levels scaling to IL? That would make it possible for those with a low IL to complete the content. Scaling difficulty is the answer.
  • Options
    hartrek#9713 hartrek Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I think, this whole ilvl thing is bogus. At most, it can only be a hint. You can artificially increase your ilvl almost without you getting any better. And you can get considerably better without increasing your ilvl. What is much more important imho is to complete as many campaigns as possible to get all the boons. And to invest those things that do increase ilvl in the right things for your char. And lots of HP. That makes a huge difference.
    Gáleah Elóthanil  Female Sun Elf CW 70 2500
    Hartrek Runemaster Male  Dwarf  GF 70 2300
    Faeruil  Female Drow  TR 70 1600
  • Options
    As far as boons go im in the last tier of most of em except top 2 and tyranny of dragons. Only upto to book for shores. Im just not doing until something is resolved by the time im "done" with the rest. If still not resolved ill quit. Simple as that.
  • Options
    Added note, that sucks because of all the mmo I've played this is the only one I like
  • Options
    nubmaker#5754 nubmaker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Well, its possible for sure. I see most dps only focus on offensive stats, and neglect defensive stats and boons such as deflect,defense and life steal. Can count the number of 3k dps i see with all kinds of offensive stats..sitting at zero deflect, lifesteal and a drizzle amount of defense.
  • Options
    nubmaker#5754 nubmaker Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Skill plays a huge factor..at just over 2k il on my warlock, i had no problems with mobs in elol, the forst boss could one shot me if i didnt pay attention to his spear of death.
  • Options
    Couldn't agree more nubmaker. I am about 60/40 offensive/defensive for stats so I mean that's def not the issue. My more health idk just don't know. Mines at almost 90k at 77 power points with a bunch of dif boons. And no still don't have the stupid book. Just feel like moving on from tyranny and never returning.
  • Options
    metalicum1metalicum1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Here's the think, NW is an MMO, you should play with a guild. Public queue is a last resort and since you never know who you are playing with, you can't adjust your strategy, build, you can't do anything but hope for zerg run.
    Public players are impatient, usually not very skilled, DPS-hungry (not really care if you play support), and kind of cocky. Or absolute newcomers with bare requirement.
    My advice is don't play public, find a bunch a friends.

ilvl is really stupidly counted in this game. Major stat sources like companions with bondings which gives you tens of thousands of stats potentially are not even considered, and a +200 crit patch is worth 35 points in ilvl. ilvl is a complete nonsense, or at least it is nonsensical to measure power by it. the game needs new system which would consider everything.

Aris Meyde CW MoF Renegade

[PS4] Alliance - House Stargaryen
  • Options
    Here is the thing - IL isn't what you need, it's the stats. You can have 3K IL but if it is all a mishmash of stats then you are going to die a LOT and do very little damage.

Our crew has regularly gotten IL 1600-1800 through the Epics (not the masters, we don't go into those without a full crew). The key is that you need to have gear that makes sense and really know your stuff to do those dungeons at IL 1600.

The way I see it (assuming the IL is all in appropriate gear)-
    at 1600 IL you can get through if you have a good strong group that is helping you out - generally guild members/friends AND some boons done
    When you hit 2000 you can pug and make it through on your own for the most part as long as most of the Pug group is 2000-2200
    at 2500 you can pug and make it through pretty easily and even carry lowbies
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    gbcrosson#5223 gbcrosson Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Being fairly new this is one of the things that turn me off to this game. I am sitting at about 2200il and did Malabog's castle. So fairly obvious the last fight would be next to impossible for a group of 1600's. I wish the IL would either scale correctly or at least have the difficulty match the IL posted. This just causes issues in the group and wasted time if your group is cannot complete.
  • Options
    The posted GS is the minimum to get in. I agree though that there should be a suggested gear score. I'm okay with the minimum being low because if we want to run a lowbie friend through and epic we should be able to. But a suggested gear score might help people to have a better idea of what they can PUG

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Most players below 2.5k have insufficient stats in all areas, as a person who has levelled up 7 characters (the hard way) I now won't even start a character on dungeons until they are a least 2.4k.

All classes need to aim for at least 12k power & 15% DR. DPS need at least 55% RI. Tanks and healers especially need to fully understand their powers & how they interact with their feats AND be able to choose skills based on their party's needs.

I.e. a low geared group need a very defensive tank and DC, debuffing enemy damage and increasing group survivability. A DC placing Hallowed Ground along with empowered Astral Shield will result in the team taking almost no damage - if they all stand in it ofc... if a GF has v. low DR then using KV almost guarantees they will die every 2 minutes and an OP may have to switch auras from courage to truth or protection. This will slow down progress but if the team remains alive then that's what counts.

When you queue for a pug it's probably worth remembering that unless you personally are well geared, your team has about a 1/4 chance of succeeding (based on personal experience).
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    1600 is the absolute minimum.

Yes, a full team of 1600's with no boons will get slaughtered. But, don't forget that it's possible for a 1600 to queue up and get through if the other members are much higher IL and boons. So, if a guild wants to carry a 1600 through Kessels why should the game stop that?

As for quitting the game, that's silly. It's quite easy to get up to 2700 IL without ever stepping into a dungeon. Solo your way through all the campaigns and buy all of the gear you need to get near 3000 without needing to do a dungeon. There's nothing in the dungeons that is game breaking if you ignore it (or can't be bought in the AH)
  • Options
    bloodshot#9399 bloodshot Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    The biggest problem with people public queueing as soon as they are able is that they are used to doing as they level up where it's just a smash and grab hack and slash dungeons. However the epic dungeons have mechanics that need to be beaten. For example Malbogs castle you can't just burn the boss, you have to watch/listen for valindra to come down and take her out first. Most randoms don't even notice.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Work on your campaigns. Stop worrying about gear. The only campaign you may want to improve your IL on is IceWind Dale and Wells of the Dragon. Prior to going into those areas you can beat all the other campaign areas with IL 1600, because the PC Players were in those areas at level 60 and IL under that. So 1600 is more than enough for Dread Ring, Underdark and Sharadar.

Get those campaigns completed along with the EE campaign and you will be much better due to the extra stats you get from running those. You will also improve as campaigns are not as easy as the standard level 1-60 missions.

If you can run skirmishes to get marks of element to buy the 130 gear as well and the skirmishes, especially Throne, are easy and take no time.
  • Options
    zaggy101#7615 zaggy101 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Most people have no idea how to build the character properly or have no boons which do make a difference and or have no clue what there roll is or how to play it properly.... like many games ilevel or gear score does and does not mean the person playing is a good gamer........ ive played with ilvl3000 people who sucked and died many times and where as played with low lvl 2000 and knocked the dungeon fast and properly... i dont know i knocked the dungeon out with 1600-1800 when first playing it so really just skill comes to play ... but the harder dungeons gear does help though.... so really is a little bit of both gear and skill so.....
  • Options
    gwizdq#5584 gwizdq Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I am a tank and 2300 gear but when I play in epic dungeons with random 4 other players then I kill easilly monsters until fight with finally boss - that is too hard and never complete quenne.... this is not fair and too hard on the finish
  • Options
    I think as the tank you shouldn't be the one killing all of the monsters - that's the DPS's job. If you are a 2300 IL tank and your the top of the DPS chart then one of two things is happening.

1)Either you put too much into DPS and not enough into tanking, and are therefore too squishy to do real tanking
    or
    2)The DPS players in there with you are seriously terrible

If either of those is the root cause, then that explains why you are having so much difficulty with the dungeons.

• Options
    ravenskya said:

I think as the tank you shouldn't be the one killing all of the monsters - that's the DPS's job. If you are a 2300 IL tank and your the top of the DPS chart then one of two things is happening.

1)Either you put too much into DPS and not enough into tanking, and are therefore too squishy to do real tanking
    or
    2)The DPS players in there with you are seriously terrible

If either of those is the root cause, then that explains why you are having so much difficulty with the dungeons.

If he is a GF he can tank and DPS if he times his attacks just right. One ability really shines for a GF tank for damage production. Check the GF class section on the forums and you will see what I am talking about. Players are calling it broken ATM.

• Options
    Oh I know the GF can do mad damage I'm just saying that since he is clearly failing these dungeons that he must not be one of those tanks.

• Options
    ravenskya said:

Oh I know the GF can do mad damage I'm just saying that since he is clearly failing these dungeons that he must not be one of those tanks.

Who knows why he is failing. I fail due to playing a pug. I stopped playing NW to play other ATM. I will come back soon. Maybe around the holidays when I have a full week off and hopefully not to many things going on.
  • Options
    Just an update still not doing the tyranny quests. I am still doing one or two shores a night. Mostly still getting wiped. Not just me entire teams. Still no book. Boons on other campaigns are almost done. Minus tyranny and sharandar. Bought some drow gear. Sitting at like 2200 il. Stats seem to ve appropriately in order. Yeah so idk. Don't have this issue with any other "mission/dungeon"!!!
  • Options
    asmodeus6#2618 asmodeus6 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Have you tried getting on the mic and trying to discuss tactics?

Sometimes a simple - all DPS takes right, tank left. Or please pull those away from me so I can aggro boss. And after a try or two people understand the dynamic.

Shores req a decent tank that will aggro Garakas completely. Bring him to the back wall where he wants to be, and drag the drakes to the entrance. Team composition will determine who is raptor bait dragging the drakes, but typically a HR will pull enough to drag them away. A 2-3 split works ok with the tank holding Gar's attention while DPS wears down the drakes. And a healer ping pongs between the groups. I am not a particularly amazing DPS / TR. But after wearing down the drakes the other 3 wiped and I cleared the last drake and garakas while the tank simply stood him in the back while I pounded on him relentlessly. I was able to pull him slightly when the tank needed a quick breather and we 2 manned him from 80% health. He was a very good tank. The healer was directing traffic from the side while he was alive trying to take Gar's cone and direct it away, and hopping back and forth. He eventually got caught and dropped but it allowed me to lay into the boss with very little interruption.

A well rounded build is good for when you are playing with friends who know your inconsistencies and will compensate / communicate. Later game, your job is your job, and you will want to play with people who do their job so you can do yours. Which means PUGs is a waste of your time / specialization and you should be trying to find humans that you click with enough to play with on a semi-regular basis.
  • Options
    bdugbdug Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Try finding a good guild that is active during your peak hours of play. Pugs are terrible in this game like every other mmo.

Gear means very little in terms of completing content. All it does is increase the peed at which bosses die. One shots still one shot, wether you are 1600 or 3000.
  • Options
    zheng#6107 zheng Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    The requirement is set low so players can come inside and learn the mechanics, following a wipe, then they can learn the mechanics, come back and try again. That's how it's suppose to work anyways, what happens instead is the moment they hit 2k ilevel they now wanna be carried
  • Options
    About a guild in epic dubgeons ... yes that right - with my guys from guild I comlepte epic and I learn new tactics in that quenne...
  • Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User

About a guild in epic dubgeons ... yes that right - with my guys from guild I comlepte epic and I learn new tactics in that quenne...

Like the icon.
    That was a good game.
  • Options
    Yes, that was a good game :)