test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

halloween event pumpkin bug?

are the pumpkins bugged? pick them up, it says you get a drop, but dont actually get one. then one that was glowing a few minutes ago isnt glowing now.

Comments

• Options
    cynrune#7155 cynrune Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm having the same issue. Hope they fix it soon
  • Options
    jarron1990jarron1990 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    There is a bug with alchemy profession can't get no more of alchemical research after getting 5 alchemical research if u messed up on rank 9
  • Options
    obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Sorry, wrong forum. But this is happening on PC as well.
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • Options
    grendlerose#7658 grendlerose Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    i have all empty pumpkins now, cant get any drops, doesnt matter how many game restarts or instance changes.
  • Options
    rez#2277 rez Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Happening to me quite a bit. Also pumpkins that i pick up on my route are now not even searchable
  • Options
    letitsleep#3064 letitsleep Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    > @grendlerose#7658 said:
    > i have all empty pumpkins now, cant get any drops, doesnt matter how many game restarts or instance changes.

Same here, except they don't give me Liar's Charms anymore.
  • Options

> i have all empty pumpkins now, cant get any drops, doesnt matter how many game restarts or instance changes.

Same here, except they don't give me Liar's Charms anymore.

yup thats what i meant by empty, no Liars Charms
  • Options
    > > @grendlerose#7658 said:
    >
    > > i have all empty pumpkins now, cant get any drops, doesnt matter how many game restarts or instance changes.
    >
    >
    >
    > Same here, except they don't give me Liar's Charms anymore.
    >
    > yup thats what i meant by empty, no Liars Charms

Well I have enough for everything either way, i'm a collector but at the same time I wanted to make some AD lol. It was good while it lasted.
  • Options
    gilles327#4589 gilles327 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same bug for me. One pumpkins on two is empty so I won't collect enought Liars Charms to get the scarecrow before the end of the halloween event. A friend of mine have got enought liars charms in 3 or 4 h. I must have collect pumpkins for 10 hours now and I've got only 377 masquerade tokens. We need 1200 masquerade tokens to get the scarecrow.
  • Options
    oedioedi Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same bug issue. I may find one or two pumpkins throughout Protectors Enclave and one might give me a charm but most of the time it just says the text with no charm. Started having this problem this morning, tried relogging and that didn't help. They need to reboot or something, or once they fix this they'll need to extend the event. It takes way too long to farm them from mobs, perhaps that's their intent.
  • Options
    i think its already been extended a day and a bit, original end time was supposed to be monday, now its weds, im almost positive about this
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Just to make sure, you're only looting 5 at a time right? If you have 5 or more Liar's Charms in your inventory, you won't be able to loot a pumpkin. The only way to get more than 5 at a time is to either get the 10 from the daily quest or go out into the world and obtain them from monster drops or resource nodes.

Before I forward this issue on, I want to be sure that you don't have 5 or more charms in your inventory when getting "empty" pumpkins or unable to interact with pumpkins at all. When you have 5 or more charms, the pumpkins are supposed to become non interactable and a red tool-tip will appear explaining this.
  • Options
    zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    zebular said:

Just to make sure, you're only looting 5 at a time right? If you have 5 or more Liar's Charms in your inventory, you won't be able to loot a pumpkin. The only way to get more than 5 at a time is to either get the 10 from the daily quest or go out into the world and obtain them from monster drops or resource nodes.

Before I forward this issue on, I want to be sure that you don't have 5 or more charms in your inventory when getting "empty" pumpkins or unable to interact with pumpkins at all. When you have 5 or more charms, the pumpkins are supposed to become non interactable and a red tool-tip will appear explaining this.

Yeah, it's not the 5 limit issue. It is seriously bugged for some if not all players.

As of right now, almost every exterior pumpkin is bugged and even though it says you get a charm, you don't. The collect screen never pops up. For me, all the interior pumpkins are still working normally as an additional data point.
  • Options
    Sometimes I feel that developer's don't go out of their way to take our word for it especially since many people report the same issue.

In any case, here is a short clip. It goes rather fast so pay attention. I am annoyed that this is happening to me on the PS4 too.

youtu.be/koxSsXW27H4
  • Options
    akta#9913 akta Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I had same thing happen last night. About one in every twenty pumpkins actually added a charm to the inventory
  • Options
    krypticavengerkrypticavenger Member Posts: 1 New User
    2 days 4 hours left is this going to get fixed? just like every one here I loot a pumpkin and get the you looted {Said item} with out receiving the item from the 2-5 pumpkins that still glow for me! Glad to see that all the players that this isnt happening to getting there Scarecrows and skeletons and what not's, but I have farmed the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> out of this to get 2 masks and a hand full of tokens and I was asked by my girl friend to farm enough for her to get to Skellys because she dosent have the time to farm 2-5 pumpkins do to she works!
  • Options
    zebular said:

to confirm this, as I do have higher education and am only somewhat stupid, I do not have 5, the pumpkins are empty, but it says I got the charm anyway.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    also, why is this issue "being forwarded" days after it first popped up, it ends wed morning right? theres no time to fix it now. very poor imo. The red tooltip works fine, if the pumpkin is even "glowing" because depending on what instance you end up in, some of them, sometimes almost all of them, arent even glowing and you cant even select them.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited November 2016
    zephyriah said:

zebular said:

Yeah, it's not the 5 limit issue. It is seriously bugged for some if not all players.

As of right now, almost every exterior pumpkin is bugged and even though it says you get a charm, you don't. The collect screen never pops up. For me, all the interior pumpkins are still working normally as an additional data point.
    I just went die hard tonight on trying to farm this last minute and I can verify it's not the five limit. I have none in my inventory and it's not dropping liars charms. about one in five drops but then no pumpkins will light up at all (usually lasts like 15 min to half an hour) it's like it's saying that i have over five in my inventory when it hasn't been letting me take them in reality. (or something) but yeah this event is proving unfarmable even to get the arti upgraded let alone the cool stuff. changing instances or toons does nothing

every now and again when it says I got my liars charm (but none has gone into inventory) it will also say unable to complete this action at this time. and no my inventory is also not full.
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • Options
    zebular said:

I have 1 charm in my inventory and I go and pick at 10 different pumpkins and they don't give me anything, it is bugged.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

zebular said:

to confirm this, as I do have higher education and am only somewhat stupid, I do not have 5, the pumpkins are empty, but it says I got the charm anyway.

also, why is this issue "being forwarded" days after it first popped up, it ends wed morning right? theres no time to fix it now. very poor imo. The red tooltip works fine, if the pumpkin is even "glowing" because depending on what instance you end up in, some of them, sometimes almost all of them, arent even glowing and you cant even select them.

The Q&A department reads the Bug Reporting forums but just as they don't respond to in-game bug reports, they don't respond to forum bug reports. Just because you see some of us Moderators engaging in certain bug reports, it doesn't mean those are the only ones being seen by the developers. It just means that for whatever reason, a particular bug report there caught our attention enough to see if it can be addressed.

I am sorry that my interaction with you did not meet your standards but in all honesty, you were quite vague with details. If you're going to make bug reports and don't want questions, I suggest to be thorough in the information you provide. There is no middle-man. Moderators only add to the visibility already present on the forums. Without us, you'd see even less interaction than what little there already is. That doesn't mean we're the only ones looking at a particular forum, for we aren't. It's been said many times in many venues (forums, twitch, blogs) that the Q&A team and Developers lurk through the forums, particularly the bug reporting forums. There's no need for snide remarks. Contact us directly via PM in the future if you have any questions or concerns on moderator interaction. Thanks!

• Options
    zebular said:

zebular said:

The Q&A department reads the Bug Reporting forums but just as they don't respond to in-game bug reports, they don't respond to forum bug reports. Just because you see some of us Moderators engaging in certain bug reports, it doesn't mean those are the only ones being seen by the developers. It just means that for whatever reason, a particular bug report there caught our attention enough to see if it can be addressed.

I am sorry that my interaction with you did not meet your standards but in all honesty, you were quite vague with details. If you're going to make bug reports and don't want questions, I suggest to be thorough in the information you provide. There is no middle-man. Moderators only add to the visibility already present on the forums. Without us, you'd see even less interaction than what little there already is. That doesn't mean we're the only ones looking at a particular forum, for we aren't. It's been said many times in many venues (forums, twitch, blogs) that the Q&A team and Developers lurk through the forums, particularly the bug reporting forums. There's no need for snide remarks. Contact us directly via PM in the future if you have any questions or concerns on moderator interaction. Thanks!

Accusations and questions are 2 different things. And facts are not snide remarks. The only snide remark I see is your remark about your response not meeting my standards. I understand your a volunteer, but please understand you are dealing with a companies CUSTOMERS who PAY real money to them for a service, that service should include proper communication, its not like we dont appreciate a mods efforts, we do.
  • Options
    also, it looks like the bugs are fixed, I am very appreciative, but fall short of saying thank you because I dont believe this should have happened in the first place, and trust me, if your in game, my reactions are extremely mild compared to what is being said in chat. There is no forum for ps4 users to communicate bugs, moderator interactions, or really anything, please correct me if Im wrong and point me in the right direction. If you felt like this thread was abuse towards you personally as a mod, then you mis-interpreted it, and for that I will apologize, there has to be a better way for people to communicate with a company then forum mods, no offense.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    If you need a response from Game Staff, then one may contact Support. If you need a response from Forum Staff, one may PM any Moderator. The Rules & Policies and Guidelines, which are stickies atop the General Forum for each platform, specifically states this and provides links to contact Support as well as links to each of the Forum Staff's profiles to contact them via Private Message. Each of the Moderator's signatures also contains links to these rules and support.

The forums are community forums, they are not support forums. Even the one "Support" forum we do have specifically states that it is for player to player support and not game staff support.

However, the reason I was stern in my responses to you and in the other thread you made on my response here is because of the tone you took in your first reply in this thread. That was indeed a snide remark, as were some of your remarks in the other thread. I understand you were frustrated but there's no reason to go off and presume some of the claims you stated in your other thread.

Please fix/add an ingame bug reporting system for PS4, I dont believe the bug reports should be left in the hands of forum moderators who apparently are weeding through and only forwarding what they believe are bugs, I could be wrong, but Im basing this on the pumpkin bug thread. 3 days after first reporting what is obviously a time sensitive bug, a mod appeared and thought we werent understanding the gameplay, and before he forwards the bug, we should double check. That in and of itself was 24 hours ago, so now the event end is upon us. Now if I was a developer, the one thing I would tell my forum moderators would be "its not up to you to decide if its a bug or not, forward everything". Unfortunately I cant see any way to contact the game dev's to let them know theres possibly a broken link in their bug reporting process, the middle man needs to be eliminated. I see over in the Support section it says there no in game bug report yet, so Im assuming there will be one in the future? Also, how do we know the bug reports are even making it to the devs? Is there a blog or something we can read? I mean the cape bug I'm told has been around a long time, do the dev's even know about it? And yes I know there are more important bugs than the cape bug, Im giving an example.

edit for spelling error

zebular said:

Please fix/add an ingame bug reporting system for PS4, I dont believe the bug reports should be left in the hands of forum moderators who apparently are weeding through and only forwarding what they believe are bugs, I could be wrong, but Im basing this on the pumpkin bug thread. 3 days after first reporting what is obviously a time sensitive bug, a mod appeared and thought we werent understanding the gameplay, and before he forwards the bug, we should double check. That in and of itself was 24 hours ago, so now the event end is upon us. Now if I was a developer, the one thing I would tell my forum moderators would be "its not up to you to decide if its a bug or not, forward everything". Unfortunately I cant see any way to contact the game dev's to let them know theres possibly a broken link in their bug reporting process, the middle man needs to be eliminated. I see over in the Support section it says there no in game bug report yet, so Im assuming there will be one in the future? Also, how do we know the bug reports are even making it to the devs? Is there a blog or something we can read? I mean the cape bug I'm told has been around a long time, do the dev's even know about it? And yes I know there are more important bugs than the cape bug, Im giving an example.

edit for spelling error

Closing this up now as it is apparent this is a rant on forum moderation. I am sorry that my interaction with you did not meet your standards but in all honesty, you were quite vague with details. If you're going to make bug reports and don't want questions, I suggest to be thorough in the information you provide. There is no middle-man. Moderators only add to the visibility already present on the forums. Without us, you'd see even less interaction than what little there already is. That doesn't mean we're the only ones looking at a particular forum, for we aren't. It's been said many times in many venues (forums, twitch, blogs) that the Q&A team and Developers lurk through the forums, particularly the bug reporting forums.

Furthermore, the Support Site clearly states to use the Bug Reporting forum for the PS4. They are fully aware that you cannot make bug reports in game. In the future, if you have questions or concerns on moderation interaction, please contact us directly instead of making a spectacle about it. This all could have been cleared up in a simple private message with us without you making incorrect assumptions and snide remarks. Thanks!

We love a good bug report with plenty of details and good reproduction steps that help us to track down the cause and get a fix in game as soon as possible, and we appreciate that you want to take time to report your issue to us. We work with different developers on different titles, so we do have a slightly different process for reporting bugs, depending on the game and platform.

Neverwinter (PlayStation 4)
    Unfortunately, Neverwinter for the PS4 platform does not currently offer the ability to send an in-game bug report. For the time being, please post your report to the Bug Reports forum.

Reported bugs will be reviewed by our QA team in the order they are received. Note that in some cases once a bug has been submitted, you will not be able to view or edit it. Additionally, bug reports will often not receive a personalized response. If you're not sure if something is a bug, you may be having problems with a mission or a quest.

As I said there, you really should have PM'd us with such a concern. Never-the-less, as you asked in your PM, I am closing this thread now.
This discussion has been closed.