test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How Maze Engine Campaign Store armor packs now work

two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
NW.65.20160906b.6 "Maze Engine Campaign Store: Purchasing and opening an Armor Package (e.g. Elemental Air or Dread Armor) on one class now unlocks that same pack to reclaim for free on all other classes."

The new feature is great, but a bit unintuitive. So I hope this explanation helps.

Keys elements:
1. Unlocks occur when you open a pack, not when you purchase a pack.
2. The unlock is for that character, not account-wide, but the packs are account-bound.

Example:
1. Buy a Dread Legion Armor Pack on your Control Wizard. Currently, nothing is unlocked.
2. Open the pack on your Control Wizard. Your Control Wizard can now reclaim the Dread Legion Armor Pack for free.
3. Claim another Dread Legion Armor Pack and mail it to your Guardian Fighter.
4. Open the pack on your Guardian Fighter. Your Guardian Fighter receives useless Control Wizard transmutes. HOWEVER, your Guardian Fighter can now reclaim the Dread Legion Armor Pack for free.
5. Reclaim and open the Guardian Fighter's Dread Legion Armor Pack. Your Guardian Fighter now has useful transmutes.

Alternatively, at step 3, you can click through the Campaign Store menus to specifically claim the Guardian Fighter's version of the Dread Legion Armor Pack and send that to your Guardian Fighter. This may save time if you're transferring the unlock to only 1 other character.

I'll be doing the unlock on many alts, so I'll just send them the wrong class's version of the armor pack.
Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Sending around a useless set to many alts for purposes of unlocking their own should actually work even better than expected, as I was anticipating having one character with Dread Legion unlocked, one with Hammerstone, etc.

Just slogging away at Ballad Of Baphomet on several characters each week means that unlocking each set is doable over time.

Thanks for the write-up, as always.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Also note that the class packages which cost 4000 supplies unlock the cross-class packages in the same slot of the store.

For example, the High Vizier's Armor Package unlocks the Timeless Hero's Armor Package and all the other packages in the top right slot.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    That is excellent news.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    i just unlocked dread warrior pack, and it didnt unlock for any other toon on my account.
    only the toon, that opened it, can reclaim it

edit: nvm, had brainlag.....