test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Key Changes

Comments

• Options
    hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User

The devs responding to the patch notes thread are only responding to the fluff stuff. They're not touching the key change comments at all.

Other than to tell us how gracious they are for not pursuing the decline FEATURE as an exploit and banning those who used it...

This whole thing is ridiculous, and really shows how terrible some companies truly are.

Absolutely shameful. Shame on them, for treating people in this manner. Tsk tsk

They're not trying to hear us. They've already decided to go forward with this. We'll get an update monday about how, "we'll work on giving you better loot in a future update." Then we'll ask why not now and we'll either get some vague HAMSTER or silence. Where the hell is mimic or Strum? The answer, who cares, they'd just lie to us anyways!

These past several mods and the silence concerning bugs that have been around for over a year, it's shown me that they don't want or need our feedback. If we quit the game they'll just find a new batch of suckers to milk. Just look at the PS4 version, so many bugs and so much silence.

Can't wait for the eventual Nintendo Switch port. That way they can screw over millions of more players. But hey, be sure to buy the new epic boat for 5000 zen!!!!!
  • Options
    lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Just reminding that the "DECLINE" button is coded and has an accompanying font and button....
    Damn you, you took game bugs to another level
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    lowendus said:

Just reminding that the "DECLINE" button is coded and has an accompanying font and button....
    Damn you, you took game bugs to another level

Not to mention being carefully coded from scratch in full on the X-Box and PS4 to duplicate the 'bug' in their versions >:)

• Options
    omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The November 8th date for PC only, or will they release it on Xbox and PS4 and the same time?
  • Options
    uptondarkdiamonduptondarkdiamond Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 169 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

lirithiel said:

Can anyone suggest me a new game to start downloading? Preferably one with no grind :p

Overwatch should be on sale this holiday season, if pvp in Neverwinter was like that game..... I'd never stop playing it, the only "grind" is to get more character skins. all abilities are available at start and almost every character is fun to play and vastly different from the rest.

Yeah, no thanks. I despise FPSers and it doesn't matter that a company that excels at gaming on so many levels made it. I supported four of their games for many years but Overwatch will not be added to that list. It's sad really because I haven't been this passionate about a game EVER. I grew up in this world and returning to it after 20-odd years was an awesome experience but the business side is fast ruining what could have rivaled the best MMOs out there.
    I agree with the last part of the paragraph whole heartily. I have played many MMO's and in fact was on EQ1 shortly after it was released, talk about grindy and painful, it took almost a year to get epic weapons. I left mostly because the amount of time required to maintain progress no longer supported my life style. The game I played before this one I had BiS (took almost a year) on 2 characters and when they changed the level cap and added new content, that gear was replaced by a common drop in the first new area, and the new epic gear was going to take a long time to get, no thanks.

This is when I discovered Neverwinter (shortly after it was released), fast action, fun to play, and so many dungeons. Mod 1-5 was a blast. Even though there was "BiS" spec's out there you did not need to have those builds to enjoy the game. I played full oppressor (CW) build, wasn't the best dps option but control was fun. Then mod 6 happened and they did something i have never seen happen in a MMO, they took away content, made all the zones we were familiar with (IWD, WOD, and DR) made them level 70's zone, and just happened to make it where most people would get killed instantly from the trash mobs we easily handled the day before, MIND BOGGLING.

Never seen anything like that in any other MMO. Lots of people bailed. Since the mod 6 debacle more and more (leadership AD, coal ward from trade bar store, and gateway) stuff gets taken away with very little added to it. In the place of this removed content the game becomes more and more grindy, we get more and more HE's, and more and more campaign requirements. The game becomes more and more alt un-friendly and we get more and more promise.

Don't get me wrong the new zones are beautiful and I appreciate the work that has went into them. FBI is fun but does take a lot time to do but the end rewards are terrible compared to the time requirement to complete zone.

I however do not like the Voninblod requirements for the new stuff, do not like who almost everything good is hidden behind keys and RnG, I do not like the limited dungeon selections, i'm sick of HE's, I don't like the foundry support, and I don't like how little support there is for crafting.

The game is becoming so grindy it really does fell like a job instead of the entertainment. I don't know, maybe i'm playing the game all wrong....

It's hard for me to use cash on this game because there is very little I desire from the zen market, trade bar store, or bazaar. I keep holding out for the release of an account wide legendary mount, new class, or new race. I will not buy coal wards or any refinement stuff from the market, to costly. I seldom buy keys from zen market and will probably not by them with the changes coming, again to costly.

I have a hard time getting into the new mod, i enjoy playing many different characters and the time requirements to maintain these characters in the new mod is extremely hard beyond 1 character.

Overall, i'm just Frustrated with my gaming experience. This game has such a great platform, I't DnD related (this means you will have a hardcore following because lots of us pen and paper DnD and enjoy the experience), and has passionate community of gamers. It just feels like we are cash cow's instead of the DnD enthusiasts that would love nothing more than seeing the game world many love and enjoy coming to life.

The DnD tag and enthusiasm for this game is wearing thin on me but such is the evolution of game I guess.....
  • Options
    kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User

The Devs have kindly decided out of the goodness of their hearts not to pursue anyone who is using this bug
    So what right have we got to demand loot changes?
    They already decided key changes come OK this is done
    And they decided not to prosecute players for usage of decline button
    So when ever someone says about changing loot they could just answer '' Be happy you are still playing after abusing DECLINE button for 2 years''
    It doesn't look like any loot will change so people please don't kid yourself that it will.
    My father always says: expect the worst and you don't get disappointed when it comes.

You just can't ban your customer because you are too incompetent to get your stuff right. No one of us should be happy. They didn't do much to achieve this (except for the content designers.)
  • Options
    mrmakeithappen#7220 mrmakeithappen Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Players have gone through too many nerfs with promises of “monitoring and adjusting”. Leadership, Professions, Salvage Changes, Gateway, Invoking. You name it. All of these changes came with a hefty nerf and players never felt appropriately compensated for it afterwards. At this point it doesn’t even matter whether a change is actually justified.

That’s why the devs have to accompany nerfs with a global solution. No promises, no monitoring, just facts and changes. If they feel the current system of previewing chests is no longer working for them fine, but then change the whole loot system and not just one variable that only penalizes players.

Copied this from another neverwinter site. Feel like this sums it up everyone's feelings perfectly about the key changes. It's not so much as losing the key it's the loot or lack thereof dropping from chests. I'm watching how this plays out intently because this will have a huge effect on my character in more ways than one. As a 2731 gwf I get scooped up to run dungeons I don't really need to run but just hoping for a good loot drop. The content I need to run people are only forming groups with a minimum gear score of 2900. So I'm kinda stuck in limbo and with this bug change to consume the keys, I feel like getting into a group is going to be that much harder. My saving grace was running weaker content and working the auction house. The change to the keys also just made artifacts and artifact equipment insanely more valuable. I feel the AH prices are going to go up astronomically. I easily see prices rising up millions. Unless the loot changes the grind isn't worth the rewards and it's gonna be crazy to save up AD to be equipment and artifacts. With a player decline, there's gonna be a bunch of fresh level 70 with no upper echelon players to get them through the dungeons or players stuck in limbo like myself. I'm not currently playing or throwing any more money into the game until some kind of viable solution is found. I log in to just to get my key until my VIP runs out. Amidst all the rage and hate for 48 pages, their has been some good suggestions to give the players better loot. I accept the key consumption change is going live but this thread alone shows how players across the board feel. I have put money into this game and will do so again. Only when, some kind of change is made to the loot that drops AND is implemented into the game. I think we all agree the loot sucks right now and moderator or not I don't think anyone believes "better able to design rewards for chests going forward now that the bug has been fixed"
  • Options
    coldfire473coldfire473 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    uzala said:

This have been said many times in this thread but it is worth repeating, the proposed change simply doesn't work with RNG as it is now. If the randomness and the terrible drop rates would be fixed, the key change would have little to no impact on the game.
    Could the developers give us some information how they gonna go about it? I mean they cannot just release that change, without further adjustments to the loot system, and just see what happens. I have see them use expressions like(paraphrasing) "we will monitor the impact...", think most recent I can think off was in the legacy set removal thread, sorry for quoting this which perhaps is a bit off-topic, but the approach used by developers to make big changes, seem to impact live servers and its players mostly:

asterdahl said:

Our queue data is being skewed by the existence of these sets. Despite claims to the contrary, data shows that the fastest groups completing Fangbreaker are in fact running these sets. Currently our fastest recorded time in Fangbreaker is 16 minutes and 37 seconds. This is exceptionally below our average and median runtimes. As you may be able to guess the cleric in that group was running High Prophet while the wizard was running High Vizier. As long as our data is thus skewed by sets that are no longer obtainable, it is very difficult for us to accurately balance rewards. While we never balance for the absolute fastest runs this skew is so large that it brings down our averages. Eliminating all groups running these sets from our data would be time consuming, in addition, in cases where items are flowing into the economy, these sets will increase that rate significantly over what was expected.

The bolded part is what I aim at, again, the approach seems to be, we will throw this change out there for you, watch you suffer for few months than maybe we will do some further changes to smooth things out.
    Am I out of line seeing it this way? I really like this game, and by reading all these comments in this thread, I feel many of you guys do as well. This game has tremendous potential to be truly great, but but the development system need to be looked at.

edit: just a funny observation in that quote, seems like the developers are unfamiliar with statistical boxplots.
    Time consuming? Adding a filter to a spreadsheet or database is TIME CONSUMING?!!? That's the most ridiculous statement I've heard in 20+ years in IT. If someone tried telling me that at work, I'd literally laugh in their face (well, ear, since it would most likely be over a Skype session). Whoever told you it was time consuming to filter out those results needs to be told this is a resume generating event.
  • Options
    kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    Relax people, none will say anything to make things better.

This change is already on Preview and will go live no matter what will anyone write, shout or scream in here - move along please.

Take a break, and play a real game. Witcher 3! hell yeah! mod it a bit and it will be a big pleasure to play.
    Least to say, W3 dev's and game owner are light years ahead of these dudes running the shipwreck.

Again, one more time, how can anyone (seriously) pay for anything in this game with real money? please tell me HOW?
    It's not worth a penny anymore, for a long long time it's not.

Take care everyone.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • Options
    mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    You are correct Kemi, they are doing this whatever the consequences for us or them.
    They pay no attention to our feedback other than basic lip service, sad but there it is.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    kemi1984 said:

Relax people, none will say anything to make things better.

This change is already on Preview and will go live no matter what will anyone write, shout or scream in here - move along please.

Take a break, and play a real game. Witcher 3! hell yeah! mod it a bit and it will be a big pleasure to play.
    Least to say, W3 dev's and game owner are light years ahead of these dudes running the shipwreck.

Again, one more time, how can anyone (seriously) pay for anything in this game with real money? please tell me HOW?
    It's not worth a penny anymore, for a long long time it's not.

Take care everyone.

Unfortunately I think you are 100% correct. I'll wait and see how it goes, hopefully this doesn't result in dungeon runs reducing to the extent that it makes it too hard to get a pug run. Because if all there is left for pugs is daily grinds, then that's it for me.

I still have some Zen left from some $$ I put in a couple of months ago, but I certainly won't be throwing any more $$ into this game until I feel less jilted.
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    My Feedback.

How will this affect me?
    It won't. I have several alts I can run dungeons with, when ViP keys run low I'll just run with another character. 3 ViP keys a day plus 1 freebie from PE means 4 dungeons per ALT that I can run as I please.

ALTS that are too poorly equipped to run T1/T2's or higher will run nToS. With AD bonus is 16k ad for 2 runs that takes about 15 minutes per character. With a 2xCTA you're looking at about 25k ad per day per character, earned in about 20-30 minutes each.

nDemogorgon will be a pretty much 1 run per day at the most. No chance at all of getting a +5 ring running it once a day, I think I have a better chance of a Legendary mount from my ViP enchanted key. I'll save the Greater key for CN as that chest actually has loot that has the possibility of being ok. Maybe I'll save my Greater Demonic keys for 2xEnchants, spam CN with them during that event and hope for as many 2xR8 enchantments to sell on.

PoM and ToDG, well I never liked them much to begin with, won't be doing them at all from November 8th onwards.

Will I still spend money on this game?
    I'm waiting hopefully for a Black Friday sale which I then intend to buy a years worth of ViP, I might also buy a couple of companions too but that's all I have plans for.

Will I still open chests?
    Of course, the left chest. I'll burn my campaign keys I have on content when the changes hit live, they're simply not worth the investment to farm and if Cryptic think I will use a Legendary Key just to get a +1 ring they're delusional.

How do I feel about these announcements?
    I find them offensive in the extreme and was further sent irate by the statement that that they have no plans right now to ban anyone who used the decline button.

Why do I still play this game?
    I play it because it is everything Neverwinter Nights was but better. It has the same layout, same basic functionality, better graphics and is the D&D setting which I love. The suits that run this game for $$$ can take a flying leap though as far as I am concerned.

Other Feedback regarding keys.
    I liked the suggestion earlier where someone said that we should have 3 keys, a Lesser Key, a Greater Key and a Master Key.

The campaign keys made sense when we had unique loot/armor/weapons that we could loot from said chests but sadly that is all gone. Now VT and MC yield pretty much the same loot and no, I don't count the chance of a Terror or Feytouched shard in the left chest as unique loot.

In brief.
    I'm not happy but I'm still playing, as I am guessing most people posting in this thread will be when the changes happen. Folks raged Leadership AD nerf would kill the game, they threatened to leave if the invoke AD was removed, as far as I can tell most logged in the next day.

With the current ad you can earn from levelling dungeons, CTA's and campaign weeklies we still can earn AD, and maybe an Artifact drop from bosses or left chest will bump that somewhat.
  • Options
    maulwurfmann01maulwurfmann01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 27 Arc User

My Feedback.
    With the current ad you can earn from levelling dungeons, CTA's and campaign weeklies we still can earn AD, and maybe an Artifact drop from bosses or left chest will bump that somewhat.

The AD incom was never the problem....but it´s impossible to upgrade the latest weapons to legendary after this change and you can bet, that every new gear will be hidden behind the paywall just like the weapons are
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    After what i've seen in preview server forum, no change will be made, it will hit live server the way they planned (like @kemi1984 said) and maybe with loot bugged on top of that :s ...

PS. Nothing good to say when they claim one of the best "feature" we had to easy the grind was a "Bug"....
    not that makes much difference AD wise, the thing is it really show that THEY DONT GIVE A HAMSTER .

I Hope Dice lower BF1 price for Brasil soon because i will need a new game when this com live;
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Wow how many post there is on this thread is insane, its 100x more than when coal wards where removed from the store and that was a VERY BIG DEAL.

I am proud of you community. Time to show them !!!
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Look playing to pay, never goes over well.. its a stupid concept.. but this isnt just about the keys. Its about everything else gone before us, the nerf after nerf after nerf of services and thier refusal to listen to the overall concept and feedback that has been thrown at them since the start of mod 10.

When players opt out of playing the game over doing something.. its not a good system.

I never opted out before.. not even during TOD.. which I personally thought was boring.

Overall they pushed too far, got too greedy and players and community has spoken.

Your game isnt a game anymore, its just a thinly veiled marketing concept. Too bad.

• Options
    hanniballa#2401 hanniballa Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    destrowod said:

Wow how many post there is on this thread is insane, its 100x more than when coal wards where removed from the store and that was a VERY BIG DEAL.

We've yet to have a dev come here and say anything other than we're listening. We've accomplished nothing. They were never going to change a thing. The people who make this game are liars.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Just in case my thoughts were lost in the thread here we go:

Remember that those of us who are console players don't get the preview/test server available to us. - And a LOT of money comes from console players.

1) Reduce the number of keys - Basic key (left chest), Dungeon key, enchanted key, demo key, tiamat key, VIP key (should be a skeleton key) that's it.
    2) VIP should come with enchanted keys and a set of skeleton keys usable on ANY chest (including stronghold boxes if we so choose)
    3) Increase the RNG all the way around. You have locked everything we want/need to progress behind either $$$ or ridiculous RNG. 1% to upgrade an enchantment unless we hand you $10? and apparently our characters are too stupid to learn from it because it's 1% the next time too.
    4) remember the more we play the more likely we are to fork out $$ - so locking our desire to run dungeons/content behind a paywall for keys actually causes the average player to play less. Example - I had 3 mDemo keys on Sunday, I ran it 3 times and didn't bother to run it after that.
    5) if we have to make keys, they shouldn't take 24 hours to make. 10 min MAX, but in reality should be a few seconds.
    6) if you are afraid giving us better RNG is going to hose up the AH - then make the HAMSTER we pick up from this glorious new RNG account bound (did you see the word account in there, NOT character bound).
    7) stop filling up our inventory with garbage - I don't need an entire bag just for keys, I shouldn't need two bags to hold refinement because the same garbage takes up 3 stacks - DO AWAY WITH CHARACTER BOUND REFINEMENT
    8) Some of us put a lot into wanderer's fortune, dragon hoard enchantments etc for you to suddenly limit them on us... another not cool move.
    9) You need to stop nerfing ever chance we have to move ahead without giving you $.
    10) increasing your revenue should come from making VIP more desirable, offering us more unique things in the Zen market. As I said before - people will spend a lot to look good. Color skins for our mounts/companions.
    11) create a wardrobe to hold fashion items - that way we can collect them, this encourages us to work for getting more of them. I would probably own most of the fashion items if I had somewhere other than my inventory to keep them.
    12) collectors spend $$ - remember that. It's the hoarders that are going to drop $$ on your game to get that last piece of some set. I have a friend who has been grinding mDemo for a week straight to get the weapons for all of his alts, and he isn't even going to use them for half of the alts. I have another friend moat farming to get EVERY SET on EVERY alt because he wants them. That's a lot of wands. Give those people more to collect and the actual opportunity to collect them and they will be on for hours.
    13) more weapon and armor sets - actual good ones. With set bonuses so everyone isn't running around with the same weapons since they are the only good ones in the game.
    14) If you want more $$ out of us, give us more content, give us more things to buy - but don't FORCE us to buy them to play the game. Let me explain how this works - in our guild we have about 85 members last I checked. We have no requirements to get in. The only thing we say is "When you can - chuck HAMSTER in the mimic so we can build the guild up." We get more contributions that way then we would have if we demanded they do things or made things requirements.
    15) I have spent several hundred $$ on this game already on PS4 between paying for things on my account an my boyfriend's account. I play to play with my friends. If you drive my friends off because of an inability to advance because they don't have the $$ to get anywhere - you are also driving me off... and many of my more high $$ friends. You already lost our guild founder after he spent over $1000 and gave up because of the garbage RNG. Sure he's still in our guild, and we convince him to come run a dungeon with us every now and then - but he opens a chest and says "See this is why I don't play this anymore" and leaves afterwards. STOP RUNNING OFF MY FRIENDS.

Here is an idea - make us quest to find the bits to make a skeleton key. One that doesn't disappear, and has unlimited uses in a dungeon. And don't hide the bits behind stupid RNG. I love to run LoL - I would quest to get a key that will always open that chest. I'd even suck it up and go into PvP to find the parts to make that key.

Oh and you know what - bosses should drop stuff. All bosses.

And even if you fail demo, Tiamat, a skirmish you should get something for your time.

Dungeons/Skirmishes should give AD every time you complete them. They take us time to do, we should be rewarded every time. The Bot armies aren't running dungeons. You took away our evoking - give us AD in all the dungeons. Even if you change it to "level appropriate dungeons." In fact, you SHOULD make it level appropriate dungeons so that the 70's aren't tearing through Cloak Tower at 100mph, ruining the experience for the actual first timers.

Please - I want this game to be the game my friends and I are still playing 5 months from now. Don't run us off.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    vikoonvikoon Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    I haven't logged into the game since Thursday and since the change is obviously going through, I won't be logging in at all. There are just too many other really good games that have come out that we don't have to take what Cryptic is shoving down our throats. I see that some people think that they are taking a stand by not purchasing ZEN, but I think that it is important for people to realize that not logging in at all actually hurts them just as much. They have come to expect a median regarding login numbers, and if those are drastically reduced, then you will certainly make them hit a panic button of some kind.

Monetizing a F2P game is one thing. Constantly taking content and features from the community is a whole other problem. I haven't ever seen a video game company take so much away without giving something back in return. For shame.
  • Options
    calicobillcalicobill Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I'm sure this will go live and we will have to deal with it. Will the loot tables be fix/improved? No idea but I wouldn't hold my breath. So I'm not going to tell you that I'm quitting the game, far from it. I'm just going to tell you my perspective and then deal with the changes.

- I have one toon of each class so I can decide which one I like playing the most. This gives me a choice of how I want to play the game.

- I only play the PVE content so any changes to the PVP doesn't affect me.

- I have only played a few of the foundry quest because the loot is not worth my time. So the foundry not being used to its potential doesn't affect me.

- I have VIP 12 for convenience, epic keys and a lockbox key. I consider this like a subscription to make my life better in game.

- I RUN CONTENT THAT ALLOWS ME TO MAKE KEYS TO RUN CONTENT.

- Dungeons: 3 person, I run ToS for AD only. None of the others are worth it. 5 person I run CN for the drops and ELoL, VT when a guildie wants to run them.

- Skirmishes: Hunt for daily. PoM for ring chance.

- Trials: EDemo, NDemo, Tia

- HEs: I spam these to build the guild, RP or currency to make keys.

- I work to get all the boons for each toon. As I complete them, I move to another toon.

- I won't farm BI or Blood to keep equipment maintained. It is not worth my time. All my toons have DF or Dusk armor sets and I upgrade from Elemental artifacts to twisted. I can run all the content with this setup.

When there is an event I will sometimes buy Zen if an item interests me, but other than that I don't buy Zen. If I can't afford an item with AD, I just farm AD until I have enough to buy it.

MOD 10 dropped and I ran the content to get the boons but after that I don't run that content any more because I don't need blood or want to run FBI.

So when they change the key system I will not buy Zen for keys but do the same thing I always do:

I RUN CONTENT THAT ALLOWS ME TO MAKE KEYS TO RUN CONTENT.
  • Options
    You can always do that for older content, the real problem is the new raid takes 3 keys.. which basically means you can run it for free twice a week, it also has a massive rng factor involved, the chance of getting a legendary mark for you personally to make the weapon with (which also takes quite a bit of vblood and other HAMSTER, junk , stupid , moronic , idiotic stuff) to make one.

So , in the old system, you would ran new raid = 1000 times , maybe get your legendary mark to make your stuff.. new system = run it twice and never get it.

Only those players who can afford to buy keys are realistically ever going to get the weapons. Then they also have to find each other in game and run together.. Im sure some specialty channel will be set up for those type of players.

My predication, that less then 100 people will get new weapons.

• Options
    destrowod said:

I am too, I just hope many follow up on thier big words, just dont support them any longer.

This company has shoved too much HAMSTER down our throats.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    As a few others have said the key change itself won't affect me much due to my VIP sub. I currently have over 400 dungeon keys available on each of my toons, so I'll just be burning through those slowly once Nov 8 comes around. H3ll I might even starting collecting the free key daily again. But my VIP runs out in 10 days and I don't think I'll be renewing it if the status quo remains.

What does affect me is the amount of players on my friends list that aren't logging in anymore as a result of the latest Cryptic bomb. That's where it hurts me the most as it directly influences my enjoyment of the game. Mod 10 was the first content I ignored to a large extent (I got to the fishing quest in Lonely Wood and abruptly stopped there). I'll be skipping Mod 10.5 too and it's no skin off my back. The SKT boons are on par with IWD as the worst ones to date. I can do without them. New weapons? HAMSTER 'em.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
This discussion has been closed.